NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Wylfgard: The Curse of Greed - A Roleplay Sign Up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
173 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:18 PM

SIGN-UPS ARE CLOSED.

Wylfgard – The Curse of Greed

Before I begin, I want to say a few things…
This is an in-depth roleplay. That means you will shape your character carefully or you will not be accepted. Also, be prepared for a lot of reading and planning – but don’t worry, I’ve figured out the numbers for you… at least, most of them.
I’m counting on all of you to be active in the RP and help me keep it alive. I have plenty of other things to do (work and play included), but nonetheless I will be monitoring this closely and managing it as best I can with the time I have. Do your part by being active and submitting good characters that will work well in the realm of Wylfgard. Speaking of that, I would like to note that I will not be very harsh on anyone, but I’ll be judging your characters by several different things:
1. How good in general the character is, such as if their background, equipment, appearance, etc. is believable.
2. How well your character fits into the Wylfgard world. In other words, if someone like him would actually exist canonically in Wylfgard. So be sure to stop by the Wylfgard Archive and read up on some information about things there; I know it’s not a lot and for that I apologize, we’re still working hard on the site, but we’ve run into some delays that, hopefully, we will fix soon and get the site working. We’re also still working on some content. Anyway, moving on…
3. How well you followed the guidelines (the numbers, etc.) set up by this extremely Beta version of my ruleset.
4. How well you have created a character whose background, appearance, etc. fits someone of his race\species.
Bear in mind, though, that you’ll have ample chance to correct these things and the ability to resubmit your sign up once you do. If something is wrong with your sign up, I’ll let you know and you can do just that. wink.gif

The Story
Knights, heroes, myths, monsters, legends…
You are none of these things. You hear of them and their exploits, but never do you partake in them yourself, for you are a civilian, but no matter what your standing and occupation you find yourself in a strange situation, and that is as follows:
You are in the city of Minos, which is rumored to be home of some terrible breed of monster – a caged ‘minotaur,’ a bull of Minos. Minos lies very close to the South, but it is an Imperial city that was constructed on a small island just outside the mouth of a large body of water separating the border of the Empire from the border of the South. Hence, Minos has become a great city of trade, and is home to both Western and Southern merchants – though some more exotic folk may also traverse within its walls, such as men that travel all the way from the far reaches of Northrim, who are considered quite a strange sight in this region.
Still, the city is always bustling and more than ready for business. Whether you seek to expand your company over more cities, leave Minos and find a place with at least a bit less competition, visit some distant business partner or even a relative, or simply explore new lands, you have a desire to leave this place and find something new.
Now, at last, your opportunity has come.
A ship set for the city of Illikon – a port city near the borders of Northrim and even larger than Minos – is preparing to leave. Its captain and crew seem a good enough sort, and more than reliable…
But many dangers lurk in the sea, particularly for merchants. Despite this, you wonder what could await you in Illikon – other than gold. Business partners? A new place to set up shop? Another city to expand your company to?
Adventure?

Rules
This is the sign-up ONLY. The RP itself will begin in a different topic, and I will go over the rules of the RP there.
1. All sign-ups must be approved by me.
2. If your character is not accepted, don’t feel bad. Yes, that’s a rule. tongue.gif
3. This RP is set two years before the first novel in the series The Legend of the Five, and it will not tie in (in any way) to the novels.
4. This RP will be using an EXTREMELY BETA VERSION of a ruleset I’ve been working on. Bear in mind THAT NOTHING AND I MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT THIS RULESET IS FINAL. wink.gif
5. In roleplaying terms, you all begin at Level 1. I’m not sure if I’ll make you level up through the RP or not yet… I’m thinking about it.
6. I will determine your beginning gold. Be sure to keep track of it. You don’t have infinite, and if you run out you’ll be in a pinch.
7. You may request a certain race and\or class of character from me if you want to. Just PM me with your request and I’ll consider it. However, DO NOT POST YOUR REQUEST IN THIS TOPIC, JUST PM ME ABOUT IT. I’ll explain further if anyone PMs me.

Character Creation

An Overview
This is a COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY EXPERIMENTAL ruleset I’m making up. NOT A SINGLE THING ABOUT THIS IS FINAL AT ALL (yes, I really did just say that again). Now here’s a brief overview; some things you need to know:
I. There are no classes. This is currently a skill-based system.
II. The Statistics may be different from what you are used to, so don’t just assume you know them all; look over them. This applies to everything about the ruleset as well.
III. I will be doing dice rolls in this game, so your character’s stats, traits, etc. WILL actually have an effect on the game.
IV. I have left out a lot of elements of the ruleset to make things smoother for a forum RP run by just one person, such as Skills, Abilities, Virtues, and Traits. In other words, this is extremely simplified: basically the only ruleset element here is Statistics.

Races
NOTICE: I have not included quite a few species. If you want to be ANY other species you can think of, or you want to ask about one you have heard me use before that is not in this list, ask me via PM, as previously stated in this sign-up. If you wish to be a mixed race or species of some sort, please ask me via PM as you would with any other race, before you post your sign-up or even post at all.
Elves and dwarves are not currently available for various reasons. If you want to be one, please PM me about that as well.

SPECIES
Human – The most common sapient beings, humans dominate all but the harshest regions of the mortal realm. They are known for being entirely simple creatures with no natural magical affinity, and although one in every thousands of humans may be born with such affinity, they are viewed as inhuman and strange. In general humans are warlike and often seek adventure, though most all human societies fear such things as magic and monsters.

RACES
HUMAN
Westerner – More commonly known as Imperials, Westerners are a diverse race of humans native to the Western region of the world, which is now known as the Empire. They have light skin and can bear a wide variety of hair and eye colors.
There is no limit to the number of Imperials available.

Northerner – Called barbarians by most Imperials, Northerners are native to Northrim, the Northwestern region of the world. Like Imperials, all Northerners are light-skinned and also like Imperials they have a variety of hair and eye colors, though Northerners tend to have light hair and eyes. Northerners are generally taller than Imperials.
There may only be two Northerners in this game. This number is negotiable, but I somehow doubt it’ll come to that.

Southerner – Men from the Southwest have darker skin than those of the northern regions. Their hair and eyes are also always dark.
There is no limit to the number of Southerners available.

Gifted, humans with magical abilities, are only available if you ask me via PM before you post anything at all. If you want to ask to be a Gifted, just PM me about it and do not post here at all.

Statistics
All of you must assign statistics numbers to your characters. Here are basic sheets for ALL of the characters:

Strength: 3
Perception: 3
Endurance: 3
Agility: 3
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 3
Wisdom: 3
Willpower: 3
Luck: 3
POINTS TO SPEND: 83
Remember that NO STAT CAN GO ABOVE 18. Now, here are the explanations for what each stat does:

Strength – Strength determines how heavy and strong a character can hit with a melee weapon, how much a character can carry, certain types of armor and weapons a character can use, and how well they can lift heavy objects and carry their weight when climbing.

Perception – Perception determines a character’s ability to sense things in the world around him: it affects a character’s sight, hearing, and taste, among other things. It also influences how observant they are, and how well they can detect another character’s reaction to them, or detect a lie, and also detect physical things like traps and hidden enemies or objects.

Endurance – Endurance determines a character’s hardiness. It greatly influences the number of hit points a character will gain at each level, as well as how many they will start with. It also determines resilience to the elements and fatigue.

Agility – Agility determines attack speed, accuracy with ranged weapons, and to a small extent movement speed. It also influences a character’s armor class and ability to generally move well in the world around him.

Charisma – Determines a character’s social skills, such as their ability to intimidate, persuade, charm, or bluff. To a mild extent, it influences the main character’s physical appearance. It also determines a character’s ability to lead and affects store prices and NPC reactions.

Intelligence – A character’s ability to reason and figure solutions to problematic situations. Intelligence determines a character’s ability to use certain types of magic and spells, as well as how many skill points a character gains per level up. It also determines a character’s ability to comprehend things such as foreign languages, and is useful for a tactical character.

Wisdom – Wisdom determines a character’s common sense and spirituality. As a result, it affects the ability to cast certain spells, such as spells of Divine and Spiritual nature. It also affects a character’s ability to communicate with spirits, such as those of nature, or even with the gods. Wisdom is also important for determining a character’s memory span and other things.

Willpower – Willpower determines a character’s mental strength. It helps when resisting mind-influencing experiences, such as traumas, or mind-effecting spells. It also assists in resisting things such as brainwashing, mental torture, and, combined with Endurance, helps resist physical torture. In extreme situations, high Willpower helps a character resist insanity.

Luck – Luck determines many random elements, such as how often critical hits are scored, how well a character can win at gambling, or what quality of random items a character might find in a common container. In some cases, it will determine less random elements. However, unlike most rolls, Luck rolls are never displayed.

Sign-up Sheet (Explanation)
The full sheet is at the bottom of the explanation for each piece. Please do not use the sheet with the explanations for the categories on it. Some of the categories will be skipped since they’re easy enough to know the nature of. For your hair and eye colors, go by your race’s standards, if they are listed\if there are any.

Race (I WILL accept some races that are not on the list. Just send me a PM request about it. You must give me a few reasons as to why you want a completely different race, and I will consider it.)

Gender (male or female, of course)

Appearance (do NOT explain your armor appearance here; this is your physical appearance. Body and face both. Are you muscular, or are you a walking pile of muscle? Perhaps you are neither – are you fat, or skinny? This is also your facial features. Does your hooked nose give you a typically evil look, or do you not have a hooked nose? What is your typical facial expression? You can also say overall details. Is your face ugly or attractive? What does your beard look like, or do you even have one? Etc.)

Height (how tall is your character? Be sure to be reasonable)

Occupation (try to pick something fairly ordinary and something that would actually go to Illikon. In other words, no soldiers; if you were a soldier, you’d be staying in Minos)

Clothing (what does your character wear?)

Merchant Stock (This is the general stock of your store you are transporting with you in crates on your trip to Illikon. If you are not a merchant, don’t fill this out. If you don’t have a stock of goods or aren’t bringing one, don’t fill this out.)

Accessories (food\jerky, flint, etc. This is just personal items and personal accessories like jewelry or something that you keep on your person, not your merchant stock. Try not to overstock yourself, or you may find yourself weighed down, and especially since you’re already transporting a lot of other goods a different way. Also, NO magical equipment)

Personality (your character’s personality, quite simple really… go into as much detail as you like)

Fears (There are many fears that people have… list your character’s fears)

Bio (your character’s background. Be sure to include their social standing (commoner, noble, you know all that), mention of how they got their occupation, etc.)

Sign-up Sheet
Use this sign-up sheet when creating your character. Be sure to copy and paste FROM the codebox, but DO NOT copy and paste your sign up into another codebox. I’m doing this for your convenience, since I already have everything in bold and italics; it also makes it easier for me to read.

CODE
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]  

[b]Abilities[/b]
[I]Strength:[/I]
[I]Perception:[/I]
[I]Endurance:[/I]
[I]Agility:[/I]
[I]Charisma:[/I]
[I]Intelligence:[/I]
[I]Wisdom:[/I]
[I]Willpower:[/I]
[I]Luck:[/I]

[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Clothing:[/b]
[b]Merchant Stock:[/b]  
[b]Accessories:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Fears:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:40 PM

Well, here's one I made when you first suggested the RP. If you don't like it, I'll make another.

QUOTE (Richard @ Mar 29 2009, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not really good with stats, I'm more used to the rules of the rps we usually play on the forum. But I'll see what I can do...

I'm going for a Grumpy Old man kind of character tongue.gif. He's what I thought would happen to Sinbad the Sailor in his later years.

Name: Leonard 'Gramps' Church de Publicius
Alignment: Neutral Good
Personality: In his younger days, Leonard was quite the charmer, and also had a good sense of humor and a hunger for adventure. Now pushing 70, he's lost most of those traits, and is now a grumpy, rather antisocial old man, though that adventurous spark from his youth still burns bright, and will do almost anything to get away from his fifteen or so Grand kids. Many claim under that crusty exterior is a heart of gold. Leonard spits at those claims.
Weapon: Broadsword, concealed dagger, whalebone cane, His dry wit.
Inventory: A large pouch of gold, Several kegs of premium quality Dwarven Brew and a large assortment of meats and cheese, assorted pieces of 'exotic' jewelry, a memory full of exotic stories, an old horse (Unimaginatively named Horsey.).
Profession: Overseas trader and part-time adventurer. Currently Semiretired and owner of one of Minos's more popular Inn & Tavern, The Eight-Legged Horse
Bio: Born the heir of a rich merchant in the Imperial Capital City of Publicius, Leonard was never content with the city life. He spent several years in the Imperial Legion, he was forced to return and take over his father's Large company when his father died in an accident involving a dragon and a sorcerer. He enjoyed traveling, going every corner of the globe to do business in far off lands, at the same having plenty of adventures. He remarried several times and has no shortage of children.

Unfortunately, after spending many years on the high seas, he lost one of his legs while adventuring in the Far North. He was forced to settle down (Largely thanks to the pestering of his Children.). His eldest son took over the family business, and he bought himself a large tavern, or as he calls it, 'The Starting Point of Every Major Adventure'. Nowadays, he spends most of his time sitting in the corner of The Eight-Legged Horse, telling stories about his past adventurers to anyone who would listen, and waiting for anyone who needs an old swordsman in his quest.

Leonard is a capable swordsman and an experienced adventurer, having traveled all around the place. While his age and missing leg may leave him a little slow, he still wields the blade quite handily. The kind of person who refuses to acknowledge he's past his due date, he is a good friend to have in a group.

I made him an old man 'cause not all PC's have to be young Action Stars tongue.gif

EDIT: Please wait while I edit the sign up to fit in smile.gif

Edited by Richard, 10 April 2009 - 11:41 PM.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#3 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:02 AM

Name: Leonard 'Gramps' Church de Publicius
Race: Western Human

Strength: 8
Perception: 6
Endurance: 10
Agility: 4
Charisma: 12
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 8
Willpower: 10
Luck: 15

Occupation: Owner of Tavern (Eight-Legged-Horse), Former Trader and Part-time Adventurer
Height: 6'3
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Grey
Merchant Stock: Several kegs of premium quality Southern Wines and a large assortment of meats and cheese, assorted pieces of 'exotic' jewelry.
Clothing: Northerner Cloak, Basic cloth clothing, Leather boot, Whalebone pegleg, Chainmail shirt (Dwarven forged).
Accessories:Broadsword, concealed dagger, a memory full of exotic stories, an old horse (Unimaginatively named Horsey.), a small pet monkey named Wendi.
Personality: In his younger days, Leonard was quite the charmer, and also had a good sense of humor and a hunger for adventure. Now pushing 70, he's lost most of those traits, and is now a grumpy, rather antisocial old man, though that adventurous spark from his youth still burns bright, and will do almost anything to get away from his fifteen or so Grand kids. Many claim under that crusty exterior is a heart of gold. Leonard spits at those claims.
Fears: Losing his other leg, being thrown in Solitary, his grandkids, Being the Gods' pawn.
Bio: Born the heir of a rich merchant in the Imperial Capital City of Publicius, Leonard was never content with the city life. He spent several years in the Imperial Legion, he was forced to return and take over his father's Large company when his father died in an accident involving a dragon and a sorcerer. He enjoyed traveling, going every corner of the globe to do business in far off lands, at the same having plenty of adventures. He remarried several times and has no shortage of children.

Unfortunately, after spending many years on the high seas, he lost one of his legs while adventuring in the Far North. He was forced to settle down (Largely thanks to the pestering of his Children.). His eldest son took over the family business, and he bought himself a large tavern, or as he calls it, 'The Starting Point of Every Major Adventure'. Nowadays, he spends most of his time sitting in the corner of The Eight-Legged Horse, telling stories about his past adventurers to anyone who would listen, and waiting for anyone who needs an old swordsman in his quest.

Leonard is a capable swordsman and an experienced adventurer, having traveled all around the place. While his age and missing leg may leave him a little slow, he still wields the blade quite handily. The kind of person who refuses to acknowledge he's past his due date, he is a good friend to have in a group.

Alright, I tweaked it so it would fir with the new rules. What do you think?

Edited by Richard, 26 April 2009 - 07:39 PM.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#4 Iron Corsair

Iron Corsair

Forever Alone

• 1,362 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:13 AM

Name: Geoffrey Heckloch
Race: Westerner

Abilities
Strength: 4
Perception: 14
Endurance: 4
Agility: 13
Charisma: 15
Intelligence: 13
Wisdom: 14
Willpower: 13
Luck: 14

Height: 5'9
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Appearance: Tall and lanky, Geoffrey has a neatly trimmed bear and mustache combo. His nose looks like it was broken once, being slightly crooked looking. Normally Geoffrey keeps a straight face unless someone insults him, in which case he flushes and his eyebrows begin to twitch. Geoffrey has a slightly attractive face, but he certainly would not win a beauty contest.
Clothing: Geoffrey wears a green shirt, with a brown cloak and sea blue pants. He wears standard boots made of leather.
Merchant Stock: N/A
Accessories: Tinderbox, 3 days worth of rations (Food and Water), a Lyre, a half finished wooden flute, and a small knife.
Personality: Geoffrey is most of the time very jovial and light hearted, making jokes as often as he can. He is known to make comments in the middle of his songs as he plays his lyre. Geoffrey seems not to have a care in the world while playing his lyre, or singing.
Fears: Spiders, death, sharks, breaking the law, and roast chicken.
Bio: Geoffrey was born in a small village to a commoner family. His father was a baker and part time bard, while his mother mostly stayed at home. His mother did have a talent for singing, though. Geoffrey was not like most boys in his village who all wanted to be soldiers when they grew up. Instead he wanted to be a Bard, wandering the country side with not a care in the world. Geoffrey implored his father to help him with playing the lyre and flute. Geoffrey's father agreed. Geoffrey had a natural talent for the playing the lyre and flute, so the training was very easy for Geoffrey. At the age of eighteen, Geoffrey left his village with only the clothes on his back, his lyre, some food and a knife which he used to carve a wooden flute. Geoffrey was well liked by the local villagers, so he traveled even farther. It was in a small village that Geoffrey first had roast chicken. Immediately after eating it, Geoffrey vomited all over the hosts table. Angered, the host chased Geoffrey out of his home and smacked him over the head with a live chicken. Needless to say Geoffrey never visited that village again. Geoffrey is now twenty-eight and knows some popular songs that villagers sing, and at every village he tries to learn a new song.

#5 Evil Eye Guy

Evil Eye Guy

Too legit to quit

• 1,537 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (Richard @ Apr 11 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Height: (I'm not familiar with measurements in feet, can I go with metres?)

Just use one of the numerous meter to feet converters they have online

In a world built sky-scraper over slum; the city is about to go UNDER

|D i v i s i o N|

A Cyberpunk Text-Adventure

#6 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:58 AM

Name: Janette Fynnston

Abilities
Strength: 6
Perception: 10
Endurance: 8
Agility: 11
Charisma: 14
Intelligence: 9
Wisdom: 7
Willpower: 9
Luck: 10

Occupation: Usually guards parties of merchants and such - adventurer
Height: 5'5"
Eye Color: Light blue
Hair Color: Light brown
Appearance: Janette's skin is quite fair, and she has long hair that goes down the about the middle of her back. Her smile has something of a slightly mischievous look about it, but is quite reassuring - enough to make most men bewildered at her beauty.
Clothing: She wears a dark blue shirt and brown pants, as well as brown boots. Her belt across her waist has a golden emblem the shape of a dragon's head. She has a sheath that holds her dagger on a belt across he chest. She usually has a long brown traveling cloak over herself, hood up.
Merchant Stock:
Accessories: A longbow, and a quiver of fifty arrows slung across her back. She has a dagger on a belt across her chest, and carries a rapier at her side. She also has a purse that carried her food and gold. (Do you want me to say what food? tongue.gif )
Personality: She is very able and willing to manipulate men, with her fun-loving and rebellious attitude. She doesn't hold much in store for seriousness, and believes that as long as she's in the world she ought to be using it to be carefree.
Fears: Darkness, swimming long distances, many enemies, vampires.
Bio: Having grown up in Illikon, Janette first did not know the true dangers there are to adventuring. She first wanted to leave home and fight - but since her parents would not allow it for some time, she was caught inexperienced when they finally let her leave home. However, she wound up with a group of adventurers who took her in and taught her how to fight and survive. After her new "family" were killed by vampires, she left once again on her own, to guard merchants and other small bands or parties.

#7 Hurki-Wan KenobLee

Hurki-Wan KenobLee

regular dudebro

• Nova Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

Ksweet. I edited my signup a bit. Just a bit. Ready2play. wink.gif

Name: Bjår Karkuchard (JAY-ur cark-OO-chard)
Race: Human Southerner

Abilities
Strength: 15
Perception: 19
Endurance: 8
Agility: 17
Charisma: 29
Intelligence: 17
Wisdom: 6
Willpower: 8
Luck: 13

Height: 5'11''
Eye Color: Dark brown, but has delicate, extremely clear and thin glass eye ornaments laid over his eye, beneath the edges of the lids; painted green to give him the appearance of having green eyes from a distance.
Hair Color: Dark slate, appearing black.
Merchant Stock: 18 different books (on scrolls), 20 bolts of silk and 30 bolts of Southerner Linens, as well as 40 'armor cutting' southerner daggers and Three large jars of fine bathing oil. He also has a fine southerner steed, eight pack mules and an extravagant caged bird with tailfeathers two feet in length; colored with gold and scarlet. He also has three retainers (armed superfighter helper dudes) traveling with him.
Accessories: Knife (shown), long shamshir (shown). The shamshir is intended to be more a symbol of status and power than a fighting weapon, though it will do nicely for it.
Personality: As a fledgling merchant, fighter and scholar, He is full of arrogance and energy, ready to prove himself to the world... yet not quite prepared for the world to prove itself to him.
Fears: Large bugs; but not spiders, and of breaking his nose. He's also afraid of snowy climates as he believes snow to be covering treacherous obstacles.
Bio: Bjår has been begging his father to let him out on his way for some time, but his father (remembering his own near death experiences, failed exchanges and poverty) denied him. After several years of trading in the local south, Bjår was finally allowed to embark to Minos with a convoy headed north. His father loaded him with enough to offer a versatile stock, open trading channels and sell goods, but not enough to get his son terribly far. He believes his son will fail, and will come home soon. Bjår is determined to endure poverty and struggle rather than return to his father empty handed.
Bjår was trained to a basic level of swordplay, and has only engaged in a handful of real fights, which were usually ended quickly by guards. He has had little formal instruction as his mother does not want him to be lured into the deathtrap of the professional soldier, but he has studied in books, and with his hands he has tried to familiarize himself with a blade.
Bjår has been taught the language of his land and of the Empire.
Overall, Bjår is a well read, impetuous and slightly spoiled young man who wants nothing more than to impress his father, find a beautiful wife and become feared and respected. He plans to be a merchant all of his days, and he dreams of buying large ships and carrying his merchantry out by sea.

rsz_17103456_804341766390322_88650203142     rsz_17103583_210540556092434_55832859985     rsz_17155802_10212220403766592_217493358     

#8 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:10 AM

Name: George Volanfield
Race: Human Westerner.

Abilities (points spent)
Strength: 13 (10)
Perception: 16 (13)
Endurance: 10 (7)
Agility: 10 (7)
Charisma: 10 (7)
Intelligence: 14 (11)
Wisdom: 15 (11)
Willpower: 9 (6)
Luck: 16 (13)

Occupation: Student (chosen expertise: geography, foreign languages)
Height: 5'5
Eye Color: blue
Hair Color: brown
Appearance: Well-built but skinny. Pale, as if he isn't seeing a lot of sun. His face usually expresses neither joy nor grief. His eyes are a bit wrinkled - a result of studies - and his posture is a bit hunched. He isn't walking confidently, but his eyes are lively and explore his new environment like an eagle searching for a prey.
Clothing: Leather jacket, yellow pants, a hood (not one of those covering the whole face), and an old tattered cloak for what was once a part of a bigger, more beautiful robe. Plus, sandals.
Merchant Stock:
Accessories: Books, notepad, a knife for defense, winter clothes, fork, spoon and a kitchen knife, a bowl,. Also, an iron ration and some leftover cake from back home.
Personality: George prefers to stand in the back. He isn't overly talkative. He might attempt some nervous jokes on occasion. He isn't very fond of attention on things that aren't in his field of expertise. On the top side - he's honest and eager to help.
Fears: "Fondness" for horrors. A troll? Pass (although that still will leave a scare). Big rat with red eyes carrying a spear? Ouch.
Bio: George Volanfield was a prominent child of simple townsfolk who expressed a lot of interest in books and learning. His mother often took smalltime jobs, and his father was a honest tax-collector taking fees from people entering the borders of Illikon. He didn't leave his outside activity, though, and although he had some friends, he never was the leader... and he never had any foes. His childhood was rather quiet. However, although he was kind and polite, he could never stand up for any of his friends in case they had problems. As he grew up, he got more and more education. He got the attention of a noblewoman. He tutored her little kids for a while, and in return he got a recommendation to a good college. He wanted to overcome his fears and travel to feast his eyes of new lands and live a fulfilling life.

His professors believe a lot in experiencing things by yourself. Since Minos is shrouded with a mist of senseless gossip, and people in charge from these parts paid the college a donation in exchange for a way of city's promotion, George's new assignment is as follows: get information about Minos and describe it's landscape. Gather info about other cultures that might have lived on Minos and their ways of communication. It might be a great chance to enrich George's life.

EDIT:
Korin Boyarski, I christen thee... George Volanfield! (I don't have a good imagination regarding English-like names)

Edited by Deceptus, 19 June 2009 - 03:39 AM.

#9 Sir Solitaire

Sir Solitaire

Plumber

• Nova Member
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:06 AM

Name: Aiden Williams
Race: Human Westerner

Abilities:
Strength: 12
Perception: 15
Endurance: 13
Agility: 14
Charisma: 7
Intelligence: 18
Wisdom: 11
Willpower: 12
Luck: 8

Occupation: Son of a blacksmith, yet is ‘classified’ as a mercenary, though he prefers the name adventurer.

Height: 5’9”

Eye Color: Blue, with a greenish center that turns into yellow at the very edge of the pupil.

Hair Color: Dark brown

Appearance: A sinewy man, a walking form of muscles and bones, with little else to say about him. Withy a clean shaven face, short dark—almost black—brown hair with a slight wavy appearance he is not a ‘lady-killer’ and his ‘good looks’ aren't spectacular, then again his broadsword does most of the talking.

Clothing: Padded coat under a vest, scabbard over shoulder, worn boots that have been wrapped with dark cloth for warmth, and padded pants.

Merchant Stock: Tools of a blacksmith, he figures he might as well start a business in Illikon if the adventuring idea goes wrong.

Accessories: A broadsword (claymore), a weapon that has been passed down through the family of blacksmiths, until finally being taken up by the young 'adventurer,' purse, sack with food, knife in belt, a worn cloak for purposes of protection from the elements, and a few tools of a blacksmith (hammer, nails, and a few other items)

Personality: Quiet man, but he enjoys talking to those he really knows, despite the few people that is, and if will talk if he feels it necessary to communicate important information.

Fears: Being left alone to die, losing his family, any type of beast that is not human, magic, and dead ends.

Bio: Hailing from a small village north of Illikon, the Williams' great-great grandfather moved southwards in look for adventure, it was there that he met a young girl and fell in love, hence starting the Williams family who worked as blacksmiths for three more generations, always keeping their Western heritage strong by marrying only fellow Westerners. It was when Aiden turned four that his father decided that he wanted something different for his boy, the life of a blacksmith was dull and his father had many regrets of not leaving for adventure. His son grew and was taught how to forge tools, weapons, and some basic armor, as well as learning some swordsmanship from whoever came to their small store. His schooling was basic, but his street knowledge was impressive, he learned every alley, how to survive with little or nothing, and to make use of anything at hand. Eventually, with some good skills, Aiden was allowed to take the ancient from the wall and take the hammer to it, he tried to make it sharper and lighter, though he had minor success. At last, his weapon was ready and he bid his parents goodbye and left in search of adventure.

gplus-1832912543.gif

Non ergo in te vocabo

#10 MS_DOS

MS_DOS

You're going to die anyway, so let me kill you.

• Banned
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:43 AM

Don't worry, I spoke with Wolfy. She suggested this, opposed to my other sign-up. I like her idea better.

Name: Ranelhahiel Anehure, also known as simply "Rane".
Race:Unknown, shapeshifting abilities masks his true race.

Abilities
Strength: 16
Perception: 8
Endurance: 14
Agility: 12
Charisma: 9
Intelligence: 6
Wisdom: 6
Willpower:13
Luck:13

Occupation:Former slave, working mostly as a sideshow for a travelling troupe. Recently escaped.
Height: Approximately five feet, eight inches in his human form, as with most other humanoid forms.
Eye Color: In human form, it can alternate apropo his shifting abilities.
Hair Color: Again, can alternate, but for travelling sakes, it is usually long and black.
Appearance: Despite his strange name, only Rane knows what he truly is, and is not keen on privvying others to it. His body, in any form bears scars, whipping scars, burns, cuts bruises and brandings, harsh treatment from his masters who do barely anything else than keep him fed, and make sure he is of good build to lift heavy objects.
Clothing: A tight-fitting set of old, greyish, waist-length robes, with an equally tight hood, which is rarely worn up.
Merchant Stock: Not applicable.
Accessories:Metal studs atop his tattered gloves could double as a blunt weapon.
Personality: Spending his whole life as a slave, Rane knows little other than mistreatement by humans. As such, he displays a great deal of contempt for the race, and will usually go to any lengths to protect himself, and his identity.
Fears: Red hot metals, cages, circuses, shackles, oddly enough, holy water, and whips.
Bio: Born to unknown parents, Rane's early life was hardly glamorous. Taken in by parents who could not have a child of their own, after finding him laying on the side of a road, finding only a letter, stating his name, and why his parents did not want him. Rane soon discovered he had the remarkable ability to morph himself into the likeness of anything, or anyone, a very useful power, which he was loathe to not take advantage of, when his adoptive parents told him what he really was before destroying the letter. He was often up to trouble in the tiny town where he lived causing havoc and distress. A local preist was travelling through and declared Rane an abomination. along with like-minded townspeople, they managed to drive him out of town.

Out on the road, with no money, and no food, a weak Rane was captured and enslaved. Sold to a travelling troupe of sideshow acts, Rane wowed crowds with his abilities, and earned the ilk of every holy man, and those wary of people with gifts such as his. He, one day, broke free of his cage, and fled onto a boat, as his masters prepared to take him, along with the other sideshows across the seas. This boat, however, was bound for Illikon.
Posted Image

#11 Xero

Xero

Quad Damage

• Nova Member
  • 4,072 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:34 AM

Name: Jace Karnac

Abilities
Strength: 13 (10 used)
Perception: 18 (15 used)
Endurance: 15 (12 used)
Agility: 16 (13 used)
Charisma: 10 (7 used)
Intelligence: 11 (8 used)
Wisdom: 14 (11 used)
Willpower: 7 (4 used)
Luck: 6 (3 used)

Height: 6"2

Eye Color: Deep blue-grey eyes

Hair Color: He has brown, scraggly hair that reaches down to his neck and a roughly cut beard.

Appearance: Fairly muscular, his skin is tanned due to him being outdoors most of his time. His hands are rough from his years of living in the wilderness.

Clothing: Jace doesn't worry much about his appearance, and as such wears a simple grey tunic and brown leggings, along with worn out leather boots. He almost always wears a dark grey cloak to offer some protection from the elements.

Accessories: Jace carries a longbow made of mahogany that he fashioned himself, a quiver of arrows, and a short sword for whenever he encounters any unsightly beasts. For rations and other supplies, he has a pack that includes a bedroll, a tinderbox, two weeks worth of salted meats and cheese, spices collected from around his cabin, and two water skins.

Personality: Aged at 48 years, he is a grim man after having lived 25 of those years in solitude with only the companionship of the animals that roam the wilderness to abide him. He doesn't understand the rules of courtesy nor what is "politically correct" and for that most people view him as a senile old hermit.

Fears: Being comfortable in the wild, he fears extended stays in city settings.

Bio: Born out of wed-lock in Illikon to an Imperial guardsman and a bar maid, Jace was only 2 when his father took him to Minos after a falling out with his mother. After living peacefully with his father for 11 years in Minos, his father was brutally beaten to death by a group of bandits while making his rounds in the city. After the terrible turn of events his uncle Lyam took him in and Jace became fast friends with his cousin, Beaux, whom he thought of as a brother. When Jace was 23, Lyam moved to Illikon with Beaux. Not wanting to return after being away for so long, Jace opted to stay in Minos. He left the city though, and built a cabin in the wilderness surrounding the city, preferring the peace and quiet of nature over the hustle and bustle of the city. It is there that he has resided for 25 years, making trips to the city twice every month solely for trading to get supplies he requires.

#12 Mercutio

Mercutio

№ 1

• Nova Member
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:06 AM

Name: Ariadne DuPollettes
Race: Human Westerner

Abilities [points spent]
Strength: 6 [3]
Perception: 17 [14]
Endurance: 10 [7]
Agility: 17 [14]
Charisma: 18 [15]
Intelligence: 10 [7]
Wisdom: 10 [7]
Willpower: 10 [7]
Luck: 12 [9]

Height: 5' 6"
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Auburn
Appearance: Ari is best described as petite; a slim body, thin with little fat, looking light on her feet and ready to dart off in any direction. Her skin is soft and sleek, spared the coarseness that comes with the labour most women her age are put through. She has full lips, a thin nose and a striking smile, known to wilt even the toughest guard. Her hair is typically pulled back into a ponytail, but when untied it reaches just below her shoulders.
Clothing: For the most part Ari's style of dress is typical lower class; coarse fabrics are woven and patched to make a supple yet durable outfit. She has a pair of pants of a woolen material, a plain cotton dress shirt with a hooded cape of leather, which is fur lined for warmth. Around her neck is a curious shawl which can be pulled up to hide her identity if required. She has woolen fingerless gloves, and well worn leather boots that reach mid calf, laced with yarn.
Merchant Stock: A whole lot of nothing. Ari's stocks are all duplicates, including but not limited to several bags of glass diamonds, deeds to non-existant land in Minos, small paintings that are actually copies of famous artists and dubious remedies such as snake oil, ape repellant and unicorn tears.
Accessories: A bag of counterfeit gold, a much smaller bag of real gold, a small curved knife used to cut purses, or, in a bind, defend oneself, a dozen caltrops used to deter pursuers, four throwing knives - yet to be used, but often tested - and a hook attached to a small coil of rope. Although this may seem a lot, the kit is all secured to Ari's belt, and is practically invisible under her cloak.
Personality: Ari is extremely charismatic individual, possessing a rare and sophisticated persuasiveness that makes her at most times impossible to resist. She's rather happy-go-lucky, and is still possessed with that bubbly naiveté that young girls have. Despite the seriousness of her "profession", she is rarely gloomy, and instead sees herself as lucky to not have to work out in the fields like many women.
Fears: Being caught, having to defend herself - she gets sick at the sight of blood - prison, and proper work.
Bio: Ariadne DuPollettes was born with a rather regal name, to a father of rather un-regal proportions. Berrow Bilgins was a former farmhand who, having lost his job, adopted the name of Doctor Berrowstien DuPollettes and roamed the countryside with his daughter, selling wonderous cures to hundreds of ailments. Of course these "cures" did nothing except make her father gold. By the time she was thirteen, she was working as a shill in the crowd, crowing the amazing properties of these cures.

Her father's luck ran short though when he was arrested and thrown in the pen. Although Ariadne was put into an orphanage, she ran away and went to the streets, plying the only trade she knew - lying. She lied her way into whatever she could; food, clothes, money, Ari could get it all with a few kind words. She didn't make an amazing living, but she lived. Occasionally she would go to the prison, and with a few bribes, be able to visit her father. Eventually though the visits ended when he died of illness, buried outside the prison walls with only one person at the funeral. Ari, determined to succeed, bought up a stock of fake items and booked passage on a ship bound to Illikon.

http://threemileisland.forumotion.org/

http://enfiladedefilade.blogspot.com/

#13 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,183 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:04 AM

Wow, I just can’t wait to use this character I’ve thought up! Hopefully you don’t mind the few liberties I’ve taken, as to character background/why he’s there, ect. After all, I am a major contributor to the Wylfgard world. wink.gif
All REAL sign-up info is in black, Wolfy.
Name: Lord Darkness of Zhathan Roland Deschain
Race: Part Demon, Elf, Dwarf, Lizardman, Werewolf, Wereboar, Lynx, Dragon, Cat, Dog, Flying Squirrel, Tornado, Sock, Door, Hat, City, and Goblin Human – Westerner

Abilities Yes, I’ve no clue what to do. If I took this right, and we start with three in each, then I’ve done it right…
Strength: 666 13
Perception: 666 12
Endurance: 666 12
Agility: 666 17
Charisma: 666 10
Intelligence: 666 12
Wisdom: 666 12
Willpower: 666 12
Luck: 666 10

Height: 8’9” 6’2”
Eye Color: Red and black and green and blue Blue
Hair Color: Gold and silver and purple and pink Black, with a touch of grey
Appearance: As he has lived for over a millennium, Darkness looks his age; old and wrinkled. Yet he is strangely muscular, and his face bears a very evil appearance (think Niska). Roland is long, tall, and ugly, as his traveling companions have said. He usually has a stubble on his face, and has many scars from many battles.
Clothing: Darkness wears no clothing – he is wrapped in fire and water and wind and earth and darkness and light and life and death. Roland wears a dark red shirt, black pants, a wide-brimmed hat, a brown leather vest (which provides some protection), and tall boots. He usually wears a large black poncho over his clothing. He has twin belts across his chest, holding sheaths for his many throwing knives, and a longsword sheath on his right side. At times, he will wear a quiver and shortbow on his back, but usually he just has his two purses (more like bags, really) and his waterskin.
Merchant Stock: Darkness is traveling to Illikon to spread his stores – the stores that can give you anything you want. He wishes to sell Illikon an army of the undead, so he is taking over three-thousand zombies with him. None; Roland was hired as extra protection for the ship.
Accessories: Anything and everything can be summoned by Darkness at the snap of his fingers. Dried meat, water, some handkerchiefs/bandannas, a whetstone, a silver cross that he wears on a chain on his neck, and some other random equipment.
Personality: Darkness is evil and good and nice and cruel and harsh and lenient and scary and cuddly and a crybaby and a toughguy and a devil and a saint. Cold, except when one he is attached to is harmed. Extremely loyal to his family and friends, and will kill anyone who harms them.
Fears: Ducks and shrimp and books and clouds and meat (Darkness is a hard and fast vegetarian, even in Werewolf/boar form) and tissues and wallpaper and cars and planes (he has been to the future and has seen these things) and snakes and mice and blankies and music. Roland fears only a few things; death of his loved ones, especially by burning at the stake; abominations of nature (Werewolves and the like); and being unable to help someone he wishes he could.
Bio: Darkness was once a moon that orbited Wylfgard, but he decided that life wasn’t for him, and used his magical prowess to change himself into the many races he is. He came to Wylfgard and conquered it long before any race that now dwells there did, and is furious that they do not see him as Lord of Wylfgard as they should. He also conquered the Lands Beyond, and they accept and follow him (albeit, the Lands Beyond are full of his own zombie minions). He intends to sell his zombie forces to Illikon and have them turn on the population, turn them all into his zombie mindslaves. Roland was born to nobles, but his family was killed by another noble family in an assassination. He then swore he would not follow the path of a corrupt noble, and set out to carve his own destiny. He eventually fell in with a band of mercenaries, and now is a freelance, mostly providing protection for traveling merchants. During his adventures, he mastered the skill of the throwing knife, and is the fastest draw in the West.

lWZ8e6F.png

#14 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:19 AM

Z0mg d00d d4t is liek t3h m0st 4w3s0m3 ch4r4ctr EV4R!!!!ONE!!!! biggrin.gif

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#15 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:51 AM

Huh.

LDoZ: "It's a dark, stormy night... and suddenly a few clerics casting spells had to suddenly silence them... ]:->"...
Werewolf: And then Vorgy woke up with his head sewed to a carpet.
LDoZ: :-<.

I see what you did there, though. wink.gif
You DO realize that it makes the sheet makes less than pleasurable to read?

#16 Luy22

Luy22

Private

• 58 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:09 AM

Name: Arc
Race: Northerner Highlander

(The one in the center)

Abilities
Strength: 18
Perception: 4
Endurance: 16
Agility: 12
Charisma: 8
Intelligence: 7
Wisdom: 4
Willpower: 5
Luck: 10

Height: 6'
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Dark brown
Appearance: A heavy, strong and muscular build.
Clothing: Heavy furs with some light chain armor.
Merchant Stock: Fish, furs.
Accessories: Mead in a skin canteen he always has at his side.
Weapons: A longsword and shield.
Personality: He is a fierce warrior in battle. Out of the fury of combat, he can be dumb at times, and is easily-angered.
Fears: He fears what really comes after death.
Bio: Arc was born in the last century in his home village of the north, to the Black Boar tribe. As he had come of age, he decided to leave his tribal village, and to see the world. For many, many years he had spent at sea, and eventually returned home. His father was a trader, and was headed to the land of Minos to trade fish. Once they had arrived, and stayed for awhile, they would board a ship for headed for Illikon.

#17 Luy22

Luy22

Private

• 58 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:28 AM

Hey is this dead already? ohmy.gif

#18 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (Luy22 @ Apr 26 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey is this dead already? ohmy.gif

I dunno, I suppose Wolfy's waiting for more people to sign-up. But I doubt she'd start the RP right away. wink.gif

#19 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Bolt @ Apr 26 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno, I suppose Wolfy's waiting for more people to sign-up. But I doubt she'd start the RP right away. wink.gif

Yeah, I kinda am. wink.gif I'm also trying to wait until I have more time. I also need to finish writing the first starting post and going over the sign ups...

So it'll be a little while. tongue.gif

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#20 Luy22

Luy22

Private

• 58 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

Oh, alrighty then! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users