NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - Arrowfall ((OLD))

376 replies to this topic

#21 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:25 AM

"You've been very kind, sir." She told the old priest. Then she turned to her companions. "Well, I suppose we ought to head to the graveyard and have ourselves a look, eh? Come on, the night's still young."

The priest nodded and then disappeared into the house of healing. "The graveyard is just a few streets away," he said before he left, motioning them in the general direction of it.

Ben and Durante turned their attention to Galina. "Sure thing," said Durante, sounding eager as ever. Ben just shrugged.

The lot of them set off, but Galina ended up in the lead this time. She caught a few quiet words exchanged by the brothers behind her, taking up the rear and hanging back from her some. Neither of them drew attention to their subdued conversation, which she couldn't hear enough to understand, and they quickly rejoined her again.

They came upon the graveyard - and found it utterly silent. Walking up to the wooden fence, they looked around and saw quiet gravestones. A light fog lay over the place, adding to the eerie atmosphere, and they could hear the wind whistling nearby... but no movement or any signs of life - or unlife.

Durante leaned forward on the fence, looking disappointed. "Aw, man, I wanted to fight some undead."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#22 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:59 AM

The walk to the graveyard was short and uneventful. Except for the part where the Blackburn brothers fell back a short distance and whispered to one another, specifically so she couldn't hear. They had to know that she knew they were keeping a secret from her. But... she was the stranger here in their trio. Maybe she was just being too suspicious.

To Galina's disappointment, the graveyard was empty aside from gravestones and mist. She scanned the yard, hoping to catch something moving, but saw nothing.

Durante leaned forward on the fence, looking disappointed. "Aw, man, I wanted to fight some undead."

"My sentiments exactly," Galina replied, sighing heavily. "I guess we can head back to the inn. We're not finding anything tonight. You guys know how these things work. You go looking for trouble, it stays hidden. Then when you're least expecting it... surprise." Galina rolled her eyes. "Let's get some sleep."

RNGcoloredntouched%20-%20Copy_zpsy9qggiv

... keep your paper heart away from me.

#23 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

"My sentiments exactly," Galina replied, sighing heavily.

"You guys sure are violent," Ben commented. "You sure you shoudn't have been gladiators?"

"I guess we can head back to the inn. We're not finding anything tonight. You guys know how these things work. You go looking for trouble, it stays hidden. Then when you're least expecting it... surprise." Galina rolled her eyes. "Let's get some sleep."

"Sleep is so boring," Durante fussed, but he grudgingly turned around and trudged off.

Ben just stretched his free arm, switch his helm to be under that arm, and then stretched the other. "Sounds fine to me," he said.

---

The trio soon showed up at the inn again, which they only just now observed was called the Toad's Toes - "That's so predictable," Durante said to the sign - and went upstairs to the rooms they had already paid for. The Blackburn brothers had a room together to save on coin, but Galina had gotten her own room. Ben was the first one to go in, looking tired, and he laid his helm aside as he started to pull off his armor. Durante stopped in the doorway and turned to flash a smile at Galina.

"Ya know," he said, "you could just stay in here tonight and we could get a refund on that other room..."

"Save it, Durante," Ben sighed from inside. Durante ignored him.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#24 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

"Ya know," he said, "you could just stay in here tonight and we could get a refund on that other room..."

"Save it, Durante," Ben sighed from inside. Durante ignored him.

Galina was struck by Durante's forwardness and very obvious advances. She was no stranger to the danger and awkwardness that could follow pursuit of a coworker and fellow Inquisitor. Those concerns didn't seem to bother Durante, if he'd even thought them through. Nonetheless, Galina played along. She lingered in the doorway to her room and leaned against the door frame, running a finger up the woodwork.

"Oh, but then you'd be all tuckered out come morning, and we have a lot of work ahead of us. Wouldn't want you dragging, now would we?" She turned to enter her room but stopped. "Besides, the two of you haven't washed since our journey. Spending a night in a room shared by your sweaty, smelly bodies is less than appealing. I'll see you in the morning." With that, she closed her door and locked it.

She strode up to the bed and swept the blanket up, peering at the sagging mattress for ticks or lice. She saw none upon quick inspection. Galina undressed, dropping her clothes on the floor carelessly. She hung her quiver on a bedpost and threw her dagger belt at the foot of the bed before climbing beneath the sheets. She pinched out the candle on the bedside table before rolling over and soon falling into a deep sleep.

Galina felt her spine tingle as the stranger spoke.

“You people, you pathetic and fearful little people! You see someone different than you, someone not quite right and you assume it’s a curse from the gods! You say, ‘Burn it! Send it back to the gods!” And you burn it! You tie that innocent being to a pole and set them on fire!”

The speaker was a gaunt man who paced before Galina and the handful of other peasants who gathered before him. He was completely bald on his head and his face was cleanly shaven to match. Under his right eye was the hooked tattoo of the Hidden. He wore only black robes and he spoke in a terrifying tone which was one part sneer, one part disdain, and two parts furry.

“You set me on fire! But when the flames had died down, did you find my body? Did you find my burned corpse deprived so untimely of its soul? Think back to that day… Think!”

Galina thought back to when she was younger. A small village girl racing to join the crowds that had surrounded a large wooden stake which was prepared for the execution. They’d thrown torches to the bundles of firewood and soon the whole thing was ablaze. Galina’s father hadn’t let her watch though.

“No, Gali, don’t watch this,” she remembered him saying. He’d covered her eyes and one of her ears with his big hands and pulled her small head against his broad chest. The screams were muffled for the most part, but she’d still been frightened. She couldn’t understand why they’d put someone to death because they decided he was too ‘dangerous’.

“Well, you didn’t find it, did you?” the robed man continued, a snarl of contempt in his voice. “Because I had escaped. And now your entire village will pay for its mistake. I’m one in a million. I’m a special egg. And as far as I’m concerned, I’m worth more than this entire grubby village. So it’ll burn, it’ll burn as a mere down payment of my worth.”

And before Galina or any of the other could blink, the bald man threw open his hands and plumes of flame leapt from his fingertips catching anything and anyone in their path on fire.

The screams were deafening and chilling, the flames hotter than any inferno. And all Galina could do was run. So run she did; as hard and as fast as her legs could take her. She ran as flaming rubble fell around her. She ran as others were engulfed in flames and screamed in agony. She ran until she couldn't breath anymore.

And then Galina woke, breathless, thick and sticky sweat coating her naked, tattooed skin. She would have screamed if she could breath. She scrambled out of bed, falling to her knees on the floor where she gasped for breath until it finally came and she calmed, slowly. She climbed to her feet and pulled on her breaches, blouse, and dagger belt before creeping downstairs to the bar. She found a bottle and a glass and shakily poured herself a glass, which she downed in her usual fashion. To you, father. And to the day this cursed dreams leave me. May it be before the bloody day I join you.

Galina tucked the bottle and glass under her arm. She left compensation beneath the bar before she ventured back upstairs. When she reached the door to her own room, though, she shuddered slightly. Hoping the Blackburns were awake, and knowing in her heart they were probably asleep at this ungodly hour, she knocked on the door to their room. "Ben... Durante? You guys awake?" She leaned against the wall next to their door, listening for a response.

#25 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:06 PM

Galina listened carefully at the door for any signs of life within, but she didn't hear much at first. Then she heard a snort and some movement, the rustling of some covers.

"Uh-huh, I'm awake," replied a voice - Durante's. But he didn't sound very awake at all. Still, she heard him plodding over to the door in a decidedly groggy manner.

She heard the door click unlocked, and when the door opened, Durante certainly looked groggy, too, and his white hair was a disheveled mess. He blinked a few times and pushed the door open further to let her in, if she wanted.

"What's up?" he asked, glancing at the bottle she carried, though his eyes were decidedly a bit more focused on her other aspects.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#26 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

Galina heard Durante mumble something like he was awake before she heard him stumble to the door. When he opened it, Galina noticed that she had obviously awoken her fellow Inquisitor. He opened the door wide enough for her to enter, if that was her intent.

"What's up?" he asked, glancing at the bottle she carried, though his eyes were decidedly a bit more focused on her other aspects.

It wasn't until Galina followed Durante's gaze that she realized she was hardly decent. She hadn't laced up her blouse, or her breaches before leaving her room. Galina only mentally shrugged. Let him look. There's nothing here someone hasn't seen before. Besides, she was a channeler. Their kind wasn't one to keep much hidden anyway.

"I.. uh..." Galina tried to collect her thoughts. She pushed away from the wall and passed Durante before perching herself at the foot of his bed. "I have these dreams. Nightmares. Most every night, honestly. Sometimes I wake up screaming. Sometimes I... I can't breath. It's not the work, I really love my work. It's these memories... really, just one night I can't forget. And it comes back to me in my dreams. Sometimes the whole night, sometimes different parts. When I wake I can never go back to sleep. So I drink, because it improves my mood. You don't have to stay up with me, you can g back to sleep if you want. But can I at least stay in here with you? After the dreams... I'm always doubly lonely. I hate that."

#27 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:52 PM

"I.. uh..." Galina tried to collect her thoughts. She pushed away from the wall and passed Durante before perching herself at the foot of his bed.

Durante just turned and watched her before he finally realized he should shut the door. He pushed it closed with a foot. He wasn't terribly decent, either, considering he only had on a short pair of pants. The tattoos all over his body could hardly get more visible.

"I have these dreams. Nightmares. Most every night, honestly. Sometimes I wake up screaming. Sometimes I... I can't breath. It's not the work, I really love my work. It's these memories... really, just one night I can't forget. And it comes back to me in my dreams. Sometimes the whole night, sometimes different parts. When I wake I can never go back to sleep. So I drink, because it improves my mood. You don't have to stay up with me, you can g back to sleep if you want. But can I at least stay in here with you? After the dreams... I'm always doubly lonely. I hate that."

While he listened, Durante ran his fingers through his hair, trying and failing to make it not look so messy.

"I can stay awake," he replied with a shrug, taking a seat beside her. He hesitated for a moment or two before saying, "I guess I'm lucky I've never had anything like that. Ben has nightmares, too, though he's never told me much about them. He wakes up screaming. And I know this other channeler... she doesn't scream, but she has nightmares. I can tell from how little sleep she looks like she gets."

He paused again before saying, "But we can stay up as long as you want."

Galina couldn't help but notice that Ben was missing, his bed empty and his armor still beside it. There was another long pause before Durante finally spoke again.

"Do you want to talk about them? The memories? Or, just... try not to think about it?"

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#28 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:50 PM

"I can stay awake," he replied with a shrug, taking a seat beside her. He hesitated for a moment or two before saying, "I guess I'm lucky I've never had anything like that. Ben has nightmares, too, though he's never told me much about them. He wakes up screaming. And I know this other channeler... she doesn't scream, but she has nightmares. I can tell from how little sleep she looks like she gets."

He paused again before saying, "But we can stay up as long as you want."

"'Sleep is so boring,'" Galina quoted Durante. She laughed nervously as she poured herself another drink and took a large gulp. "You weren't joking when you said that, were you?" She asked. "I guess I'm lucky you know the drill with unstable people like me. So... it's a thing for Inquisitors to have dark, scary pasts, huh? And here I was hoping I was the only one." She finished the glass off.

Galina couldn't help but notice that Ben was missing, his bed empty and his armor still beside it. There was another long pause before Durante finally spoke again.

"Do you want to talk about them? The memories? Or, just... try not to think about it?"

"What, you want me to tell you about the dream?" she asked, pouring yet another drink. This time she offered it to Durante though. "I don't mind. I don't tell very many people about it, but... well, you've been nice enough to give up your sleep to keep me company. I suppose you ought to know what plagues my fitful sleeps."

Galina stared at the far wall of the room before she began. "The dreams involve a memory from before I joined the Inquisition. A stranger arrived in town one evening and began spouting what most of us assumed was just rubbish and foolish talk. Then all of a sudden he started torching everything in sight. I remember him from my childhood. He was a younger man then, a gifted one sentenced to death by the townspeople. They'd tried to burn him, but somehow he'd escaped. He probably used his own magic fire to cloak his departure. Anyway... he returned to our village years later to take revenge. But by then he must have been found by the Hidden because he had their symbol tattooed on his chest. He left it revealed for everyone to see as he started burning the entire village to the ground.

"I ran from him. I should have known I couldn't escape his wrath, but I ran anyway. My father..." Galina paused and took a swig from the bottle she still held. "He put me on a horse and sent me for help. There was an Inquisitor stronghold in the next town over, so I rode as hard and as fast as I could to reach it. When I got there, I told them what had happened. The garrison mounted their horses and rode back to my village, but when they reached it the mage had left. He'd spooked and fled without killing everyone or burning the entire village to the ground. The Inquisitors helped the best they could, tending wounds and putting out fires... but the damage was done. And I'd been... they'd been... we were too late." Galina took a deep breath to keep from crying. "My father died in that village, and I was powerless to help him."

Galina straightened herself on the bed, trying to look like she wasn't falling apart there in front of her partner. "That's why I never balk when sent on seemingly little jobs like this one. I want to help as many as I can, and I never want to relive that night. You've only got so much time in your hourglass, and by the gods I'm not going to let mine run out before I've done everything I can to help those who need me. But on that same token... I'll kill anyone who calls a false alarm. I'm a member of the Inquisition, not some fool to be toyed with." She drank another gulp from the bottle, looking at it sideways when she'd finished. "This stuff isn't half bad. I'm starting to feel better already."

#29 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

"That's why I never balk when sent on seemingly little jobs like this one. I want to help as many as I can, and I never want to relive that night. You've only got so much time in your hourglass, and by the gods I'm not going to let mine run out before I've done everything I can to help those who need me. But on that same token... I'll kill anyone who calls a false alarm. I'm a member of the Inquisition, not some fool to be toyed with." She drank another gulp from the bottle, looking at it sideways when she'd finished. "This stuff isn't half bad. I'm starting to feel better already."

Durante listened to her without a word - though she noticed his bare arm creeping closer to her waist. He seemed to be debating whether or not to go ahead and put it around her.

"Might want to be careful hitting the drink so hard," he commented. "It's messed Ben up before."

But then he went on, "I'm sorry you had to go through all that stuff... losing your parents isn't easy. Ben and I lost mine in a shipwreck. Not nearly the same, but they're still gone. But... I don't think this is a false alarm," he gestured vaguely at the general area before letting his hand drop again.

Galina heard something scratch the window. Durante tensed and glanced over, but there was nothing there.

"In fact," Durante said with a laugh, "this place is starting to creep me out."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#30 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:13 PM

"Might want to be careful hitting the drink so hard," he commented. "It's messed Ben up before."

"Is that why he doesn't drink?" Galina asked. "I know it isn't healthy, I don't drink because it's a good idea. I drink because it numbs me. It helps me bloody forget. Like I said, I'm a nice person drunk than sober. When the memories and the dreams go away, I'll put away the bottle. But for now, I have a job to do. And if this," she gestured to the bottle, "helps me do that job, I'm willing to give in to the vice." She paused, thinking she saw a vague look of worry in Durante's face. "For the time being, anyway. Don't worry, I can stop whenever."

But then Durante went on, "I'm sorry you had to go through all that stuff... losing your parents isn't easy. Ben and I lost mine in a shipwreck. Not nearly the same, but they're still gone. But... I don't think this is a false alarm," he gestured vaguely at the general area before letting his hand drop again.

Galina heard something scratch the window. Durante tensed and glanced over, but there was nothing there.

"In fact," Durante said with a laugh, "this place is starting to creep me out."

"I agree." Galina said. "Those beggars in the streets were enough to convince me. Something's going on in this town, and while I don't know what yet, it certainly needs looking in to." She rose from the bed and corked the bottle before she strode over to the window. "It is kind of creepy little town though. If we can get to the bottom of the plague and the flashes and the undead... maybe we can breath a little life back into this place."

#31 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:21 PM

"Is that why he doesn't drink?" Galina asked. "I know it isn't healthy, I don't drink because it's a good idea. I drink because it numbs me. It helps me bloody forget. Like I said, I'm a nice person drunk than sober. When the memories and the dreams go away, I'll put away the bottle. But for now, I have a job to do. And if this," she gestured to the bottle, "helps me do that job, I'm willing to give in to the vice." She paused, thinking she saw a vague look of worry in Durante's face. "For the time being, anyway. Don't worry, I can stop whenever."

Galina was right to see worry on Durante's face, especially given he looked knowing and unconvinced. "Sure," he said unenthusiastically, but that was all.

"I agree. Those beggars in the streets were enough to convince me. Something's going on in this town, and while I don't know what yet, it certainly needs looking in to." She rose from the bed and corked the bottle before she strode over to the window. "It is kind of creepy little town though. If we can get to the bottom of the plague and the flashes and the undead... maybe we can breath a little life back into this place."

Durante laughed. "Maybe," he replied. "I'm not sure it had much life to begin with. But..."

He was cut off as the door to the room opened again, since Durante hadn't locked it. Ben strode in, wearing his trousers and not much else, which left his own tattoos bared - though he had much more variety than just runes. Most were runes, old ones like a channeler's, but enough for him to actually be one. Others were assorted images. He looked at Galina for a moment, apparently surprised, but shrugged and closed the door, moving over to his bed.

"Hey, Galina," he said casually. "Wanted that room refund after all?" he teased.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#32 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:16 PM

Galina turned quickly from the window and watched Ben enter the room through the door Durante had left unlocked. He looked surprised to see her, but shrugged and moved over to his bed. Galina wondered what he had been doing out, barely dressed at all. Durante had mentioned that Ben had nightmares as well... It was then that Galina realized how little she was wearing. She didn't want Ben to think she was hiding anything though, so she just left herself looking... bare.

"Hey, Galina," he said casually. "Wanted that room refund after all?" he teased.

"Well, seeing as I don't plan to make the bed I tried to sleep in, no, I think I'll still pay for it. Durante and I were just exchanging morbid stories about our parents dying and us not being able to do anything about it. Well... we were also talking about this town and how creepy it is. Among other things. What have you been up to? Funny, this is usually when normal people sleep."

#33 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:44 PM

"Well, seeing as I don't plan to make the bed I tried to sleep in, no, I think I'll still pay for it. Durante and I were just exchanging morbid stories about our parents dying and us not being able to do anything about it. Well... we were also talking about this town and how creepy it is. Among other things. What have you been up to? Funny, this is usually when normal people sleep."

"Durante was barely old enough to remember when our parents died," Ben commented, and Durante nodded quietly. Ben took a seat on his bed and rested his elbows on his knees, watching her. But he shrugged.

"I was just visiting the baths. They're nice - if you try hard enough, you can almost smell the soap." He leaned back on the bed, staring at the ceiling. "I can't sleep, either," he clarified.

"Well, I can sleep," Durante said flatly. "And I can sleep while you two talk, too."

He then promptly climbed back into bed and flopped down. Ben shot him a look, but he didn't say anything and returned his gaze to the ceiling. Galina could tell Durante was right: he'd dozed off in just a few moments.

"You can come over here instead, if you want," Ben said casually. It wasn't a flirt, just a suggestion. "He's gonna be snoring in a minute."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#34 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:59 PM

Durante was asleep again in seconds and Galina just laughed quietly and shook her head. "He wasn't kidding, was he? I don't feel so bad about waking him up now. He'll get more sleep than me tonight, that's for sure."

"You can come over here instead, if you want," Ben said casually. It wasn't a flirt, just a suggestion. "He's gonna be snoring in a minute."

Galina moved from the window to Ben's bed and sat at the foot. She didn't say anything for moment, but finally turned to Ben. She peered into his copper-toned eyes before speaking. "Well, how loud does he snore? Because we could always move to my room. I'm sure it would be quieter."

#35 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:09 PM

She peered into his copper-toned eyes before speaking. "Well, how loud does he snore? Because we could always move to my room. I'm sure it would be quieter."

Ben paused for a moment in apparent surprise, but he shrugged. "He can get pretty loud," he replied. He smirked and added, "Might be one reason why I can't sleep. So... we can go in there instead, if you want."

Galina got to her feet and led the way out, and Ben trailed along after her, taking up the rear and closing the door to both rooms behind them. Once they were in Galina's slightly smaller room and the door was shut, he moved near the window and looked outside at the moonlight briefly before returning his gaze to her.

"So," Ben offered a grin, "should I buy you another drink so you'll be nice to me? Don't think I've forgotten what you said about getting you drunk."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#36 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:25 PM

Galina hadn't really expected Ben to agree to her proposal, but he seemed compliant enough. They filed out of the Blackburn brothers' shared room and into Galina's own room. Most of her clothing still lay in a pile, discarded on the floor, while the covers of her bed were twisted and strewn about. It was a bit of a mess, to say the least.

Ben moved to the window first, before turning to regard Galina. She just stood there, watching the moonlight play off his pale and tattooed skin.

"So," he offered a grin, "should I buy you another drink so you'll be nice to me? Don't think I've forgotten what you said about getting you drunk."

Galina smiled and bit her lip pensively. "The longer you hang around me, the more you'll realize it's true. I'm just a nicer person when I've got some drinks in me. As for buying me a drink, well, I've still got this," she said and she held the bottle and the empty glass up for him to see. "I'd offer to pour you one, but you don't, do you?" She poured the bottle into the glass anyway and lifted it to her lips. "You've got a lot of tattoos for not being a channeler. Why's that?" She asked, eying his bare chest. "If you don't mind my asking, of course."

#37 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:35 PM

Galina smiled and bit her lip pensively. "The longer you hang around me, the more you'll realize it's true. I'm just a nicer person when I've got some drinks in me. As for buying me a drink, well, I've still got this," she said and she held the bottle and the empty glass up for him to see. "I'd offer to pour you one, but you don't, do you?"

"I... not anymore," Ben replied with a weak smile. "That stuff doesn't do anybody any good. There are better ways."

"You've got a lot of tattoos for not being a channeler. Why's that?" She asked, eying his bare chest. "If you don't mind my asking, of course."

Ben shifted around some a little self-consciously when she kept looking at his bare chest, but he replied simply, "I was gonna be a channeler. I tried, started undergoing all those rituals and stuff... Some of them didn't agree with my body, according to all the other Inquisitors. One of the runes had a reaction and shocked me. I nearly died. Some people just can't become channelers - not sure why. I'm one of those people."

He glanced over all his tattoos: runes, letters, a torc tattooed on his arm, and others. "So, I got a lot of the other ones afterwards to make the runes stand out less."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#38 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:53 PM

Galina found it a little funny that Ben was acting self-conscious. It was kind of... well, cute, actually  "I was gonna be a channeler. I tried, started undergoing all those rituals and stuff... Some of them didn't agree with my body, according to all the other Inquisitors. One of the runes had a reaction and shocked me. I nearly died. Some people just can't become channelers - not sure why. I'm one of those people."

"So, I got a lot of the other ones afterwards to make the runes stand out less."

"I've only got one that isn't a rune. Want to see it?" Galina asked. But before Ben could reply, she turned her back to him. In one quick movement she'd pulled her blouse up over her head and was baring her back fully to her fellow Inquisitor. She swept her red hair away with a hand so that it wouldn't get in the way. On her back was a rather large tattoo of a man who was tied to a stake. Fire was licking at his legs, but much of him was still visible and not hidden by the flames.

Galina turned he head to peer at Ben over her shoulder. "I'd explain it, but it's pretty self explanatory," she said.

#39 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:58 PM

Galina turned he head to peer at Ben over her shoulder. "I'd explain it, but it's pretty self explanatory," she said.

Ben was staring at her rather dumbly, given the turn of events, even if her back was turned - and the tattoo itself. His jaw was a little slack, and he blinked, not sure what to say about any of it.

"That's, uh... pretty intense," he offered weakly.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#40 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:09 PM

"That's, uh... pretty intense," Ben offered weakly.

"Thanks," Galina said and she pulled her blouse back over her head. She got the feeling she might have possibly shocked Ben a little. She tried to change the subject. "So, where did you learn to play and sing?" She asked as she stepped closer to him. Really, she was approaching him so that they could lower their voices a little. It wasn't a large room, but she still felt she had to raise her voice louder than was appropriate this time of night. As she got nearer to Ben, she realized he smelled like he'd only just taken a bath. "Wow," she said, "you smell good."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users