• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:23 AM

I dunno about that, man. I reckon that as her left hand lost the ball the right hand made contact so she's held it all the way down, and even if she did lose it, at the end of the day they had three refs call it good. Sports is never an exact science, mistakes happen, and the final score was still 24-15 so even without the first try Australia came out ahead. New Zealand still picks up the silver in a hard-fought game and we should respect that too. :)

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#22 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,979 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:06 AM

Yeah, that first try would probably have been under some serious scrutiny if they had video referees, but I suppose that's Sevens for you; there's not even any time to set up the little plastic tee for Conversion kicks, let alone review decisions. I'm pretty sure she had at least one fingertip on it the whole way down, but it was hardly convincing. In the end, though, the Kiwis played a bloody good game, as they always do, but the Aussies defended like a brick wall and won it by more than just that one try. I'm comfortable declaring our girls as the All Time Greatest Athletes Ever In History :P

#23 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,181 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:21 AM

I missed the gold medal game for women's rugby, and I'm honestly pretty upset.

Hopefully I can watch most of men's.

lWZ8e6F.png

#24 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,979 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:44 AM

I've been VPNing my way onto the Canadian Olympic TV site with the Hola extension for Chrome, which seems to be archiving every event in every sport. Here's the women's Rugby final.

#25 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,181 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:00 AM

I'll try and watch later today.  Right now i'm watching Men's.  Just saw the Aussie blokes get smoked by the Frenchies, and Spain get utterly murdered.

lWZ8e6F.png

#26 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:24 AM

I've been VPNing my way onto the Canadian Olympic TV site with the Hola extension for Chrome, which seems to be archiving every event in every sport. Here's the women's Rugby final.

I can't get that extension to work. What's dumb is that I'm only 70-80ish miles from the Canadian border. Countries are dumb.

mudkip.png

#27 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:40 PM

That's a shotgun though, so you won with the one type of gun you didn't ban. Doesn't count, try again. :P

Thrawnie, we're American; guns are our national religion. We should be ashamed with didn't win 10 Gold Medals at the shooting events. :P

Fencing event starts tomorrow. Excited for that one. :D

#28 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:53 PM

Occy watching the Olympics on the Canadian feed.

CANADA GREATEST COUNTRY CONFIRMED.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#29 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,979 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:17 AM

Occy watching the Olympics on the Canadian feed.

CANADA GREATEST COUNTRY CONFIRMED.

You guys definitely have the best TV channel website for watching Olympics on, I'll give you that. Australian TV only shows events that Australians are doing well in, so right now you'd think the Olympics was just a big horseriding competition. I think I've seen the basketball game where the Aussies beat Serbia about four times now :P

k, so I know you guys haven't been watching the Weightlifting like you should, but we'll talk about that later. Right now, the 77kg Men's event is coming up later today, and it's going to be so good. 77kg is a sweet spot between the lighter, tiny man weight classes and the big strong dudes; they're lifting ridiculous weights, but they don't have the sheer obscene mass to muscle the weight up so they have to rely on beautiful, perfect technique. Take a look at Lu Xiaojun here Snatching some near-World-Record weights so smoothly he might as well be a forklift; he even drops the weight so cleanly that both sides hit the ground at the same time:

Here he is in an overhead squat so deep that his bumcheeks almost left a crater in the floor:

lu-xiaojun-176-snatch.jpg

And here's your newest fetish: back muscles. You can thank me later:

10386656865_82ee28bdf8_b.jpg

Oh, and here's a North Korean gentleman whose father was presumably a quadricep:

ZC50TSx.jpg ljZkkrY.jpg

#30 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 05:44 AM

Choe Jonna Wi sorry you made fun of him when he takes out North Korea's fiftieth gold of the Rio Games, Occy.

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#31 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,979 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:48 AM

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS! I told you it was going to be good, but it was SO MUCH BETTER!

Lu Xiaojun beat his own world record in the Snatch, and was looking for all the world like he was going to cruise home with another easy Olympic Gold. Then, out of nowhere, Nijat Rahimov the Kazakhstani lifter I've never heard of, decides that he's going to have a crack. In order to get the Gold he needs to Clean and Jerk 214kg, twelve whole kilograms more than Xiaojun even attempted, and four kilograms over the world record in this weight class that's stood for fifteen years.

AND HE BLOODY DID IT!

fSR5O8Q.gif

OLYMPICS, YOU GUYS!

#32 assassinfred

assassinfred

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:00 PM

So, Canada has won 7 medals at the Olympics so far, and Penny Oleksiak has 4 of them. She is the first Canadian athlete in history to win 4 medals at an Olympics, including our first Gold of the games a few short minutes ago (a tie with the American Simone Manuel, which in a sport that counts down to hundredths of a second, is incredible in and of itself).

Oh yeah, and she's only 16 years old. She'll be raking in the Swimming medals for many years to come. 

#33 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,979 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:14 PM

I really love how the Americans have mastered the art of having one single tear roll down their cheeks when they hear their anthem and see their flag. Do you guys practice that, or is it just an automatic response when overwhelmed with so much AMERICA?

BOY, you guys need to be watching Fiji in the Rugby Sevens. They're amazing! I watched them play Japan last night and it was like a Harlem Globetrotters exhibition match, they were quite literally running rings around Japan. The only time Japan scored was when one of the Fijians tackled one of them so hard that the ball went flying out of his hands (you could almost see the wind get knocked out of him like a real life anime :P), and happened to bounce straight into another dude's hands.

Don't watch the Australian men, though. I don't know what's going on with those guys; I think we would have done better to let the women play again. I watched them play Argentina and their defensive strategy seemed to be waiting for the opposition to get the ball and start running, then trying to run ahead of him and watching him over their shoulders. GET AMONGST IT, YOU BOOFHEADS! This is Rugby, not a sprinting relay. They were up 21-0 at half time and ended up losing 21-26.

#34 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,181 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:43 AM

Okay, this is pretty cool.

https://streamable.com/egw2

lWZ8e6F.png

#35 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:06 PM

YOU HAD ONE JOB SERBIA

2004-2018

#36 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:17 AM

I really love how the Americans have mastered the art of having one single tear roll down their cheeks when they hear their anthem and see their flag. Do you guys practice that, or is it just an automatic response when overwhelmed with so much AMERICA?

Doesn't everyone else do the same when they hear the American national anthem? :P

I've been following the Judo, Taekwondo and fencing matches and boy, hooey, what a game. The fencing is over before you can even take your eyes off their impressive thighs and the flashing lights, while Taekwondo starts off slow but soon turns into a CQC brawl. And did you see that Judo throw that one Japanese guy managed? Good gravy. What a game.

#37 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,979 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:34 AM

And did you see that Judo throw that one Japanese guy managed? Good gravy. What a game.

I've only watched a couple of Judo matches in my life, but I adore that scoring system. You get one or two points here and there for minor stuff, but if someone manages to land that classic CQC hip throw it just goes nuts. You get a hundred points and the match ends instantly. It's like the people in the scoring room are going:

zhPjQ1u.png

The pride of all Australia Anna Meares won Bronze in the Keirin cycling. The following picture of Anna is posted without comment:

bC3g5NT.jpg?1

#38 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:57 PM

The pride of all Australia Anna Meares won Bronze in the Keirin cycling. The following picture of Anna is posted without comment:

hqdefault.jpg

2004-2018

#39 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:36 PM

I've only watched a couple of Judo matches in my life, but I adore that scoring system. You get one or two points here and there for minor stuff, but if someone manages to land that classic CQC hip throw it just goes nuts. You get a hundred points and the match ends instantly.

Dat throw though:

#40 assassinfred

assassinfred

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:32 PM

Currently watching some field hockey, figuring as an avid regular hockey fan I could follow it.

Man, was I wrong. There are some bizarre rules in field hockey, like these things called "penalty corners".

Basically, in a pentalty corner, the offense lines up outside the circle area around the bet and wait for the ball to come from the corner (akin to a corner kick in soccer). That isn't the weird part. The weird part is the defenders all crowding inside the net and being given big glove things and basically being an additional four goalies.

That, and if the ball touches your foot the other team gets possession are basically the only two rules I've picked up.

Wait. Someone just got a green card which means he needs to sit out for two minutes and give the other team a man advantage. It's basically a power play. Now there's a rule I can understand.

Apparently the Kiwis are big on this sport, though, as both the commentators are Kiwi, the refs seem to be Kiwi, and the game I'm currently watching is the Quarter Finals between Germany and New Zealand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users