NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

LEGO: Tom vs. Kye in the Tower Dungeon

Wulfgard LEGO

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

• Webmaster
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:54 PM

POPULAR

A vignette based on a scene from my sister Maegan's upcoming novel Wulfgard: Knightfall, which we are publishing through Kickstarter. There is just over a week left in our Kickstarter project, so now's the time to back it if you were thinking about it! We've got a ton of cool rewards available.

Also, we're running a contest for Best Fantasy Action Scene - please take a look, and consider entering!

tower_dungeon_01.jpg

Sir Tom Drake battles Kye the demonic assassin in the Illikon tower dungeon, while an unconscious Magnhild is chained to the wall. A knight an an assassin have already fallen, and the floor is sticky with their blood...

tower_dungeon_02.jpg

I made some modifications to my decal designs just for this vignette: I added blood to the Knight-Paladin's tabard, made Magnhild's eyes closed, gave Tom an angry expression, and made a "dead" face decal for the beheaded assassin. I normally don't modify my minifigs' facial expressions for a particular build, but I thought it would be a nice touch.

tower_dungeon_03.jpg

I should note that Maegan (Maverick-Werewolf) helped design the decals for Tom and Kye, since they are her characters.

tower_dungeon_04.jpg

The flag in the background bears the golden gryphon symbol of Illikon.

tower_dungeon_05.jpg

Did I go overboard with the blood? I don't think so. :P

Again, please check out our Kickstarter Project and Contest!

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#2 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

Trust me, you went light with the blood. I love the decals and design of this build. I am still really surprised by the use of fleshies. I am curious to know how you nodded thw horns into Kye's hair; it looks spectacular!

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!

Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
8.jpg

gandalf-spin-o.gif

#3 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:45 PM

Are the Horns Custom?

#4 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,067 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:20 PM

Trust me, you went light with the blood. I love the decals and design of this build. I am still really surprised by the use of fleshies. I am curious to know how you nodded thw horns into Kye's hair; it looks spectacular!

Are the Horns Custom?

That was a co-op effort. :P Scorp chopped up the horns and we painted them, and then I glued them on with super glue gel. Had to press the horns to the hairpiece really hard. Glad you guys like them! :D

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#5 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:16 PM

That was a co-op effort. :P Scorp chopped up the horns and we painted them, and then I glued them on with super glue gel. Had to press the horns to the hairpiece really hard. Glad you guys like them! :D

Well, now that you've pointed that out, I obsessively stared at the hair until I could see the glue. Now the magic's ruined for me! :P

(Besides that, it looks awesomely dynamic :V )

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#6 Hurki-Wan KenobLee

Hurki-Wan KenobLee

regular dudebro

• Nova Patron
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:16 AM

Aaaah, see I would have machined holes into the hairpiece... Glue, good idea. A lot simpler. :P

Kye has always been my favorite since TTOW. Except for lye. Lye strikes my fancy. 

rsz_17103456_804341766390322_88650203142     rsz_17103583_210540556092434_55832859985     rsz_17155802_10212220403766592_217493358     

#7 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Patron
  • 925 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:12 AM

Dude! This is sweet! You and Wolfy did an awesome job! I love Tom's GRRRRR face, and ADORE Kye's violet eyes!

The construction of the model itself is awesome too! The floors look sleek, the walls sturdy... it's just a fantastic build! Great work all around!

RNGcoloredntouched%20-%20Copy_zpsy9qggiv

... keep your paper heart away from me.

#8 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

• Webmaster
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:47 PM

Aaaah, see I would have machined holes into the hairpiece... Glue, good idea. A lot simpler. :P

Kye has always been my favorite since TTOW. Except for lye. Lye strikes my fancy. 

I thought about drilling holes, but that probably would only have worked for the back pair anyway, since the front pair are cut short.

And wow, someone remembers Lye! :lol: He's still around, BTW. He'll be in the playing card deck. :D

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#9 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Self-Ejected
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:19 PM

oh my god you've gone to the flesh side :o

It's well built, and I especially like Kye's horns, although I feel like it could use a more high contrast lighting setup or (more ambitiously) a moodier color scheme. When it's all really evenly, brightly lit it kind of loses the dramatic touch. If you could just get that window to cast some shadows I almost feel like that alone would probably do the trick!

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#10 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:18 PM

Well, now that you've pointed that out, I obsessively stared at the hair until I could see the glue. Now the magic's ruined for me! :P

Now you're ruining it for other people! :D

#11 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Patron
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:23 PM

Those horns are wicked. This scene looks pretty awesome, however I agree with Dr. Dood von Long Display Name on the lighting setup.

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users