Westworld

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:09 PM

Anybody catch this last week? I think we have a new contender for Game of Thrones here, I've been waiting for HBO to come out with something nice and fresh since the first season of True Detective, and I think they've delivered. It sort of reminds me of a holodeck episode of Star Trek, but done a little bit different; something is bound to go wrong, and it seems that there's a buildup to the craziness that's about to happen. I doubt there's anyone here that isn't a fan of Jurassic Park, and this is a similar concept by the same author, Michael Crichton (may he rest in peace,) except in this it's a western themed park with surreal lifelike androids. I would say that's kind of a spoiler, but the premise gets revealed to you in the first ten minutes if you haven't already caught on from the trailer. They've already kicked off with a badass action scene, and some clever music choices have been slipped in - you'll hear old fashioned honky tonk versions of Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun and Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones if you listen closely, and I'm excited to see if future episodes will feature popular songs covered in such an interesting manner. I'll definitely be tuning in tonight, and here's hoping it lives past the first season.

xgd0s9.jpg

#2 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:22 PM

I thought the old Westworld film was really good. I think it will be cool to see it from the robots' perspective, as hinted by the trailers.

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users