Uncharted

• Please log in to reply
937 replies to this topic

#21 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,764 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

EDIT: Speaking of the trailer, have any of you guys watched it today?

Hmm, don't mind if I do.

There's a bit at 1:16 or so where Nate is sprinting through the narrow alleyways in that desert city that looks like a really chase sequence in the game, but it also reminds me of the leaked footage of Beyond Good & Evil 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVwTrjwautQ

Specifically the parts near the end where Jade is running up stairs and pushing off walls. I've always thought that footage looked absolutely amazing, like the BG&E that I love mixed with some Mirror's Edge brilliance, and now it gets to be in Uncharted too! Is it November yet?

#22 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:26 AM

Hey, fellow Uncharted fans, anyone up for some games? I finished my Biology Exam today, and I want to celebrate a little! :D

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#23 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Nova Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:50 AM

COMING ONLINE NAO!

SKYPE FOOS!

I host the SSLF Minecraft Server. Head on over to Red Base to get added to the whitelist. If you would like to help out with paying the hosting bills, please do donate.

Also, have you considered becoming a Nova Member?

#24 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,833 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:49 AM

Wish I could join you guys, but I'm smothered in work right now that needs doing.

Maybe if I claw my way to the surface, I'll try to unpack the PS3 and join.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#25 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:12 AM

Sorry for vanishing outta that game, guys, but my PS3 froze (again) and I think it needs a break. We were getting pretty stomped, too, so I figured I'd get while the going was good. :P

Speaking of which, was one of the guys in that last game a Naughty Dog employee? I'm pretty sure he was playing as Eddy or one of the pirates...

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#26 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

Speaking of which, was one of the guys in that last game a Naughty Dog employee? I'm pretty sure he was playing as Eddy or one of the pirates...

He was only a ND employee if he was one of Eddy's pirates with the Naughty Dog logo on his chest. One of Eddy's pirates ("Prakoso") and Eddy himself were both made available in DLC.

Also the Dogs always have red paws beside their names where people rank 60 and higher have their rank beside their name tags in-game.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#27 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:48 AM

He was only a ND employee if he was one of Eddy's pirates with the Naughty Dog logo on his chest. One of Eddy's pirates ("Prakoso") and Eddy himself were both made available in DLC.

Also the Dogs always have red paws beside their names where people rank 60 and higher have their rank beside their name tags in-game.

...Dangit. Now I have to get the DLC so I can play as Eddy. Curse you, Naughty Dog! Stealing money from me! :P

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#28 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

Weird, I've never seen an Eddy online. You'd think because he's such a popular character I would have seen him around. :huh:

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#29 Fate

Fate

• Nova Member
  • 697 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:31 AM

Ugh, sorry you guys. I played a game where I died thirteen times and had like 3 kills, and then played a game where I had to kill you, and then I had to leave. :mellow: Not a very successful evening with Uncharted, I must say. Oh well, it was still a good time.

#30 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,833 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:58 AM

Good games, guys. :D

Although, Hawk and Squirrel, you guys really tested Wolfy there. I mean, in any other game you might have been able to get away with stunts like that, but Uncharted? In an online match? While she was on a big killing streak? You're lucky you failed so miserably to TK her. Seriously... very, very lucky. :ph34r:

Good thing Grommy dragged her and Harry into some co-op games there at the end to help her simmer down...

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#31 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

Although, Hawk and Squirrel, you guys really tested Wolfy there. I mean, in any other game you might have been able to get away with stunts like that, but Uncharted? In an online match? While she was on a big killing streak? You're lucky you failed so miserably to TK her. Seriously... very, very lucky. :ph34r:

Good thing Grommy dragged her and Harry into some co-op games there at the end to help her simmer down...

Yeah, this pretty much sums things up. Don't have anything to add, really.

Too bad it totally didn't work, though. The co-op games, I mean. Our internet connection was being so screwy that every time we got going at all it'd kick us out. :(

We'll have to try co-op again, Grommy. I'm sorry about that. It's never happened before...

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#32 Hawk

Hawk

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

It was squirrel's idea. I blame his Britishness. :D

Posted Image

#33 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Nova Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:53 PM

Heh, we weren't taking ourselves that seriously last night! :P

I host the SSLF Minecraft Server. Head on over to Red Base to get added to the whitelist. If you would like to help out with paying the hosting bills, please do donate.

Also, have you considered becoming a Nova Member?

#34 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

Anyone up for some Uncharted? I'm feeling quite bored right now and shooting things may get me in the script-writing mood again.

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#35 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:39 AM

So sorry I had to bail on you guys! :( Really, really sorry about that...

Good games, though. Even if we did do pretty awful on the Sanctuary, it was still fun. :P If my headache hadn't been screwing up my mental facilities, I think I could've done a lot better. My head felt like it was going to split in half at any moment the whole time we were playing. :/

But yeah. Good games.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#36 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,176 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:30 AM

Now that's a thing of beauty. Kinda like Joss Whedon meets Uncharted. Just minus the actual Joss Whedon.

lWZ8e6F.png

#37 Semiautomagic

Semiautomagic

Truth is singular, its "versions" are mistruths.

• 609 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:49 AM

Why didn't they just title that article: "Sully's Going To Die" and stop being so coy?

robin-car-dance-o.gif
Semiautomagical Writings:

Don't Bring Grenades to School

#38 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,176 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

'Cause it might be Elena? :P

lWZ8e6F.png

#39 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,833 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

Now that's a thing of beauty. Kinda like Joss Whedon meets Uncharted. Just minus the actual Joss Whedon.

A thing of beauty? It's terrible! I've never liked the idea that killing beloved characters = great writing...

It seems painfully obvious that Sully will be the one to bite it in Uncharted 3, so I hope that ND will dash everyone's expectations by making that not happen. But what's the alternative? Kill Chloe or Elena? Jeez, any of those would be a downer. I like these games mostly upbeat adventure stories, thank you very much. <_<

EDIT: Yeah, I'm pretty much making Wolfy's post for her. :P

-Scorp

#40 Hawk

Hawk

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

I actually think that this is a good sign. Oh sure, I love Sully (and I agree that he seems the most likely to die), but character deaths have never annoyed me if they are done well. Now, if they aren't then the writers can burn in the fiery depths of my hatred, but with a proper send-off I will be more forgiving if it adds to the story. Besides, having a character die is often a sign that the series wants to move on with its narrative and try something new. I know that one of my favorite shows called Dexter was never the same after one such death and it brought new ideas into a series that was starting to get stagnant. I mean, does anyone here want to see the same plot and characters over and over while knowing that the characters are never in any real danger because the fans love them too much? It happens with comics.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Uncharted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users