Photo

Spider-Man: Rinse and Repeat

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Spider-Man: Rinse and Repeat

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What is your favorite live action Spider-Man suit?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:30 PM

Preface:
Is this franchise rebooted too much? Yes. Are there things that can go wrong? Certainly. But Spidey's in the Marvel Cinematic Universe with the rest of the gang, and he has a clean slate! So give up all that negativity! Put away those worries! It's Spider-Man!

SpottedWelltodoEthiopianwolf.gif
OH MY GOSH WHAT A GORGEOUS GIF

I've been trying to contain my excitement, but I just can't anymore. This is going to be so awesome guys. I'd talk in all caps all the time, but that would get old real fast. Wow. Hobgoblin? Vulture? Scorpion? So many villains to choose from, and they've said they're interested in villains we haven't seen on the big screen yet. Shocker? Kraven? Mysterio? The possibilities, guys.

"But Oufy, the movie doesn't come out until 2017!" Yes, Enrique, okay? I get you.

But D23 (apparently some sort of Disney Expo thing) is coming in two weeks, and a lot of people believe they're going to release a trailer of Captain America: Civil War at that time, and that it will include a clip of Spider-Man. Now, is it really going to happen? I suppose we'll have to wait and see. But seriously, I can't wait. I'm going to explode.

emma-stone-excited.gif

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#2 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:56 PM

I have to admit that the first Spidey reference in the MCU made me giggle with a childish glee. :P

Are they going to be giving him his own Solo MCU film? I know he's appearing in Civil War (though considering how recently his actor was cast I'd be surprised if he showed up in a trailer), but I can't recall their plans for him beyond that.

Bee tee dubz your obligatory Emma Stone gif is reminding me how badly I want her to show up in the MCU as MJ or something, maybe a character who isn't mostly famous for.... y'know. T_T

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#3 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:50 PM

I'd rather that the Wesley Snipes returning to Blade in the MCU stuff happened/happens over another Spider-Man reboot, much less one with with Tom Holland as Peter Parker.

Seriously, you might as well have cast Justin Bieber in the lead role. 

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#4 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,979 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:06 PM

POPULAR

But D23 (apparently some sort of Disney Expo thing) is coming in two weeks, and a lot of people believe they're going to release a trailer of Captain America: Civil War at that time, and that it will include a clip of Spider-Man. Now, is it really going to happen? I suppose we'll have to wait and see. But seriously, I can't wait. I'm going to explode.

fuuet6L.gif

I AM SO THERE

I don't know about you (maybe the early 20s hit me unusually hard), but I kind of think you could say that about roughly 100% of teenage boys. Ever. Throughout history. I honestly cannot think of a single teenage boy that I've ever looked at and thought, "Yeah, that guy's really cool" :P

#5 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:37 AM

I'd rather that the Wesley Snipes returning to Blade in the MCU stuff happened/happens over another Spider-Man reboot, much less one with with Tom Holland as Peter Parker.

Really? I think he looks fine for the part.

I would have preferred Tyler James Williams as Miles Morales Spidey.

Or if you really wanted to go for broke, they coulda gone with Spidety 2099, which is an Irish Mexican guy by the name of Miguel O'Hara. ;3

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#6 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:10 AM

Are they going to be giving him his own Solo MCU film? I know he's appearing in Civil War (though considering how recently his actor was cast I'd be surprised if he showed up in a trailer), but I can't recall their plans for him beyond that.

Yup. In 2017. He's already at least partially filmed his cameo in Civil War, though. This is from the writers.

Daley and Goldstein will have to contend with special effects of a different sort over the next few months, as they've been drafted to write Marvel's new Spider-Man reboot. That's still in the early stages, as Goldstein says they're going in to Marvel this weekend to look at footage of Tom Holland's cameo as Peter Parker in Captain America: Civil War. "We hear good things," he said. "We might even get to look at the Spidey suit, which is exciting." Forget any rumored cast lists that have been floating around the web, however: "We've discussed certain characters," said Daley, "but nothing is certain yet, for sure."

Bee tee dubz your obligatory Emma Stone gif is reminding me how badly I want her to show up in the MCU as MJ or something, maybe a character who isn't mostly famous for.... y'know. T_T

giphy.gif

fuuet6L.gif

I AM SO THERE

tumblr_n52dk1Mv7S1roja8qo1_500.gif

If Cap and Spidey race, I think my eyes will burst into flames. I just won't be able to handle the awesome.

Also this:
ibtmknvXC1IPed.gif

gTAoKX.gif

#7 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,979 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:21 AM

Emma Stone's too pretty to play a pimply, pre-pubescent Peter Parker's... paramour (hah, nailed it!). She'd be much better suited to appeal to a certain older Avenger's tastes. She'd sidle up to the tall, broad-shouldered stranger at the bar and shoot him one'a these:

post-32017-Emma-Stone-smoking-gif-Gangst

And in a husky voice she'd purr...

"On your left, handsome"

#8 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:46 AM

Okay, I don't know what this is but I love it:

gTAoKX.gif

#9 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:54 PM

Speaking of Spider Man:

Here's a Montage of Hilarious Tobey McGuire expressions that are the explanation of why he should still be Spider-Man:

#10 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:56 PM

I am so hyped. I love Spider Man and I am stoked that he is part of the MCU now. I would have much preferred they go with the Miles Morales Spidey, but I can deal with Pete.

This forum is about to turn into a war of Cap gifs, Iron Man gifs, and Spidey gifs now, I know it (with all three parties postng supplementary Emma Stone gifs as always).

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#11 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:45 PM

This forum is about to turn into a war of Cap gifs, Iron Man gifs, and Spidey gifs now, I know it (with all three parties posting supplementary Emma Stone gifs as always).

tumblr_inline_mp0brp64Th1qz4rgp.gif

623e119b2fbc7b73e60ece4f2b00740e.gif

EABg2dL.gif

1421415555-emmastone.gif

yoda_meme_by_dwestmoore-d93rpza.jpg

#12 Mr. Skeli'n

Mr. Skeli'n

kick me

• Nova Member
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:40 PM

I think I'm actually looking forward to having a cinema spider man that's as young as he's supposed to be.

Though, if I have to sit through another different adaptation of how-we-got-here shenanigans that come in the first half/third of EVERY spider man reboot...

Hopefully this reboot goes "I think we all know how I got here [insert flashback of spider, then uncle ben, then spidey suit] and now NEW BAD GUYS".

#13 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,979 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:49 AM

It seems like Spidey's already an established hero in the Marvel universe at this point, judging by the shoutout in Ant-Man. If they do have any origin story stuff in his solo movie it'll have to be in flashback, and hopefully Marvel's writers knows that we aaaaall know the story at this point. I'm choosing to take the fact that they've already cast Aunt May without making any mention of Uncle Ben as a good sign (but they could of course announce an Uncle Ben at any point so who knows).

By the way, this year's Aunt May? Marisa Tomei! I know it shouldn't surprise me that people who were in movies from twenty years ago have since become twenty years older, but somehow it always does. How can Marisa Tomei be playing someone's aunt? What? How can she be fifty years old? That doesn't make any sense.

#14 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:30 AM

Does this mean that George could be Uncle Ben? He is her type after all. 

1035x1289-20140630-seinfeld8-x1800-14041

ezgif-2-8ff8fb9d1c.gif

#15 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:38 PM

Just letting you peeps know they confirmed it will not be an origin story a while ago. I doubt they'll even have a flashback.

gTAoKX.gif

#16 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:59 AM

Hopefully this reboot goes "I think we all know how I got here [insert flashback of spider, then uncle ben, then spidey suit] and now NEW BAD GUYS".

Or it could be another movie about Peter-Parker struggling with his powers, breaking up with Mary Jane, and battling a supervillan that ultimately kills himself.

#17 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:21 AM

Or it could be another movie about Peter-Parker struggling with his powers, breaking up with Mary Jane, and battling a supervillan that ultimately kills himself.

Or he could struggle with being an attractive, intelligent, likable, athletic, well-dressed teenage loser.

gTAoKX.gif

#18 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:28 AM

Going to get so much hate for this, but I actually liked Spidey way more after he graduated High School and started going to ESU. >_>

Of course, this may have to do with the fact that a lot of my opinion on that is drawn from the first 40 issues of the original Amazing Spider-Man, which I had in anthologies as a kid and re-read over and over again soooooo many times, and the writing really got good around the time he graduated. :P

v0tzQP.gif

#19 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:46 AM

Going to get so much hate for this, but I actually liked Spidey way more after he graduated High School and started going to ESU. >_>

Of course, this may have to do with the fact that a lot of my opinion on that is drawn from the first 40 issues of the original Amazing Spider-Man, which I had in anthologies as a kid and re-read over and over again soooooo many times, and the writing really got good around the time he graduated. :P

I wouldn't mind that, but he was in college for the first 3 movies of the Raimi trilogy. At least, I think he was in college for the first one. Harry needed help with his homework after their high school graduation, so I hope they were in college. :P

Of course, I seriously doubt he's going to college in the first movie of this reboot considering the age of the actor they chose.

gTAoKX.gif

#20 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

I wouldn't mind that, but he was in college for the first 3 movies of the Raimi trilogy. At least, I think he was in college for the first one. Harry needed help with his homework after their high school graduation, so I hope they were in college. :P

Of course, I seriously doubt he's going to college in the first movie of this reboot considering the age of the actor they chose.

He was in college during most of the first and all the second movies, can't remember if he had graduated by the third one or if they even addressed his education at all, but it's hard to remember anything about that movie beyond Jameson's scenes and Emo Peter.

Yeah, he's definitely going to be back to high school, which is... okay, I guess. I don't have any problem with the teenage version of Spidey, I just always kind preferred him when he was older and struggling with adulthood and trying to pay the rent and legal age, but like I said, I have a skewed preference. Considering I expected Ant-Man to be drek and ended up loving it I have no doubt that this version, teenager or not, will be just fine.

And they confirmed that it won't be an origin story, to which I can only say THANK GOD. I don't think I could have made it through yet another retelling of the same story that every single person going to see this film pretty much already knows by heart.

v0tzQP.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users