Anime/Manga

• Please log in to reply
437 replies to this topic

#41 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

Does anyone here watch Highschool of the Dead?

Pretty much Left 4 Dead mixed with healthy ecchi. (I mean, nothing better than panty shots of girls being eaten alive by zombies, eh?)

Rather fun to watch, I'd say.

#42 Kenny

Kenny

• Nova Patron
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:34 PM

Does anyone here watch Highschool of the Dead?

Oooh, I do. I read the manga, too. It is indeed fun. Hirano's my favorite, easily.

#43 Stylus

Stylus

Barkleymonogatari

• 1,426 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:45 PM

Ninety percent of anime is horrible. I only watch Miyazaki films and Akira.
“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius

#44 North

North

• 213 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:18 AM

Ninety percent of anime is horrible. I only watch Miyazaki films and Akira.

You're insane! >:(

Have you ever watched Cowboy Bebop? It's the single most greatest anime series ever conceived!

Edited by North, 25 July 2010 - 12:22 AM.

What time is it? - Adventure Time!

#45 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:40 AM

Cowboy Bebop?! That's one of the most powerful cards in all of Duel Monsters!

#46 Stylus

Stylus

Barkleymonogatari

• 1,426 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:58 AM

Well, that list was the only stuff I could think of off the top of my mind. There's also:
Cowboy Bebop
Yu-Gi-Oh! (abridged, of course.)
Dragonball Z (again, abridged.)
Oh, and I read Hikaru no Go. I just like Go.
“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius

#47 North

North

• 213 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:07 AM

Well, that list was the only stuff I could think of off the top of my mind. There's also:
Cowboy Bebop
Yu-Gi-Oh! (abridged, of course.)
Dragonball Z (again, abridged.)
Oh, and I read Hikaru no Go. I just like Go.

There you go! That's better.

What time is it? - Adventure Time!

#48 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

*post above*

I can't see the appeal of any other abridged series than Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series. To me, there isn't a single scene in neither any of those Team Four Star parodies, nor ANY such parodies, in fact, which is funny. Now even YGOTAS sucks, but up to a certain point they were hilarious, then started failing with certain gems in the middle ("It looks like the rules... just got screwed!"). Perhaps I'm not in the niche.

BTW, I finished Code Geass R2. Tears were shed.

Edited by Deceptus, 28 July 2010 - 11:38 PM.

#49 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Patron
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

BTW, I finished Code Geass R2. Tears were shed.

Same here when I finished the anime, it has an incredible ending.

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#50 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:48 AM

So I stumbled across this show on the Funimation channel, and decided to check it out. It's called El Cazador de la Bruja (The Witch Hunter). It's about this bounty hunter, Nadie, who's been hired to protect Ellis, a girl with supernatural powers and a price on her head.
Anyone else heard of/watch it? I caught the first 4 episodes on the Funime Youtube channel, and I'm hooked. I'm hoping I can get caught up before it stops running on TV, but they've only got the first four dubbed.

#51 Stylus

Stylus

Barkleymonogatari

• 1,426 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:22 AM

Oh wait I forgot. I also like Sgt. Frog.

#52 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:14 PM

I don't quite consider myself an 'Anime Fan' quite yet, since I tend to be insufferably picky with what I watch. Which is mostly Miyazaki, with a few exceptions. Cowboy Bebop doesn't appeal to me :/

Anyways, I just watch Totoro (Awesome, and heartwarming. Makes me want a Totoro plush :3), and (re) watching Lucky Star. BTW, anyone know when the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya subbed version will come out?

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#53 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

Waitwaitwhat? You watch Lucky Star, but Bebop doesn't appeal to you? Normally I'd be overjoyed that someone else on SSLF likes Lucky Star (that makes, what? Four of us?), but... The *EFF* is wrong with you man? :shock:

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#54 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:39 PM

I tried to get my friend to see Cowboy Bebop, but I couldn't find a way to send it to him, and before that I've sent him some memetic Lucky Star clips, so thanks to me Lucky Star is his first anime.

And the other guy from my Middle School class is a self-made hentai artist (yes, he's the same age as me) who watches mostly ecchi. He never heard of Cowboy Bebop until I told him.

We're all wrong in the head that we live in this world.

EDIT:
Kawaii

Edited by Deceptus, 09 August 2010 - 10:18 PM.

#55 Stylus

Stylus

Barkleymonogatari

• 1,426 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:00 PM

I tried to get my friend to see Cowboy Bebop, but I couldn't find a way to send it to him, and before that I've sent him some memetic Lucky Star clips, so thanks to me Lucky Star is his first anime.

And the other guy from my Middle School class is a self-made hentai artist (yes, he's the same age as me) who watches mostly ecchi. He never heard of Cowboy Bebop until I told him.

We're all wrong in the head that we live in this world.

Indeed. When the inevitable apocalypse comes, we forumites will climb out of our caves, and rebuild advanced society! INTELLIGENT FORUM POSTERS FOREVER! :P

Though on another note, that hentai pervert kid in your class needs a good smack upside the head. I can't understand why people would willingly look at drawings of half-dressed big eyed anime girls.

Edited by TheEnigmaWrappedInATwinkie, 09 August 2010 - 10:01 PM.

#56 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:14 PM

Though on another note, that hentai pervert kid in your class needs a good smack upside the head. I can't understand why people would willingly look at drawings of half-dressed big eyed anime girls.

In my spare time, I like to calibrate my telescope while looking at the stars. You can't help the fact that me and my friend have a mutual passion for astronomy.

Edited by Deceptus, 09 August 2010 - 10:15 PM.

#57 Stylus

Stylus

Barkleymonogatari

• 1,426 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:19 PM

In my spare time, I like to calibrate my telescope while looking at the stars. You can't help the fact that me and my friend have a mutual passion for astronomy.

Astronomy is fine, but I was referring to that ecchi kid. I share the same feelings about ecchi and moe as Miyazaki:

It's difficult. They immediately become the subjects of lolicon fetishism. In a sense, if we want to depict someone who is affirmative to us, we have no choice but to make them as lovely as possible. But now, there are too many people who shamelessly depict (such heroines) as if they just want (such girls) as pets, and things are escalating more and more.

#58 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:28 PM

Astronomy is fine, but I was referring to that ecchi kid.

Your obliviousness on the matter of my sense of humour causes my Copernican soul...
*puts on sunglasses*
...to space out.

#59 Kikayoaka

Kikayoaka

There must be some way out of here

• Banned
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:00 AM

You're like, an anime-terrorist.

Anyways I watched the first episode of Baccano!, I really liked it.

Edited by Kikayoaka, 10 August 2010 - 02:02 AM.

#60 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

Guys, by the way, yesterday was August 10, 2010 - the date of Holy Britannian Empire's invasion on Japan.
Posted Image
ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!
ALL HAIL OPPAI!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users