• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:08 PM

Do you know what the best-selling items in my shop are? I took a look at my statistics from the last 2 years and noticed some interesting things...

1: Flesh Tone - My best selling "item" was just the old button to make all minifigs and decals flesh tone instead of yellow (before I switched to the current system of choosing skin color per-item). Pretty sad, but not unexpected.

2: Brickarms Damien Blade & M1911 pistol - again, not unexpected, since these are the standard sword and pistol items from Brickarms.

3: Historic Stickers - Ever since the Halo craze from the early days of my shop died down, most of my best selling minifigs and stickers have been Historic ones. My all-time best-selling decal is simply the Historic Medieval Tabard & Shields (Knight Templar).

historic_crusader_small.jpg

Other tabards also sell well, and so do my Roman legionary and Ancient Greek stickers. Other top-selling categories include Post-Apoc, Fantasy, and Space Wars.

With that in mind, I would like to add some new Historic items to my shop. So I thought I would ask for suggestions!

The Question: What do you guys think I could add to my current "Historical" selection?

Perhaps some more Tabard & Shield designs? If so, what designs/patterns/emblems? Other types of Roman armor maybe? Armor from other cultures, like Chinese or Japanese or something? Suggest items that you or someone you know would certainly find interesting, and feel free to provide reference pictures! Thanks!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#2 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:15 PM

I think some Samurai themed decals would sell nicely. Maybe some GoT styled decals? I know GoT isn't historic, though, but still.

Viking themed decals possibly. Maybe more tabard designs, like you suggested.

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#3 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:56 PM

Samurai themed figs. Custom barding decals for horses (both new and old styles). Perhaps even some civilian type decals for medieval knights, peasants, nobles, etc.
Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Bilbo_Baggins

Bilbo_Baggins

• Nova Member
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:45 PM

American Civil War themed decals. The only current option for Civil War figs is from the really old Western line on bricklink. Plus LEGO never made Confederacy soldiers.

#5 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

While Samurai would be cool, I think I'd personally prefer viking or even those civil war decals.

...Not that I really have a steady income to buy anything so I can't promise purchases of any kind. ^^;

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#6 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:40 PM

Samurai would sell pretty well I think, for obvious reasons.

E9jL93N.jpg

2004-2018

#7 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:16 PM

Nordic/Viking decals could also be a thing. Especially ones that have tattoos or even scars on them. Ya know, all this decal talk is reminding me that I need to place another order.

Also for existing figs, possibly updating them with some additional BW weapons and armor might add some additional flair.
Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:20 PM

All good suggestions! I had some samurai decals in the pipe already, honestly. :P

Horse barding is a good one! I have a pattern I've been sitting on but I forgot about it. I think it's for the older barding LEGO piece though, not the kind for the newest horses... hmm...

Civil War is also good; I've actually gotten several requests for those. And Vikings are always fun.

I might just try to do all of these... Keep 'em comin' though! ;)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#9 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:47 PM

This technically isn't Historical, but we need MORE Wulfgard decals.

Especially of Errant Characters.

#10 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

Nazis? I know that might spark some back lash back, so maybe Nazi-inspired officers and troops.

Or maybe historical figures?

21.jpg

#11 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:00 PM

Well, he does have Nazi zombie decals, so...

#12 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:20 PM

Nazis? I know that might spark some back lash back, so maybe Nazi-inspired officers and troops.

Or maybe historical figures?

world_war_ii_german_officer_small.jpg

2004-2018

#13 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

Hmm... must've missed those...

Anyways, historical figures. I have a friend who has been working on a Wolfenstein diorama and is looking for a Hitler minifigure, I'll be sure to tell him about the Gestapo that are already here.

21.jpg

#14 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:05 AM

I'd love to see Persians, and I'd really love to see Aztecs. I imagine you could do some pretty awesome warriors.

Some stone age hunter gatherer decals would be quite fun.

And finally, maybe more medieval European decals, but less associated with the Crusades and more jousting? E.g. ornate plate armour. 

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#15 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:55 AM

I have a friend who has been working on a Wolfenstein diorama and is looking for a Hitler minifigure, I'll be sure to tell him about the Gestapo that are already here.

Well, I probably wouldn't go so far as to add a little LEGO Hitler to my shop, lol, but I might be able to help your friend out if he shoots me an email. :P I love classic Wolfenstein and a LEGO of the mecha-Hitler boss would be awesome.

Spoiler

I'd love to see Persians, and I'd really love to see Aztecs. I imagine you could do some pretty awesome warriors.

Some stone age hunter gatherer decals would be quite fun.

And finally, maybe more medieval European decals, but less associated with the Crusades and more jousting? E.g. ornate plate armour. 

The only reason I haven't made more ornate plate armor is because people seem to prefer accessories rather than stickers for that - armor pieces that fit over the neck, like LEGO's breastplate or BrickWarriors type stuff. But I have made some stickers for LEGO's breastplates before (my Wulfgard Inquisitors), so maybe...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#16 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,453 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:20 AM

Expanding the Medieval section is definitely my favorite suggestion, especially Nightstalker's idea of barding armor, which I absolutely support!  Civilian clothes for more classes and trades would be grand, as would gambesons for lower-class soldiers, like the awesome one on the Victor Magnus minifig.  Oh yeah, and decals for customizing external accessories like Brickwarriors' various armor pieces is a good balance between those options.  I'd also be in favor of the viking decals, assuming the various Skyrim decals didn't at least partially cover that field.

I also agree with the suggestions for Civil War minifigs. I vaguely remember the old, old Saber-Scorpion western had to have flashbacks in grayscale, due to the lack of Confederate designs.  Or was it sepia?  I'll have to look at it again.

As for new suggestions, all I could think up was British vs. Zulu to make use of those old Lego pith helmets and Brickwarriors' Iklwa spear and hide shield accessories; and World War I, assuming the new Battlefield 1 would make the latter profitable.

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#17 Sir Solitaire

Sir Solitaire

Plumber

• Nova Member
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:54 PM

Well you could jump on the For Honor boat and put out some more Knights, Vikings, and Samurai decals. Ya know, just coincidental timing of a mid-February update with lots more historical decals

gplus-1832912543.gif

Non ergo in te vocabo

#18 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:17 AM

We're talking historical suggestions and nobody has suggested Normans or Byzantines? I thought I raised you all better than this

Although seriously I see a lot of negligence from medieval decal/customizer dudes in regards to like... the lower classes? There will always be somebody making some variety of 'guy with sword' but I'd love to see outfits more fitting of conscripts, peasantry, courtesans, artisans, etc. and I think the Dark Ages are a nice opening where those designs can be really versatile in applications without as much need for specialization.

You could probably even whip up a system similar to the old Halo decals where you sort of let people customize colors and designs if you had a nice base design to start from.

EDIT: I should clarify when I mention Normans I'm thinking more about shields, banners, and helmet decals more so than just hauberks - a lot of people do hauberks but kinda leave everything else plain and it's a real shame

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#19 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 02:37 AM

We're talking historical suggestions and nobody has suggested Normans or Byzantines? I thought I raised you all better than this

I thought about it, along with Polish Hussars but I'm not going to ask for anything because TBH I probably wouldn't buy any historical figures either way.

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#20 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:49 AM

Well now I need a legofied Bayeux Tapestry. I hope you're happy with yourself.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users