• Please log in to reply
687 replies to this topic

#681 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Patron
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:35 AM

1. Scorp, are you planning on releasing a high-res map of Terra Nova like you did with Wulfgard?

2. How many square kms or square miles are the different countries, or continents, on Terra Nova?

3. Exactly how large is the planet? Diameter and such? And what shape? Elipse like Earth?

5. Are you planning on a new interactive star-map?

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#682 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:38 AM

1. Probably not. The next book will take place mostly on other planets.

2-3.

: Do not ask for really specific numbers. For example, "how many habitable planets are there in Human Space?" If I defined a concrete number for something like that, it would limit expansion later in the series. Exact starfleet sizes and exact populations of planets are also no-no's. These questions are best answered in relative terms. For example, Helexith's fleet is way bigger than any one Human faction's, but two or three of their factions' fleets combined might stand a chance.

4. I would like to make one, but no promises. My first priority is simply a new design for the overall website. The current one is very dated, with the Flash menus and everything.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#683 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,106 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

I may have a very blunt, and probably brutal question.

How much dead is Nova Refuge (universe) at this point?

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#684 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

• Nova Patron
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

Reason I asked question number 2 is that I've seen many authors fall into a trap where travelling distances suddenly make no sense or are too inconsistent. Here's just hoping that won't happen. And even if it does, it's no big deal. It's the story that counts.

EDIT: V.Metallic, Scorp posted a Nova Refuge short story this exact year. It's still alive, just, these few years are the years of Wulfgard. It's like when a producer or actor takes some time off from a beloved franchise to work on something else.
Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#685 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:09 PM

I may have a very blunt, and probably brutal question.

How much dead is Nova Refuge (universe) at this point?

lol, not that brutal - NR has obviously not been my top priority for quite a while now. :P But I am getting back into it! I'm working on getting the second novel (Saber's Edge) ready to publish next year, in time for the 10th anniversary of the first book (!). I've been writing in it every night lately, and it's coming along well. I'm also planning to update Warrior Born with a few small changes and new cover art, and reduce the price, to help promote the series. I might do a Kickstarter for it, as I did with Wulfgard, and of course supporters of my Patreon will be kept abreast of my progress. I will start posting about it here once I have more to show (artwork, etc.).

So I guess the answer is: it's obviously pretty dead right now, but I'm planning to resurrect it.

Reason I asked question number 2 is that I've seen many authors fall into a trap where travelling distances suddenly make no sense or are too inconsistent. Here's just hoping that won't happen. And even if it does, it's no big deal. It's the story that counts.

Minor spoiler: most of the traveling in the next novel will actually take place in space, between planets, rather than on TN, as I expand the scope of the story. So it shouldn't be an issue. :D

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#686 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,106 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:24 AM

I hope you are right :) Havent forgot about Nova Refuge, but cant do anything really.

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#687 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

• Nova Patron
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

1. Was Judas Mars a member of the Armed Forces of Xarkon?
2. If yes, what rank did he hold in the military?
Lukas S.

#688 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

1. Was Judas Mars a member of the Armed Forces of Xarkon?
2. If yes, what rank did he hold in the military?

Judas Mars was a general in the Xarkon military, but later in life, he became disillusioned with war. Becoming something of a pacifist, he retired from the military to use his doctorate in biology to help people instead of killing them. Some of his research into genetics may have been used in the Enomeg project, much to his dismay. He was under suspicion of aiding the enemy when he disappeared under mysterious circumstances and was declared dead. Some suspect he was silenced by the Crown, possibly even with the help of his son Lucas, who never spoke to him again after his turn to pacifism.

I had plans, back in the day, to incorporate Judas Mars into a spinoff series. Dunno if that will still happen.

-Scorp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users