• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#21 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Self-Ejected
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

Yep because a two and a half minute trailer totally shows the entirety of the show and gives you reason to make vague comments.

That trailer made the show look like one of those awful 45-minute 1990's TV shows that tried really hard but fell flat on their face.This looks as bad as that Justice League TV show from the 90's where they had everyone BUT Justlice League members that mattered.

I'm sorry if a show appears to be incredibly unappealing and off-putting to me, and that it's creation is for the sole reason to make a buck, you know it to be true.

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#22 Darknoon

Darknoon

hail hydra

• 1,273 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

Nobody cares that you dislike the show, Mike. People are annoyed with how you express the dislike, as the way you phrase yourself comes across as insulting to those who like whatever you dislike. So don't play the "gosh why won't you guys let me have an opinion card," because that isn't the issue people have with that post. Your post was both rude and useless, as it was nothing but your opinion, with no reasoning given as to how you reached your verdict.

I think S.H.I.E.L.D looks pretty neat, and I liked Coulson, though admittedly everybody's reaction to his death was a bit overdone. Avengers was also great, though I can see why Ocelot disliked it, as I didn't like a lot of the minor characters and some of the finer details, but eh.

I wonder when it will air here in Britannia?

My comic, which I'd appreciate you reading:
Posted Image

#23 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Self-Ejected
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

Nobody cares that you dislike the show, Mike. People are annoyed with how you express the dislike, as the way you phrase yourself comes across as insulting to those who like whatever you dislike. So don't play the "gosh why won't you guys let me have an opinion card," because that isn't the issue people have with that post. Your post was both rude and useless, as it was nothing but your opinion, with no reasoning given as to how you reached your verdict.

tumblr_mer1pirN7D1qgk9r3o1_500.png

(mikey awaaay)

EDIT: If that's how you read my post, that's your problem, not mine. I legitimately think this show looks bad and I was being facetious for the most part. Most stuff on TV isn't very good and this looks just as bad.

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#24 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

I wasn't offended or anything, but you could actually back up your opinion a bit.

Anyways, it's probably a fairly safe bet that I'm the only one starting to think about how to make the team out of Legos... :lego_umm:  :lego_grin:

#25 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hey this looks pretty cool, I'll definitely sit through the pilot at least. :P As long as it's better than Arrow...

#26 Jethro Turtle

Jethro Turtle

Century Sergeant

• Validating
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

Hey this looks pretty cool, I'll definitely sit through the pilot at least. :P As long as it's better than Arrow...

Personally I thought Arrow was pretty good towards the end, or I just really love the Green Arrow Character.

Posted Image

Remeber The Blue Team of JlBlue.

#27 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

I figure I should revive this topic, now that the show is officially on. We're already Week 2 as it is.

Is anyone liking the show? I have to agree with IGN on this one that it still needs a lot of work, but it definitely has the potential to be a very enjoyable "A-Team meets Indiana Jones" type thing.

Coulson is still awesome as ever, but I'm gonna have to get used to all the newbies.

Spoiler

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#28 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

Seeing as I have yet to watch the second episode, I'm ignoring the spoiler, for now... That said, mine is from the first one :P

Spoiler

#29 Spark

Spark

• Nova Patron
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

If you haven't seen

from episode 2, the link is in there.

Personally thought it was the funniest thing I've seen in the MCU since the whole Shawarma thing in the Avengers.

Spoiler

PXwSeJy.png

#30 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,165 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

I had such expectations for a comic book show created by Joss Whedon.

So far, they have not been met except for brief flashes of glory.

I'm gonna give it two more episodes before I decide if Joss still has it in the television world.

lWZ8e6F.png

#31 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

I had such expectations for a comic book show created by Joss Whedon.

So far, they have not been met except for brief flashes of glory.

I'm gonna give it two more episodes before I decide if Joss still has it in the television world.

Well, he did create the show, and directed the pilot, which is pretty hard to do... The next episodes won't even be directed by him. He's probably busy enough with Age of Ultron.

#32 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:57 AM

Spoiler
XD

#33 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Gentleman Psychopath, 09 October 2013 - 12:31 AM.

mudkip.png

#34 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

Spoiler

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#35 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

So I know this topic is old and everybody hates the show, but I've been staying current... I know one of the things that the show was lacking was definitely more tie-in to the MCU than just visiting Grenwich because Thor had been there. And really the show's not that bad. Here's hoping tonight's episode will pick it up a bit...

1898000_10152239747062488_1369180701_n.j

#36 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

So I know this topic is old and everybody hates the show, but I've been staying current... I know one of the things that the show was lacking was definitely more tie-in to the MCU than just visiting Grenwich because Thor had been there. And really the show's not that bad. Here's hoping tonight's episode will pick it up a bit...

I like the show. Up until episode 10 it was a slow build, but it is consistent with the universe, and on the normal human side.

Also tonight is Enchantress' sister coming to Midgard and Sif tracking her. Must. See.

Also they are slowly including more and more characters from Marvel, even if they are relatively unknown ...

#37 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:30 AM

I like the show. Up until episode 10 it was a slow build, but it is consistent with the universe, and on the normal human side.

Also tonight is Enchantress' sister coming to Midgard and Sif tracking her. Must. See.

Also they are slowly including more and more characters from Marvel, even if they are relatively unknown ...

I started to lose interest when it was just boring episode after boring episode one after another with the same repeating story. The only episode I liked really was the one where they introduced graviton and that was only because they introduced graviton. Theres to much drama and clichéd storylines in it. It made me sad to stop watching because I so dearly wanted it to be good. I feel like they needed to go after more super powered characters and tone down the drama and make it just a little more fantastical as opposed to realistic agents studying science anomalies in the marvel universe

mudkip.png

#38 Spark

Spark

• Nova Patron
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:02 AM

Ok, so can we revive this and talk about how friggin' awesome the past 3 weeks have been for this show? Regardless of the fact that it took a major revelation in a MCU movie to make it better, that's still improvement, and it's been all but must-see since the reveal.

Spoiler

also

Spoiler

PXwSeJy.png

#39 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,670 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

I know, right? I had preeeeetty much zero interest in this show for a long time, never really bothered watching it on purpose and when I accidentally saw it on TV I couldn't really be bothered. The Adventures of Some Losers Who Say 'Thor' Every Now And Then, yaknow? I caught a bit of that one episode with the Asgardian staff, and later a snippet from that one where they visit the SHIELD academy and there's a sullen guy who gets frozen in the middle of a lecture, and after that I was feeling pretty confident about my decision not to watch this show.

But then Captain America 2 happened, and that movie did such a number on me that I'm still riding a wave of euphoria and Marvel-fanboyness (which has never happened before! I honestly thought I was a DC guy all these years). Gaaaawd it was so good! Did you see that part where Chris Evans was the best? It started right after the Marvel logo and continued until the credits. Anyway, yeah, that movie had such huge implications for the Marvel movie-verse that I just needed something to occupy that part of my brain that loves obsessing over dumb things like this. I watched The Avengers again, but it obviously couldn't scratch the specific itch that Cap 2's revelations brought on (I do like that movie a lot more than I used to, though, so there's that). Eventually I remembered that dumb show that I'd already mentally written off without watching more than 15 minutes of it, and I thought I'd give it a second chance.

OK, so before we get to how it is now, I just want to briefly waffle about pre-Cap-2 Agents of SHIELD: I kinda liked it. Shaky start, no doubt, not to mention an awful lot of tired character stereotypes. Not one but two each of the hard-nosed military badass and the awkward say-it-again-in-English nerdy scientist! That guy who's Dethlok now (Gunn from Angel) is just the worst on this show, and there was so much pointless time-wasting with dumb villains-of-the-week that never showed up again. Remember Scorch? Ugh. But I feel like they hit their stride... well, reasonably quickly. The obvious comparison is the other comicbook TV show that started out rough and got better, Arrow, and I honestly think Agents of SHIELD pulled itself together quicker than Arrow did. I mean, Arrow still has a lot of the Bold and the Beautiful pointless drama going on, but it got awesome by throwing plot twists all over the place and having awesome DC cameos every week, whereas I think AoS actually made good on its characters and started telling some interesting stories. And now that AoS is throwing the plot twists too I think it's probably my favourite of the two shows.

So, yeah, Agents of SHIELD went from OKish to incredible practically overnight, huh? Are we spoilerising? I guess we should spoilerise:

Spoiler

#40 Spark

Spark

• Nova Patron
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:05 AM

tumblr_inline_n4tpykQNzK1rp1sdt.gif

Spoiler

WAT!?

PXwSeJy.png