• Please log in to reply
7598 replies to this topic

#7581 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:08 AM

When did linear become such a dirty word?

It's almost as if you can't stuff in microtransactions.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#7582 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,960 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:43 PM

Reports are flying about the next Xbox, or perhaps Xboxes:

First, Microsoft is building a traditional console that you would expect from the Xbox brand. I think it’s important to point this out so that those who prefer to have all their hardware locally, will have an option with the next generation Xbox.

As for specs for this device, that’s still not known at this time as it’s the early days of development for that piece of hardware. But what I am starting to hear more about is the second device, a streaming box that is designed to work with the company’s upcoming game streaming platform.

Scarlett Cloud as one person called it, is the game streaming service that we have all been envisioning ever since Microsoft showed off a demo game streaming at its all-employee meeting back in 2013. But this time, Microsoft has a path to bring it to market.

The second ‘console’ that the company is working on is a lower-powered device that is currently planned to ship with the next generation device that is designed for game-streaming. But the catch here is that Microsoft thinks it has figured out how to handle the latency sensitive aspects of gaming.

So one traditional Xbox and one much cheaper streaming system, both thought to be launching in 2020. From what I understand the streaming box is going to have more hardware inside than just the stuff that allows it to stream a game, in an attempt to deal with the latency issue inherent to streaming, which sounds interesting.

#7583 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,960 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 08:34 PM

I'm salty, you guys. They're doing another Smash Direct:

Where are the real games, Nintendo? E3 was all Smash, and now the very next Direct is all Smash. You've let me down, Reggie.

#7584 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Member
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:31 AM

In the Nintendo Direct they announced new fighters Simon Belmont and King K. Rool, new echoes Richter Belmont, Chrom and Dark Samus.

There are 103 stages announced so far (times 3 for omega and battlefield variants) and you can set stages to shift into a new one as the match goes on.

Probably some other stuff, but that's my main takeaway.

#7585 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,960 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:39 PM

Here are the Simon Belmont and King K.Rool trailers, btw:

(RIP in peace Luigi)

It seems like the gaming industry is gearing up for Gamescom in a couple of weeks, because there are big doin's a happenin':

The first gameplay footage of Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming tomorrow

There's a trailer for a game called Devil's Hunt, with veeeery non-native-English dialogue ("Not always a choice is something good"), and maybe kind of cool combat?

There's a livestream tonight for that game called The Quiet Man, the live action one about the deaf guy fighting people from the Square-Enix E3 show:

EDIT - Here's the RDR2 trailer:

The hype just hit me really hard, you guys!

#7586 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,960 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:38 PM

Well Gamescom is officially underway, so here's a quick roundup of early information:

- ReCore, Super Lucky's Tale and some other previously Windows 10 Store exclusive games are coming to Steam

- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice has a release date of March 22nd 2019

- A Hat in Time is getting an expansion, and it's coming to Switch

- Trailers for Life is Strange 2:

Metro Exodus:

Just Cause 4:

Join me later in my lively Devil May Cry thread as I mark out super hard over the new footage they're going to show today!

#7587 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,960 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:55 AM

More Gamescom stuff!

Resident Evil 2 gameplay, Claire vs. Birkin's first form (ommagawd this looks incredible. Capcom is back):

21 mins of uncommentated Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (I can't wait. This and DMC5 in the same month!):

First Life is Strange 2 gameplay (I'm not going to watch this, I'll just jump in fresh):

Bandai Namco and Supermassive Games (makers of Until Dawn) announce The Dark Pictures, an anthology series of horror games, starting with Man of Medan:

The Digital Foundry guys discuss all this new RTX raytracing business that the new Nvidia graphics cards do. Sounds really cool, but also a long way out from actually being usable:

#7588 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 02:05 PM

We interrupt your scheduled Ocelot posts to inform you that Battlefront 2 is actually doing some good things for once:

obi6w2md8c2z.png

giphy.gif

#7589 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

• Nova Member
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:32 PM

We interrupt your scheduled Ocelot posts to inform you that Battlefront 2 is actually doing some good things for once

By adding more microtransaction cosmetics?

#7590 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:27 PM

We interrupt your scheduled Ocelot posts to inform you that Battlefront 2 is actually doing some good things for once:

In related news, we found a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, the community (namely social media and Reddit) to that game.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#7591 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:38 PM

By adding more microtransaction cosmetics?

Microtransaction cosmetics that they should have had at launch?

Yeah, that's worth getting excited over.

The campaign and game is flaming garbage, but at least I can finally look cool while playing it.

#7592 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,960 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 05:16 AM

Hey you guys? CD Projekt Red is streaming on Twitch right now, a video entitled "DATA STREAM IN PROGRESS" under the heading of Cyberpunk 2077.

It's just... random white text on a black background, though. They are definitely playing us like damn fiddles right now, but someone's going to work out exactly what it all means and I bet it'll be really cool!

#7593 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,960 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:57 PM

As if the incredible-looking Resident Evil 2 Remake and the GOATest of all time Devil May Cry 5 weren't enough to spice up your first few months of 2019, Capcom has delivered unto us an even greater bounty: the Onimusha remaster we've been hearing rumours about forever:

It's only the first game, and it's digital-only outside the US and Japan, but that's still pretty cool. I never actually played the first Onimoosh (it was one of Capcom's early PS2 gen 50Hz games in PAL land, so it had the full 17% slowdown experience), so I'm in.

There's yet another Nintendo Direct coming (the fourth one this month), this time focused on Dragalia Lost, which is a Nintendo/CyGames collaboration mobile game that I've never even heard of until just now. So, enjoy that, I suppose. Meanwhile, I'll just be over here gently weeping while I wait for a new Bayonetta 3 trailer...

#7594 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:16 AM

For anyone who's actually interested, EA has an article about the stuff they'll be adding to Battlefront 2 for the rest of the year. So here's the rundown for anyone who's interested:

September:

Apparently, you'll be able to spawn on other team members and other stuff in the improved squad system.

91st Recon Corps and 104th Wolfpack Battalion Skins

October:

General Grevious 

November:

Obiwan

Genosis

Three new vehicles: the STAP, BARC speeder, and the AT-TE

212 Attack Battalion Skins

Winter:

Count Dooku

The Coruscant Guard Skins

A non-linear sandbox gamemode where apparently you capture control points so you can bring down capital ships (not gonna lie, that sounds awesome)

Anakin Skywalker

501st LEGION SKINS BABY

Additional skins for Grevious, Obi-wan, Dooku, and Skywalker

I don't understand why these weren't features from launch, but I'm glad that at least they'll be adding them now.

#7595 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,960 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:03 AM

Yo dorks, it's time for the big one:

35 minutes, “mainly focused on upcoming Switch and 3DS titles", it says. Not "2018 titles", just upcoming. We're doing it, boyeeees. It's the one we've all been waiting for. Everyone get super hyped, shoot for the moon. Bayonetta 3. Metroid Prime 4. The Wonderful 102. Switch Revision. Switch 2. Nintendo buys out Sony and Microsoft and Reggie just spends the entire Direct laughing into the camera with his shirt off. It's happening.

EDIT - Nintendo's postponing the Direct on account of the massive earthquake in Hokkaido, which is totally understandable. Japan's been taking a beating all week, and there'll be plenty of time for our dumb video game show once everybody's safe and sound.

#7596 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,960 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:49 AM

So, while nobody was looking, Sony went and delivered the second best gaming press show of the year (behind Microsoft's DMC5 Announcement Spectacular that also featured some other games nobody cares about). Their annual pre-TGS show featured:

Project Awakening from CyGames (I actually thought Deep Down was back for a second there :P):

A new Sekiro trailer showing some bossfights:

A new Left Alive trailer, that melodramatic mech game with Yoji Shinkawa art:

And finally, the surprise GOTY of 2018, the new game from Ryu ga Gotoku studio (the Yakuza people): Judge Eyes. It looks pretty much like a Yakuza game, except you play as a lawyer, and you spend your days eavesdropping on people to build a case against them, chasing them down, playing ridiculous minigames and of course leaping off walls to kick them in the face with your flaming feet because these guys don't know how to make a game that isn't STONE COLD BRILLIANT:

It's on the Dragon Engine, so it looks incredible, and they've cast a bunch of famous Japanese actors as usual. And the best news of all? It's out in Japan THIS DECEMBER, with an English release following early next year. This game came out of nowhere and suddenly it's three months away from release and looking like the GOATY.

#7597 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

• Nova Member
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:26 PM

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is getting remastered for the PS4 and Nintendo Switch!

#7598 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,960 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:47 AM

Nintendo Direct's back on the menu, boizzzzzz:

7am on Friday for me. Time for that hot Bayonetta 3 action.

#7599 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,960 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:53 PM

In today's "Idea that Sony stole from Nintendo" news: meet the Playstation Classic:

Hundred bucks, two wired non-Dual-Shock controllers, and 20 games. So far they've only announced Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms, which leaves the obvious question of "Yo are you going to have Metal Gear Solid on this thing or are we just playing around here?"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users