3746 replies to this topic

#21 Moonlight

Moonlight

Leave Luck To Heaven

• Nova Member
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Ocelot @ Nov 6 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't you say that! YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE! The Normandy is not destroyed, it's perfectly fine, and it always will be. Nothing can destroy the Normandy.

I know, the Normandy is by far one of the coolest spaceships ever... but, you saw it. I saw it. The Normandy being chased down and destroyed by some larger ship (which I'm beginning to suspect is the ubiquitous Collector ship the Enemies dev diary was talking about).
Of course, unless it's all a clever ploy involving mirrors and/or holograms and the real Normandy has it's stealth systems active and waiting for the right moment to strike, while the ship is unaware.

And why Grunt? I mean, unless he's voiced by Adam Baldwin. Which would be the deciding factor in whether or not I insert him into my party, because right now he's managed to achieve reaching a level of bland that could only be matched by Kaiden. I saw Adam Baldwin in an ME2 shirt, so there must be a connection. I seriously hope that a character that's voiced by Baldwin is in the game and your ally, because then the Chuck-stravaganza can really start rolling (And if Zachary Levi is in there, then it just goes turbo). And 'Chuck Shepard' would be a bit strange, seeing as his full name is Charles. Technicalities, really.

tumblr_nk2f3wRCMa1si48w3o1_1280.png

#22 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (880_ZERO @ Nov 6 2009, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But it happens man. Been confirmed as an ending.

And if there is ever ME 3 you play as 'a' Shepard, not 'your' Shepard if that ever happened, thank god for more then one playthrough.

Anyone know how Legion got that giant hole through his torso? Did someone like rip something out of him or was he shot, you'd think fixing the gaping hole would be better other then incorporate some of Shepards armour into its body.

I'm fine though if he is a party member although I don't know how that would work out between Tali, all Quarians despise the Geth.

What if Rise Had an RTS Game Based Off It for its many factions? Ideas Here:
Rise and Conquer: Compiled
Check out my Youtube channel for occasional casts and voice clips.

#23 Moonlight

Moonlight

Leave Luck To Heaven

• Nova Member
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:42 PM

HOLY **** TALI CONFIRMED TO RETURN
YES, YES, YES.

My faith in the game has just multiplied two times. QUARIAN MIGHT GOGOGOGO.

Also, Occy. Don't worry about the Normandy, it appears it's destroyed, yes. But it's replaced with a new, shinier version of the Normandy, called SR2 rather than SR1. You can also see glimpses of the new version of the Normandy of it in the new dev diary (pause at 00:45 if you want to see), so there's that. There's also a ton of new stuff I never noticed, you see the dead Reaper just floating out there? And I'm pretty sure you enter it.

#24 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,931 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (Moonlight @ Nov 7 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know, the Normandy is by far one of the coolest spaceships ever... but, you saw it. I saw it. The Normandy being chased down and destroyed by some larger ship (which I'm beginning to suspect is the ubiquitous Collector ship the Enemies dev diary was talking about).

Nope. Not gonna happen. They obviously used the wrong model for that cutscene, clearly it's supposed to be the Normandy destroying the other ship. I mean, the very idea that it could happen the other way around is laughable. Ha ha! Laughable I say.

QUOTE (Moonlight @ Nov 7 2009, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, Occy. Don't worry about the Normandy, it appears it's destroyed, yes. But it's replaced with a new, shinier version of the Normandy, called SR2 rather than SR1. You can also see glimpses of the new version of the Normandy of it in the new dev diary (pause at 00:45 if you want to see), so there's that.

wat? That thing's hideous! Where's the T-tail? It's been replaced with some little snail antennae? No. I don't believe it. The front's all fat and ugly and it doesn't even look like the stabilisers move around. I cannot accept that as a replacement for the coolest non-Millennium Falcon space ship of all time. Look at this gorgeous thing:

How can you improve on perfection?

#25 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:08 PM

Add nuclear payloads.
Old timer

#26 Moonlight

Moonlight

Leave Luck To Heaven

• Nova Member
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:07 AM

You can't improve perfection, attempts to just make it look worse. Also, those 'snail antenna' are actually just fins, the perspective make it look that way though.
I actually can't really see the point in destroying the Normandy, I mean, it looks like you're just replacing it with another version right after, so why does it happen?

#27 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:24 AM

Maybe as an awesome, action packed intro, that also demonstrates how your decisions truly affect people's lives, etc.
EDIT: Or they pull a Star Trek III/ IV, where the ship gets destroyed and it ends with you and your crew staring out into a dry dock with a recently completed Normandy SR2, as an ending.

Oh, and with Tali, Adam Baldwin, Joker, Garrus, a possible Geth party member and Miranda Lawson all in, well, you can count me in boy.

Edited by Colonel Halicon, 07 November 2009 - 03:27 AM.

#28 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:36 AM

I wonder if the Normandy will see more combat in ME 2, the only time it saw combat was at Citadel Station, which was pretty awesome.

#29 Pedro Bear

Pedro Bear

Mods just don't know how to have fun...

• Nova Member
  • 653 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Ocelot @ Nov 7 2009, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How can you improve on perfection?

You can't The SR1 is the turian version, the SR2 is probably the human version which is heavily replecated with a changed interior and where the bridge is located. Instead of the front it will be in the back somewhere. My thoughts.

#30 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,931 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Norick @ Nov 10 2009, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The SR1 is the turian version, the SR2 is probably the human version

Yet more proof that Turians are awesome and humans are lame. I had Garrus in my party for my first playthrough, my reasoning being that I couldn't go wrong with someone who looked so awesome and had the last name Vakarian. Of course, Garrus turned out to be the squarest Turian in the galaxy, a disgrace to his people. I'm hoping Shepard will find a real Turian drinking in some dive at the less than savory end of the galaxy, who'll join the crew and be as awesome as he looks. I want to see one of them cut somebody with his face; what else can those spikes be for?

There are only a few improvements I'd like for Mass Effect 2:
- Fix the inventory system and get rid of the money cap. I'm a compulsive looter in RPGs, and in my first playthrough of Mass Effect I hit 9,999,999 credits, bought a bunch of expensive stuff, and later hit it again. When I started my second playthrough my whole squad was outfitted with Level 10 Spectre gear and Colossus armour, but I still had an inventory full of useless junk and I'd hit the money cap again. Just adding an extra digit would be fine, it'd take a lot longer to amass 99,999,999 credits.

- More Mako. I hear there are people who didn't like it, but I have to assume they played the inferior Xbox 360 version of the game instead of the glorious PC one, because the Mako is like puppies and rainbows distilled into six wheeled Rocket Tank form. The only way it could possibly be better is if it had horizontal thrusters as well as vertical ones. Being able to hop over incoming projectiles is immensely fun, but being able to boost up a mountain and then leap into the sky at the summit? Oh my.

- The film grain filter: make it grainier. A lot grainier. Put it on a slider if you want, from 'Off' to 'Grain City'. There are a lot of things I like about Blu Rays. Being able to see every pore in Jack Burton's face as he delivers his 'wild eyed eight foot tall maniac' speech in between sloppy mouthfuls of Felafel would be one such, as would putting my chest up to my speakers, pumping up the volume, and feeling those trumpet blares at the start of Star Trek with my skeleton, but there is something to be said for finally breaking through the blurrification filter that DVD provided and seeing the grain inherent in the film these movies were shot on. Film grain just makes things feel cinematic, in the literal sense of the word. I loved the filter in Mass Effect 1, but it was a little subdued for my tastes.

So far it looks like I'm not going to get my wish on the Mako one. I was hoping the higher ups would either repair the one that got Mass Relayed in the first game, or give us a new one that was exactly the same except for a red stripe or something, but apparently the replacement for ME2 is some kind of hovercraft thing. I suppose it could be alright but it's never going to bounce like the real Mako did, and that was at least half the fun of driving it around. However, I'm hopeful about the grain filter, given that the cover art for the ME2 box is pure '70s pulp Sci Fi and there's a chance the hover car parts of the Citadel will be more Bladerunner than Episode 2.

#31 Pedro Bear

Pedro Bear

Mods just don't know how to have fun...

• Nova Member
  • 653 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:39 PM

And Ocelot you speaketh teh truth, just what's the deal with teh Grain City part? I thought it had enough grain during the gameplay, but it could use a bit more. Not a lot more to the point you can't even see anymore.

When Shepard was in the hover car with the people, and in the Citadel it reminded me of Episode 2 of Star Wars, since you are looking for an assassin, but instead of killing them you want them to join you.

#32 Moonlight

Moonlight

Leave Luck To Heaven

• Nova Member
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

Reapers > All.
No seriously, if all Reapers sounded like Sovereign, the galaxy would melt from the sheer malevolence and awesome-ness that exudes from it.

#33 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (Moonlight @ Nov 10 2009, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reapers > All.
No seriously, if all Reapers sounded like Sovereign, the galaxy would melt from the sheer malevolence and awesome-ness that exudes from it.

Until they are defeated so easily by shooting a nuke through the middle of them.
Old timer

#34 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (880_ZERO @ Nov 10 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Until they are defeated so easily by shooting a nuke through the middle of them.

Only when the the shields fall, and it took how many ships to bring down Sovereign? For crying out loud ramming it didn't do anything to it.

#35 Moonlight

Moonlight

Leave Luck To Heaven

• Nova Member
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:47 AM

You know what? Sovereign destroyed several Dreadnoughts by RAMMING THEM.
Seriously, how in god's name can you get any less awesome? Especially when you consider Dreadnoughts are the biggest, most powerful ships in the fleet and the Turians only have 37 (which is more than any other species).

#36 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:48 AM

Because Turians can't fight anything unless its a lesser species.
Old timer

#37 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (880_ZERO @ Nov 10 2009, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because Turians can't fight anything unless its a lesser species.

They fought the Krogan, which I don't consider lesser.

#38 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:05 AM

Krogan are a tribal race. I think a technically advanced race of aliens could easily quell a fast breeding lesser species, which they did. Then had a lesser species known as salarians invent the genophage.

Turians were the hot dogs of the galaxy for too long and when Soverign attacked, they got bent. Now, the humans are in control.
Old timer

#39 Evil Eye Guy

Evil Eye Guy

Too legit to quit

• 1,537 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (880_ZERO @ Nov 11 2009, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Krogan are a tribal race. I think a technically advanced race of aliens could easily quell a fast breeding lesser species, which they did. Then had a lesser species known as salarians invent the genophage.

Except that they had been given full access to numerous modern military facilities and equipment to help them defeat the Raqnai.

In a world built sky-scraper over slum; the city is about to go UNDER

|D i v i s i o N|

A Cyberpunk Text-Adventure

#40 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (Evil Eye Guy @ Nov 10 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Except that they had been given full access to numerous modern military facilities and equipment to help them defeat the Raqnai.

They never had any space ships, though. And when the turians fought the krogans on their home planet, the tribes weren't as sophisticated. Other than having weapons, they didn't have much else to defend themselves with.
Old timer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mass Effect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users