• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:20 AM

So um there's not really a relevant topic for Suicide Squad, so are we just talking about DC movies here? Anyways...

The new Joker

fNMPy6H.jpg

Spoiler

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#2 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,915 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:33 PM

I'm going to try and maintain a neutral voice in this topic, because it's not yet clear whether this Suicide Squad is worth a reaction in either direction. Long story short: they're making a Suicide Squad movie, directed by David Ayer, a fellow who has completely passed me by because I recognise almost none of the movies he's done so far. Harsh Times, Street Kings, End of Watch... are those ringing any bells? He did Fury, which is that tank one from last year, I think?

Anyway, as I understand it from Arrow and various cartoons, the Suicide Squad is made up of C-List Batman villains that Amanda Waller implants bombs into and forces to do her bidding, blowing their heads up if they refuse. And, with that glowing introduction out of the way, here they are:

cQ2eL2q.jpg

k, lemme spend a few minutes working out who these people are, left to right:

Adam Beach as some guy not listed on the IMDb page*

Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang

Karen Fukuhara as Katana*

Cara Delevingne as Enchantress (wait, isn't she from Marvel?)

Joel Kinneman as Rick Flag (like... Randall Flagg from Stephen King? No idea on this one)*

Some newcomer named Will Smith as Deadshot

Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Killer Croc

Jay Hernandez as El Diablo*

I've taken the liberty of asteriskerising all the ones I think are probably going to get killed off pretty quickly because their actors aren't famous enough. Here's Deadshot in full regalia, btw:

11188331_10155425076730161_6632703933412

So, yeah, that's a movie. I'm kind of lukewarm on the whole thing, but I do think Margot Robbie as Harley is surprisingly perfect casting. She was almost playing her already in Wolf of Wall Street.

Also, The Joker is in it, and if my post-moving skills haven't atrophied completely that picture should be... well, either under or over this one, I'm not sure.

EDIT - OK, over this one. For the record, I'm... eeeeeeh-ish on that Joker. Joker needs eyebrows, and the 'Damaged' tattoo seems way too self aware. But, whatevs, let's wait for a trailer.

EDIT AGAIN - Alright, tell me this isn't the Harley-est thing ever:

P79KMHs.jpg

#3 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:21 PM

Literally the only person I have heard of on that list is Harley Quinn. Whether or not that had anything to do with my general lack of knowledge of the DC 'verse in general is irrelevant.

I'll remain pretty much dead-neutral for now. Premise is cool and casting seems to not be terrible, but I know next to nothing about these guys besides what Ocelot already posted.

I'll need a trailer to swing my opinion either way.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#4 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:48 PM

Let's see, in that line-up we've got three Batman villains. One looks like a cross between a rapper and The Thing (Fantastic Four, just to clarify), one looks okay but not too impressive (sad because Harley's costume is honestly the most comic-book-y and in-character out of all of them), and this last is Deadshot as portrayed by the Fresh Prince of Bel Air (why do I get the feeling Deadshot is just going to be "After Earf" Will Smith with guns?) Then we have Captain Boomerang, who I only know of because I watch way too much "Atop the Fourth Wall"; Enchantress, who looks like she just got dragged through a swamp and had to be hopped up on caffeine just to be awake for this photo; and Katana, who I only know from one-shot episodes of DC animated stuff where her character was basically "quiet Asian chick with a sword".  Oh yeah, and there are three other dudes with guns that we're supposed to care about yet I've never heard of. Okay sorry, make that two dudes with guns and one who traded his to bribe the costume designer for for tatoos and an outfit that wasn't black tactical gear. 

Actually I do think I remember the name "Rick Flag" from somewhere. Either he's descended from Colonel Flag, a recurring CIA conspiracy nutjob from "M*A*S*H", or he's the generic jock character from "Kim Possible". No matter which it is that is a weird crossover.

Edit: Also that's not the Joker, that's the cover to a Slipknot album. Movie industry, please rectify this before we upgrade to double-facepalm status.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#5 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:36 PM

The general feeling i get the more i see stuff for this movie is that they're trying to sell it to gangster and people who shop at hot topic. I think the casting is meh at best, the costumes are horrible and the movie at best will be watchable maybe once

mudkip.png

#6 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:19 PM

I like the concept a lot, but the grim 'n' gritty art direction is totally bleugh. the Nolan trilogy is the only superhero film to achieve a realistic look that didn't totally suck and shall remain that way for a long time, I suspect.

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#7 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Supreme Alpha Male. Also the Last Jedi.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

POPULAR

fNMPy6H.jpg

52252-SpiderMan--This-Is-Why-We-Cant-4px

#8 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,915 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:58 PM

Comic Con trailer leak. SDCC 2015: Everything was leaked :P

#9 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:20 AM

Comic Con trailer leak. SDCC 2015: Everything was leaked :P

Wrong link or wrong topic Occy. Regardless that Is some nice deadpool footage. Movie looks pretty great

mudkip.png

#10 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,915 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:51 AM

Sorry, I'm dumb. OK, try this one instead.

I really can't muster anything to say about it. It's just totally unremarkable in every way. Although, in case you were wondering, yes, Will Smith does say, "So, we're some kind of Suicide Squad".

#11 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:12 AM

Welcom tu Urf.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#12 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:51 AM

... I'm am so uninterested in that movie, it's crazy. 

I thought the trailer may gave me a little interest or curiosity, but it just seems so lifeless they had to include Harley Quinn to make up some color, and she doesn't even appear that much interesting despite appearing to be a main character.

DC, what are you doing with your own characters !?!

Also, this Joker ... just ... doesn't appeal to me.

I hoped BvS and Suicide Squad would be a start for the DC movie universe ... but really, these movies are trying to much on the symbolism or dark elements...

#13 Florent

Florent

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:11 PM

I actually legitimately don't understand why people are mad at this incarnation of The Joker. He looks fantastic, sounds fantastic, and will probably be fantastic.

#14 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:48 PM

Well, I liked the trailer.

#15 Florent

Florent

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:34 PM

HD version of the trailer.

Spoiler

#16 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:13 PM

Y'know, trying to ape Heath Ledger's Joker (which is so obviously what he's trying to do) is just going to remind people how much better his version was.

2004-2018

#17 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:29 AM

Y'know, trying to ape Heath Ledger's Joker (which is so obviously what he's trying to do) is just going to remind people how much better his version was.

For a while, a lot of people were totally for Ledger's Joker as one of the best villain in a superhero movie. Both in looks, acting and ideologies...

And now I'm seeing around the Internet a lot of comments about how just by a few seconds and even less pictures, this one is totally going to be better...

... How, people, how ?

#18 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:40 AM

For a while, a lot of people were totally for Ledger's Joker as one of the best villain in a superhero movie. Both in looks, acting and ideologies...

For a while, everyone was complaining about Heath Ledger being cast as the Joker and that he was going to be awful.

Funny how that works.

#19 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Supreme Alpha Male. Also the Last Jedi.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:28 AM

I'm still not crazy about the Joker.

I'm actually glad that Batfleck is (possibly) in this movie, though, because without it, the city would be screwed. :P

The only way it could get better is if Christian Bale became Batman again.

(Also, I temporarily confused Deathstroke with Deadshot while writing this. :D)

#20 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,180 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:08 PM

The only way it could get better is if Christian Bale became Batman again.

Affleck is already a better Batman then Bale.

lWZ8e6F.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users