Marvel / DC

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:55 PM

Anybody else watch the Gotham pilot? I was really pleased with it, especially the huge number of cameos (more or less). Stellar casting all around, IMO, and I'm really just excited to see where it will go.

#2 Burngirl

Burngirl

You are clear for takeoff.

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

I feel the same way. I'm no critic, but if I enjoy the move or series, I think it's fantastic. Really loved the atmosphere the show gives, and it got dark fast. You dove into a world where crime and corruption rule, and it may be a boy's wish that makes justice stand a chance.

Spot on in the beginning, and at first I was a little skeptical with the first 15 minutes' fast pace, but soon found myself immersed as faces and roles quickly found slots in the plot. Yeah, I admit I never read the comics, so that might be why I was a little overwhelmed with the cameos and new faces in the beginning.

Riddler, though. Oh, my word. Great cameo.

Posted Image

Photograph by me, editions made in Paint.net

Click the picture if you want to see my photography collection.

#3 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:25 PM

Atmosphere. Yes. It was just perfect. And it's si great to see where these "super" villains are at before they're really bad/super (some are already bad, obviously...) interesting to see it follow Agents of SHIELD in its reluctancy to have supers right off the bat. And Arrow, too, though they brought in Deadshot fairly fast... Not super, persay, but recognizable and at his full comic-book strength.

#4 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:17 AM

Okay, did not expect them to

Spoiler

Aside from a few cringey bits, this show could pick up some serious steam like SHIELD did last year.

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#5 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:02 AM

Alfred is an absolute delight to watch. Oy m8 u wonna bloody yer nose, ye bugger.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#6 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:13 AM

I love Alfred's impatience with Bruce. Just saying.

As for the spoiler tags above: really?
Spoiler

#7 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

I love Alfred's impatience with Bruce. Just saying.

As for the spoiler tags above: really?

Spoiler

It was a blink and you'd miss it thing when they were discussing it. But the name was indeed on that map they laid out. I had to pause to make sure I wasn't seeing things. This could be something to building up to in a later season or something.

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#8 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:36 AM

Ooo. Cool. Yeah, I was multi-tasking and doing other stuff while I watched it on a second monitor >_>

#9 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:15 PM

Any further thoughts now it's in its fourth episode? I'm still loving the atmosphere, and there is certainly a built-up feeling. I actually loved Selina Kyle and The Balloonman, the all-around character development of Bruce, Gordon, etc. is pretty well-done.

Posted Image

#10 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:37 AM

I remember reading somewhere that they were purposely keeping the general time vague, and that's something I really appreciate. They have cellphones and general technology that doesn't look super up-to-date or outdated, the cars are somewhat old-timey in general, but again, not too much so. Costuming has likewise been vague, but I think more differed than other areas, and generally a bit more modern than not (casual clothes, anyways. Only instance of this I'm coming up with is Barbara in the apartment once.)

And I think all of that is what creates the beautiful atmosphere. It's a wonderful balance of old and new; good, bad, and not-bad-yet characters; detective/cop show and super-hero-esque show.

While I'm a bit more enthralled by Flash than any other shows right now (due to his being awesome), I'd probably have to admit that Gotham is a technically and aesthetically better show- probably the best of the ones I'm watching.

#11 Burngirl

Burngirl

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:39 AM

I can tell it's going to be a while before Gotham starts getting the ball rolling.

I haven't seen Flash yet, but I can imagine because they already introduced the character and it goes alongside Arrow, it picked up a lot faster and they were able to do more much faster.

Much like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., they had the more recent Avengers film to provide a ton of background and already established foundation for the team to do a lot more.

Posted Image

#12 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

So I finally caught up on the last seven or so episodes... Hot dang this show is good. The casting, I just... I can't even at how great the casting is all-around. It's cool that they've started introducing the idea of the Joker to us, while keeping any specific character from standing out too much.

And the Scarecrow, man... The freaking scarecrow...

Spoiler

#13 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:25 AM

Come on, nobody around here watch this? Granted, I'm just now catching up on season 2, but /dang/. Just. What. Guys.

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel / DC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users