(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#22 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,751 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:22 AM

My face at all times during this episode:

giphy.gif

IT'S SO TENSE! It just never lets up, and it's just so unlike anything I've ever seen before that I have no idea where it's going to go. I honestly feel like every scene is going to end with a main character dying, and even when they do I still never see it coming!

Spoiler

#23 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,176 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:33 AM

I'm up to episode four now.

You guys were right, this show is tense.

Also any scene with Mike Milligan and the Kitchen Brothers is wonderfully written and acted.

lWZ8e6F.png

#24 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:53 PM

Me rn after that ep:

1280787764160.gif

PXwSeJy.png

#25 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,751 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:21 AM

At first I was like

2dd.jpg

then I was like

1434959291377.jpg

now it's just full on

sweat_guy_spiral_by_chadrocco-d866ob4.jp

Spoiler

#26 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:37 PM

So... that was unexpected. In true Fargo fashion, no less. Epic, yet so utterly mundane.

But I'm really less caring about this ep, and more of what it has teased.

Spoiler

But, YOU GUYS. FARGO SEASON 3 WON'T AIR UNTIL 2017.

WHY :negative:

PXwSeJy.png

#27 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,751 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:23 AM

giphy.gif

Spoiler

#28 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:55 PM

Quickly bumping this because Year 2's (Yeah 'Years' instead of seasons/series, apparently.) soundtrack just hit recently, and the music of this series is really some underrated masterwork.

YT link for all of them

Here are some highlights:

Fargo Year 2 Theme

Rye's Theme (New version of the 'Wrench and Numbers' tune from Fargo Year 1)

Herman's Malt (AKA The Gerhardt Theme) -This one is one of my absolute favorites.

PXwSeJy.png

#29 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:10 PM

Ewan McGregor is the first cast member for Fargo Season 3. ...and he's playing both of the main characters.

PXwSeJy.png

#30 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,751 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:49 PM

Ewan McGregor is the first cast member for Fargo Season 3. ...and he's playing both of the main characters.

Well, I'm sold. The casting director for this show is out of control and I love it.

#31 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,751 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:45 PM

WHO LIKES MARY ELIZABETH WINSTEAD TRAILERS?

More like TWO-wan McGregor, amiriteoramiriteoramirite?

#32 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,751 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:52 AM

I just caught up with the first four episodes of this new season, and it's excellent so far. I was quite unhappy indeed with the way season 2 went, so I was gunshy going into this one, but it won me over pretty quickly. I love the new characters, particularly Carrie Coon as a much-less-twee-than-usual Fargo character, and I'm looking forward to see where the story's going.

And then Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia turned up as a bit character, too, so that was pretty neat.

#33 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:52 AM

Anyone still watching this show? Season 3 thoughts??

I was all over the quantum theory, life is suffering, evil is huge and inescapable, aw shucks what are the odds-edness of it all. The writing of the overall story was not quite as solid as in previous seasons and it lacked the "gotcha" hook that really grabbed my interest in the first two seasons, but the dialogue, cinematography, acting, tension, music, etc. was still on point.

Spoiler

Thoughts? It's no season 2, but this season got very existential and nuanced which I liked. Probably not going to win any awards but I'd like to see Thewlis get something.

Posted Image

#34 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,751 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:21 AM

I was really enjoying Season 3 until the final episode, particularly how they handled Nikki Swango:

Spoiler

So far the only one of these seasons I've really enjoyed all the way through is the first one. Seasons 2 and 3 have been nine great episodes followed by really disappointingly dumb endings. I know you're supposed to pretend it's not about the destination, it's about the journey, but nobody ever says that about journeys with great destinations.

#35 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:20 AM

That first season is such a masterpiece. And while I thought Season 2 was great, it leaned heavy on its period piece setting to prop its weaker parts up.

I'm sorta dreading catching the 3rd season at some point. It's barely got any ties to the other 2 seasons (aside from one or two particular characters that I know of)

PXwSeJy.png

#36 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:07 AM

yeah, I really do kind of wish that every season had centered on the Solversons in some way, though that would start to lose credibility in the same way that in Jurassic Park it became unbelievable that the same people kept finding ways to get stuck on the dinosaur island(s).

Season 1 was the most faithful to the source material, and at the same time kind of caught people off-guard who thought the notion of "the movie Fargo, but a tv show, with Martin Freeman?" was a dubious idea. But I really liked watching the show grow and find its own voice while still wink-winking to the Coen Brothers' filmography. Say what you will about Season 2's ending and whether or not you liked the UFOs and stuff (I personally was more displeased with the somehow even less credible conclusion of Hanzee's arc), but that's some of the best executed (written, directed, acted, and scored) television I've ever witnessed. 

The first two seasons are must-watch. I wouldn't say the same about the third, but I would still recommend it. Primarily for David Thewlis, and the utter weirdness of the plot's trajectory. It's not great, but it's good. My fingers are still crossed they'll do another season.

Posted Image

#37 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:45 AM

Noah Hawley said he's done for the foreseeable future. And honestly, it's probably better they quit while they're ahead, or wait X amount of years until he comes up with a good reason to make another one.

PXwSeJy.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users