Photo

E3 2017: Everything was Metroid

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

Poll: RANKINGS! (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who won E3?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#41 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:31 PM

Classic Xbox titles coming to the Backwards compatible list.

That is all.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#42 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,003 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:33 PM

I think Philadelphia Spence is gearing up to reveal the price.

EDIT - Giraffe Keighley was right, it's $499. Now here's Bioware with Destiny I mean the Bob Dylan of games I mean Anthem.

EDIT - Wow that Anthem dude has a great face. That ruddy complexion.

Weird that it's first-person in the hub world and third-person in regular gameplay. It's definitely a Destiny, but it looks pretty cool. You can straight up fly like The Rocketeer, and this level they're in already looks bigger than anything in Destiny. The art style is gorgeous, too. I can see this thing being pretty popular.

#43 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:42 PM

Looks like Destiny but good, with a little Titanfall thrown in there and as of now seems pretty Attack on Titan-esque in regards to backstory.

#44 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,003 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:44 PM

I feel like the actual Destiny 2 is going to look pretty dull in comparison to that. I don't know if the fanbase would jump ship (because I don't really understand why anyone likes Destiny in the first place), but if I had to choose one or the other it'd definitely be Anthem.

(Look at me taking sides in a hashtag war between two games I'm not going to play :P)

Well, that was Microsoft. They showed a lot of games, and they certainly said the word 'exclusive' a lot, but... I don't think many of those games were actually exclusive beyond the ones we've already known about for years like Forza, Crackdown, Sea of Thieves, etc (did anyone catch whether that Metro game at the start was?). Anyway, I suppose you can't fault them for showing a pretty wide variety of stuff, but I don't know that they really made a great case for a five hundred dollar console when you can still play all those games on a $250 Xbox One S or PS4. I mean, the X does what the PS4 Pro does better than the PS4 Pro does it, obviously, but it's also $100 more expensive (and who knows what kind of deals Sony's going to be offering come November).

#45 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:53 PM

(did anyone catch whether that Metro game at the start was?)

Yes, Metro: Exodus.  2018 release window.  Apparently based off of the 2033 and 2035 books.

Didn't show the systems, probably might do a Xbox then other system release set up.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#46 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,003 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:06 PM

Yes, Metro: Exodus.  2018 release window.  Apparently based off of the 2033 and 2035 books.

Didn't show the systems, probably might do a Xbox then other system release set up.

I'm seeing 'announced for Xbox One and PC', so it could be a genuine scloosive or just a Tomb-Raider-style timed thing, I suppose.

Forza 7 and the Ori sequel were the highlights for me, and I think maybe the only two first-party games they actually announced? It seems like the Microsoft of 2013/14ish that was greenlighting all those cool-looking games like Sunset Overdrive, Scalebound and Quantum Break is probably a thing of the past, which I'm disappointed about but, honestly, is probably a safer business strategy at this point.

Crackdown 3 looks like a completely different game from the last time we saw it. Goodnight, sweet cloud-powered Prince, we hardly knew ye:

LcOennJ.gif

Anyway, I'm going to try and get a little bit of sleep in before Bethesda, which just shy of five hours from now.

EDIT - Forgot about Original Xbox backwards compatibility, that was cool, too. Finally Ninja Gaiden Black no longer has to languish in obscurity.

#47 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:35 PM

So, wait, is it genuine original Xbox (remember when we could call that the Xbox One? lololol) backwards compatibility, or the typical Xbox 360 style "it can kinda sorta halfway play about five old games and they'll lock up constantly" backwards compatibility?

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#48 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:09 PM

EDIT - While this fellow waffles about the tech specs we already knew, let's appreciate that the initials of X Box One X are XBOX :P

That is pretty neat. But since it's not called the Scorpio, I am no longer under any obligation to buy it. Phew! Saves me some cash. :lol:

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#49 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:41 PM

It works just like the 360 compatibility does.

In the immortal words of Todd Howard... "It just works."

1. stick OG Xbox disc in your X1
2. Install
3. Go play already, stop waiting for me to tell you what's next.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is likely coming to PC

Halo 5: Forge (and Custom Games) is FREE on PC

Halo: Bad Blood - June 26th (Book)     Halo Infinite  - TBA (Game, PC/Xbox One)

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

-The Gravemind (Halo 3, 2007)

#50 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,003 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:10 PM

Bethesda incoming in just under an hour, for those of you playing along at home. I'm going to take my pooch for a walk and then be back in time for some HOT E3 ACTION.

#51 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

Oh also. Crackdown 3 still has the building destruction. This was a campaign single-player trailer.

The cloud destruction is only in the online free-roam.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

#52 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:19 PM

I might not stay up just for Betashed unless for some inexplicable reason Capcom suddenly shows up instead, but...

Ocey, you need to post a picture of your doggy. I want one. Now. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#53 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:34 PM

So yeah

gw9Sx6M.png

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#54 DeadFire87

DeadFire87

Game Intel Master

• 1,108 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

Bethesda has at least 4-6 titles. Probably some type of vr thing.

I expect Sony to have Capcom if anywhere.

I'm gonna have to look up some of the Microsoft stuff. :P I'm 99.9 % sure that most of Microsofts show is multi platform. Still though I will look up that stuff tomorrow.

Xero there are very conflicting rumors about a new Kotor game. The studio that works on star wars games at Bioware is assisting with Anthem. Not sure exactly what is going on there. :P

Next Batch of consoles...........

PS4 Pro - 4.2 Tflops - 2016

Scorpio - 6 Tflops - 2017

NX - 2017 - Mario Mushrooms, and Link's Hat powered device. 

PS5 - 2019/2020 (Powered by AMD Zen family APU)

XBNext - 2019/2020/2021 (Powered by AMD Zen family APU)

-My old forum.

#55 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,003 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:53 PM

Oh also. Crackdown 3 still has the building destruction. This was a campaign single-player trailer.

The cloud destruction is only in the online free-roam.

Oh right, I remember that from last time. Hopefully we'll get some more footage some time soon.

I might not stay up just for Betashed unless for some inexplicable reason Capcom suddenly shows up instead, but...

Ocey, you need to post a picture of your doggy. I want one. Now. :P

Here's my boy doing his "Oh, you want me to look at the camera?" routine:

z5jjvf0.jpg?1

So here we go with Bethesda in just under 10 minutes!

Twitch link

Youtube link

#56 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:00 PM

Bethesda has at least 4-6 titles. Probably some type of vr thing.

We know Quake Champions is a must for talking about.

Doom and Fallout 4 VR are both extremely likely, due to the fact we had very little given out last year, and since VR is out and about, and Oculus Rift has it's motion controllers, it's like Quake, practically a sure thing.  Especially since VR needs AAA titles to be pure system sellers.

Wouldn't be too surprised if they announce, or at the very least tease, new content for Dishonored 2 and Prey.

Additional Doom content might also be a possibility, been a while since there was anything on that front too.

Then there's Battlecry, or whatever it was called, their WWI era themed MOBA (at least I think's that how it looked) that they announced years back but no word has been given about it.  We could see that.

We might see more stuff relating to Elder Scrolls Online and Elder Scrolls Legends.

And then we have that "Starfield" rumor.  Honestly, I find that to be pure BS.  Too much of it sounds fake and fan wishes.

Oh, and Wolfenstien.  More than likely Wolfenstien.

And I'm not surprised Sony isn't going with the Minecraft crossplay.  They aren't exactly sane.

Also, BETHESDA IS LIVE!

5Sa8Z49.gif

#57 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,003 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:03 PM

Dishonored 2 in the pre-roll montage. Hopefully this means they aren't done patching the PC version.

Pete Hines is here. He is not doing the face.

EDIT - "Let's start with VR"

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15379-1399324578-24

A montage of games you've already played... now in VIRTUAL REAAAAAALITYYYYY!

EDIT - While Bethesda shows us a trailer of Youtube personalities reacting to a trailer of The Elder Scrolls Online, lets enjoy this gif I just found of Reggie beating Geoff Keighley at ARMS:

giphy.gif

EDIT - Now they're doing a card game UUUUUUUUURRRRRGHHHHH

#58 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:15 PM

Oh dear..  Did they not learn?

Paid mods returning, and going to Consoles with "Creation Club".

Granted though, the mods featured will be both official mods from Bethesda and mods from high quality modders that work with Bethesda to ensure quality control, unlike something Steam lacked.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#59 Bilbo_Baggins

Bilbo_Baggins

• Nova Member
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

P A I D M O D S

#60 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,003 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

P A I D M O D S

I think you mean:

P A I D M O D S

A

I

D

M

O

D

S

Yeah, they're doing paid mods again, you guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users