The Video Game News Thread

• Please log in to reply
7584 replies to this topic

#41 Tyrannical Tim

Tyrannical Tim

SCREW ALL YA'LL IT I'M OUT YO

• 1,070 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:18 AM

So, if someone does a mission in the MMO, someone get's to physically play that in the FPS?

No, you don't do their missions. It's more like, "Hey. You. FPS guys. There's this guy I don't like, go shoot his stuff or his guys. I pay monies."
RIP Brave Members of the 2/29/12 bombing.
Posted Image

#42 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• 3,861 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

Gears of War 3 today. There is only one word to describe: Preposterone.

#43 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:12 AM

In a good way or bad way?

giphy.gif

#44 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:23 AM

So, if someone does a mission in the MMO, someone get's to physically play that in the FPS?

Yes and no, you're being hired to work for them on whatever.
Old timer

#45 Moonlight

Moonlight

Leave Luck To Heaven

• Nova Member
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:06 AM

I wasn't sure whether or not this deserved it's own thread, so I'll just post this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odfrLHg6YL0

So, guys. Ni no Kuni. Studio Ghibli meets video games. This game is, quite frankly, gorgeous. I'm willing to put forward this is the prettiest game that I have ever seen, and I will fight whoever says otherwise. Seriously, this is Studio Ghibli mixed with Level 5. Studio Ghibli. This bears repeating. I actually hadn't heard much about this game prior to TGS 2011, aside from well... Studio Ghibli collaborating with Level 5 to make a game. But when I saw a couple of gameplay pictures I could have seriously sworn that these were just screencaps of an actual Ghibli movie. But the game just looks so much better in motion, it's unbelievable. Just check this out. The game is without a doubt, beautiful. I just cannot get over how good this game looks. Never before have I seen a game that has managed to capture the sort of painting-like art direction so brilliantly. However, I'm probably going to lose some of you folks at the fact it's a JRPG. And no matter how pretty it is and how redonkulously amazing the character and enemy design is, you won't enjoy it. Which is totally fine, but holy crap do I need this game.

tumblr_nk2f3wRCMa1si48w3o1_1280.png

#46 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:15 AM

So yeah, Soul Calibur Vgot its website up and got a few character sheets up (Mostly on their Facebook page.) I haven't delved into the characters much, but apparently Sophia is dead (The blonde Greek chick with the sword and shield) which really blows, Ivy looks closer to her SC3 variant, Azoth looks pretty badass, and the new characters look really lame. On that note one of them is Sophia's daughter and she literally has the same lines and fighting style.

I've got this huge 'Not sure if want' vibe off of it. It kinda revolves around the character customization for me, so I'll wait for info on that.

nY1rpGl.gif

#47 Kikayoaka

Kikayoaka

There must be some way out of here

• Banned
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:18 AM

It's Sophitia.

#48 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:30 PM

I don't really have any news, but based on the recent happenings in the Call of Duty franchise (okay, I have been getting into it slightly), I have a slight... hypothesis.

So, after each Modern Warfare game there's been another game produced by Treyarch a year later, right? There's only been two, World at War, and Black Ops. I'm noticing Halo is doing something similar, with a major release (Such as Halo 3 and Reach), and a year or so later a smaller game comes that still has high value (respectively to each game, ODST and Anniversary), but that's beside the point. What I'm suggesting is a cycle that games are going in, so when we look at the Call of Duty franchise, what can we expect after Modern Warfare 3?

...You guys remember about a year or so back when there were those rumors flying around about CoD in space? Well, it seems we've got something like that already, with the new Rezurrection zombie pack. I'm not too sure about all of the gameplay, but I know they're playing around with stuff like low gravity, and I think you have to put on a helmet when you leave an oxygen filled area. What I'm proposing is that this could be an experiment to see what kind of gameplay CoD in space would be like (note that the rest of this is just what I'd like to see if they are indeed doing something like that). I think it'd be a great idea, with tons of gameplay potential, putting a new twist on the same old boring sprint, knife, shoot, killstreak gameplay. Throw in a little bit of zero-g combat a la Shattered Horizon, and a fun but realistic story about a war in space, which could even branch off of the Modern Warfare arc slightly. I could see a newer sort of survival mode that combines Zombies and the new Survival, and replacing all the bad guys with aliens or something.

That's just my theory on where it's headed. I could dig it.

xgd0s9.jpg

#49 Tyrannical Tim

Tyrannical Tim

SCREW ALL YA'LL IT I'M OUT YO

• 1,070 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

Since the topic for this is dead, I'll just post this here.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY. MOMMY, I'LL TAKE 5.
RIP Brave Members of the 2/29/12 bombing.
Posted Image

#50 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

and a fun but realistic story about a war in space

Posted Image

Though to be honest a zero-g space shooter would be pretty great (And with a rather refreshing multiplayer given the recent CoD installments). I've never liked the MWF story-lines but if you add "In space" to them they seem a lot more plausible since they're going off of the modern track. But yeah, I'd say your hypo is pretty solid considering the space rumors and the very beta-like moon-base in the new zombies pack.

Since the topic for this is dead, I'll just post this here.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY. MOMMY, I'LL TAKE 5.

> $15 a month

Yep, time for a part-time job. I know the monthly thing isn't anything new to you staunch MMOers but I haven't delved into one that wasn't free so pardon my whining. >.>

nY1rpGl.gif

#51 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:04 PM

I'd rather play Guild Wars 2 instead of TOR since it will be free, looks better in terms of gameplay and art style, and just have an overall better feel to it.
Old timer

#52 Kikayoaka

Kikayoaka

There must be some way out of here

• Banned
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

That and let's be honest it'll prolly just be a crappy WoW clone, just like every other MMORPG that's ever been hyped up the butt. I myself am waiting on Dark Millennium Online, at least if I play a WoW clone it'll be in the super sweet 40k universe.

#53 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:18 AM

While I'm more for Guild Wars 2, that's hardly an enlightened statement; according to the numerous Beta reviews, it's anything but a WoW clone.

Speaking of Guild Wars 2, I haven't played the first but the second looks pretty cool. Obviously the no monthly fees is what's really caught my attention but the environments look pretty great. I'm getting a WoW-clone feel off of it but at least it looks better imo.

nY1rpGl.gif

#54 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:03 AM

Posted Image

Well, I mean, no aliens or anything, and in the solar system. Like how Battlefield 2142 had a level of realism, you know?

xgd0s9.jpg

#55 Princess Bacon

Princess Bacon

burn the internet

• Nova Member
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

Gun Game confirmed in CS:GO.

Well, maybe an official gun game mode and that "casual mode" they spoke of earlier that seemed to make the game actually fun will make CS:GO worth buying.

#56 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:55 PM

I love that they're gonna work with the people who created the mod. Prop Hunt anyone? :lol:

giphy.gif

#57 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

http://www.1up.com/n...per-going-court

Bethesda is taking Mojang to court clearly because they've copyrighted the word "scrolls" and also the existence of mountains in video games.

xgd0s9.jpg

#58 Freedom

Freedom

For now, still breathing.

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:39 AM

Lookie here!

Deus Ex Deja Vu anybody? :P Although I might've actually said that, I read somewhere about this game, and the gameplay seems interesting enough. So basically, it's a cyberpunk game - based on an old game of the same name made back in the '90s, where various powerful corporations 'augment' (I used the word for a reason) the buyer by giving them these chips, which enable them to do a wide degree of things I'm not even sure you can do with just a lil' 'chip.' The companies pretty much control the entire world, in this way. Anyways, you step into the shoes of another hero with a forgettable name, who works for EuroCorp (So I'm hoping he's a kickbutt German or Russian), and he's been given the new DART6 (or something like that) chip, which is much better than the standard civilian ones you'll be encountering. It gives him the ability to hack into software, electronics, and even other people's chips (which is shown how deadly that possibility really is), etc. Although I'm fairly certain story won't be its strong point, it serves as a fairly intriguing time killer, right? And sure, I mocked it a bit and stuff, but that doesn't mean I'm not excited for a game such as Syndicate (which is what it's called, in case I didn't mention that). It's not as cliche as other games, and with time, I'm sure deserves another look.
Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

#59 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:01 AM

If only for gameplay purposes, that actually looks really cool. I'd expect it to have a good multiplayer component, but campaign would probably be too reminiscent of Deus Ex.

xgd0s9.jpg

#60 Freeloh

Freeloh

Good thing the Restoration made this tech so easy to use!

• 256 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:46 AM

[From June, but I just found it now]
Step aside, other FPSes! We have a new Rainbow Six game coming, and from what we know, it's looking amazing. I loved Vegas 2 (I still play it regularly) and have been waiting for a new one for too long. The morality is a huge innovation for shooters in general, and the replay value will skyrocket because of it. The graphics in the pictures look great, and the innovations will be great to Ubisoft's already good for Ubisoft's Rainbow Sixes' tactical FPS design.

tl;dr
First day purchase.
Posted Image
Click the image to see my art topic!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users