Photo

My Little Pony (Season 7 and a movie!)

My Little Pony

• Please log in to reply
3498 replies to this topic

Poll: My Little Pony (Season 7 and a movie!)

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Favorite Pony of the Mane Six

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Favorite Sister

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Favorite Cutie Mark Crusader

Favorite Background Pony

Favorite Secondary Character (ones with an official name and voice)

Best major villain?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#3481 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:34 AM

I have yet to get caught up with the new season (though once I graduate, I plan to binge watch the entire thing), but I wanted to let you guys know about some awesome looking plushies I found. Thus far, Build a Bear has been the source for the best plushies, with their ponies being incredibly huggable and allowing you to style their manes. Yet, while this design worked great for the likes of Pinkie Pie's curly hair, it hasn't looked as good on some of the other members of the Mane 6. Perhaps most unforgivable was their depiction of the GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie, who had the same friendly look on her face as the rest of the ponies, and a stupidly small hat. 

I have been scouring the interwebs for a suitable replacement and came across this. She stands about a foot tall and comes with a proper, gigantic hat. That, and she has her eyebrow raised in a "I'm better than you" sneer. I have been wanting a good Trixie plush forever, and it turns out that these are all accepting pre-orders for May. Needless to say, I will be getting one. I also checked for reviews on the company's other ponies, and they have all been quite positive. 

4th-dimension-my-little-pony-friendship-

Incidentally, for those who might be looking for a proper Luna, they also have one of her and it is the best one I have seen so far. Be sure to check out their other offerings, like Derpy and Doctor Whooves. 

4th-dimension-my-little-pony-friendship-

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#3482 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Supreme Alpha Male. Also the Last Jedi.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:18 PM

Hey, have we discussed this yet:

Spoiler

UC1385a.jpg

PhijPZB.gif

#3483 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:45 AM

Hey, have we discussed this yet:

Spoiler

Even more shocking:

Spoiler

Coincidence? I think... uh, maybe? 

If not, we can look forward to a very different tone this season (giant pony robots vs. eldritch abominations from SPACE!)  :P

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#3484 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:18 PM

Wow, so many references in this episode, but what can you expect with Discord shows up?

Spoiler

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#3485 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,867 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:23 PM

Finally more map adventures. Gotta say, the ep would have been better with a new griffon character instead of Gilda coming back. Her redemption was just too straightforward, easy, and mostly unnecessary.

But everything else was pretty great. Good jokes, cool art and animation, and most of all dat griffon lore. Best part about it? All based on actual Greek myth! Everything from the gold-greedy griffons (they could supposedly dig it from the rocks with their beaks) to the Hyperborean mountains to the cyclopean monster that attacked them and stole their gold!: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arimaspi  :soawesome:

I'm kinda dreading this next episode though...  :ph34r:

EDIT: Welp, the dreaded episode 100 was everything I feared it would be and worse. I can only hope that they crammed all of the obnoxious brony memes into one episode so that I will never have to see them again. Dear God that was terrible.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#3486 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:00 PM

Gonna have to disagree with you, Scorpy. Derpy + Doctor Whooves = All I've ever wanted ever. 

Seriously, I really enjoyed that overt nod to the fandom. I kind of want a whole episode devoted to Derpy and Doctor Whooves.

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#3487 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:02 PM

I also strongly disagree with you Scorp. This was a fun way to pay homage to the amazing fandom My Little Pony has spawned. Rather than simply being references to the memes, many of these side ponies were actually turned into fun characters I'd like to see more of. Besides, it was a ton of fun. :D

I want an episode dedicated to DJ PON3 and Octavia. 

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#3488 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:41 AM

Season 5 Finale Villain

Expectations:

Rotg-rise-of-the-guardians-34602009-630-

Hoped for:

king_sombra__s_return_by_fercho262-d5knz

Reality:

tantabus_by_dablueninjaz-d90vbne.png

200_s.gif

On the plus side, one of those Lazy Princesses actually did something useful for once. :D

#3489 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,867 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:28 AM

Season 5 has resumed in the best possible way: back to back Rarity episodes. The second ep even follows right up on the first. :3

http://www.dailymoti...m/video/x36l6b3
http://www.dailymoti...tigates_animals

Edit: Well, after the 2 Rarity episodes above, I had hoped the season was going to start being good again, but the next 2 ep's were pretty terrible except for the ending of the last one. Really feels like the show's starting to drop in quality this season. Shame.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#3490 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:02 AM

Damn.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#3491 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:04 PM

Spoiler

Wasn't expecting them to do this. :o

#3492 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,867 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:04 AM

OK, now that was good, thank you AKR. Even Pip couldn't ruin that. Musical episodes best episodes. Though, I think by now the only villain who hasn't been miraculously redeemed is Queen Chrysalis.

Also AJ finally alluded to Apple parents being ded. Whoa.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#3493 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:33 PM

Oh, they actually gave the CMC their cutie marks? Well, that's pleasantly surprising. I always thought it was going to be like one of those kids' shows where you have characters always trying to achieve something and perpetually coming up short. That drove me nuts as a kid.

2004-2018

#3494 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:34 AM

Happy Halloween, ya'll!

The Nightmare Night episode was pretty good. It had a shameful lack of wolves, though. Scootaloo is still the only one in the entire show that has ever referenced werewolves on Nightmare Night. so she gets points for that. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#3495 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,867 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:16 AM

Holy smokes. Just when I thought I'd seen everything this cartoon had to throw at me, it goes full-on WORLD WAR EQUESTRIA with Sombra's armored crystal pony legions in pitched battle against Celestia's guard and the Wonderbolts led by a battle-scarred Rainbow Dash with a cyborg wing, and all of Equestria mobilized into an industrial war machine. In the grim darkness of My Little Pony, there is only war.

And then there was everything ELSE in this freaking episode. What a season finale:

That Sombra stuff must have been like a dream come true for you, Dalton. :lol:

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#3496 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:42 AM

Holy smokes. Just when I thought I'd seen everything this cartoon had to throw at me, it goes full-on WORLD WAR EQUESTRIA with Sombra's armored crystal pony legions in pitched battle against Celestia's guard and the Wonderbolts led by a battle-scarred Rainbow Dash with a cyborg wing, and all of Equestria mobilized into an industrial war machine. In the grim darkness of My Little Pony, there is only war.

That Sombra stuff must have been like a dream come true for you, Dalton. :lol:

YOU HAVE NO IDEA. :D

Though, I have yet to see it, since I usually watch it off of Netflix. :I

#3497 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:22 AM

So, this is a thing:

#3498 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,867 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:08 AM

The MLP movie looks like "Equestria gets invaded by rejects from every other animated kids movie." Ehhh, hopefully it will have some OK moments.

Anyway, the last couple of seasons of this show have been sub-par compared to the first 5 (the only memorable part of season 6 was the amazing Christmas Carol episode), but season 7 has had a few gems, especially two of the recent episodes. Anyone who hasn't been watching lately should at least take a look at "The Perfect Pear," which guest-stars William Shatner and Felicia Day (who sings!) in the long-awaited episode about Applejack's missing parents. It's a good one. And then stick around for "Fame and Misfortune," in which the long-missing best writer on the show (M.A. Larson) finally returns to basically make fun of the fandom using a story about the Mane 6 publishing their journal across Equestria. It's got a great song too. Really good episodes.

EDIT:
So hey, turns out the MLP Movie is actually really good! I didn't realize so many of the show creators worked on the movie; it really felt like the show. From the trailers I expected it to be dominated by obnoxious celebrity guest star characters, but I actually ended up liking most of the celeb characters, and the six ponies were still clearly the focus the whole time. Great visuals, great songs, really entertaining from start to finish. Wolfy and I enjoyed it.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#3499 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:36 AM

And then stick around for "Fame and Misfortune," in which the long-missing best writer on the show (M.A. Larson) finally returns to basically make fun of the fandom using a story about the Mane 6 publishing their journal across Equestria. It's got a great song too. Really good episodes.

That episode was pretty amazing. It simultaneously reminded me of both what I liked about this show, aaaaand also one of the reasons I stopped watching. :shrug:

2004-2018

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: My Little Pony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users