NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Official Wulfgard Q&A Topic

Wulfgard

• Please log in to reply
1023 replies to this topic

#21 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,749 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Iron Corsair @ Jul 17 2009, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see. Thank you, Wolfy.

No problem at all. wink.gif If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

QUOTE (Richard @ Jul 17 2009, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, good point tongue.gif It's just that the one in the story is one of my favorites smile.gif

By the way, has it been decided if the world is flat or round? wink.gif

Ah. Kay, I understand. tongue.gif

Yep. It's gonna be flat, probably with a somewhat curved shape, so that it'll still have a horizon (and so some loonies can say "The world is round!" when it really isn't tongue.gif Because debunking science in a fantasy world is just so very fun).

QUOTE (MS_DOS @ Jul 17 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are there Pseudodragons in Wylfgard? If so, are they like D&D pseudodragons, and are about 1-2 feet long, and how common are they compared to 'true' dragons?

I don't think we're planning to include anything like that, nope. So far all we have dragon-wise is dragons and wyverns (as Richard said), no pseudodragons or half-dragons (half-dragons are a no-no in Wylfgard).

QUOTE (Lord Boar @ Jul 17 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok what if they dont take orders and they are equal partners(but the dragons probably a bit more indimitading)

Well, perhaps. But it'd still be a very rare occurence, of course. wink.gif I hadn't really planned to ever include any dragon riders in Wylfgard, though.

Ok and no offense is taken. What if the reason he hates the empire is because his parents were killed in the fight against the Alliance so he views the Empire as evil. Would that work?

Sure, that'd be fine.

How about " often aiding in the fights againts Imperial armies. and exiling the Emperor to a far northern land.

That sounds fine, I suppose, although exiling the Emperor to somewhere in Northrim would be exceptionally difficult. tongue.gif But sure, that'll be fine.

I take no offense at all from your comments and enjoy them. Also if you hadn't noticed I based a lot of my fan fiction on the Inheritance cycle But it come in conflict Wylfgard. Check out my updates to my fan fiction if you can.

I'll do so immediately. smile.gif

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#22 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,003 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:56 AM

Maybe the Church of Zeus could imprison heretics for dare suggesting that the World is shaped like a pancake. tongue.gif

Edited by Richard, 17 July 2009 - 12:56 AM.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#23 Iron Corsair

Iron Corsair

Forever Alone

• 1,362 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

Yep. It's gonna be flat, probably with a somewhat curved shape, so that it'll still have a horizon (and so some loonies can say "The world is round!" when it really isn't tongue.gif Because debunking science in a fantasy world is just so very fun).

Lol. Hurray for loonies! wacko.gif

Are there many nomads in the South, similar to Saudi Arabia, or is it more like Ancient Egypt, with people living in villages/towns?

Also, are lots of people in the South merchants?

Edited by Iron Corsair, 17 July 2009 - 01:36 PM.

#24 SirDalg

SirDalg

Somewhat "TM"ed

• 15 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:46 AM

Are there gladiator fights? If so are they illegal?

#25 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE (SirDalg @ Jul 18 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Arent gladiator fights before or after the mideival era? Cant remember, besides that was like Italian, or greek, even more Roman.

Oh and thanks for answering my question wolfy, I think I understand, Were you saing that the extent of a magic users gifts are to his body/mind strength along with his vocabular of the languages of, lets say Muspelheim?

Aaaand a couple more questions wink.gif

What would be the result of a human and a kitsune...errr...to be together?

Wyverns arent necessarily dragons are they, I mean they dont have any feet right, and they're smaller than the average dragon from my knowledge of wyverns.

What would happen if nearly all of a kings nation disagreed with him and wanted him to step down? Would the emporer make him step down, or would he just stay king?

Since someone said stuff about dragons it had me thinking. What if, completely on accident, an elder dragon llost one of their eggs and a wanderer or someone stumbled apon it? Would they sell it, would the empire take it away or what

thanls biggrin.gif

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#26 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,749 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (Iron Corsair @ Jul 17 2009, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are there many nomads in the South, similar to Saudi Arabia, or is it more like Ancient Egypt, with people living in villages/towns?

Also, are lots of people in the South merchants?

The upper region of the South (closer to the Empire) is more like Egypt. The majority of the region is as well, as they worship the ancient Egyptian pantheon (Anubis, Osiris, Isis, Ra, etc.). There are, however, some nomads and more Saudi Arabia portions of the South, with nomads scattered in the southeast, near the desert known as the Wastes.

Well, there are plenty of merchants (some of which find a considerable amount of money waiting for them on the edges of the Empire, where they can sell their exotic items to the foreigners) - but not really any more than there are in the Empire, necessarily. But it certainly isn't an unusual occupation.

QUOTE (SirDalg @ Jul 18 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, there are gladiator fights, and no, they are not illegal. wink.gif The Empire still holds gladiator fights. The Emperor dislikes the gladiator 'games,' and is trying to get them disbanded, but so far they've proven simply too popular to end. The Emperor is having difficulty putting a stop to them, so they're still going strong.

QUOTE (fire-fox526 @ Jul 18 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Arent gladiator fights before or after the mideival era? Cant remember, besides that was like Italian, or greek, even more Roman.

The Empire is sort of a mixture of different eras and cultures. It's similar to the Roman Emprie (and the Greeks as well) in some elements, yet has medieval elements as well, such as knights, kings, etc. The Empire could be considered in transition to the medieval days, so to speak. But gladiator fights were before the medieval times. wink.gif

QUOTE (Fire-Fox)
Oh and thanks for answering my question wolfy, I think I understand, Were you saing that the extent of a magic users gifts are to his body/mind strength along with his vocabular of the languages of, lets say Muspelheim?

Yep. That and how many spells (incantations, the language; hand motions; or sometimes even mental commands) the wizard knows.

QUOTE (Fox)
What would be the result of a human and a kitsune...errr...to be together?

Well, here's a currently unedited (so it might sound a little crappy; I haven't gone over it many times yet tongue.gif ) little piece from the section on Kitsune that I'm writing about Reproduction:
Kitsune are like humans, as well as beastmen and the ancient shifters, in that they do not spread any type of disease in their bite. Kitsune reproduce only by having children with another Kitsune. While it is possible for a Kitsune to have children with a human or even an elf, this is a particularly rare scenario that is almost never done and is virtually unheard of. Kitsune are already exceptionally rare, and they find it most prudent to reproduce with another Kitsune… also due to a natural attraction with one of their own kind.

As for half-Kitsune (which, as mentioned, are an exceptionally rare occurence, if it happens at all), their abilities would be very limited. They would be sensitive to silver and have the ability to take the form of a man-fox at will. However, they wouldn't be able to turn into foxes or innately use any kind of magic (other than the aforementioned man-fox shapeshifting). Also, their man-fox form would be the same fur color as their Kitsune parent, of course.

QUOTE (Fox)
Wyverns arent necessarily dragons are they, I mean they dont have any feet right, and they're smaller than the average dragon from my knowledge of wyverns.

Well, it all depends. They aren't exactly like true dragons from any region, but they are more dragonlike than any creature besides dragons themselves, so many people would still consider them dragons of a sort. Wyverns do have feet and legs, but they don't have any upper arms, like dragons do; just a pair of wings and a pair of legs, as well as a long and powerful tail tipped with a dangerous, arrowhead-like barb.

QUOTE (Fox)
What would happen if nearly all of a kings nation disagreed with him and wanted him to step down? Would the emporer make him step down, or would he just stay king?

The Emperor would probably try to take down a king if he was that bad - he's the Emperor, after all. But would the king willingly step down from the Empire, or would he try to revolt and break away from the Empire? Or would his people revolt in an attempt to put him down?
A lot of things could happen, but the Emperor would probably try to step in, if he was that bad of a king. Whatever happened, though, this king would certainly be in a lot of trouble.

QUOTE (Fox)
Since someone said stuff about dragons it had me thinking. What if, completely on accident, an elder dragon llost one of their eggs and a wanderer or someone stumbled apon it? Would they sell it, would the empire take it away or what

Well, dragons don't get senile, so I couldn't imagine one just dropping the egg and forgetting about it. The dragon would have to be killed, or he\she would come back looking for it. As for what the individual who found the egg would do with it, that would be completely up to him. Would he hide it from the dragon and risk the creature's wrath, or would he just leave it where it was (the wiser thing to do)?
As for the Empire, if they ever found out the wanderer had it, they might come to slay it if it was hatched, or possibly take the egg for studying if it was not hatched - but it'd depend on a lot of different factors, so that can't be said for certain.
But that isn't something that would really, well, happen. tongue.gif The only way for a man to get his hands on a dragon egg would be to steal it, not find it lying about somewhere (which would also be a very bad idea).

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#27 Iron Corsair

Iron Corsair

Forever Alone

• 1,362 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:56 AM

The upper region of the South (closer to the Empire) is more like Egypt. The majority of the region is as well, as they worship the ancient Egyptian pantheon (Anubis, Osiris, Isis, Ra, etc.). There are, however, some nomads and more Saudi Arabia portions of the South, with nomads scattered in the southeast, near the desert known as the Wastes.

Well, there are plenty of merchants (some of which find a considerable amount of money waiting for them on the edges of the Empire, where they can sell their exotic items to the foreigners) - but not really any more than there are in the Empire, necessarily. But it certainly isn't an unusual occupation.

Okay, I get it. Thanks!

Actually, all this talk of Gladiators has got me thinking of fan-fiction. Here are some more questions I have on Gladiators:

1) Are they slaves/POWs from wars?

2) Are they given weapons similar to Ancient Roman Gladiators?

3) If they win a certain number of 'games', are they set free?

4) Are they given a wooden sword after they win *Insert number here* of 'games'?

#28 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,749 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Iron Corsair @ Jul 18 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, I get it. Thanks!

Actually, all this talk of Gladiators has got me thinking of fan-fiction. Here are some more questions I have on Gladiators:

1) Are they slaves/POWs from wars?

2) Are they given weapons similar to Ancient Roman Gladiators?

3) If they win a certain number of 'games', are they set free?

4) Are they given a wooden sword after they win *Insert number here* of 'games'?

No problem. wink.gif I have fun answering everyone's questions, so ask away. tongue.gif Not to mention sometimes you guys bring up things that Justin and I haven't yet discussed, so it helps us make sure we get everything down.

Sure thing...

1) Yes, mostly. Prisoners, slaves, etc. There are also some volunteers who simply do it for glory, money, fame, whatever they find interesting about it.

2) Yes, although we don't always adhere to the specific rules.

3) It depends on where they were taken prisoner and why. The Emperor certainly wouldn't allow them to just put slaves in there and fight them to death, so the Emperor does have a point where, if they win enough games, they are set free. As for the exact number, Justin and I will have to talk about it. wink.gif But thanks for giving us another element to think about. tongue.gif

4) Yes.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#29 Iron Corsair

Iron Corsair

Forever Alone

• 1,362 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Captain James T. Kirk @ Jul 18 2009, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No problem. wink.gif I have fun answering everyone's questions, so ask away. tongue.gif Not to mention sometimes you guys bring up things that Justin and I haven't yet discussed, so it helps us make sure we get everything down.

Sure thing...

1) Yes, mostly. Prisoners, slaves, etc. There are also some volunteers who simply do it for glory, money, fame, whatever they find interesting about it.

2) Yes, although we don't always adhere to the specific rules.

3) It depends on where they were taken prisoner and why. The Emperor certainly wouldn't allow them to just put slaves in there and fight them to death, so the Emperor does have a point where, if they win enough games, they are set free. As for the exact number, Justin and I will have to talk about it. wink.gif But thanks for giving us another element to think about. tongue.gif

4) Yes.

That's what fans are for, asking questions to get the creators to think. tongue.gif

1) Alright, Prisoners, slaves, glory hounds, etc. I got it.

2) Excellent! Maybe some new weapon combos for me to come up with....

3) I see. No problem. tongue.gif

4) Good.

Excellent. I'll begin work on it in the morning, for sure. Plus, not only will it have to do with the Gladiator's battles, but also what he does after he wins X amount of victories, and if he's set free or not.

Thanks for the help!

#30 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,003 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

Do Elves (Any any other Fey creatures) display any particular sesitivity to Iron?

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#31 The Dude

The Dude

SSLF's Dudeist priest. Actually ordained.

• Nova Patron
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:58 AM

You said that humans don't know how to make enchanted weaponry, but how are they made, apart from lost by senile gods? Just wondering.

P.S When is Curse of Greed going to start? crying.gif

Posted Image

#32 Orion

Orion

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads

• Nova Patron
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:46 AM

I was wondering how far along is boating technology? Are they similar to the Greek/Roman Trireme?

#33 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,003 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:42 PM

What is the name of Eylfgard's equivalent to Athena, seeing as how Athens should not exist?

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#34 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:18 AM

Would there be any chance that if a baby abandoned outside of an elf city, would they take it and raise it?

Posted Image

#35 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,749 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (Richard @ Jul 18 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do Elves (Any any other Fey creatures) display any particular sesitivity to Iron?

It has to be cold iron forged in magical cold fire (which is blue in appearance, and summoned from Niflheim) in order for elves and other Fey to be sensitive to it. wink.gif

QUOTE (The Dude @ Jul 19 2009, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You said that humans don't know how to make enchanted weaponry, but how are they made, apart from lost by senile gods? Just wondering.

P.S When is Curse of Greed going to start? crying.gif

Some humans do know how, but only very few (wizards and mages, who are rare and frowned upon by most all civilized humans). Otherwise they are sometimes made by elves or dwarves that know how to enchant items with magic. Apart from that, they aren't "lost by senile gods" - if the gods create a magical weapon, they gift it to someone; a certain active and exceptionally loyal priest, for instance. They also created magical items to their most loyal followers during the Shifter war, most of which have been lost to time... they might be buried, locked away in some ancient temple, for example.

Well, apparently I may be getting a new from a moderator at some point... otherwise, sorry for the delay. sad.gif I know I'm terribly slow. I'm trying to lay everything down carefully (choices and consequences, mostly) so that I can actually finish this RP...

QUOTE (Orion @ Jul 19 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was wondering how far along is boating technology? Are they similar to the Greek/Roman Trireme?

It's more along the lines of medieval and late medieval gallies and galleons (but without cannons, of course).

QUOTE (Richard @ Jul 21 2009, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is the name of Eylfgard's equivalent to Athena, seeing as how Athens should not exist?

I do believe that Athens was named after Athena, not vice-versa. wink.gif In Wylfgard, Athena is named Athena.

QUOTE (fire-fox526 @ Jul 21 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would there be any chance that if a baby abandoned outside of an elf city, would they take it and raise it?

Most likely the elves would try to return it to the humans, possibly by abandoning it outside a human settlement. It's possible that the particular elf who found it might take sympathy on it, but most elves don't want to get involved in human affairs, and they know the child would not fit in and it would have a shorter lifespan than its parents.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#36 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (Captain James T. Kirk @ Jul 21 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most likely the elves would try to return it to the humans, possibly by abandoning it outside a human settlement. It's possible that the particular elf who found it might take sympathy on it, but most elves don't want to get involved in human affairs, and they know the child would not fit in and it would have a shorter lifespan than its parents.

Ok thanks I can see why.
and another question-
can a wizard bind magical energy in to a sword, ring, necklace etc. like any object?

Posted Image

#37 Hurki-Wan KenobLee

Hurki-Wan KenobLee

regular dudebro

• Nova Patron
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (fire-fox526 @ Jul 21 2009, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok thanks I can see why.
and another question-
can a wizard bind magical energy in to a sword, ring, necklace etc. like any object?

QUOTE (Werewolf @ 1 post previous to your question)
Some humans do know how, but only very few (wizards and mages, who are rare and frowned upon by most all civilized humans). Otherwise they are sometimes made by elves or dwarves that know how to enchant items with magic. Apart from that, they aren't "lost by senile gods" - if the gods create a magical weapon, they gift it to someone; a certain active and exceptionally loyal priest, for instance. They also created magical items to their most loyal followers during the Shifter war, most of which have been lost to time... they might be buried, locked away in some ancient temple, for example.

rsz_17103456_804341766390322_88650203142     rsz_17103583_210540556092434_55832859985     rsz_17155802_10212220403766592_217493358     

#38 Iron Corsair

Iron Corsair

Forever Alone

• 1,362 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:46 PM

Does the Empire use mercenaries with their own soldiers? So, for example, do soldiers sometimes send the mercenaries to do the dirty jobs, like be the first wave when assault a castle?

#39 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:49 AM

I've been a mythology nut ever since I could read.

Aaand another question.

Were there many threats to a king, Dukes, Lords etc., such as food posioning or assassins?

Posted Image

#40 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,749 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (Iron Corsair @ Jul 22 2009, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does the Empire use mercenaries with their own soldiers? So, for example, do soldiers sometimes send the mercenaries to do the dirty jobs, like be the first wave when assault a castle?

Yes, they sometimes do. wink.gif

QUOTE (fire-fox526 @ Jul 24 2009, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been a mythology nut ever since I could read.

Were there many threats to a king, Dukes, Lords etc., such as food posioning or assassins?

Agreed, and then some.

Yes, there's plenty of political intrigue in the Empire.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users