NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - The Skaldsong Tavern ((Delving Too Deep - START))

69 replies to this topic

#61 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:42 PM

Caiden confirmed this with a slight nod, though he did subtly glance in Percula's direction with mild annoyance only she could read in his eye - though she also could tell he had fully expected something like this.

So all he got in reply was an innocent - well slightly mischievous - grin.

"We've been traveling together for a while now," he clarified for Agethar's sake, though he left it at that.

"Really?" Agethar said, raising an eyebrow "Because he hasnae told me about ye.”

Saffron shrugged, lounging in her seat. “Well have you ever held a conversation with him?” She asked teasingly, nudging Caid. “It’s a miracle if I can get him to open up. Much less someone like you.” The pixie pointed out with a completely, totally innocent smile.

"It is understandable an' all, with me nae seein' him fer a while." he elaborated quickly  "I heard that ye and some others went off tae Artorius tae deal wid some mages o' some sort: I would'ave gone wid ye, but I was on a mission at th' time, and didnae hear about it until it was too late."

Percula blinked, a few particularly unpleasant flashbacks coming to mind before she shook her head slightly. “Oh, well, uh…” She glanced at Caiden briefly. “You didn’t miss much.” The pix- ahem, elf, reassured him, leaning against Caid a little. “There were sooome… unpleasant thingies. And stuff. Y’know, the usual with dealing with evil mages, right?” Saffron went on with a grin.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#62 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:54 AM

"So, Elmira, what is it that you are a scholar of?"

Elnira blinked slightly. Had the woman mispronounced her name? She couldn't be sure so best to pretend nothing had happened.

"Everything I can!" Her voice rising to a slightly high pitched tone. "I've been studying the arcane. Magic, demons and all their mysteries. That's why I'm here. Just think of all the mysteries the dwarves could have sealed away!"

By this point they had reached the bar, elisario and Silver shield following in a slightly tense silence.

"What brings you here?" She asked Allya.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#63 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:46 PM

"Everything I can! I've been studying the arcane. Magic, demons and all their mysteries. That's why I'm here. Just think of all the mysteries the dwarves could have sealed away! ...What brings you here?"

"Much the same" Allya admitted, taking a seat at the bar. "Perhaps we could compare notes sometime."

"Sometimes I question it myself," Njarine replied. "But the Inquisition took me, a broken woman, in, and transformed me into someone I am proud of being. I take pride in the fact that I am protecting the folk of the Empire."

"Nothing wrong with pride in one's achievements" Valya replied plainly. It wasn't the other northwoman's fault that she lacked the strength to do so without help...

"I assume that even you get tired of killing things for an extended period of time." Malvolio said irritably "In any case, it's rare for me to get time off like this anyway, what with protecting the common-folk from threats from the Underworld and all."

"Why should I?" she replied with a shrug. "My strength is a gift from Odin; making the best use of it I can is the most noble of tasks. One can never tire of such."

"Well, I hope you are not too tired of battle; I suspect plenty lies ahead of us" she said with a slight, challenging grin, knocking her mug against the Templar's. "I look forward to seeing a display of your skill."

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#64 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:42 AM

As the night wore on, everyone steadily drifted up to their rooms, one by one. Agni was the first to go, rolling up the contract and bidding everyone good night.

"An' remember," he added as he left, "if ye signed, bring me the sword! If ye didn't sign, ye can't get any treasure!" He turned more serious than they had ever seen as he finished. "You've been warned."

On that dark and cryptic note, he turned and went upstairs, heading for his room. The life in the tavern never seemed to die out, so instead of waiting until morning, the assorted fortune hunters went to bed, as well, most after eating and drinking their fill. The inn rooms were comfortable enough, and the place was so spacious that no one had to sacrifice their privacy and share rooms with anyone.

---

After a restful night, the party gathered their bearings in the morning, eating breakfast before discussing which path they would take. To the chagrin of some, the overwhelming majority argued to take the Rime River down to Rimegard and pass through the Imperial cities in Northrim before continuing East to the Jagged Edge...

((Area transition will occur after players choose their means of traveling down the river. Just remember what they say about not splitting the party.))

- Chapter I -

Across the North

Together, the party set off for the docks along the Rime in Baldur's Fjord. They found various ships there, including several longships. Asking around, they found one longship - with a green and white striped sail - that was bound for Rimegard that morning. They approached the ship's crew, which consisted entirely of Vikings who seemed to originate from a variety of clans, and asked for their leader.

They received quite a surprise when a tall Nordling woman clad in chain, leather of a strange texture and color none of them recognized, and furs pushed her way through the bearded and armored Vikings loading up the ship. She stopped before them, resting her hands on her hips. Her long, blonde hair was so pale it almost looked white, hanging in a braid all the way past the small of her back. Half her face was covered in burn scars that had stripped the hair from one side of her head, though in the eyes of some, it may have done little to mar her wild beauty.

"I am Eydis, daughter of Ulfhamr," said the woman, leaning on her intricate spear as she sized up the group, arching a long, thin brow. "You wish to travel to Rimegard? I can take you there, for a price. It'll be twenty gold, all said and done - I accept silver and copper, as well, as long as it adds up. My ship is fast, and my crew will keep you safe from the dangers on the water."

---

As everyone else spoke, one of Eydis's vikings who stood near the group suddenly grabbed Huo by the arm and tugged him aside. "You blithering insane?" the man hissed, shoving a cloak in Huo's hands. "Put on a damned hood, at least, or Eydis'll never give you passage, and you'll get yourself killed!" He snorted and shook his head. "You're lucky I'm kind, stranger. Strut around with hair like that when you reach the Imperial territory, and you won't last a minute."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#65 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

((Time for an enormous post!))

“Well have you ever held a conversation with him? It’s a miracle if I can get him to open up. Much less someone like you.”

Agethar looked sourly at her and said “A real charmer ye are. I can see why Caiden was attracted ta ye.”

"It's fine, we succeeded. I probably should've been hunting with other Venatori instead, but we did some good, so it wasn't a waste."

“Oh, well, uh…You didn’t miss much. There were sooome… unpleasant thingies. And stuff. Y’know, the usual with dealing with evil mages, right?”

“Mages are somethin’ that I havnae had th’ pleasure o’ dealin’ with,” Agethar said as he accepted his plate of food and began digging into it “maybe this quest will be different.”

---

"Why should I? My strength is a gift from Odin; making the best use of it I can is the most noble of tasks. One can never tire of such."

Malvolio did nothing except frown. He obviously did not share the woman’s opinion about such things, but didn’t want to start another fight.

"Well, I hope you are not too tired of battle; I suspect plenty lies ahead of us. I look forward to seeing a display of your skill."

“Indeed,” the Templar said, managing a grin as he downed his mug “I look forward to it as well.”

---

​"Belaya Orious... no titles, but you could say my profession was ​a hunter, now I am not so sure. I think this will be a fine expedition."

“Pleased to make your acquaintance, Belaya,” Huo Shiye said as he reached out and shook the elf’s hand “I’m sure that it will be, if we survive it that is.”

"I am Eydis, daughter of Ulfhamr You wish to travel to Rimegard? I can take you there, for a price. It'll be twenty gold, all said and done - I accept silver and copper, as well, as long as it adds up. My ship is fast, and my crew will keep you safe from the dangers on the water."

Agethar paid up.

Why walk or take another route when they could take a boat?

---

"I am Eydis, daughter of Ulfhamr You wish to travel to Rimegard? I can take you there, for a price. It'll be twenty gold, all said and done - I accept silver and copper, as well, as long as it adds up. My ship is fast, and my crew will keep you safe from the dangers on the water."

Malvolio paid as well.

---

As the group walked up to the boat, Huo Shiye muttered under his breath to renew his sight. As everything came back into focus, he was surprised that they would be taking a Northern vessel; he assumed with the number of Achaeans in the party, that they would take another route.

Huo Shiye was about to ask for someone to pay for him, when he was yanked aside by one of the Vikings.

You blithering insane? Put on a damned hood, at least, or Eydis'll never give you passage, and you'll get yourself killed!"

Huo accepted the cloak and put it on, covering his unnaturally white hair.

“Thank you for the cloak…” he began, but the man was not finished.

"You're lucky I'm kind, stranger. Strut around with hair like that when you reach the Imperial territory, and you won't last a minute."

“I believe that I can…how do you say, burn that bridge when I come to it,” Huo said, staring at the man “I know of the danger in Imperial Territory, but what of the danger from this woman, Eydis? I have committed no wrong against her.”

#66 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:19 PM

Eydis paused as two of the men walked up and handed her twenty gold each. She arched a brow in surprise.

"Odin's beard! If I'd known you were all so well off, I would've asked for more!" she said with a laugh. "But I'm an honest woman, strangers. I meant twenty gold altogether, for everyone. I'm not picky who pays, though, and I'll certainly accept tips," she added with a good-natured smile.

---

“I believe that I can…how do you say, burn that bridge when I come to it,” Huo said, staring at the man.

The viking sneered slightly, though Huo could not see that detail. "Aye, I believe it. You'll burn everyone and everything around you, as well."

“I know of the danger in Imperial Territory, but what of the danger from this woman, Eydis? I have committed no wrong against her.”

"No, you haven't, and she's accepting enough. But as I said, it's a wonder you're still alive. If you are what I think you are, she wouldn't let you on board for everyone's good. She takes care of her crew." He crossed his arms and muttered, "I'm betraying her by trying to help you at all. Don't make me regret it."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#67 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:41 PM

"Odin's beard! If I'd known you were all so well off, I would've asked for more! But I'm an honest woman, strangers. I meant twenty gold altogether, for everyone. I'm not picky who pays, though, and I'll certainly accept tips,"

"You can give him his money back then," Malvolio said bluntly "I will cover everyone then."

"No no no, it be alright," Agethar said hurriedly as he glanced at the scarred pair "keep the money if you want; I kin always make more later!"

"Please just take it," the Templar said "you're just making the situation more awkward than it already is."

---

"Aye, I believe it. You'll burn everyone and everything around you, as well."

"If I as little control over myself as that, I wouldn't be in front of you, now would I?" Huo Shiye said irritably as he though about smacking the man with his staff.

"No, you haven't, and she's accepting enough. But as I said, it's a wonder you're still alive. If you are what I think you are, she wouldn't let you on board for everyone's good. She takes care of her crew."

The Easterner nodded. The captain was a smart woman.

"I'm betraying her by trying to help you at all. Don't make me regret it."

"I will not make you regret it." Huo said, moving away from the man as he made his way back to the group.

"Though your captain must not treat you as well as you say if you would betray her so easily." he thought to himself as he pulled his cloak tighter around himself, making sure that his hair was hidden.

Edited by Dalton Westmoore, 25 June 2017 - 03:42 PM.

#68 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:21 PM

Allya had been going to suggest that they all split the fare, so that none of them would be unduly burdened, when two of the group had both offered to pay in full. While she would have been happy to pay her own share, it did not bother her at all for someone else to pay—except for the fact that the two were now arguing about who should do so...

"You can give him his money back then. I will cover everyone then."

"No no no, it be alright, keep the money if you want; I kin always make more later!"

"Please just take it, you're just making the situation more awkward than it already is."

"If you both feel so strongly about it, perhaps you two could split the cost?" she suggested diplomatically. "In any event, I am much obliged to you both for your generosity."

Valya nearly rolled her eyes at the display as the templar and venator started arguing over who should pay: as if it were some kind of great honor, and not a simple matter of necessity. If she had thought it would at all speed the process, she would have offered to pay instead of either of them—she cared little for money—but that would probably just anger both of them, and make the argument take even longer.

At least the crew and ship seemed of high quality: hardened vikings, every man and woman—it almost made her feel at home for a moment. Still, she hoped that Eydis' claim of her ship's speed was true; because if she was not off the ship by the time of the next full moon, most of those fine northerners would be dead.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed one of the ship's crew pull one of their number—the strange-looking white-haired man, who she would swear was blind—aside for a moment, but paid it no mind. It was none of her business.

She just wanted to get moving.

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#69 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:05 AM

"If you both feel so strongly about it, perhaps you two could split the cost? In any event, I am much obliged to you both for your generosity."

Both the Templar and Venator looked at each other, nodded, and then took five gold each back from the captain.

"Consider the extra gold tips," they both said as they moved back into the group.

The fair for everyone was paid as simply as that.

#70 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:44 AM

Eydis arched a brow at their disputes, but her face was unreadable. After a moment, Malvolio and Agethar both took five gold back, each.

"Consider the extra gold tips," they both said as they moved back into the group.

The Nordling woman paused, but shrugged and said, "Many thanks, friends. Gather your things, then, and then we'll be off."

((Area transition: ZONE - Longship on the Rime))

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users