Doctor Who

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#21 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Nova Patron
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:43 AM

More GIFs, because Doctor Who is awesome!
Spoiler

I host the SSLF Minecraft Server. Head on over to Red Base to get added to the whitelist. If you would like to help out with paying the hosting bills, please do donate.

Also, have you considered becoming a Nova Member?

#22 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:39 AM

'...You think you can just shoot me?'

'They're Americans!'

'Don't shoot! Definitely don't shoot!'

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#23 Sniper-Serpent

Sniper-Serpent

Tick Tick Boom

• Nova Patron
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:16 AM

I like Rory. Unlike the whole Rose/Mickey thing, the Doctor genuinely seems to like him, and is trying his best to get the two together.

He didn't kill them, he just sent them back to the Time War, 'cuz you really, really can't kill off the Master permanently. He's just too iconic, like the Daleks. He's the Joker to the Doctor's Batman, so to speak.

My TV station didn't have the previous season until today, So i have watched 8 of them today. So i haven't seen the new one yet. I'm liking rory too.

And my mistake, I haven
t actually seen that one. But he did kill them all anyways, since he killed them in the time war, so he sent them back to be killed by him.
Posted Image
Proud member of Aperature science.

#24 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Nova Patron
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:19 AM

My TV station didn't have the previous season until today, So i have watched 8 of them today. So i haven't seen the new one yet. I'm liking rory too.

And my mistake, I havent actually seen that one. But he did kill them all anyways, since he killed them in the time war, so he sent them back to be killed by him.

T'was pretty cool. They had James Bond playing the evil Timelord Prime Minister!

I am a bit tired with the whole 'Lets kill the Daleks off for the last time ever!' before Davis' realises he can't come up with aliens, so he has to bring them back. Only to forget about his earlier trouble, and kill them off for ever and ever again.

I really hope Moffat doesn't do that. He made a good decision by having the power-ranger Daleks escape.

I host the SSLF Minecraft Server. Head on over to Red Base to get added to the whitelist. If you would like to help out with paying the hosting bills, please do donate.

#25 Nemesis

Nemesis

It's a mumorpuger!

• 825 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

"I'm up here being very clever, so if your not up there being impressed what's the point in bringing you along?"
One of the best lines in the episode.

Spoiler

Edited by Nemesis, 23 April 2011 - 03:17 PM.

...I really need to think up something witty to put here.

#26 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Patron
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

"I'm up here being very clever, so if your not up there being impressed what's the point in bringing you along?"
One of the best lines in the episode.

Spoiler

Spoiler

~ Golden-Star

#27 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

Spoiler

what? No. No. Just...No.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#28 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Patron
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

what? No. No. Just...No.

Well, that's what I said when

Spoiler

I hope it won't become a common saying Doctor Who fans, but it looks that way so far.

~ Golden-Star

#29 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

Spoiler

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#30 Nemesis

Nemesis

It's a mumorpuger!

• 825 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:48 PM

Yeah I'm with Richard on this one.
Spoiler

#31 Dr Blood-Snake

Dr Blood-Snake

There are no men like me

• Nova Patron
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

Yeah I'm with Richard on this one.

Spoiler

I've heard that in a few places, but I'm not seeing it. Am I just missing something?

"Do you still love her?"
"Almost as much as I hate her."

#32 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Nova Patron
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:43 PM

As we're all using spoiler tags now, I reckon we don't need them anymore. It's been 24 hours. Everyone in America watched it on the BBC and everyone in Australia has... acquired it by now.

Definitely not the Doctor's child. That's just a bit weird really. No, it'll be poor Rory. He wants a child anyway (Amy's Choice, last series. 'Big as a boat'). If the child in the spacesuit was Amy's child, I'm not sure how that would really work. Why on Earth would she be in Florida, 1969?

I'm not worried about Amy shooting the astronaut either. River shot 6 rounds from one of the sexiest guns ever created, and the astronaut didn't even break step.

An issue I can see needing to be resolved is Amy yelling 'I'm saving your life!' as she shoots the astronaut. Paradox ensues.

EDIT: I also feel like watch The Lodger again. I need to find out what that spaceship is doing there.

Spoilered for size.
Spoiler

#33 Nemesis

Nemesis

It's a mumorpuger!

• 825 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:16 PM

If the child in the spacesuit was Amy's child, I'm not sure how that would really work. Why on Earth would she be in Florida, 1969?

I'm not really sure either. Obviously it would require some sort of transport capable of travelling through time and space. But even by Doctor Who's standards, that seems a little far fetched. :rolleyes:

#34 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Patron
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:00 AM

As we're all using spoiler tags now, I reckon we don't need them anymore. It's been 24 hours. Everyone in America watched it on the BBC and everyone in Australia has... acquired it by now.

Definitely not the Doctor's child. That's just a bit weird really. No, it'll be poor Rory. He wants a child anyway (Amy's Choice, last series. 'Big as a boat'). If the child in the spacesuit was Amy's child, I'm not sure how that would really work. Why on Earth would she be in Florida, 1969?

I'm not worried about Amy shooting the astronaut either. River shot 6 rounds from one of the sexiest guns ever created, and the astronaut didn't even break step.

An issue I can see needing to be resolved is Amy yelling 'I'm saving your life!' as she shoots the astronaut. Paradox ensues.

EDIT: I also feel like watch The Lodger again. I need to find out what that spaceship is doing there.

Spoilered for size.

Spoiler

Yeh, I agree. I wasn't actually being serious when I said it was the Doctor's child. That would be weird. And I'm not worried about that bullet either, even though Amy seemed sure it would do something when she fired.

I just watched the episode for the third time :P. In the occasion lapses of Karen Gillam's bad acting, it really is hilarious.

~ Golden-Star

#35 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Nova Patron
  • 777 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:51 AM

I just watched the episode for the third time :P. In the occasion lapses of Karen Gillam's bad acting, it really is hilarious.

Karen does have her moments. I think she did a pretty goof job when crying over the Doctor's body. Still, The Legs does the comedy very well.

I think Catherine Tate was probably the best supporting actress of the new series. Not only did she superbly perform the comedy in Doctor Who, she really showed the transition of Donna's character beautifully. I think the finale of series 4 was the greatest insult to Doctor Who possible, but what came after was the most fantastic piece of writing Russel T Davis has ever produced. He created the most tragic fate imaginable for Donna. Donna started on Doctor Who as someone absorbed in forcing a marriage and was entirely focused on her meaningless life. But then the Doctor showed her how to be so much more. He showed her the universe and changed her character. And to have that stripped from her, and return to her former self-absorbed self? It was the most heart-crushing piece of writing and the portrayal of that scene by David Tennant, Bernard Cribbons and Catherine Tate is a testament to their acting careers.

#36 Flying Ace

Flying Ace

BWAH!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:53 AM

So I just watched the episode (little late, I know...) and my theories are thus far:

The astronaught who shoots Dr. Who is River Song. His attitude towards the spaceman suggets some form of trust to it and the fact she has admited that she will kill Dr. Who sometime in the furture (Series 5). And we will probably see that his death was something he rigged up in hopes of triggering a series of events that will save humanity from the Silence (used Wikipedia to find out their name). Rather scary things that cause some humorous scenes: "All's clear."

Now for the kid: No idea...

Posted Image

#37 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Patron
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:02 PM

So I just watched the episode (little late, I know...) and my theories are thus far:

The astronaught who shoots Dr. Who is River Song. His attitude towards the spaceman suggets some form of trust to it and the fact she has admited that she will kill Dr. Who sometime in the furture (Series 5). And we will probably see that his death was something he rigged up in hopes of triggering a series of events that will save humanity from the Silence (used Wikipedia to find out their name). Rather scary things that cause some humorous scenes: "All's clear."

Now for the kid: No idea...

wow... despite the lack of any evidence whatsoever, I find myself believing that. But how could she then act normally towards the Doctor when they meet for the last/first time in Silence in the Library? And that saving humanity thing sounds good as well. It would be such a Doctor thing to do: killing himself to save humanity.

EDIT: My link

~ Golden-Star

#38 Sniper-Serpent

Sniper-Serpent

Tick Tick Boom

• Nova Patron
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:53 PM

As i only just watched the last season (and the premeir) I have some questions. 1. Did big bang two close the cracks? 2. then Could The Doctor time travel back to when there were cracks
Posted Image

#39 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Nova Patron
  • 777 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:03 PM

As i only just watched the last season (and the premeir) I have some questions. 1. Did big bang two close the cracks? 2. then Could The Doctor time travel back to when there were cracks

1) Yes.
2) No. The cracks were cracks in space and time. And as there were cracks throughout time, once they were sealed, no matter when in time you go, they wouldn't be any cracks. It's kind of confusing, because people assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.

#40 Sniper-Serpent

Sniper-Serpent

Tick Tick Boom

• Nova Patron
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

That's what i htought. SO what about the creepy as hell episode with the stone angels? Post pandorica River encountered a crack.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users