• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#21 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:20 PM

Affleck is already a better Batman then Bale.

Yeah, but...at least Christian Bale...doesn't have a ridiculously bulk, awesome looking, superman-pwning...

Meh, I guess I like both. :D

#22 Florent

Florent

Poe Dayumeron

• Nova Patron
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:41 PM

To be perfectly honest Ben Afleck is the first actor to play Batman that doesn't make me say "Him?".

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#23 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,165 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:48 PM

And he's a perfect Bruce Wayne.

lWZ8e6F.png

#24 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:07 PM

I've been pondering on the whole "Joker" thing recently, and I think I may finally be able to articulate why this Joker just doesn't work for me.  He's trying too hard. The tattoos, the perpetual crazy eyes, the promo material that always makes him look like he's about to laugh maniacally, it all just looks like a lame attempt to say "Look! We can make a Joker that's EVEN CRAZIER than Heath Ledger!" 

But here's the thing, if you're always blasting "CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY" at full volume there's no impact.  Ledger's Joker was great because he was... Well, subdued a lot of times. You could tell just by looking at him that there was a wild, chaotic animal in there that was already off the chain. But it wasn't going in for the kill all the time, it was stalking, waiting. He didn't always cackle like a madman, he would just give a mocking little chuckle at times.  And when he did let loose, when he did go full on balls-to-the-wall insane and intense, those quiet moments served to emphasize it further.

Also, the Joker shouldn't have grille. He may be insane, but he's still got a bit of class.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#25 Florent

Florent

Poe Dayumeron

• Nova Patron
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:21 PM

I've been pondering on the whole "Joker" thing recently, and I think I may finally be able to articulate why this Joker just doesn't work for me.  He's trying too hard. 

Bruh, he's an evil clown who spends hours on his hair and makeup. He's a guy who spends weeks developing a bomb with a boxing glove inside it that punches you if you try to disarm it. 

Even ledger's Joker tried really hard to be "joker-y". Remember when he crashes the Wayne fund raiser party? 

This part right here.

Just watch the first ten seconds or so. Someone walks up to the elevator, and when it opens there's a guard holding up his badge, but in reality he's just dead and it's The Joker and his goons.

Think about that for a second. Joker and the Jokees got past security, killed the guards, and then the Joker had to have said "hold the door for a second". He then went over to a dead guard, dragged him into the elevator, then while the lift was ascending, propped him up and put his badge in his hand. Imagine being in the elevator during this. The Joker is spending all this time propping up a dead dude, and for what? To surprise whoever opens the door. What was the point of that? It didn't scare the guy who was in front of the door, he didn't think it was funny, it didn't disguise the Joker or his goons in any way. So why did he do it? Because the Joker is a crazy clown who does crazy things because he thinks they're funny, and he's willing to try really hard to accomplish that. 

The Joker is a tryhard. That's kinda what he does. He puts in an unnecessary amount of effort into everything, not for a particular reason, but rather for his bravado. He's a showman who loves himself and thinks he's hilarious, and he wants you to know that.

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#26 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:14 PM

People have such strong feelings about Suicide Squad... I'm pretty meh about all of this. Nothing about this movie interests me at all, other than it being mildly related to superheroes.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#27 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,670 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:23 PM

POPULAR

I think the part I can't get past is just that he's staring directly into the camera. Like, calm down, bro. This is a movie, not a '90s music video.

Also, "Let's just say I put them in the hole and threw away the hole". What? What just came out of your mouth? Who is writing this movie?

#28 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Patron
  • 925 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:32 PM

So, but, guys.

Did you not see the panda with the machine gun?

I feel like you're all just wrong and Suicide Squad is going to be pretty rad. You probably missed the panda with the machine gun if you disagree. Watch the trailer again.

Panda with a machine gun. Can't miss it.

RNGcoloredntouched%20-%20Copy_zpsy9qggiv

... keep your paper heart away from me.

#29 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:35 PM

One of the other thugs is wearing a Batman mask, too.

I'm looking forward to this, personally, yeah. I have no issues with anything I've seen, really.

#30 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Self-Ejected
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:44 PM

Lemme put this into perspective... the man who did this, David Ayer:

HD version of the trailer.

Spoiler

Is the same man who did this:

And in 20 seconds, I had a general idea of what Fury was gonna be about. If you showed me the Suicide Squad trailer with no knowledge of what it was... I'd be pretty bored already. Also, Leto's Joker laugh is stupid.

In general, I thought this trailer was pretty underwhelming. I hope the movie is so much more.

So, but, guys.

I feel like you're all just wrong and Suicide Squad is going to be pretty rad. You probably missed the panda with the machine gun if you disagree. Watch the trailer again.

WTF you talkin' about? At about 2:45 you can see Killer Croc, who is FAR cooler.

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#31 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Patron
  • 925 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:12 PM

WTF you talkin' about? At about 2:45 you can see Killer Croc, who is FAR cooler.

I thought I was speaking plainly. Panda with machine gun. But yeah, Killer Croc looks sweet. I can agree with you there.

Did you see Fury and not like it? I liked that movie. I thought it was pretty cool by me. I liked the people in it and I liked the plot and I thought it was shot really cool, with interesting angles. I thought it did a good job of making you feel like the tank crew was a family. I also thought it did a good job of reminding you that them tanks was cramped quarters. The action scenes were, for the most part, pretty riveting. I thought it was a cool movie. :P

So by using that as an example of why this movie isn't going to be cool... see that logic won't work on me. I liked this director's Fury movie.

What I just luuuuuurve is that you guys heard one, freaking, single laugh. One laugh. And you're (most of you) are like "It's so stupid, derr, me not likey! Ew!"

One laugh, people. It's a trailer. The first trailer, no less. Personally, my favorite Joker laughs were the ones no one was listening for. Every Joker laugh I've ever thought was, like, PERFECT were the laughs that just popped out in and around Joker dialogue. So, sure, Leto's ONE SINGLE LAUGH there in the trailer, it's a little lackluster. But let's cut him some slack and wait at least for another trailer with a little more dialogue before we all leap onto the hate train.

Scratch that. You all can be as miserable and whiney as you like, I couldn't care less. I, on the other hand, will choose to be optimistic here. Cuz I think this movie looks purty coo'. :P

#32 Risk

Risk

• Nova Patron
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:38 PM

Kinda reminds me of Hotline Miami somewhat. It's a shame this is just gonna be a PG-13 movie, I feel like it'd be a lot better if it wasn't restrained by the rating.

xgd0s9.jpg

#33 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Self-Ejected
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:43 PM

I thought I was speaking plainly. Panda with machine gun. But yeah, Killer Croc looks sweet. I can agree with you there.

Did you see Fury and not like it? I liked that movie. I thought it was pretty cool by me. I liked the people in it and I liked the plot and I thought it was shot really cool, with interesting angles. I thought it did a good job of making you feel like the tank crew was a family. I also thought it did a good job of reminding you that them tanks was cramped quarters. The action scenes were, for the most part, pretty riveting. I thought it was a cool movie. :P

So by using that as an example of why this movie isn't going to be cool... see that logic won't work on me. I liked this director's Fury movie.

What I just luuuuuurve is that you guys heard one, freaking, single laugh. One laugh. And you're (most of you) are like "It's so stupid, derr, me not likey! Ew!"

One laugh, people. It's a trailer. The first trailer, no less. Personally, my favorite Joker laughs were the ones no one was listening for. Every Joker laugh I've ever thought was, like, PERFECT were the laughs that just popped out in and around Joker dialogue. So, sure, Leto's ONE SINGLE LAUGH there in the trailer, it's a little lackluster. But let's cut him some slack and wait at least for another trailer with a little more dialogue before we all leap onto the hate train.

Scratch that. You all can be as miserable and whiney as you like, I couldn't care less. I, on the other hand, will choose to be optimistic here. Cuz I think this movie looks purty coo'. :P

Oh don't get me wrong, I love David Ayer's body of work and I loved Fury. He wrote and produced Training Day, freaking Training "King Kong ain't got [stuff] on me" Day. He wrote the original The Fast & The Furious and SWAT, he wrote, directed and produced Sabotage, Fury and End of Watch. The man can make a kick ass movie.

My problem with this trailer is that it looks completely underwhelming. I barely see any Suiciding. Or Squading other than there at the end. Leto's laugh... sounds like a bad Hamil impersonation. I dunno.

I'm not a fan of Leto Joker. Maybe it's because I'm not a big fan of Jared Leto. -shrug-

I'm all in for Batman Vs Superman though. :D

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#34 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Patron
  • 925 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:12 AM

I'm not a fan of Leto Joker. Maybe it's because I'm not a big fan of Jared Leto. -shrug-

See, so maybe that's my thing here... I really like Leto, so I'm kind of excited to see his performance as the Joker. But, hell, I could be super disappointed, so who knows, man.

Maybe most of the people not so hot on Leto Joker are just not Leto fans?

All I know is I love Dark Knight as much as anyone. But I'm ready to move past Ledger Joker and see what the next man up to bat has to offer. I like Leto, I think Jared is going to be awesome. And I like the crazy, tattoo, green hair look they have going for him. (But I might just not be your regular judge because one of my favorite Joker looks was the one they had in "The Batman" series... So what do I know?)

#35 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:10 AM

(But I might just not be your regular judge because one of my favorite Joker looks was the one they had in "The Batman" series... So what do I know?)

In general, I don't care much about the Joker.

But I like this version:

August2634.gif

#36 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:02 AM

(But I might just not be your regular judge because one of my favorite Joker looks was the one they had in "The Batman" series... So what do I know?)

wonder-woman-Oh-no-you-didnt-meme.jpg

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#37 Isundir

Isundir

Rookie

• 337 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:27 AM

Also, the Joker shouldn't have grille. He may be insane, but he's still got a bit of class.

Honestly that's about the one thing I like about this Joker (edit* visually).

So, but, guys.

Panda? What about the Eyeball, 10/10 want an Eyeball mask (too bad Halloween isn't a thing here.)

Edited by Isundir, 15 July 2015 - 10:29 AM.

Right or wrong, which side are you on, does it even matter if it's on the same coin?

#38 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Self-Ejected
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:46 AM

I thought this movie looked alright. Not mind-blowing, but not embarrassingly bad. Certainly more interesting than Batman V. Superman, in my opinion.

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#39 Mr. Skeli'n

Mr. Skeli'n

kick me

• Self-Ejected
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:10 PM

I'm far more interested to see this than I am batman v superman. I feel like this is going to get the treatment of Guardians of the Galaxy where at first it seems comical and at some points too cheesy. But in the end everyone's going to love it.

THOUGH

It is the same people handling the franchise as Batman v Superman, which is dark for the sake of dark, everything-else-preteens-would-find-cool for the sake of. That whole movie screams tryhard.

#40 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Patron
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:13 PM

I'm far more interested to see this than I am batman v superman. I feel like this is going to get the treatment of Guardians of the Galaxy where at first it seems comical and at some points too cheesy. But in the end everyone's going to love it.

THOUGH

It is the same people handling the franchise as Batman v Superman, which is dark for the sake of dark, everything-else-preteens-would-find-cool for the sake of. That whole movie screams tryhard.

I'm suddenly getting this horrible feeling that this whole movie was basically designed to be DC's answer to GotG and that thought fills me with a mix of terror and sadness.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

ezgif_com_b873041021.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users