6 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

POPULAR

Here are the results of the Fantasy Comic Contest, decided by our panel of judges, chosen from mod & nova member volunteers:

• Bobafettmaniac
  • Lord_Capulet
  • Ter Loki
  • Maverick-Werewolf
  • Saber-Scorpion

GRAND PRIZE WINNER: Amarok
Average Rating: 9.9/10
completed_comic.png
Judge comments:

Spoiler

SECOND PLACE WINNERS: Doodstormer and Harry Monster
Dr. Dood von Doodstormer:
Average Rating: 9.4/10
9988563114_5a99af1da6_o.png
Judge comments:
Spoiler

Harry Monster:
Average Rating: 9.4/10
drake_and_drinks_by_harry_monster-d6oqra
Judge comments:
Spoiler

Third Place Winner: Ouflah
Average Rating: 9.3/10
9926415265_67336f7610_o.png
Judge comments:
Spoiler

Other Results:
The Arbiter: 8.8/10
Judge comments:
Spoiler

cheeso194: 8.5/10
Judge comments:
Spoiler

ForcedSim: 8/10
Judge comments:
Spoiler

Fireraven: 8/10
Judge comments:
Spoiler

orand: 6.8/10
Judge comments:
Spoiler

Louis: 6.6/10
Judge comments:
Spoiler

DragonCmx13: 6.2/10
Judge comments:
Spoiler

Everyone who entered is entitled to a discount code from my shop (size of discount varies depending on place in the contest). Just shoot me a PM and I'll reply with your code!

Amarok and Harry Monster also get bonus Wulfgard items for submitting Wulfgard entries, and Amarok of course gets the Bob Bumbleton minifig! Congrats!

The four winners will get their profile medals as soon as I can make them.

Big thanks to everyone who participated, judges and entrants alike! I enjoyed all of the comics. Everyone feel free to reply with suggestions for the next contest!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#2 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

Congrats to the winners! Glad to see someone beat Dood at his own game. (I kid, I kid.)

In regards to the lack of Tom in my comic: I completely forgot. I realized this while writing the speech bubbles (which I did on two occasions, and forgot how I made them so neat in the first half  <_<), but it was too late to re-take the pictures. I would have done more, but the limitation to one strip was pretty hard to work with.

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#3 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

...I was among the winners...

HOW

HOW CAN THIS BE

WHAT

I might explode. This is amazing.

Congrats to everyone! This was great. I loved checking that topic for more entries-- most of them made me laugh quite a bit. :P

Anyway, we should do this again! Always a good way to get some creative juices flowing. 

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#4 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,430 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

Judging this contest was an entertaining challenge, and I hope that my input was beneficial.  I'm not sure if my customary wordiness helped or hindered, but I certainly hope that the constructive criticism shone through.

Congratulations to our esteemed winners, your talent and effort were truly evident and a joy to examine.  Don't spend all those rewards in one place now!  Wait...they only apply in one place...disregard that last statement.  

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#5 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

POPULAR

Wow, guys! I'm honored! Still getting over the shock.

Great job to the other winners and everybody else, your entries were great!

Thanks again, Scorp, for hosting another contest, they really help me improve on my building and presentation skills!

Another shout out to the judges, I couldn't have won without you! :P

emily-blunt.gif

#6 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

Just a quick reminder: Everyone who entered is entitled to a SSL Shop discount code! And winners are entitled to a bigger one! All you have to do is send me a Private Message and ask for your code! :) Offer expires at the end of the year.

Also, I've added the gold, silver, and bronze medals to all the winners' forum accounts. Enjoy!

So, anyone have suggestions for the next SSLF contest?

...I was among the winners...

HOW

HOW CAN THIS BE

WHAT

I might explode. This is amazing.

Your post in the entries thread even has the big ol' popular star, so I'd say you were an audience winner too! Congrats.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#7 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:29 AM

Also, I've added the gold, silver, and bronze medals to all the winners' forum accounts. Enjoy!

So, anyone have suggestions for the next SSLF contest?

Sooooo... Do I get a medal for being the first to get three gold medals?

Anyway, I'd love to another videogame scene contest. But I really enjoy fleshing out Nova Refuge and those vehicular contents. Perhaps a civilian vehicular contest for NR. That could be a lot of fun!

emily-blunt.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users