• Webmaster
  • 7,832 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

Hey.

Hey, guys.

Hey.

I got a thing in the mail just now:

dos2_01.jpg

Looks like it's from Deutschland! Let's see what it is...

dos2_02.jpg

!!!

dos2_03.jpg

Holy snap, y'all! This is by far the best Kickstarter backer box I've gotten so far. Beats even my signed Pillars of Eternity Big Box. Certainly blows Wasteland 2 and Torment's boxes out of the water. Includes:

• Amazing box with amazing art of the 4 main races, looking honestly better than they do in the game
  • Amazing box inside the box that opens into a sweet display for...
  • A kickass statue of Fane, complete with switchable mask/helmet and unmasked skull heads!
  • Two big full color hardback books of art and lore
  • cloth map of Rivellon
  • manual
  • metal Kickstarter backer limited edition number card

dos2_04.jpg

Here's the cloth map opened up and the other side of the boxes, plus Fane's alternate head.

dos2_06.jpg

Here is Maegan holding one of the books open to a page featuring a werewolf (!!!) for the Metamorph class. So how come there don't seem to be any werewolf abilities in the Metamorph tree in the game, despite this image and the symbol and the description? What gives, Larian??

dos2_05.jpg

My card. Jeez, I got one of the last copies... Is this because I asked them to change my shipping address at the last minute?

Anyway, awesome box for an awesome game. I posted some of my initial reactions to the gameplay in the "what are you currently playing?" thread - mostly nitpicks. My main complaint is that physical & magic armor make it so hard to use surfaces and spells to CC enemies efficiently like in D:OS1. I guess this (along with the relative lack of minion-summoning spells) was done to make combat more difficult, which is fine, but it does make it a little less fun, I have to say. But I'm starting to get the hang of it.

One tip for those braving the Tactician difficulty or higher: ALWAYS KILL. I'm starting to fully understand why Josh Sawyer removed all of the XP for kills from Pillars of Eternity, because hoo boy, this game really incentivizes you to go for the violent resolution to every conflict. I wandered into a Magister-infested fortress recently and had the opportunity to talk them into leaving, but I noticed I was awarded no XP for doing so. Soooo... I reloaded and murdered them all and got a level up. Someone really needs to balance that...

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#202 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,832 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

I fixed the female elves, lol: https://www.nexusmod...lsin2/mods/82/?

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#203 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 660 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:38 PM

Tis the season for steam sales, and I can't recommend these games enough.

http://store.steampo...ete_Collection/
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users