Photo

Spider-Man: Rinse and Repeat

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Spider-Man: Rinse and Repeat

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What is your favorite live action Spider-Man suit?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Mr. Skeli'n

Mr. Skeli'n

kick me

• Nova Member
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:27 PM

Carnage is soooo underrated. There was an SNES game that I distinctly remember being awesome featuring Venom and some incarnation of Carnage, where Carnage was blue and red. Can't find it though.

#42 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:21 PM

One of these, maybe?

snes_spider-man_venom_separation_p_0xq4x

47755_front.jpg

I love both of these games' titles. 

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#43 Mr. Skeli'n

Mr. Skeli'n

kick me

• Nova Member
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:09 PM

It was one of those for sure, but I'm convinced the sprites for Carnage had some blue, and neither of those games did. :|

#44 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,762 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:23 PM

POPULAR

I know the internet would drown in fanboy tears, but I'd really like it if Spidey's costume ended up being like that probably-fake one that was rumoured a couple of weeks ago:

CMElTwnUAAA9DFW.jpg

Have Tony Stark build him a proper Spider-Man costume when he joins the Avengers, of course, but I've always hated the idea of Peter Parker apparently being a world class seamstress in his spare time. The other movies just take the easy way out by montage-ing it.

#45 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:25 PM

To be fair, how does he get the suit in the comics? I liked that ASM at least had him searching for legitimate materials online...

Regardless, I do like the concept of a very home-made suit. Idk how I feel about that one in particular (mostly the shoe... things... Idk, I have a feet thing. I always wear socks even around the house.)

#46 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:08 AM

I'd really like it if Spidey's costume ended up being like that probably-fake one that was rumoured a couple of weeks ago:

I agree. Although that particular design bothers me because of all the exposed skin and the bulge in the belly. But that photo is definitely fake. I saw it plenty of times in the past few years. I think the artist first released it in 2013 or something. :P

I liked that ASM at least had him searching for legitimate materials online...

...and then he proceeded to make the suit out of basketballs. Seriously, I love how they went, "A teenager can totally make it!" by adding those ugly yellow sunglasses for eyes and the impractical shoe bottoms on his feet, and then made the rest of the suit completely impossible for any normal teen to make. At least, any teen that's hiding it from everyone in the world.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, except for the eyes and the shoes I really did like the Amazing Spider-Man costume. But adding the two worst parts for the sole purpose of making the suit look 'homemade' was ridiculous. The suit does not look homemade.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#47 Florent

Florent

bWa bwa bWA

• Nova Member
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:57 PM

Which is why it would be 100% cash money if they used that hoodie concept that Adamska posted earlier.

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#48 Mr. Skeli'n

Mr. Skeli'n

kick me

• Nova Member
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

I agree. Although that particular design bothers me because of [...] the bulge in the belly. 

To be completely honest, jacket/hoodies like that  (with a cuffed hem thing at the waist) almost ALWAYS have a bulge in the belly. Because they're so long that they ride up your legs and if you're wearing a shirt underneath that gets bunched up, making it look like you have an actual bulge.

#49 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:37 PM

It's been a while since there's been any Spidey news whatsoever, unfortunately. However, Marvel has a piece of Spidey merch for Civil War may have taken inspiration from the actual costume design:
IMG_7806-510x510.jpg

gTAoKX.gif

#50 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:26 PM

I have great appreciation for the first two Sam Raimi movies, though I admit that Garfield's acting was great.  :P

The Raimi films had some good bits to them, and I do like Raimi's directing in general. I just could never stand Tobey Maguire and felt like his Peter Parker was just way too whiny - not so much in terms of his actions or even his lines, just the way he acted. I always kinda felt like he was just not suited at all to play Peter, although as Spider-Man he felt a lot better, like he was way more suited to that aspect of the character. 

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

ezgif_com_b873041021.gif

#51 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:24 PM

I don't really see what you mean. He didn't seem whiny to me-- at least, not without good reason.

gTAoKX.gif

#52 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:47 AM

I didn't care for either Tobey or Kirsten in Raimi's Spider-Man movies. I didn't hate Tobey's Peter Parker, but I felt his Spider-Man was weak. Spidey's supposed to wise-crack and have a fake kind of confidence to hide his fear, and Tobey just didn't have that. Kirsten wasn't the fighter MJ is supposed to be either. She was too "girl next door" and not enough "Go get'em Tiger." MJ didn't have that kind of kick-ass confidence I feel she is supposed to.

I haven't seen the new films. They just kind of fell off my radar. Maybe I'll check them out sometime soon. Curious to see how an MCU Spider will be though.

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#53 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:19 AM

I didn't care for either Tobey or Kirsten in Raimi's Spider-Man movies. I didn't hate Tobey's Peter Parker, but I felt his Spider-Man was weak. Spidey's supposed to wise-crack and have a fake kind of confidence to hide his fear, and Tobey just didn't have that. Kirsten wasn't the fighter MJ is supposed to be either. She was too "girl next door" and not enough "Go get'em Tiger." MJ didn't have that kind of kick-ass confidence I feel she is supposed to.

See, but that's really the writing, not the acting. If that counts, then yeah, Tobey's Spidey needed to joke a lot more than he did. Also, Kirsten wasn't really playing Mary Jane. She was playing Gwen Stacy + Liz Allen with a tiny bit of Mary Jane mixed in. The reason they picked the name "Mary Jane" was that she was the one Peter ended up with in the comics. *shrug*

This has always sounded like a stupid compromise between the two, but honestly it's true: Andrew was the best Spider-Man, and Tobey was the best Peter Parker. That's why I wish the Amazing Spider-Man movies had more Spider-Man action and less of the whole "what happened to my parents?!" thing. That whole obsession with where his parents went really ruined the Peter Parker parts for me.

gTAoKX.gif

#54 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:04 PM

I won't say I loved the whole parent subplot, but I have to disagree with you on the Peter Parker bit. I thought Garfield was much better suited to the character at large--both sides. Sure, Parker's a nerd. That doesn't mean he can't have some inherently good looks or ride a skateboard. Nerd/Geek/Whatever-ness is changing. Garfield's Parker was still plenty awkward, and in all the right ways IMO.

From discussion elsewhere I've heard that the hoodie isn't likely to be that close to the suit design; the most we can really expect to be the same is the Spider Logo. They could be wrong, though *shrug*

#55 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

So everybody knows that on March 10, we got this.

Personally, I love the new suit; but I was wondering what everybody else thinks. Instead of doing one of those pesky status polls that I do, I made an actual poll in this topic for your favorite live action Spider-Man suit.

gTAoKX.gif

#56 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:36 PM

Personally, the new suit has kind of grown on me. I do like the general proportions, color palette, and the eyes. No armpit webs though. However, I don't know what it was, but when it was revealed in the trailer, it seemed utterly and completely CGI. I take no problem with the use of CGI in movies; in a matter of fact, when it works, it usually gets ignored. But something about the texture and movement felt simulated. Something about it didn't feel skeuomorphic enough. Admittedly, it could be a real suit and the problem is just due to the material of the suite being the classic smooth, rubberish style that resembles some of the cloth simulation techniques from early 2000's CGI, in which case, it's totally just me.

Or maybe it is a CGI effect, that just showed its strings in that moment, but is better for the rest of the movie.

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#57 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:04 AM

I don't really get the criticism of things looking too CGI or not real. Maybe it's because I was introduced to a lot of less-than-real special effects in movies and shows when I was little, and I just never let it bother me.

gTAoKX.gif

#58 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:54 AM

I feel you on that, Ouflah. Like, I can complain and whine and be picky about everything like nobody's business, but I generally try not to be that guy.

I come on here and see how picky everyone is, and how particular they can get about this character portrayal, or that bit of dialogue, and I just sit back, like "Come on, can't we stop being critics for a second and enjoy a movie?"

I dunno what it is, but I can turn on critic mode if I need to, to judge a movie for it's actual quality, but generally speaking, I have enjoyed most every movie I've ever seen. Even the terrible ones, like Transformers, G.I. Joe, etc. I just prefer to let myself enjoy things rather than nitpick them to death.

I enjoyed every Spider-Man movie so far, even the poorer bits with emo-Pete, and what-happened-to-my-parents-Pete.

But I cannot even put into words how incredibly and utterly excited I am that my dream has finally come true. Spider-Man. In the MCU. I could cry.

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#59 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

If every porkchop were perfect . . .

• Nova Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:09 AM

http://www.gamesrada...ld-glover-cast/

So you know how there was like a fan-made campaign for Donald Glover to play the next Spidey a while back? Well he just got cast in the next Spiderman movie in an unnamed role. It's possible (however unlikely) that they could be doing a double-Spidey team-up movie with both Pete and Miles, with Donald playing the latter. Unlikely, as Marvel seems to be almost incapable of adding any diversity whatsoever to their films, but it would be amazing, a very bold move, and would almost certainly pay off. Everyone's scene the Petey Spidey origin story by now. If you haven't, it;s really your fault. So what new thing could they possibly do to make this new movie less of a bore?

Add a second Spiderman. That would be epic.

There were also rumors a bit ago that they added a character from the Miles comic line (Ganke, his best friend) but the director debunked that, I think. Still, we can always hope.

On May 9, 2011, HolyGhost said...
POWERSLIDE

heroes_and_villains_header___small_by_ra

Click the picture to check out Reaperman290's new roleplay, Heroes & Villains!

no I'm not just advertising it because it's a spin-off of my own roleplay why would you think that

#60 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

Unlikely, as Marvel seems to be almost incapable of adding any diversity whatsoever to their films

That's a bit... dubious. Marvel's been getting better in recent films, and the non-white dude characters featured generally tend to be pretty cool (Black Panther especially was downright awesome). Plus, Homecoming has racked up a much more diverse cast so far, so we might actually get a semi-accurate representation of Queens. 

Donald Glover getting cast is cool, not a chance in hell he's playing Miles Morales. Putting aside the fact that he is way way way too old, introducing any extra Spider-People in this film would be a total mistake, one I don't really expect Marvel to blunder into. At most, we might get more Spiders when they do a sequel to this film or when Sony spins off their own stuff, but that'd be years and years out.

If they ever do introduce Miles to the MCU, it'll be when Tom Holland calls it quits, not before.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

ezgif_com_b873041021.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users