Photo

The Walking Dead (and Fear the Walking Dead)

Zombies

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 09:23 PM

...That finale was utterly stupid. Took one of the greatest bits of the comic, and butchered it by making it a cliffhanger.

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#22 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:42 AM

Putting aside the fact that I'd already been told that it was going to end with said cliffhanger, and I've never read the comics, why is it so stupid? I mean, sure, they added an extra 20 minutes to the episode basically just to let Jefferey Dean Morgan ramble, but... I thought it was executed fine.

Spoiler

#23 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 01:30 AM

Putting aside the fact that I'd already been told that it was going to end with said cliffhanger, and I've never read the comics, why is it so stupid? I mean, sure, they added an extra 20 minutes to the episode basically just to let Jefferey Dean Morgan ramble, but... I thought it was executed fine.

Spoiler

They could've cut literally 60 of the 90 minutes of this finale, and nothing of value would have been lost.

Spoiler

All of that being said, however. That's not say I completely hated it.

JDM is a fantastic Negan. And having a new villainous character in the form of STEVEN OGG (GTA V's Trevor : D) who in all likelihood will be sticking around for a while, is a major plus in my book.

But they couldn't help themselves. So they ruined this. Just like I knew and feared they would.

I don't have favorite seasons of this show. I have favorite episodes. If that gives you any indication of what I think of the show's quality. I swear, if it wasn't for this show and FTWD basically bankrolling shows like Better Call Saul , and (soon) Preacher, or my parents basically begging me to give them hints about what might happen later, I'd probably wash my hands of it altogether at this point until we get a new showrunner.

How other people feel about Steven Moffat for Doctor Who, I feel for Scott Gimple.

I'm not gonna say the show's objectively bad, because nothing is objectively bad aside from BvS. I guess I'm used to a different class of show (Fargo, BCS/BB, ATLA) The self-contained kind. And I made the mistake of thinking this would be that kind back when it first started, since it seemed like the comic was winding down to a climax. Except it's just kept going.

PXwSeJy.png

#24 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:26 PM

For a moment I thought...
Spoiler

I dunno, I thought the pacing was sloooow in this ep. Like... too slow.

:I

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#25 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 01:41 PM

Spoiler

So yeah, AMC talks hard about how ruthless they let TWD be. But it's all bark and no bite.

PXwSeJy.png

#26 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:19 PM

Spoiler

So yeah, AMC talks hard about how ruthless they let TWD be. But it's all bark and no bite.

Spoiler

I think AMC is trying to be HBO and trying to make Walking Dead their Game of Thrones, ya know? Only they don't have the brass GoT and HBO do. Oh, and AMC is cable network, not a premium network lol

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#27 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:39 PM

Spoiler

I think AMC is trying to be HBO and trying to make Walking Dead their Game of Thrones, ya know? Only they don't have the brass GoT and HBO do. Oh, and AMC is cable network, not a premium network lol

But that's the thing though. AMC has generally pushed the boundaries as far as cable can go. Look no further than the 'real' horror tones of BB's drug underground, and TWD's disturbing practical effects.

They've shown a ridiculous amount of leniency in regards to content, but only when concerning extras or minor characters. But the second the plot finally requires them to pull the plug on a 'face' of the show, they suddenly lose their composure, and beat around the bush.

It's when the practical/business side of the production rears its ugly head and shows through blatantly.

PXwSeJy.png

#28 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:13 PM

Well, given how season seven premieres today, I have to raise the question: who do you think it is?
Spoiler

#29 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:17 PM

Spoiler

That being said, I don't think I'll be tuning in. I'm sticking to my guns because of that crap they pulled in Season 6's finale.

PXwSeJy.png

#30 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:24 PM

Spoiler

That being said, I don't think I'll be tuning in. I'm sticking to my guns because of that crap they pulled in Season 6's finale.

Spoiler

As for skipping out on watching, the last half of season six was a train wreck so I don't blame you. I'm sure you'll hear if it's actually a good episode.

#31 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:29 AM

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but, uh... yeah. Basically everything I said back in April (about them being cagey as hell about who was killed, then trying to preserve drama by dragging around the bush, etc.) has come true in one way or another.

It comes to another level when the disappointments can be predicted almost as accurately as the shocks.

PXwSeJy.png

#32 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Salton Dalton

• Nova Patron
  • 3,016 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:19 PM

Apparently, People in the Walking Dead can't use the F-Word.

I guess the creators were like "Oh sure, we can have a show with extremely violent deaths, sexual content, and graphic and scary scenes, but we've gotta draw the line somewhere!" 

#33 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:00 PM

That's the F-bomb man. A weapon of mass destruction. You can't deploy that without having a damn good reason to.

(at least, according to this world of PG-13 media we live in)

xgd0s9.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zombies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users