GUYS

lWZ8e6F.png

#82 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:07 PM

I can always get behind more Batmen/Robins. :3

If Dick were wearing the cowl, though, Batman wouldn't have been coming out of "retiredment" early on in BvS, though, right? Or was that just me that thought he'd been pretty inactive until recently? Idk.

#83 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:09 PM

Early reviews are in.

They aren't great.

This honestly isn't that big of a surprise. The film looked it was trying to do the Avengers, but evil, and without any of the establishing movies. Even still, I'm disappointed. I would love to see a decent Harley on screen. 

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#84 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:18 PM

Early reviews are in.

They aren't great.

This honestly isn't that big of a surprise. The film looked it was trying to do the Avengers, but evil, and without any of the establishing movies. Even still, I'm disappointed. I would love to see a decent Harley on screen. 

Also with some strangeness inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy... yeah...

#85 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:48 PM

Well, there goes all the optimism I built up these past two months.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

ezgif_com_b873041021.gif

#86 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:13 PM

POPULAR

Well, there goes all the optimism I built up these past two months.

USDC2Xs.gif

MRW people have optimism.

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#87 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:39 PM

POPULAR

Fans of Suicide Squad start a petition to shut down Rotten Tomatoes. The petition has since been revised to claim that the goal is merely to raise awareness that not everyone agrees with critics on movies.

Which should be obvious. A critical review is an opinion and nothing more than that. Critics have the right to dislike something the same way they have the right to like something. All Rotten Tomatoes does is compile all those reviews together.

Don't like their opinion? Disagree. Who cares? :P People astound me.

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#88 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:24 AM

Fans of Suicide Squad start a petition to shut down Rotten Tomatoes. The petition has since been revised to claim that the goal is merely to raise awareness that not everyone agrees with critics on movies.

Which should be obvious. A critical review is an opinion and nothing more than that. Critics have the right to dislike something the same way they have the right to like something. All Rotten Tomatoes does is compile all those reviews together.

Don't like their opinion? Disagree. Who cares? :P People astound me.

Also ironic, since Warner Bros. is a shareholder of Fandango Media, who own Rotten Tomatoes. :P

#89 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:13 PM

@ Ryoma

hP1Zq62.jpg

Seriously though, fans of the movie liking it, that's cool, good for them, but folks need to stop seeking validation from critics. If the movie is actually good (probably not but whatever) then strong word of mouth might help overcome negative reaction, celebrate what you love instead of spending all of your time getting angry at people who don't love the same things as you. Mind you, one of my top favorite movies is Repo: The Genetic Opera and that has a critic score of %38 on Rotten Tomatoes so maybe I'm a little biased.

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#90 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,749 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:45 AM

POPULAR

I still want to see it, but it sounds like it's just as messy and cut to the bone in editing as BvS was, so I can wait for the Blu Ray cut where they fix it. The cinematic equivalent of "I kind of want to play it, but I know there's going to be a GOTY edition next year so I'll wait for that" :P

It feels like DC is in this weird loop where they want to make dark and broody, violent, R-rated movies, but then right at the end they realise you need to hit a PG-rating to make the big bucks, so they edit and cut and reshoot and cobble together something that doesn't really work. It's well-documented that I'm a big dumb idiot that doesn't know anything about anything, but I would like to claim from my armchair here that it seems like they should just make R-rated movies, y'know? It worked for Deadpool.

But no, it's probably just that Marvel has paid off every single working movie critic to give bad reviews to all DC movies.

#91 ReaperMan290

ReaperMan290

Insanity is just a point of view.

• 643 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:48 PM

All right lads, I just watched it. Not nearly as good as I was hoping for, but a far cry from being as bad as the reviews would lead. Yea, it would be much better if they'd just let it be R-rated, but all in all it wasn't terrible.

Margot Robbie as Harley was awesome, honestly, I think she captured the character perfectly. Will Smith as Deadshot was pretty good. The El Diablo character is much better than I expected. Captain Boomerang basically should've been left out of the movie. Jared Leto as Joker has potential BUT they only gave him about 10 minutes of total screen time, so there's no telling how good he actually is.

In other words, wait until they release the inevitable extended version if you want to see Joker (it'll probably be better overall too), but if you just want to watch the rest of them go, then it's not a bad experience. Solid 7.5/10, in my opinion.

gUD5xY0.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users