Photo

E3 2017: Everything was Metroid

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

Poll: RANKINGS! (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who won E3?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#161 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:41 AM

I went over to a friend's house for the Sony conference, so I wasn't here to give my reactions in real time.

God of War looks interesting, tepid excitement for that. I'm all the way down for some Uncharted starring Chloe. Spider-Man looks wonderful and I'm super excited for the potential of a superhero game that isn't Arkham to actually be good, I can't wait for all that open-world web swinging. MvC: Infinite looks... eh. I'll try the demo out soon, but everything I've read in advance makes it seem like it's being super simplified for the casual audience, which is something you just don't do with fighting games. Character designs look awful, MvC 3 looked much better. Honestly I'd rather them go back to a 2D format but Capcom's gonna Capcom. You know something's wrong when Dragon Ball FighterZ looks like a better MvC than MvC itself. No DMC5 announcement makes me sad, especially when the end of that MvC:I trailer felt like such a tease. Maybe we'll see it at the PlayStation Experience in December.

I woke up late so I missed the beginning of the Nintendo stream but I cannot believe that they announced Metroid Prime 4. Don't play with my feelings like this Reggie, my body isn't ready to buy a Switch.

#162 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,766 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:44 AM

No DMC5 announcement makes me sad, especially when the end of that MvC:I trailer felt like such a tease. Maybe we'll see it at the PlayStation Experience in December.

I woke up late so I missed the beginning of the Nintendo stream but I cannot believe that they announced Metroid Prime 4. Don't play with my feelings like this Reggie, my body isn't ready to buy a Switch.

I know, right?! Why end the MvC trailer with Dante if it wasn't going to lead directly into a DMC5 trailer? I was all ready to post "DMC5 BOYEEEEZ!", and then nothing.

I wouldn't worry about needing a Switch for Metroid any time soon. That game must be eeeeeeeaaaaarly in development if all they have is a logo. We don't even know if it's Retro making it.

Odyssey trailer:

#163 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:00 AM

I wouldn't worry about needing a Switch for Metroid any time soon. That game must be eeeeeeeaaaaarly in development if all they have is a logo. We don't even know if it's Retro making it.

I wouldn't worry about needing a Switch for Metoid.  Remember how the last two games went?  Be prepared for massive disappointment.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#164 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,766 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:08 AM

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD EVERYONE TURN ON THE TREEHOUSE STREAM RIGHT NOW

THEY JUST ANNOUNCED A 2D METROID FOR THE 3DS! WHAT IS HAPPENING!?

EDIT - DUDE, it's an official remake of Metroid 2! This is why they killed AM2R. Reggie said it's releasing later this year. Samus has 360 degree free-aiming and this sick Revengeance-style parry move for when enemies get close to her.

#165 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:48 AM

What is this? Metroid Prime 4 and a 2D (2.5D?) Metroid II remake? This feels like a fever dream.

#166 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 671 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:52 AM

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD EVERYONE TURN ON THE TREEHOUSE STREAM RIGHT NOW

THEY JUST ANNOUNCED A 2D METROID FOR THE 3DS! WHAT IS HAPPENING!?

EDIT - DUDE, it's an official remake of Metroid 2! This is why they killed AM2R. Reggie said it's releasing later this year. Samus has 360 degree free-aiming and this sick Revengeance-style parry move for when enemies get close to her.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#167 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,766 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:22 PM

So Samus skips the Wii U entirely, and this game will be one of the last major 3DS game ever released, but better late than never. Yesterday I would have laughed at you if you'd even suggested Nintendo might be making another Metroid, and suddenly they're making TWO! And Samus' Return looks so rad!

Metroid Prime 4 isn't being developed by Retro, but rather by "a talented new development team", with the usual Metroid producer Tanabe overseeing things. Which raises the question, what has Retro been doing all this time? It's weird that they don't have anything to show well over three years after their last game, Tropical Freeze, was released. Similar to Sucker Punch, who put out a couple of Infamous games early in the PS4's life and haven't been heard from since. I was expecting both of them to show up this year.

Anyway, videos!

Xenoblade Chronicles gameplay:

Mario Odyssey's Woodland Kingdom:

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga is a remake of the GBA game for 3DS:

Daveed Cahzh eez 'ere to talk about eez newest breelliant masterpiece, Detroit:

Extinction, that game that looks like off-brand Attack on Titan:

And news!

Metal Gear Survive has been delayed to 2018, and will feature a "dense single-player mode in which players embark on a mysterious adventure", in addition to the multiplayer stuff. They gave this game time to be finished off properly, but not MGSV proper? Dammit Konami.

- Pete Hines says The Elder Scrolls 6 isn't in development:

"They have at least two major titles they are working on before we’re going to get to Elder Scrolls 6,” Bethesda’s Pete Hines said last night, while showing off more of The Evil Within 2. 

And those two big titles don’t include all the other things Bethesda’s doing, like Skyrim VR. So there’s a lot to get through before The Elder Scrolls 6 starts getting some love. Development won’t even begin until those projects are done.

EDIT - The Super Mario Odyssey theme is absolutely wonderful. The singer's voice is so happy and enthusiastic.

EDIT - All hail our new Amazonian Amiibo Queen:

DCOuHs8WAAA1gjv.jpg

#168 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 671 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:43 AM

EDIT - All hail our new Amazonian Amiibo Queen:

DCOuHs8WAAA1gjv.jpg

I have to be honest, she looks like she's sighing in relief at finally letting out a colossal transparent poo.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#169 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,766 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:28 AM

I have to be honest, she looks like she's sighing in relief at finally letting out a colossal transparent poo.

Well, that wasn't quite the note I'd hoped to end E3 2017 on, but there's no going back now.

Ladies and gentlemen, E3 is over for another year. Nintendo is still going to be running some Treehouse stuff, so I might have to scramble back in here if they reveal any more megatons, but for now I think I can call it. We've laughed, we've cried, Devil May Cry 5 still hasn't showed up but Beyond Good & Evil 2 did, and Nintendo is inexplicably making TWO Metroids. I was pretty disappointed with the efforts of the big boys (I think Sony and Microsoft showed like five new first party games between them), but I'm looking forward to an amazing first year of games for my wonderful little Neon Switch.

Video games, you guys! Sometimes they're rubbish, but some times they're pretty cool! In conclusion:

WyljCIu.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users