• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Burngirl

Burngirl

You are clear for takeoff.

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

For those of you who don't know, I'm Burngirl. One of the few women on the server, and I love Minecraft. I spent my childhood among mountains of Lego and loved my time spent creating cars and things that moved and many many other fun creations.

When Minecraft came out, I was shy about it . . . until I actually tried it. I became addicted to the game in a healthy way. It was practically digital Lego but in an rpg style. When Creative mode came out, I was all for it and I was creating like a madman (or rather madwoman).

The other topic has sunk to the bottom of the ocean so to speak, so I'd thought I'd put up what I've been up to lately, and I'll try to keep this updated weekly unlike my other topic.

I will format it in such a way that I will choose one picture of the featured building(s), and if you want to see the inside details and different angles and such, you can click on my album's link.

Here's for starters:

Spoiler

Link to album if you feel the urge to check out the details of the Egyptian structures and lantern:
http://s597.photobuc...raft Creations/

Edited by Burngirl, 17 September 2012 - 09:07 AM.

Posted Image

Photograph by me, editions made in Paint.net

Click the picture if you want to see my photography collection.

#2 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:57 AM

Here's an update of a little lantern house I just finished.

It's two stories. The top floor is the living room; the floor below has a waterfall and a little garden. I didn't have too much room to put more in like I would like, but I'm satisfied with it.

If you can post with feedback it would be appreciated. It's true it's not drawing, but still it's something I like to do, and I'd like to spread some inspiration to those who do draw and more.

Spoiler

If you'd like to see more, click on the link. The details of this particular lantern house are on page 1.
http://s597.photobuc...raft Creations/

Posted Image

#3 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

Personally, I'm not a minecraftite... minecraftoid... minecrafter? I don't play minecraft. :P But I gotta say those look really cool. I love the whimsical idea of a house being this giant, dangling lantern. Sounds like it should be right out of Alice in Wonderland. Not to mention it looks really cool.

Nice work! I hope you make some more of these really sweet whimsical designs. :D

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#4 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Personally, I'm not a minecraftite... minecraftoid... minecrafter? I don't play minecraft. :P But I gotta say those look really cool. I love the whimsical idea of a house being this giant, dangling lantern. Sounds like it should be right out of Alice in Wonderland. Not to mention it looks really cool.

Nice work! I hope you make some more of these really sweet whimsical designs. :D

Thanks, Harry.

I've been making these designs for about a year now, and I plan on keep making them. There's more in my album from previous designs. I love coming up with more.

Thanks again!

Posted Image

#5 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

Big update to make up for the last couple days of absence.

If you like Stargate, you might like this.

Spoiler

The pictures might look better on my album's website:

http://s597.photobuc...!cpZZ2QQtppZZ20

Edited by Burngirl, 24 September 2012 - 06:41 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

The city is almost finished! Sorry I haven't updated in a long while.

Here's what the city looks like so far:

Spoiler

I'd say I'm about two-thirds of the way done.

Here are two more buildings I've added (maybe three. :P I lost count.)

Spoiler

I would like some feedback since it's almost finished and I was wondering how other people could like these new designs. Anywho, if you have the time to check it out, here's the album: http://s597.beta.pho...ions?view=media

Thanks for hanging around. ;)

Posted Image

#7 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

When Minecraft came out, I was shy about it . . . until I actually tried it. I became addicted to the game in a healthy way.

Same thing happened to me last week. (except that I almost disliked Minecraft before I tried it... :P) That's what brought me here, looking around for a Minecraft topic. (I might make one in the Red Base soon) Personally, I prefer survival mode, because it's just so dang hard to build something decent and I love it.

The city is almost finished!

*looks at pictures*
It's very imaginative, and you are waaay better at sculptures and houses than me. Great job! ^_^
By the way, your post was about a month ago, sooo... are you done? It would be nice to see the progress.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#8 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

*looks at pictures*
It's very imaginative, and you are waaay better at sculptures and houses than me. Great job! ^_^
By the way, your post was about a month ago, sooo... are you done? It would be nice to see the progress.

The site died before I could finish the towers. I've been waiting for a good seed to come around before I pounce on it and I've been waiting for Single Player Commands to update so I can do some world edit to start building again. Yeah, it's been a long long time. I've been working. :(

Posted Image

#9 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

Okay. Badly -- okay -- extremely badly needed update.

So I'm on this server: Iron Shovel and I've found a fantastic place to put up base rather than join Dense and gang. I may move there at some point but I have dis to keep me busy.

If you're on the server, feel free to join me in building a town in the ravines. Right now there's tons of exploring to do and whatever you find (ores, diamonds, etc.) is all yours. Plenty of space, all you have to do is dig your own home in the walls of the ravine or inhabit an entire cave. I highly encourage creativity.

Okay. Back on subject.
Here is the update:

Spoiler

Here's the link to the album so you can see the ravines and some of the decorating I'm getting around to. ;)

http://s597.beta.pho...rl2008/library/

Posted Image

#10 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

Holy cow... that is all insane. It makes me wish I had the game, honestly... It's beautiful, especially all the lantern things.

#11 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:15 PM

What's with all the Bird-house houses? Oh, and where is the Minecraft server?

#12 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:27 PM

The server's down, and, well, the lantern, bird houses are something I like to build, and they make me happy.

Posted Image

#13 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,840 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:34 AM

Very interesting designs there Burngirl. I remember playing Minecraft, made a military base with jets and helicopters flying over. Good times, good times. Are you still making these lantern homes in Minecraft?

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

#14 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:52 AM

Very interesting designs there Burngirl. I remember playing Minecraft, made a military base with jets and helicopters flying over. Good times, good times. Are you still making these lantern homes in Minecraft? 

Thank you.

I haven't made one in years, but that doesn't mean I won't pick it up again.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Minecraft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users