Photo

Spider-Man: Rinse and Repeat

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Spider-Man: Rinse and Repeat

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What is your favorite live action Spider-Man suit?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:17 PM

He was in college during most of the first and all the second movies, can't remember if he had graduated by the third one or if they even addressed his education at all, but it's hard to remember anything about that movie beyond Jameson's scenes and Emo Peter.

Gwen was in Peter's college class. That's how they knew each other. Yeah, he was in college.

And they confirmed that it won't be an origin story, to which I can only say THANK GOD. I don't think I could have made it through yet another retelling of the same story that every single person going to see this film pretty much already knows by heart.

ummm

Just letting you peeps know they confirmed it will not be an origin story a while ago. I doubt they'll even have a flashback.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#22 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:18 PM

I have never claimed to pay attention to other people's posts. Or to anything in general at all.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#23 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:03 PM

Of course, I seriously doubt he's going to college in the first movie of this reboot considering the age of the actor they chose.

Well Tom Holland is almost exactly a week younger than I, and I've already finished two years of college. The difference being that I'm fairly certain they've confirmed the character to be 15.

Just be glad Tom Holland looks young for his age and is considerably smaller than I am, because I could not pull off 15.

#24 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:16 PM

...but, aren't you Spider-Man? :P

gTAoKX.gif

#25 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:36 PM

:o

So hopefully this means we'll get all the other Spiders, like Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham...

77770-74389-spider-ham.jpg

You thought I was kidding, didn't you? :P

Edited by Halicon, 03 August 2015 - 07:39 PM.

#26 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,979 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:53 PM

POPULAR

News about Spidey's 'cameo' in Civil War:

How many scenes will Spider-Man be in? I don't know the exact number, but sources have recently made it clear to me that there's more Spider-Man in this movie than I expected. Spider-Man doesn't just swing by and say hi - gets his hands dirty in this Civil War. He fights. And his fight scene might be the one that really gets fandom excited - not because of how top tier the face-off will be, but because of how profoundly dorky and unlike any other big screen superhero fight it will be. 

So for the record: Peter Parker will have a cameo, while Spider-Man will have a few scenes and at least one fight that will be jockeying for a spot on the best superhero battles ever list.

BOOONESAW IS READ-EEEEE!

Spoiler

#27 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:13 PM

Shhhhh...  :ph34r:

Inexperienced Spidey trying to fight with the big guys ^_^ That should be a pretty amazing scene, regardless of which side he's fighting on at the time.

#28 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:39 AM

BOOONESAW IS READ-EEEEE!

ZO1uaGn.gif

On a more related note, awesome! That sounds like something I'll really want to see. I didn't think he'd have anything more than a small cameo in Civil War, but this is good news. :D

gTAoKX.gif

#29 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:52 AM

Heck, I wasn't expecting anything more than a cameo in the post-credits scene when it was first announced. Now I'm totally pumped.

v0tzQP.gif

#30 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:13 AM

BOOONESAW IS READ-EEEEE!

Don't you mean:

#31 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:50 AM

I honestly never really believed it would be just a swing-by. They say keep saying "cameo," yet this movie is the reason they made such a big push at Sony to get him when they did. The fact that ASM2 came out and flopped (I'm one of those weird guys who actually seemed to like it, don't get me wrong) when it did was good timing, but Spidey is a key ingredient to Civil War, whatever way you slice it.

#32 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:43 PM

The fact that ASM2 came out and flopped

You know, I've heard other people say it flopped too, yet it made more money that any of the phase 1 Marvel origin story movies, Thor 2, and Ant-Man. So I don't really think it was a flop.

gTAoKX.gif

#33 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:48 PM

Like I said, I enjoyed it... I think it was just that it should have been better, and/or because it set up poorly. Either way, it got bad reviews for cramming so much in or something like that.

#34 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:40 PM

You know, I've heard other people say it flopped too, yet it made more money that any of the phase 1 Marvel origin story movies, Thor 2, and Ant-Man. So I don't really think it was a flop.

I've been having trouble finding some really good sources on this, but from what I've read up on, ASM 2 only made about $70 million in profit after taking into account production, distribution, and marketing costs. I take that with a grain of salt, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me that much if it was true.

In any case, it was the lowest-grossing Spider-Man film yet, and each of the ASM movies have made less than any of the original Spidey films, so that probably skews perceptions at least a little bit.

v0tzQP.gif

#35 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:11 PM

In any case, it was the lowest-grossing Spider-Man film yet, and each of the ASM movies have made less than any of the original Spidey films, so that probably skews perceptions at least a little bit.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Spidey films are expected to make more money than your average superhero.

gTAoKX.gif

#36 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:22 PM

Like most comics in the Marvel franchise, I've only read a few issues of Spider-Man. But, with all these movies coming out, it doesn't hurt to do a little research. Thank the lord for wikis.

Apparently this shows up in the Civil War comics. It'd be great if this was Spider-man's new appearance, because though his costume is pretty cool, I genuinely think the mainline Marvel movies should update it to distance their Spider-man with the older film versions. A little color change would be nice, so that he doesn't get confused with Iron Man, but that design is just off the rails awesome.

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_529_page_08_Pet

xgd0s9.jpg

#37 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:16 AM

Apparently this shows up in the Civil War comics. It'd be great if this was Spider-man's new appearance, because though his costume is pretty cool, I genuinely think the mainline Marvel movies should update it to distance their Spider-man with the older film versions.

Nah, I'd prefer the red and blue. Or red and black, whatever they decide. Sure, I'd be fine if they used it like once, but considering it's his first appearance in the movie 'verse it might feel crammed in.

gTAoKX.gif

#38 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:44 AM

Iron Spider would be cool, but i agree with Oufy, not in Civil War. Maybe if Iron Man does end up being the Marvel character to show up in the Spider Man movie, he could help him out with the suit, but... Idk. I don't really see them using it in the movies any time soon at all.

#39 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

POPULAR

It's funny that they already used Edgar Wright (kinda, they also fired him), because after remembering Scott Pilgrim vs. the World I realized how good he would be for Spider-Man. Anyway, they've got this other guy who has directed like only two other films and Marvel was impressed with this one. I'm still waiting on a plot summary of it.

I'm guessing they picked a relatively inexperienced director with potential so that they can manipulate him into doing what they want. He's a puppet. Tangled in strings...
tumblr_ndwc85vAVy1rvufhzo2_250.gif

gTAoKX.gif

#40 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:55 PM

I love the classic Red/Blue Spidey, and I'd be very surprised if they didn't go for it. Besides, they can Avengers-ize his costume so that it looks different enough from the other films. 

In other news, I really hope Carnage shows up in this. I LOVE Carnage. Also Venom. But make Venom not suck in this one.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users