Photo

SSLF Switch Party, no dorks allowed

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Poll: Switch

For buying a Nintendo Switch at launch, Ocelot is...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:44 PM

Oh, X was a spiritual successor of some sort? I never played Chronicles so I wasn't aware. I've been meaning to pick up that New 3DS port sometime.

#22 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,930 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:45 PM

Metroid and DMC 5 when? Have I been bamboozled again?

Would I bamboozle anyone? Please. What kind of person would just go onto the internet and tell lies?

Now the crazy plastic-surgery-faced man who makes the Yakuza games is out on stage, but he doesn't have any games to announce so I don't know why.

Todd Howard is here to talk about Skyrim Switch.

Suda 51 is here, being a goofball. He's saying Travis Touchdown is coming to the Nintendo Switch, but being coy as to whether it's actually a new game.

EDIT - A giant Swede from EA is here to speak about how excited he is while betraying absolutely no outward emotion. Bill Trinen is live-translating into Japanese at his side. You guys, EA sports games are coming to the Switch. You thought you could avoid EA sports outside of E3, but you were wrong.

#23 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Member
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:51 PM

Guys, EA Sports is happening. I thought this was a Nintendo thing.

#24 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:52 PM

No one is safe from EA Sports.

#25 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,930 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:53 PM

They're already montage-ing. That can't possibly be the end. Like, oh my God, for serials.

EDIT - They're wrapping up! THEY ARE WRAPPING UP!

WHERE WERE ALL THE GAMES? WHAT IS THIS THING GOING TO LAUNCH WITH? THERE'S NOTHING!

THEY. DID. NOT. EVEN. SHOW. ZELDA.

#26 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• 3,861 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

Nintendo. Ha.

#27 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,930 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:05 PM

OK, they're showing Zelda now, and it looks INCREDIBLE. This music is just destroying my face. Just blowing my whole face clean off my head. These bossfights? It's straight up Shadow of the Colossus. This is the greatest video game ever made. I can't stand it. EMOTIONS! GORONS! CHARACTERS!

Like, oh my God, what a trailer! I can't believe that came from the same company that crapped out this reveal event.

And, thank goodness, it's confirmed as a launch game for the Switch.

#28 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:06 PM

Holy crap that Zelda trailer you guys.

#29 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:12 PM

This console is clearly launching well before Nintendo has a decent launch-line up. Thank goodness for Zelda as otherwise there would be basically nothing worthwhile at launch. 

I can't believe they would tease me though with a Travis Touchdown picture. For shame Suda 51. He doesn't even have a title yet. 

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#30 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,930 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:12 PM

Well, while we wait for that LEGIT MINDBLOWING Zelda trailer to show up online, let's discuss what we've learnt:

Date: March 3rd

Price: $300 US

Things you get in the box: Switch, Dock, 2 JoyCons (either grey or red and blue), some wrist-strap add-ons, JoyCon Grip, HDMI cable and AC adaptor

Online service: Paid

Battery life: 2.5 - 6 hours, depending on game

Hardware specs: ???

Resolution: ???

Internal storage: ???

Launch lineup: Zelda, 1-2-Switch

Mario Kart, Splatoon 2 and Skyrim later in the year, Super Mario Odyssey for Holiday 2017, vague confirmations that Xenoblade Chronicles 2, No More Heroes 3 and Shin Megami Tensei 5 will come at some unknown point in the future. No Metroid, no BG&E2, no Mother 3, no Smash, no Pokemon. Like, seriously, they announced TWO launch games. Two. 2. 二.

#31 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:13 PM

That presentation was really disappointing and it kind of failed in the whole "get me to buy a switch day one" thing. They showed very little games, a surprisingly large number of which are just "concepts" like Travis Touchdown and Shin Megami Tensei 5, and like....i dunno. The biggest game of the night is coming to WiiU guys.

I already have a WiiU.

I dunno. The price is too high for me to jump on board, and while I don't like Mario running around a realistic (and kind of crappy looking) New York, that game isn't even out until "Holiday" 2016.

I wanted to be positive and excited about this thing. But I'm just kind of.. eh. And frankly a bit disappointed. Nintendo is what I love about video games and they gave me very little to love today.

Also, red and blue joycons are fugly.

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#32 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,930 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:21 PM

I'll have to see what that price translates to in Australian dollars, but if it's over $400 I honestly think I might just buy Zelda for the Wii U. That was... pathetic. I mean, probably not as bad as the Wii U reveal, where they spent half an hour on Nintendoland and nobody knew whether it was actually a new console or just an add-on for the Wii, but pretty bad

Two launch games and one is a waggle minigame collection. Three hundred bucks. Paid online. Why is anyone going to buy this thing when you can get a PS4 Slim or Xbox One S for the same price? Or even cheaper, and probably with a packed-in game to boot.

#33 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:21 PM

P A I D

O N L I N E

ALL IS LOST

xgd0s9.jpg

#34 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,930 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:22 PM

At least it has this:

But then so does the Wii U ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

More Switch trailers: 

Spoiler

EDIT - Official prices for accessories. Pro Controller is $70. ONE JoyCon is $50, or $80 for a set of two. $90 for an extra Dock. Good Lord.

EDIT MORE - Zelda 'Master Edition' gives us a look at what Switch boxes will look like:

C2BwO2wUUAcIcwg.jpg

#35 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:41 PM

At least it has this:

But then so does the Wii U ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT - Official prices for accessories. Pro Controller is $70. ONE JoyCon is $50, or $80 for a set of two. $90 for an extra Dock. Good Lord.

I've been saying it for a while now.  Nintendo's gone insane.  This is proivng my point some more.

Also, stop dreaming for Metroid.  With the fact that Nintendo has gone insane, they won't do another Metroid after Federation Force due to it's reception.  Hell, I'm pretty sure they made it flop just so they could say "Oh look, no one likes Metroid anymore, let's never make another one again".   And as much as you may think that is far fetched, remember how a certain Nintendo exec was acting about Metroid prior to Federation Force's release?  Writing is on the wall here.  In blood.  A lot of blood.  As in "Holy crap, I didn't think there was this much blood in one person's body" levels of blood writing.

Although, to play both sides of the coin, I doubt Nintendo is crazy enough to do only two games at launch.  They'll probably announce some old Wii U games that will be getting ported plus reveal some new ones down the line.

Then again, given the prices of the accessories....  Hold on to that "probably".  Like I said, they going crazy.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#36 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:06 PM

Ok guys, will you be buying the last console Nintendo ever makes? I know I will.

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#37 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,930 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:07 PM

I've been saying it for a while now.  Nintendo's gone insane.  This is proivng my point some more.

Yeah, I honestly don't even have any counterpoints. I went into this fully prepared to pre-order a Switch the moment I could, even though we must never pre-order because it kills the industry. Now I really feel like I could just play Zelda on my Wii U and get a Switch when some games actually come out. Maybe when they launch the Nintendo *NEW* Switch in a year or two.

I mean, I could see them having to do what they did with the 3DS and cut the price overnight. How do they never learn?

I can't believe they brought the Yakuza guy from Sega out on stage to say he was excited and then walk off without announcing a game.

EDIT - Specs:

C2B0iKFUkAY4WBt.jpg

THIRTY TWO GIGABYTES. This three hundred dollar video game console is launching in the year 2017 with 32GB of built-in storage and three hours of battery life.

EDIT - IT JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE!

hAUUiXj.png

ONE NES or SNES game per month with your Nintendo Online subscription. From the wording it sounds like you only get to play it for that month, too; you don't get to keep them for the duration of your subscription like PS+ and GWG. Wouldn't want to get too generous, of course.

EDIT - 

N8SoHaY.png

Someone is playing a cruel joke here. This whole thing can't be real.

EDIT - Oh my God I just realised you're probably going to have to pay for the online service just to trade Pokemon in Gen 8.

#38 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:15 AM

I am actually really glad I got the Wii U instead of saving up for the Switch.

I get all the best Switch games still without dealing with all this awfulness :V

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#39 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,930 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:25 AM

ZHDC1eo.jpg?1

Little did we know the Wii U was the secret best Nintendo console all along.

EDIT - Well, they announced the Australian price: $469.95. I can't even believe it. This has honestly been like watching a slow-motion train wreck all afternoon. That's $40 more than the Wii U was at launch. Slim PS4s and Xbox Ones regularly go on sale for under $400 with three packed-in games. Right now you can get a PS4 Pro with Dishonored 2, Skyrim and Fallout 4 for an extra $90. This is ludicrous.

#40 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:40 AM

I think I would've been happier if they waited to launch the Switch until Holiday 2017. That way, there would have been a lot of games for it, and it would be harder to quell the "eh, I'll just wait" attitude I currently have. A new 3D Mario would be hard for me to resist, after all.

I dunno. I just don't see any reason to go buy this thing at launch. Maybe eventually, but not right now. 

I think the Switch is some interesting tech. I think the JoyCons are a pretty neat idea. I think the portability of the thing could be really cool and appeal to a lot of casual people.

I think the price is too high. I think Nintendo needs to tread VERY carefully when it comes to paid online. I recall some of my friends in college who were casual at best owning a Ps3 and not knowing it connected to the web. I think we need some idea of what games we can play at launch, since Zelda ain't gonna cut it. And, perhaps most importantly, I think we just need a reason to buy this thing over a Ps4. And that reason sure as hell ain't gonna be fake ice cubes.

This could really be a big thing, but they are fumbling so far.

Edit: Trailer for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Not out at launch. :P The release date is April 28th.

NINTENDO CAN'T EVEN PORT ON TIME WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users