• Please log in to reply
3746 replies to this topic

#41 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,832 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:07 AM

Wow, that new Normandy really does look like a downgrade. Why's it so randomly-colored? It looks like someone took the pieces of the old Normandy and tried to patch it back together without the original plans. I wouldn't have minded a slightly-upgraded looking version, but nothing about that one looks like an improvement.

Also, everything Ocelot said. I loved the Mako and it makes me :sadface: to think they're taking it out. Although I, personally, turned off my film-grain. But to each his own.

And yes, one reason I'm looking forward to the sequel is the opportunity to see more reavers. Sovereign really was awesome. The voice? The awesome theme music (very evocative of the Baldur's Gate theme in places)? The way he just ignores the other ships and rams right through them? I let him destroy that utterly silly manta-ray ship full of tentacle-headed women just to watch him blow it up. reallyevil.gif

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#42 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

Truth be told, I was never really into the Mako. I died a lot. Damnable worms sad.gif

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#43 Chewbacca the Pimp

Chewbacca the Pimp

Look at my hat, Reginald!

• 616 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

Anyone looking for new Mass Effect 2 videos? BAM, said the lady!

#44 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:12 AM

Good golly Miss Molly if I ever get my hands on ME2, I should never want for anything ever again.

True, I liked the SR1 better, and I haven't even played the game yet, but the game seriously looks like a rompin' good time. I can hardly wait.

#45 Evil Eye Guy

Evil Eye Guy

Too legit to quit

• 1,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (880_ZERO @ Nov 11 2009, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They never had any space ships, though. And when the turians fought the krogans on their home planet, the tribes weren't as sophisticated. Other than having weapons, they didn't have much else to defend themselves with.

Ya they did, otherwise they couldn't have invaded the neighboring colonies.

In a world built sky-scraper over slum; the city is about to go UNDER

|D i v i s i o N|

A Cyberpunk Text-Adventure

#46 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Evil Eye Guy @ Nov 14 2009, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya they did, otherwise they couldn't have invaded the neighboring colonies.

Meh, krogans are overrated

Did anyone see the machine pistol/smg that looked like a shotgun in the Vanguard playthrough video?
Old timer

#47 Moonlight

Moonlight

Leave Luck To Heaven

• Nova Member
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:59 PM

Screw the pistol/smg/shotgun thing, did anyone not see the new Charge ability?
Now I'm left wondering whether it's Vanguard exclusive (because it sounds like it), because if so, then playing a Vanguard immediately just way cooler.

tumblr_nk2f3wRCMa1si48w3o1_1280.png

#48 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:04 PM

Well I'm sure its just Biotic exclusive. Having a biotic ability exclusive to a class thats half biotic is silly.

Anyways, I wonder what Shepard meant when he was talking to the Illusive Man about being "asleep." Haven't been checking up on the website for a while, so IDK if this was covered or not.
Old timer

#49 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,832 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:08 AM

I rarely ever look at preview videos to a game I'm looking forward to; it seems like it just dilutes the experience. Still, I'm glad I did. I actually like that salarian doctor guy better than any of the other characters they've introduced so far, which is scary because I hate salarians.

QUOTE (Chewbacca the Pimp @ Nov 14 2009, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone looking for new Mass Effect 2 videos? BAM, said the lady!

Okay, the video was cool, but why was it preceded by a scary ad for condoms? Nevermind.

Wow, they've really made the gameplay seem more... dynamic. It's nice to see something I already liked made even better. BioWare seems to be working hard on this - Dragon Age has some of the most visceral combat I've seen in an RPG of its type. Most of the time you just stand there swinging your sword in the general direction of a foe and damage numbers appear, but in DA you block, stab, cut off heads, run up the backs of enemy ogres and stab them in the neck. It's like God of War, but with an actual game involved and a less retarded storyline. And in Mass Effect, the way the enemies have a more dynamic physics engine just changes the whole look of combat. I never realized how much it bothered me that enemies just kind of stood there and accepted bullet hits in the first ME.

As for the new powers and stuff, well, that's cool... but I never play a biotic as my main character (it's just not me) so I hope they have some cool stuff for Infiltrators too.

QUOTE (Zero)
Well I'm sure its just Biotic exclusive. Having a biotic ability exclusive to a class thats half biotic is silly.

Maybe. On the other hand, it's kind of cool. Also, think about this: whereas a pure biotic is not very strong and physical, a biotic/soldier gains enough physical constitution to do something like charge an enemy and slam into him. See? biggrin.gif

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#50 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• 3,859 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:31 AM

All I want from this game is more interesting side quests and underground bunkers that don't all look the same with different variable scenery. I did every mission in the game on my Hardcore play-through, but I could never bring myself to do as much on subsequent play-throughs because it got so repetitive.

#51 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (Darth_Phaedrus @ Nov 15 2009, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I want from this game is more interesting side quests and underground bunkers that don't all look the same with different variable scenery. I did every mission in the game on my Hardcore play-through, but I could never bring myself to do as much on subsequent play-throughs because it got so repetitive.

I don't even see how you could have possibly done all of them once. I did 3 or 4 sidequests and decided that I had seen everything that there was to gain from them. They should have taken 3 or 4 years off between ME1 and 2 just to develop awesome sidequest missions.

Posted Image

#52 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (Saber-Scorpion @ Nov 15 2009, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe. On the other hand, it's kind of cool. Also, think about this: whereas a pure biotic is not very strong and physical, a biotic/soldier gains enough physical constitution to do something like charge an enemy and slam into him. See? biggrin.gif

That would be cool. But then how would the same thing work for Engineers?

QUOTE (Sir_Muffonious @ Nov 15 2009, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't even see how you could have possibly done all of them once. I did 3 or 4 sidequests and decided that I had seen everything that there was to gain from them. They should have taken 3 or 4 years off between ME1 and 2 just to develop awesome sidequest missions.

Well you don't know what they've done. For all you know, EVERYTHING could be dynamic.
Old timer

#53 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,761 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (Moonlight @ Nov 15 2009, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Screw the pistol/smg/shotgun thing, did anyone not see the new Charge ability?
Now I'm left wondering whether it's Vanguard exclusive (because it sounds like it), because if so, then playing a Vanguard immediately just way cooler.

Vanguard was already the Robert Downey Jr. of Mass Effect classes, how could it be any cooler? The majority of the battles I fought in Mass Effect were a simple matter of Lift + Shotgun. Space Clay Pigeons. At the end of the game I had my Spectre Shotgun equipped with Frictionless Materials and a Scram Rail, which meant it dealt preposterous damage and never ever overheated. When the lead started to fly it was like being encased within my own personal field of flak.
QUOTE (Saber-Scorpion @ Nov 14 2009, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although I, personally, turned off my film-grain. But to each his own.

I turn on film grain filters whenever I get them, but I think Mass Effect is a gorgeous game regardless. The grain filter gives it a grungey, Bladerunner-esque vibe, whereas the clean look (combined with the overactive lens flare) reminds me of the new Star Trek. Either way I likes it.

#54 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:37 AM

And another action star with a classic chin...
****BRUCE “CAMPBELL” SHEPARD****

Facial Structure:
Facial structure - 4
skin tone - 3
complexion - 1
scar - 6

Head:
neck thickness - 5
face size - 14
cheek width - 24
cheek bones - 20
cheek gaunt -12
ear size - 10
ear orientation - 10

Eyes:
eye shape - 0
eye height - 12
eye width - 25
eye depth - 18
brow depth - 21
brow height - 0
iris color - 9

Jaw:
chin height - FULL RIGHT
chin depth - FULL RIGHT - Come on, we are talking about *THE* chin here folks
chin width - 15
jaw width -12

Mouth:
mouth shape - 6
mouth depth - 27
mouth width - 25
mouth lip size - 0
mouth height - 21

Nose:
nose shape - 1
nose height - 0
nose depth - Full Right

Hair:
beard - 7
brow - Full Right
hair - 1
hair color - Full Right
facial hair - 4

Add some scram rails and sledgehammer rounds to your shotgun and start showing those Geth your boomstick

"Hail to the king baby"

I am so totally doing this for my ME1 character.

Edited by 880_ZERO, 22 November 2009 - 06:38 AM.

Old timer

#55 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:12 AM

Where did you find this? Is there some sort of site that compiles character specs?

#56 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:04 PM

The Mass Effect forums have a gaint list of celeb look alikes. I was originally going to do Harrison Ford, but Bruce Campbell, sad to say, is the man.
Old timer

#57 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (880_ZERO @ Nov 22 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Mass Effect forums have a gaint list of celeb look alikes. I was originally going to do Harrison Ford, but Bruce Campbell, sad to say, is the man.

Link. Naow.

#58 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (Ruthless Xero @ Nov 22 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Link. Naow.

Here you go. Have fun.

Edited by 880_ZERO, 22 November 2009 - 01:31 PM.

Old timer

#59 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

None of those hold a candlestick to my Duke 'Nukem' Shepherd.

#60 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:45 PM

Looks like I'll have to give a Michael Biehn Shepard try myself, then.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mass Effect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users