4 replies to this topic

#1 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 01:23 PM

the_witcher_netflix_0.jpeg

Sooo...anybody watching? Up to Episode 5, and really the only thing that's tripped me up about it has been the anachronistic order to the storylines. Most of Geralt's (and Yennefer's even moreso) portions of the episodes are taking places years or more before Ciri's storyline.

Other than that? It's fantastic. Anya Chalotra as Yen? Killin' it. Joey Batey as Jaskier/Dandelion? Killin' it x2. Henry Cavill as Geralt? You'd better believe he's killin' it. He's channeling Doug Cockle's performance from the games through and through.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is now on Steam!

Halo Reach available now, CE Anniversary/H2 Anniversary/H3/ODST/H4 coming in 2020.

Halo Infinite  - Holiday 2020 (PC/Xbox One/Xbox Scarlett)

"The Reclamation has begun...and we are powerless to stop it."

-Shadow-of-Sundered-Star "The Didact" (Halo 4, 2012)

#2 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,221 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:33 PM

My wife is a yuge fan of the games and the books and thinks the show is great so far (2 eps in).

I'm a Witcher virgin except for what I've gleaned from playing on my PC while she played Witcher 3 on Xbox so I'm having a bit of a hard time keeping track of what's what, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Feels like just the right amount of world building and story.

I'm curious to see where it goes.

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

#3 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 09:56 PM

jNEMa6q.jpg

#4 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• Nova Member
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:15 PM

And is there a problem with it?

#5 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 932 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 07:28 AM

I was ill a couple weeks ago, so I binged it then. I liked a lot of it! Especially liked the fights with Geralt and the different monsters. Although, I did feel like there were a few lost opportunities for some of the social commentary that makes the games so great. Like the show tried, but didn't quite get there.

I don't get why they decided to play it out of sequence though? Didn't feel, to me, like it added anything to the story and it made some stuff a little confusing. I guess it was their best way of telling three stories at once maybe? I wasn't into it I guess. The dragon episode was by far my favorite from this season though.

This song wasn't featured in the show, but it's about Geralt.

I almost feel like it portrays the central core of the Witcher story better than eight episodes did...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users