NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Tales of Wulfgard, Vol. 1 - Now Available on Amazon and Smashwords!

Wulfgard

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

• Webmaster
  • 7,673 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:44 AM

It's here!

Tales of Wulfgard, Vol. 1 is now available on Amazon and Smashwords for $5.99! Backers have already been sent their download codes, so if you're a backer, check your Kickstarter messages!

Please take a look at the sample pages, and help spread the word! Hope you enjoy the book! Feel free to discuss it here, and don't forget to leave a review on either of the sites above! Thanks!

med_gallery_1_193_340465.jpg

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#2 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

You're welcome.

• 1,342 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:57 PM

It's finally here!  I was most excited about Joergen's story, since it was one none of had seen before.  I made sure to read that one during my lunch break today, though I will be eagerly rereading the others soon.

Out of curiosity, when did it change from sleeping bear to sleeping bull?  Not that I don't like his new nickname or the story behind it, but I'm struggling to figure out how I missed that transition.

Despite my confusion, I thoroughly enjoyed it!  Our resident shirtless, self-narrating muscleman is definitely a hero worthy of song, even if he doesn't think so.  The way he holds onto his beliefs throughout the changes in his life really moved me, and his innate sense of honor and courage were inspiring.  I eagerly look forward to the next time I get to read about his adventures, and those of the [spoiler].

Moana-disney-princess-39692805-268-140.g

"We keep our Island in our mind
And when it's time to find home
We know the way"

#3 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,673 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:54 PM

It's finally here!  I was most excited about Joergen's story, since it was one none of had seen before.  I made sure to read that one during my lunch break today, though I will be eagerly rereading the others soon.

Out of curiosity, when did it change from sleeping bear to sleeping bull?  Not that I don't like his new nickname or the story behind it, but I'm struggling to figure out how I missed that transition.

Despite my confusion, I thoroughly enjoyed it!  Our resident shirtless, self-narrating muscleman is definitely a hero worthy of song, even if he doesn't think so.  The way he holds onto his beliefs throughout the changes in his life really moved me, and his innate sense of honor and courage were inspiring.  I eagerly look forward to the next time I get to read about his adventures, and those of the [spoiler].

Ah yes, the change in his nickname was sort of a last minute thing. I had various little reasons for it. I never really liked calling him Bjornsson (he's an orphan after all, so why does he have a last name?), and in a lot of my drawings he has a bull's horns on his helmet, and I just sort of liked the sound/imagery of that better. So I guess if we ever make Wulfgard a success, the trading cards with his old name on them might be a collector's item someday. :P :lol:

At any rate, I'm very glad you enjoyed it! "Joe" is an old character I've had around forever but he's never really gotten to star in any of my writing or comics, so I tried hard to make his all-important background story a good one. :) That's why it's so bloody long, haha.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#4 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

But where's my helmet at, though

• Nova Patron
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:45 PM

I finally got around to making a Smashwords account so I could get the book!

Expect some doodles and/or new comics to come from these stories! :D

#5 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,673 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:41 AM

The full preview story "Speak No Evil" (Whisper's Tale) is now available to read on the website for free again!

It was already available as the preview on Smashwords and probably Amazon as well, but now it's on the site too.

This version is updated from the one I posted here on the forums a few years back. No significant story changes, but some edits to the writing and lore. Just saying. :)

-Scorp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users