Photo

The Walking Dead (and Fear the Walking Dead)

Zombies

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Bilbo_Baggins

Bilbo_Baggins

• Nova Member
  • 351 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:13 PM

Surely I can't be the only one that watches this right? Its easily my favorite live-action show on TV right now.

Old trailer, but in case anyone hasn't seen it:

So yeah, Walking Dead; Discuss.

I'll start. I'm really pleased at how the quality of writing has increased from the early seasons to now, what with the never-ending stay at Hershel's farm, the prison virus that was never really explained or went anywhere, and Lori. 

Rick is still a huge tool though, multiple times in season 5 he made a tough decision and someone was like: "Come on Rick be cool man," and he promptly changed his mind.  :P

Also, Fear the Walking Dead. Eh, its a okay side story, but it lacks any interesting or likable characters, Strand being the one exception. And the snail pace of all but the last episode(almost rivals TWD season 2 in that respect) take it a step down from the normal show.

Spoiler

I'd ask what everyone's favorite character is, but we all know its Daryl.  :P

#2 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:44 PM

I watch TWD out of necessity (I've been there from the start), but I've never brought myself around to true hate-watching. Especially when Season 5 was actually pretty damn good.

Fear though, has just been bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, Bad. I got up to Episode 4 before I said "I care nothing about these characters, or anything that happens to them."

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#3 Bilbo_Baggins

Bilbo_Baggins

• Nova Member
  • 351 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:49 PM

Who's hate-watching? I wholeheartedly enjoy the show. I was just nitpicking :P .

Completely agree about Season 5 though, easily the best so far.

#4 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:33 PM

The Walking Dead has definitely surpassed any movie or show that has come out about zombies so far. It keeps the story pretty simple, focusing more the basics: people and zombies. I'm glad that the show is doing it's own thing as opposed to going strictly based off the comics. That said, it can kind of drag sometimes, but it aims to be somewhat realistic with the post apocalypse, which I imagine would be a drag in itself.

Fear was a good spinoff in my opinion. Seeing the way society in LA just collapses into itself felt really visceral. It's like the walkers weren't even half of the problem until everybody started rioting and killing each other. I'm not as familiar with the characters as the standard show, but I feel like I can see what changes they're gonna go through; the female lead is definitely leaning towards Rick's moral standpoint.

xgd0s9.jpg

#5 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:46 AM

Loved the Walking Dead since the beginning. I think it portrays humanity in the post-apocalypse very well and I love the fact that it shifts from being zombies as the main threat to other people and back again, as I feel that if the end of the world really came, other people would always be the biggest threat. Plus, it has some stellar character development for the main cast (bar Andrea, but one bad character among a bunch of good ones is pretty good odds). Season six is only two episodes in, but I think it's awesome. I also love that thet don't strictly follow the comics. Makes it much more enjoyable that way, imo.

I also really liked season one of Fear. It is really interesting to see it from the beginning of the outbreak, as The Walking Dead never really explored that; you were just kind of thrown into it. I really like the main cast in it and the characters are portrayed very well and they make the outbreak very believable. Nick in particular I thought was done really well, especially in the way he moved around in the early episodes (I can't be the only one who noticed the parallels of a drug addict's movements and a walker's. Absolutely brilliant). It is really interesting to me to see the way that society collapses on itself in a post-apocalyptic event like this, and I thought that Fear The Walking Dead did an excellent job of showcasing it.

One thing I've always loved about TWD, and now FTWD, is how realistic they make it seem. It really makes you think about what humanity would do on the brink of extinction and how humanity would continue to survive. It is a story about the zombie apocalypse, sure, but they make it seem like it isn't as fictitious an idea as it sounds.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#6 Bilbo_Baggins

Bilbo_Baggins

• Nova Member
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:14 PM

daryl-walking-dead-depression-113366.jpg

Man, the latest episode(Episode 4); really sad. Easily one of the shows best and most emotional episodes. Season 6 has far surpassed all other seasons. I really like how the show is being more unorthodox in the way its episodes are structured, what with them focusing on different events happening simultaneously, and being partly or entirely composed of flashbacks.

Spoiler

#7 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:20 AM

So yeah, I've basically watched seasons 1-2 a couple years ago, 3-4 last year, and actually caught up again just recently... Season 5, as discussed, was pretty much the best, and 6 has been great so far too. A few thoughts, though, concerning more recent events.

Oh, and to answer the "favorite character" question.... Yeah, okay, it's Daryl... But Glen has always been up there for me, too  :P

Spoiler

Edited by Spider-Man, 03 November 2015 - 07:21 AM.

#8 assassinfred

assassinfred

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:35 PM

The two latest episodes are really, really good. So far, season six is shaping up to blow five out of the water (and five is probably the best season so far), and it has already been crazy. A lot of major things, like:

Spoiler

I'm really excited to see what the rest of season six brings, because it is shaping up to be awesome.

#9 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Salton Dalton

• Nova Patron
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:06 PM

Found this:

Wha...was that Morgan Freeman?

THE ZOMBIES DON'T STAND A CHANCE

#10 Bilbo_Baggins

Bilbo_Baggins

• Nova Member
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:37 PM

No, that was this guy: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0416694/

His character's name is Morgan, but he looks nothing like Morgan Freeman. IDK how you would think that...

And that's a really old trailer, season 6 is now well underway.

#11 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:04 PM

Bump, because a really awesome part of the comic IS happening in the show's midseason tonight. Comic fans, you know the part. Eye wouldn't want to miss this, regardless of my personal feelings about the show. I just want to watch my whole family (show fans, but know nothing of the comic) recoil in sheer horror at the moment.

For those of you curious and not knowledgeable:

Spoiler

PXwSeJy.png

#12 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:28 PM

Oof, that was a great episode last night. I saw a few of the deaths coming, but the tension got real in the second half of the episode. I liked how everyone was grouped together (finally) and did some good old fashioned zombie horde slaying. The cinematography was on point too. Probably the show's best one yet.

xgd0s9.jpg

#13 assassinfred

assassinfred

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:56 PM

God, the midseason premiere was so good. I'll expand on my thoughts later as I am currently on my phone, but man is there some stuff to talk about.

#14 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:29 PM

Yessssssss. My favorite pairing is happening! Also
https://youtu.be/GUkYepOl0Jg

PXwSeJy.png

#15 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:59 AM

Ugh, this season has been so good and everything is going so well for the gang... I'm just terrified because I know things have to go so so so wrong sooner or later... >_<

#16 assassinfred

assassinfred

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:43 PM

Things are gonna get real in the next episode. Season 6 might be the best season of this show yet. It's been so good and developed a lot of characters whole still keeping it exciting.

#17 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:56 PM

Things are gonna get real in the next episode. Season 6 might be the best season of this show yet. It's been so good and developed a lot of characters whole still keeping it exciting.

The first half started out strong, but I feel like it started to drag right up to the midseason. They really should've cut out enough to size down one episode of the first half. Because the midseason premiere really should've been the MSF. That, and they're really doing their damndest to make Morgan and Carol unlikable, which kinda irks me at how blatantly they've been doing it this season.

That's been the thing with Carol since Season 4. She's been doing all these badass and pragmatic things, but there was always ambiguity if you were supposed to be cheering her on or questioning her rationalizations for said actions. And here in S6 they blatantly put her in direct conflict with Morgan, and she's coming off as crazy in a way it wasn't before.

PXwSeJy.png

#18 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

So before I could watch last night's episode, I saw the following on my Facebook newsfeed:

Spoiler

...Needless to say, that person is no longer a part of my friend list.

#19 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:07 PM

Spoiler

Teaser for the Man with the Bat in the finale:

TWDS6B_FinaleSocial_FINAL.jpg

PXwSeJy.png

#20 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:58 PM

But I had no way of knowing how much truth there might be to said spoiler.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zombies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users