Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

Tactical Pants-Pooping Action.

#43 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

Also, I'm kinda disappointed that there's no sound suppressor for the USP in the Tanker chapter on HD Edition. There was in Substance but it's not in this version. :(

Also it's not worth collecting dogtags this time around because when you press the X button to point your gun he fires when you release. <_< It's not too much of a deterrent, but I'll just be screwed out of 80 gamerscore because I've hunted down ALL the dogtags before in my Xbox copy of Substance and that's no easy feat with a busted up control scheme on the 360. >:(

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#44 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,979 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

For reals? I knew they'd have a problem with that stuff because the 360 controller doesn't have pressure-sensitive buttons, but I figured they'd program around it somehow. So they just didn't do anything? How do you aim the AKS-74U, does it just start firing as soon as you bring it up?

I think I'm on board with MGS5, no matter what. I don't have any real investment in the story of Metal Gear anymore because it ended almost exactly the way I wanted it to in MGS4, but I'd still like to see a new game by Hideo Kojima because I like his brand of crazy. I was hoping he'd go and do something non-Metal-Gear-related, but there's no reason MGS5 should be related to the MGS universe we're familiar with (except for the number at the end). I like to think that Snake stopped any plans for world dominance through giant robots and AIs for a few decades at least through his actions in MGS4, so if MGS5 was set in the far flung future where the ball has started rolling again I think that'd be pretty cool. Starting up a new story too soon after Snake's death would make everything he ever did meaningless, but if it was fifty or a hundred years later it'd tie into Big Boss' zero-becoming-100 speech of everything starting anew and junk.

#45 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

I haven't tried MGS2 yet. Original Xbox version amirite?

ezgif-2-8ff8fb9d1c.gif

#46 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

if MGS5 was set in the far flung future where the ball has started rolling again I think that'd be pretty cool. Starting up a new story too soon after Snake's death would make everything he ever did meaningless, but if it was fifty or a hundred years later it'd tie into Big Boss' zero-becoming-100 speech of everything starting anew and junk.

Don't forget to account for the sheer amount of children in the game. Raiden and Rose's child, Little John. Olga's child, Sunny. Possibly Meryl and Johnny's future children (Baby Snake anyone? Yeah? Eh?) That's a squad right there. :P

giphy.gif

#47 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

For reals? I knew they'd have a problem with that stuff because the 360 controller doesn't have pressure-sensitive buttons, but I figured they'd program around it somehow. So they just didn't do anything? How do you aim the AKS-74U, does it just start firing as soon as you bring it up?

I think I'm on board with MGS5, no matter what. I don't have any real investment in the story of Metal Gear anymore because it ended almost exactly the way I wanted it to in MGS4, but I'd still like to see a new game by Hideo Kojima because I like his brand of crazy. I was hoping he'd go and do something non-Metal-Gear-related, but there's no reason MGS5 should be related to the MGS universe we're familiar with (except for the number at the end). I like to think that Snake stopped any plans for world dominance through giant robots and AIs for a few decades at least through his actions in MGS4, so if MGS5 was set in the far flung future where the ball has started rolling again I think that'd be pretty cool. Starting up a new story too soon after Snake's death would make everything he ever did meaningless, but if it was fifty or a hundred years later it'd tie into Big Boss' zero-becoming-100 speech of everything starting anew and junk.

I actually haven't tried it with assault rifles yet, I'm still barely beginning the Plant Chapter. :P But I can try it in VR Mode. :D

When you put it that way it makes sense and me excited for another MGS game. Like maybe the protagonist should be an adult Sunny, so it's like 20 years after MGS4 perhaps. So that way, in true Kojima-trolling fashion she can look like Olga and all of us freak out and speculate like crazy.

Yeah, that's the thing about MGS5. What else does Kojima have to say, who's the protagonist gonna be? Is there a new Metal Gear that's risen again?

I haven't tried MGS2 yet. Original Xbox version amirite?

what?

tqtEf64.gif

#48 Florent

Florent

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:28 AM

Live stream of the entire MGS series (Minus Peace Walker) for charity.

(STRONG LANGUAGE WARNING. But it's for a good cause. 'kay?)

For the charity "Toys for Tots", a charity devoted to giving toys to poor/disabled kids under the age of 12. (Though some exceptions for kids up to 16 years old)

ezgif-2-8ff8fb9d1c.gif

#49 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,979 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

Metal Gear Rising exists again, apparently, only now it has the worst/best subtitle in the history of everything:

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE

Here's the trailer on Gametrailers, or a crummier Youtube version here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjbnJE24oUA

It literally says "REVENGE WITH A VENGEANCE" but, more importantly, it just looks like the most laughably generic nu-metal garbage I've ever seen. There are hints of Metal Gear weirdness in there, and a guy who might be Vamp (lock of hair over his face, scar in the middle of his forehead, fighting Raiden), but there's this chugga chugga guitar throughout the whole things and a GRR I'M SO COOL I'M THE ANGEL OF DEATH DEEERP voiceover. Raiden's final line is "I THINK IT'S TIME FOR JACK TO LET'ER RIP!"

Because he's Jack the Ripper, get it?

If there was a hint that maybe they were being tongue-in-cheek about any of it I wouldn't be cringing so hard, but it really feels like they're completely serious about all of it and it's just blowing my mind. There's no director credit in the trailer, so nobody knows whether Kojima's doing it or that other guy who was doing it or someone else entirely. The gameplay looks really generically heavy-attacks/light-attacks, although who knows what it's going to be like to play.

EDIT - Well, it's still called Metal Gear so I still have the urge to pour over every frame of the trailer.

I didn't notice it the first time through but this game is 'Produced by Kojima Productions, Developed by Platinum Games'. Platinum. Games. If that doesn't mean anything to you, Platinum Games is the studio that made Vanquish and Bayonetta, and if that doesn't mean anything to you then you should play more excellent action games because those are the two best of the generation. And before they were Platinum Games they were Clover Studios, who made the Viewtiful Joe games, God Hand and Okami. These guys churn out lightning fast, ultra-tight action games by the fistful. A while ago there was a hopeful rumour that maybe Rising had been turned over to Hideki Kamiya, the game who made Devil May Cry and Bayonetta and pretty much the guy when it comes to these kinds of games. Well, Kamiya works at Platinum Games, and if he's involved with Rising in any way then Rising is going to be amazing.

#50 Florent

Florent

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

Oh god... oh god...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This is Metal Gear SOlid we're talking about! Not Devil May Cry! The older footage looked better than this crap.

ezgif-2-8ff8fb9d1c.gif

#51 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,979 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

Actually, seeing the Platinum Games logo on that trailer has me all turned around on this. It looks ridiculously stupid, and Revenge With A Vengeance is so bad I can't believe anyone could have honestly suggested it as a title with a straight face, but I could totally play an awesome action game where you trainfight Vamp and cross swords with a Metal Gear Ray. Here's some info from the official website:

Discover the new METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE trailer unveiled during American cable channel Spike’s 2011 Video Game Awards (VGAs)! Held at the end of every year, the VGAs are a celebration of world-class games. As the name suggests, the show recognizes the most outstanding gaming titles of the year, but it also serves as a venue for showing world premiere trailers of select anticipated titles. One of the highlights of this year's show was when Hideo Kojima took the stage to reveal this new trailer.

METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING’s E3 2010 trailer won numerous “Best Trailer” awards and drew praise worldwide. At the 2011 VGAs, the game re-emerged as METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE with an all-new trailer.
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE is being developed through a partnership with Platinum Games, known for hit titles like Bayonetta and Vanquish, and this new development structure promises to set all-new standards for the action genre.

The main character, Raiden, was once feared as the child soldier "Jack the Ripper" on the front lines of the First Liberian Civil War. Now, his combat mastery is channeled through a cyborg body as the strikes from his high-frequency blade slice even massive assault drones in two. Raiden is contracted for VIP protection, military training and other duties by PMSCs (Private Military and Security Companies) in a developing country piecing itself back together after a bloody civil war. Little does he know that the stage is set for a clash with an enigmatic force of countless cyborgs.

Reborn at the hands of Platinum Games, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE pits cyborg against cyborg in battle that blazes past every human limit!

METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING was a spin-off intended to feature the actions and transformation of Raiden, one of METAL GEAR SOLID 2: SONS OF LIBERTY’s main characters, in the lead-up to METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS.

However, after Platinum Games came on board, the story was changed to take place several years after METAL GEAR SOLID 4 to give them more of an opportunity to show off what they can bring to the series. Cyborgs are spreading at a rapid pace in the game’s world, resulting in earth-shattering superhuman action at every turn!

The original aim for a combination of stealth and action has also been enhanced, for a more aggressive new focus on pure, exhilarating action.

A Solid Collaboration Breeds a "Solidless" METAL GEAR

Naturally, Kojima Productions is still overseeing the game’s story and its world, and is also providing visual direction to ensure METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE retains the characteristic look of the METAL GEAR series. Though its exact identity is a step apart from the METAL GEAR SOLID games, the blood of the series still flows within this new METAL GEAR.
Kojima Productions and Platinum Games: Two world-class powerhouses among Japanese studios join forces to bring you METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE . What can we expect from this astounding combination? Keep your eyes on this site for more details!

I bolded the relevant information; Platinum Games changed the setting of the game so they could make it more ridiculous and over the top. That pretty much says "Yo, this game isn't canon, we're just going to go nuts with the cyborg ninja guy, k?" I'm pretty alright with that.

OK, so that's my fastest flip flop in a while. I'm totally on board with this now. REVENGE WITH A VENGEANCE! I can't wait for METAL GEAR RISING REVENGEANCE 2: THE AVENGING.

#52 Blade

Blade

Captain Moustache

• Nova Member
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

I don't know how to feel about this.

On the one hand, it looks utterly insane and over-the-top.

On the other hand, it looks utterly insane and over-the-top.

I'll probably get it just to throw a RAY through the air and run along it cutting it to pieces.

#53 Moonlight

Moonlight

Leave Luck To Heaven

• Nova Member
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

Uh. Well, in a sense, I'm really disappointed. It's pretty clear the game we're looking at right now is so not the same one we saw like a year ago. In almost every sense, it seems. And that kinda grinds my gears, because I was really looking forward to that game. I can't take REVENGEANCE seriously at all. It's like they plucked it from some forgotten eighties action film. The kind of film that deserves to be forgotten. And the sheer concept of two subtitles strikes me as completely inane.

Yet, I'm an unabashed Platinum Games fanboy, and they're still the best dudes in the industry right now when it comes to high velocity action games. I think Ocey's covered some of this ground already, but honestly Vanquish remains one of my favourite actioner in a long while. And I honestly can't help but think that Platinum's sheer style fits into the MGS universe really well. If I could trust anyone to deliver on that same kind of cross the line twice pinache as some of MGS4's action scenes, it'd definitely be Platinum. Kings of their realm, they be.

And it looks like a pretty fun time, all things considered. Completely ridiculous, but in that fun, really crazy Platinum kind of way. I really have to say that I'm looking forward to some of the setpieces. The whole production seems to run on speed, and that's pretty great. It's just a shame that I don't expect much else aside from being a sweet game. Platinum reigns over many realms, but story is not one of them. Vanquish got a free pass because of just how insane it was. It was like a singularity of meatmen, rough voices, AMERICAN SPIRIT and Space Russians that almost felt like it was mocking the whole idea of it. MGS, which for better or for worse, takes itself a lot less flippantly (well... generally). I'm kinda hoping that ol' Hideo is up for script writing, but I'm honestly not so sure. Kojima can definitely get schmaltzy at times, but the lunacy of the dialogue seemed uncharacteristic.

There's just one thing that really bugged me about it though, and that's the cutting. Maybe it's not so much specifically this game's problem, but by gum I could not get over it. You see Raiden slash, and his ultra-sharp sword sweeps through this regular old dude and just phases through, spraying blood yet the dude in question clearly hasn't been bisected. And lately, that's just been bugging me a whole lot. It's a lot more jarring when it turns to slow motion any direction you want cuts and Raiden's katana is somehow able to render a guy into only so much meat cubes, when just a second ago his sword was passing through the guy's body like it might as well not have been there. I don't wanna sound pretentious, and I'm obviously looking at the wrong game in terms of consistency, but it feels really... video gamey

tumblr_nk2f3wRCMa1si48w3o1_1280.png

#54 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,979 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

That's a problem pretty much as old as video games themselves, but I really thought they might fix it with Rising. Remember when the first Star Wars: The Force Unleashed game was announced and the developers were making a huge deal out of their amazing new physics engine that would make wood splinter and metal bend realistically, but then they showed some gameplay and the lightsabre would just phase straight through things ineffectually? As far as I know there has never been a video game sword that has ever cut things properly, it's always just a huge slash straight through a person that does no noticeable damage except making the enemy stagger and maybe some blood or sand flying out.

It seems like they might have been going for some real sword physics in the first build of Metal Gear Rising. As far as I can remember from that watermelon cutting trailer everything he cut would get properly cut. Now that Platinum Games is on board they seem to have ditched a lot of that in favour of a combat system that lets you hit guys enough times to build up combos, which is probably to the benefit of the gameplay but it's a shame about the cutting part. The way the sword only cuts through things sometimes makes it stand out so much more, though. If it always cut or never cut it'd be fine, but only slicing parts off when you're in crazy slow-mo mode is incredibly video-game-y.

I guess they could explain it away if they remembered that in MGS2 you could turn the sword around and hit people with the blunt end if you wanted to play non-lethally, but Revengeance doesn't exactly seem like the kind of game where you'd be shooting guys with a tranq pistol to get a Fox rank at the end of the game, y'know?

#55 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

I don't even. I knew Metal Gear Solid got ridiculous sometimes, but maaaaaaaan that game is taking it way too far.

xgd0s9.jpg

#56 Blade

Blade

Captain Moustache

• Nova Member
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:34 AM

Nabbed this from the TvTropes topic:

"Q: How did Platinum get involved with the game?

We made many different prototypes but could not finalize the design. Hideo Kojima gave his feedback and told us the development was not progressing well. After that he told us Platinum Games will be coming to develop the game.

We showed them what we had at this point and they said the same thing as Kojima said: "The game wasn't complete". They agreed to develop and finalize the game.

Here at Kojima Productions we do stealth like its nobody else's business. We have the best stealth games, whereas PG is on the opposite end of the spectrum. It felt like a really good combination.

Q: What has changed in Rising?

In previous Rising, we had two concepts. Action and Stealth, but we could not combine them in an effective way. The new Rising has a very simple concept: "Cutting things feels good".

I remember the old ways when we tried to combine stealth and action, it was really hard to combine those elements.

Q: How is the work divided between the two game studios?

Platinum Games is in charge of the whole game design. Kojima Productions is in charge of the story and the cutscenes.

We felt a really good synergy during this project. PG's games aren't just speedy, they are very fast developers themselves. The entire PG team has incredible amount of energy.

Q: Where is the story set in Rising?

We wanted development to have more freedom, so the story is now set after MGS 4. Some people got emotionally attached to the previous story, but this felt like a good choice.

The game design comes first. The story fits the game design.

Q: What is seen in the trailer?

The main meaning of the VGA trailer is to show what has changed in Rising. We have to show not only what Kojima Productions has put in it, but also what ideas and design Platinum has added.

We have cutscenes from Kojima Productions and gameplay scenes from Platinum.

Q: What happened to "Cut and Take" or "Zandatsu"?

Earlier we talked Zandatsu was supposed to be a main game concept in Rising. You can still do Zandatsu in new Rising, but it is not a main game concept.

The new main concept is cutting and how good it feels to cut. We wanted to emphasize it more.

Before you had to cut the enemy, aim for his weapon, zandatsu his weapon and go back to cutting. This hindered the cutting gameplay.

You don't have to Zandatsu, but you can do it.

Q: Who is directing the game?

I am unable to say who will be directing Rising, but it is not Hideki Kamiya.

Q: Why release in English first?

We started English voice overs ahead of Japanese. We are aiming the game for western audience. We want the western gamers to be happy and this is very important for us.

We want to make it clear that we are not copying games made in West. First of all, we make what we want to make. As we make it, we ask ourselves what we can do to make it more suited for western audience.

This is still a Japanese made game.

Q: Any final words for fans?

This game has a Metal Gear title. It is a Metal Gear game, but it is a completely different Metal Gear experience.

We are still right in the middle of development, please wait until we complete it"

Source.

#57 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,979 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

They're pretty open about this being straight up Metal Gear May Cry, huh? The original purpose of Rising was presumably to tell the tale of how Raiden lost his body and became a Cyborg Ninja between the events of MGS2 and MGS4, but changing the setting to post-MGS4 seems like the Platinum guys just weren't interested in making this game fit in with the rest of the Metal Gear fiction.

I actually really like that interview. Most of these things are so filled with PR nonsense that they barely say anything. "We're aiming for a visceral, dynamic experience, and we hope to leverage social media to further exploit our branding," etc. This guy's pretty much saying "Well, we took out all the slow parts because we felt there wasn't enough dude-cutting, and then we changed the setting because there weren't enough dudes to cut in the original timeline, and then we ditched that weird Zandatsu thing because we felt it was just time wasted where you couldn't cut dudes". It seems like the best way to think about it is that the MG Rising we knew did get cancelled, and now a completely unrelated game has been announced that looks like it could be pretty cool and also happens to have Raiden and a Metal Gear Ray in it.

#58 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yfr_Zj1iU4

I actually really like that interview. Most of these things are so filled with PR nonsense that they barely say anything. "We're aiming for a visceral, dynamic experience, and we hope to leverage social media to further exploit our branding," etc. This guy's pretty much saying "Well, we took out all the slow parts because we felt there wasn't enough dude-cutting, and then we changed the setting because there weren't enough dudes to cut in the original timeline, and then we ditched that weird Zandatsu thing because we felt it was just time wasted where you couldn't cut dudes". It seems like the best way to think about it is that the MG Rising we knew did get cancelled, and now a completely unrelated game has been announced that looks like it could be pretty cool and also happens to have Raiden and a Metal Gear Ray in it.

EFF YOU PLATINUM GAMES. Seriously. God this is the stupidest thing I've seen EVER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65Hbl9J3zlM

Yeah I played Bayonetta and Vanquish, great games on their own. But this IS NOT what Rising should have been or should be, this doesn't look like it's going to explain jack squat about Raiden. It's honestly the biggest middle finger to the MGS fanbase since, ironically, the introduction of Raiden himself. You didn't think you could betray MGS fans anymore could you? Well, you did it. Rest assure this is going to be one MGS game I won't be picking up. Ever.

Edited by Michaelangelo, 11 December 2011 - 10:24 AM.

tqtEf64.gif

#59 Blade

Blade

Captain Moustache

• Nova Member
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:05 AM

As one would have it, Michelangelo's wisdom has already expressed all I could say.

#60 Kasab

Kasab

It is pitch black.

• Banned
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:21 AM

Posted Image
You know, guys. I'm disappointed.

You shouldn't hate Revengeance. Firstly because Revengeance hasn't murdered your family, stepped on your rose garden, defecated through your letter box and dated your girlfriend, charging their hotel rendezvous to your MasterCard- and secondly because it's called REVENGEANCE.
That's Revenge + Vengeance ------> REVENGEANCE + Kidney Failiure

There's also some really good, sensible reasons as to why this could turn out brilliant and why you're all overreacting. Let me order them numerically with prime numbers, because prime numbers are cool.

2. If anyone should be making insane ultra cuh-razy action games, it should be Platinum. They've got a long and glorious history of excellence in which classics like Mad World and Devil May Cry 3 are little more than footnotes compared to the sheer glorious carnage of Vanquish and Bayonetta. Because come on, Bayonetta was a game so ridiculously frenetic that the cutscenes existed not to tell a story, but to let you catch your breath and recover from the third degree burns and cardiac arrest you were now undergoing.
This is what Vanquish looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suqXz_8Xazw

I'll leave you a minute to pick your limbs up off the floor.

See what I mean? Complaining that Platinum Games are making an extreme action game is like complaining that Joss Whedon is writing Firefly. You're insane if you think getting these guys to helm a project like this is a bad thing. No-one else makes the same level of intricate, nuanced, and thrilling action games in the entire industry.
Platinum know what they're doing, and if anyone should oversee the silly high-heeled sushi-chef thunder god's own game, it should be them.
With brings me to my next point-

3. This is no different to regular Metal Gear, thematically.
Ever since MGS1, this series has been getting absolutely frog-playing-a-banjo-on-the-underside-of-Apollo-13-as-it-cruises-through-the-third-dimension MAD.
The Twin Snakes had Snake run alongside a missile. MGS2 has some guy with fire coming out of his feet slide alongside a floor with a big black mantle on his shoulders and take down waves of giant mecha things with a P90 despite the fact that a god of thunder has been hammering them with a pile of stinger missiles to no avail. MGS3 has- well, let's not even try and count. Sadist who commands lightning? Lass with an ample busom who spends the entire game flashing her lady parts to all, even in heated gunfights? Said lass kicking some guy with the wheel of her motorbike? A guy who makes a tommygun out of LIVING BEES? A guy who spins his revolvers around his fingers for 1:20 in the uncut version of the game?
I could stop here, but we still have MGS4 to cover and that'll take us all day.
But you get the idea, right? MGS is absolutely loony. MGS4 sees a limbless Raiden cut down waves of mooks WITH A SWORD BETWEEN HIS TEETH. I don't care how straight faced it is or how it's really a metaphor for Hideo's view of the game industry, MGS is inherently insane. I know half of you hate the way Kojima tackles this stuff, so why not let people who make games like this for a living do it instead? What you're worried it'll ruin your serious and philosophical Metal Geeeeeaaaaaaar? Yeah, serious and philosophical like The British Empire is still a world superpower.

5. None of you even care about Platinum or revenging avengeance anyway.
This is just fear of change and you know it.
("WAAAAAAGH, SOME GUY IS TAKING CHARGE OF MY FAVOURITE SERIES. IT'LL SUUUUUUUUCK!"
The guy who was in charge of it previously didn't do a good job either, honestly. MGS Rising was little more than a demo. It was barely a game when it was shown off at E3 2010, and there's evidence to show it never would be.
So really, you're angry at Platinum games for stepping in at saving a game the previous guys couldn't finish?)

Anyway, I'm digressing. This is all just doe-eyed nostalgia and a fear that someone else is going to ruin your favourite series because they're not Hideo Kojima. Give Platinum a chance- they haven't made a bad game yet, and the level of talent in their studio is unbelievable. You're afraid of change, just like you were when Dante got a makeover. But at least Dante's makeover deserved some of the hate it was getting- it infringed the original design documents and personality for the character. It's not like what you've seen of MGS Revengeance Rising Origins is too outlandish to be called MGS- By MGS4, you could play through the game as a straight shooter. And now I'm supposed to believe that these guys with a perfect track record who have stooped in and saved your game from development hell are going to destroy a great series for... staying true to the theme and tone of the series and doing what they do best? Wha-? Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds?

You're stubborn. You're seeing this game through nostalgia tinted sunglasses, and your vision isn't augmented.

Edited by Harrow, 19 December 2011 - 03:23 AM.

Psst. I no longer come here anymore.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Metal Gear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users