Posted Image
Set list:
  • #79106 LEGO Lone Ranger Cavalry Builder
  • #79107 LEGO Lone Ranger Comanche Camp
  • #79108 LEGO Lone Ranger Stagecoach Escape
  • #79109 LEGO Lone Ranger Colby City Showdown
  • #79110 LEGO Lone Ranger Silver Mine Shootout
  • #79111 LEGO Lone Ranger Constitution Train Chase
Scorp. Scorp, please. Can we get another Scorp and Xerx Wild West comic?
That would be the best.

I DO NEAT THINGS WITH COMICS

Cheeso's One Offs and Pilots

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9064

#2 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

Oh. My. God.

My first ever LEGO set was from the really ancient old west line. I wanna buy all these man.

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#3 Lord English

Lord English

You're DARN TOOTIN i love to roughhouse!!!

• Nova Member
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

WOW WOW WOW WOW. These look ridiculously awesome! I can't wait for them to come out!

Another wild west comic would be awesome

rsz_1gebwrhyswjipiqhompdmu0yecrcevjcvkpr

All Hail the Emperor and Senate of the Byzantine Empire

#4 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Pretty neat! I just hope the movie is good now! :D

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#5 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

No Confederates? Sad day... :P

#6 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

LEGO got one hell of a contract with Disney.

Marvel heroes.

Pirates of the Caribeans.

Lone Ranger.

Prince of Persia.

And now we could say Star Wars, too.

Does that mean Disney will buy LEGO in the following years ?

#7 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

It's highly likely, given the CEO of Disney's plan to buy major companies out and incorporate them into Disney's ever growing monopoly on the world. :P

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#8 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

Disney's a conglomerate and power mogul but I doubt they'd buy LEGOs anytime soon. Legos is itself a whole separate company with tons and tons of lines that have nothing to do with Disney's intentions. Rather, it's LEGO who pays to use licenses like Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Disney acquired more titles for LEGO to buy really.

EDIT: Looking back, I guess Disney could buy the Lego corporation to get access to things like Ninjago (which I think is a Nickelodeon deal) or all those individual lines to work with. There could even be cartoon spin-offs for certain lines, because toys and cartoons go hand-in-hand for marketing. However this is all a real stretch. Don't expect a major buyout so soon from Disney.

As for the sets, I'm just so glad to see Western again. None of that Toy Story imitations. Real saloons and trains. It's funny, you know? A lot of us remember the original Western line with Union soldiers and cowboys and Indians and it was great. Props to the rich kids who could afford the big ol' Union fort with all that lumber and rifles. I look at these and I see the simpler, more colorful Western versions. I'm not mad, and I understand this is a movie line and not a whole toy line. It gives me hope for more western renewal.

giphy.gif

#9 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,906 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

Fortunately, LEGO is still a privately owned company, so Disney can't just up and buy them out, at least.

Anyway, I would have preferred another generic Wild West line, but I guess there are some cool parts in here. And lots of the new horses, which is nice. I just wish there was a flat-brimmed cowboy hat so I could finally make The Man with No Name... :(

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#10 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Anyway, I would have preferred another generic Wild West line, but I guess there are some cool parts in here. And lots of the new horses, which is nice. I just wish there was a flat-brimmed cowboy hat so I could finally make The Man with No Name... :(

A minifig of The Man with No Name would be the best mini ever.

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#11 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

Detailed pics of a couple of the sets:

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

2004-2018

#12 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Those horses. :wub:

Yeah, I'll be getting some sets just for the new horse design in those colors. It'll be nice to have a non-Ringwraith black horse, and now I can finally give Theoden a white one. The other stuff, though... meh. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#13 Princess Bacon

Princess Bacon

burn the internet

• Nova Member
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

New revolvers, nice hats and more suit torsos. I think I'm in love with this line.

#14 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

And now we have detailed pics of everything.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

So now that we've seen everything...yeah, I think I'm gonna be passing this line up. Not because it looks bad or anything, but there's just not really anything that makes me go "OMG I've got to get this". Also fleshies are always a negative.

2004-2018

#15 Dimwik

Dimwik

That creepy kid staring at you

• 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

fifty bucks some ignorant over sensitive parent will think lego is racist due to the fact that the north americans in the sets live in teepee's and wear face paint.

also i will buy every single set they manage to keep on the shelves at the local TRU , probably doubles.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep, like Grandpa. Not screaming in terror, like the other people in his car.

#16 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

fifty bucks some ignorant over sensitive parent will think lego is racist due to the fact that the north americans in the sets live in teepee's and wear face paint.

Erm ... o_O ... What exactly do you mean ?

#17 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,906 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

If anyone gets accused of racism, stereotyping, cultural appropriation, etc., about the portrayal of Native Americans here, it would be Disney, not LEGO. Since it's based on the Disney movie. But I'm sure they and their lawyers are prepared for it. :\

I have no interest in the movie, and I'll probably pass on most of the sets too, but I'm planning to grab the stagecoach at least. It looks pretty cool, and I can evaluate the new hats & guns while also getting a pair of non-evil-Ringwraith-looking black new horses, as Wolfy mentioned.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#18 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Honestly, I think I'm with Thrawn here. Although I wouldn't mind getting the sets, I don't see anything that makes me want to go out and grab them. They're nice little sets but I don't know, they seem...sparse? Is that the right word? I think the only one I would pay for is the Stagecoach one. Or maybe a Calvary Builder set. Decent amount of guns, dudes, stuff and probably at the army builder price ($10).

giphy.gif

#19 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

I have no interest in the movie, and I'll probably pass on most of the sets too, but I'm planning to grab the stagecoach at least. It looks pretty cool, and I can evaluate the new hats & guns while also getting a pair of non-evil-Ringwraith-looking black new horses, as Wolfy mentioned.

Yeah I was planning on getting the stage coach, it would look pretty sweet next to my Emerald Night. Also I really want that town scene, it reminds me of that old Wild West set with the same set-up (Jail/Sheriff's Office and Bank), which was my one and only Wild West set.Other than that, not too much. Would give me an excuse to get back into LEGOs just a little bit and make a wild west town for fun.
Old timer

#20 SaintPanda

SaintPanda

The One True Procratinator

• 42 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

A quick question- Are the Lone Ranger Union Soldier hats the ones used for the TTOM Rick Radcliff in the meeting of the Victory Officers? I found a Lone Ranger line on Bricklink with those same hats, and I was wondering if those were from the new sets or an old discontinued line.

Edited by SaintPanda, 11 June 2013 - 08:24 PM.

So...I write stuff!  Yay.

Here's a link to some of it - 

MY WORKS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users