• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:31 PM

Sounds to me like the Australians are trying to make excuses for the fact that their athlete's crippling freedom defecencies lost them all of the Olympics.

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#62 Mr. Skeli'n

Mr. Skeli'n

kick me

• Nova Member
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:59 PM

Herb, get out of here with your Canadian freedom. Nobody wants to go to any doctor they want, whenever, with largely no copay.

You need 'MURICANTM freedom.

#63 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,749 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:00 PM

Reasons Australia is the best at sports:

1. With a stunning 29 medals and a diminutive population of 24 million Australians, Australia can boast one Olympic medal per 827,000ish people. With a pedestrian 121 medals and an enormous population of 318 million non-Australians, the USA must be content with a positively embarrassing 2,628,000ish people per Olympic Medal. We can use these scientific numbers to calculate the More Gooder At Sports Coefficient, which in this case is three-and-a-bit. Australia is three-and-a-bit times more gooder at sports than the rest of the world, a.k.a. America.

2. We decided to mix things up a bit this year. Instead of winning the boring events like Swimming, we decided to try our hands at the less overplayed sports. Trap shooting, Modern Pentathlon, Sailing, Rowing. And, of course, Rugby. By bringing attention to these lesser-known Olympic sports, we are surely broadening the appeal of the very notion of sports itself, which is undoubtedly a more noble endeavour than simply winning Golds all day long. Harrumph, how crass.

3. As we all know, the Olympics are, at heart, a beauty contest, so it's only natural that Australia absolutely dominates. With our sun-browned skin, our Rugby-honed quads, and our scientifically-proven best accents, we Australians are simply a cut above; it's really just unfair to the other countries. I mean, sure, Michael Phelps can win a lot of medals or whatever, but does it really count if he does it while looking like a cartoon caveman?

4. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OI OI OI! We make 100% sure that our Australian athletes (and, indeed, everyone else within earshot) are adequately reminded of their natural, innate Australian-ness at all times. But rather than simply shout the letters of our country's abbreviation, like some countries I could mention that may or may not be three-and-a-bit times less gooder at sports than we are, we have chosen a chant that combines our nation's two greatest loves: being a nuisance, and belligerent, half-drunken, thoroughly confrontational nonsense-shouting.

5. HOW MANY OF YOUSE GIRLS' HOMES ARE GIRT BY SEA? YEAH NAH MATE, THAT'S WHAT OI RECKONED. STRAYAAAAAAA!

But Occy, how can Australia be the best sporting nation on Earth if they can't even win in real sports, aka winter sports?

In all seriousness, I wasn't expecting Canada to crack the top 10 of the Summer Games, but I think we did well.

The Winter Olympics is in a couple of years in South Korea, and then we'll see who's laughing.

lol nobody watches the Winter Olympics

#64 Kampfer

Kampfer

Hard Core Kiwi

• Nova Member
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:00 PM

Oh dear, that's worse than America Patriotism. I feel a bit sick after reading that.

You need to be a bit more humble like us Kiwis :shades:

To become old and wise, You must first be young and stupid.

#65 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:36 PM

You did call us 'bloody cheating Aussies' and wanted to boycott the Olympics soooooo

aussie-aussie-aussie.jpeg

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

(I kid :P)

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#66 Kampfer

Kampfer

Hard Core Kiwi

• Nova Member
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:20 AM

I've cheered up a little after the thrashing the All blacks gave ya last weekend. :D

To become old and wise, You must first be young and stupid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users