NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Un-Official minifig contest!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Jayhenn

Jayhenn

Valar Morghulis

• 194 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:21 AM

So, I tried doing an NR minifig contest a li'l bit back - But we all know how that went. rolleyes.gif

So, here's the trick: Create a minifig to fit into the Wylgard world.

Teh Rulez.

1. No official characters
2. Customization allowed((Put "Customized" on your entry if it's custom. wink.gif ))
3. It's LotF not SYWBAA. Serious characters'd be preferred WITHOUT mention of Morvo, Nix, or any of them.)
4. ALL en tries must be in my April 22nd. Not the usual limit of time, but it can' take THAT long to make a fig and bio. rolleyes.gif
5. You are allowed to use ANY weapons/accessories you wish, but it comes under "Customization" then. wink.gif
6. No asking to be a judge. I will pick, NO ASKING.
7. Be realistic.
8. Be believable.
9. Refrain from Lycanthropy. You don't ALL have to be one of the few remaining. I'm not stopping you from being one - Just if you're not you'll most likely get more points.
10. Have fun.

So far, the judges I'll be picking will most likely be: Scorchy, Dos and Phaedrus((Maybe Werewolf, depends if she wants to enter))

The prize: A sense that you've beaten all the weaklings! tongue.gif No, the prize is nothing. Just a chance to have fun. wink.gif

You'll come in: 1st 2nd 3rd.

Have fun! biggrin.gif

#2 MS_DOS

MS_DOS

You're going to die anyway, so let me kill you.

• Banned
  • 664 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:52 AM

You do not PICK judges, you ask, or they volunteer. And I, do not want to judge.
Posted Image

#3 Jayhenn

Jayhenn

Valar Morghulis

• 194 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (MS_DOS @ Apr 12 2008, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You do not PICK judges, you ask, or they volunteer. And I, do not want to judge.

Okay. I was just listing the people I was most likely going to ask. wink.gif

#4 Archon

Archon

Sith'ari

• Nova Member
  • 443 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:34 AM

Sounds good, I already have a LotF minifig, I'll just take some pictures, but whats the template for the submissions?

Name:
Species:
etc?

Posted Image
Gamertag: Archonize

#5 Jayhenn

Jayhenn

Valar Morghulis

• 194 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (Archon @ Apr 12 2008, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds good, I already have a LotF minifig, I'll just take some pictures, but whats the template for the submissions?

Name:
Species:
etc?

Lemme see...

*Pic*

Bio.

Weapons.

Age.

Personality.

Place of birth.

Alignment.

wink.gif

#6 Scorchy

Scorchy

Darkness falls; here comes the rain.

• Nova Member
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:39 AM

Ok. I'll judge, on one condition. Edit the first rule. The only person who the rule can be lifted for is Wolfy or Scorp. They are theo nly people who can make it offcial, not Vorg, koth or Breeze wink.gif

-Scorchy-

"Many people have died for their beliefs; it's actually quite common. The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe." Brom (Eragon pg.197)

#7 Jayhenn

Jayhenn

Valar Morghulis

• 194 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:01 AM

Vorg Koth ande Breeze ARE official characters from the books that Wolfy's writing. Making them official. wink.gif

#8 Scorchy

Scorchy

• Nova Member
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (Jayhenn @ Apr 13 2008, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vorg Koth ande Breeze ARE official characters from the books that Wolfy's writing. Making them official. wink.gif

Doesn't give them the right to make charcters 'Official'. Only the Creators can do that.
And Kothlis ain't official wink.gif

-Scorchy-

"Many people have died for their beliefs; it's actually quite common. The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe." Brom (Eragon pg.197)

#9 Jayhenn

Jayhenn

Valar Morghulis

• 194 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (Scorchy @ Apr 12 2008, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't give them the right to make charcters 'Official'. Only the Creators can do that.
And Kothlis ain't official wink.gif

No, no, no. I'm saying if they made THERE characters(Like, Vorgain the member made Vorgain the Elf, an official charcter.)
It'd be acceptable. wink.gif

#10 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

I'm not gonna get in the way of a little unofficial contest, though I was considering running an official one myself but a short while ago... tongue.gif
But basically, I'll just let you handle it, Jay. Since, if I judged for a Wylfgard minifig contest, I'd want it to be mine. wink.gif

But, the first rule is totally out. Scorchy is right. Justin and I are the only ones that can make things official, and VERY FEW, if ANY, fan-made characters officially make it into the world. Even if they do, they're usually only briefly mentioned for a short cameo somehow, and even that's very rare. So, to put it bluntly: your work is not official. I don't mean to make anyone mad or anything, but really, I just want the constant flow of requests to be in the LotF series to stop. sleep.gif The series focuses on my characters, you know. Once you read the first book, you're supposed to be interested in them (and I certainly hope you will be), not reading just to see a cameo by a character you made up.

Also, I can understand you discouraging Lycanthropes, but... ah, whatever. Just a random thing to say, here: it's a simple fact that most fans will like the main character of the universe, because if they didn't, why would they like it that much anyway? So, basically, it's simple that people would want their characters to be similar to the main person, since the main person is cool. Y'know, like NR fans want to be an Enomeg to be like Scorp, Halo fans want to be a Spartan to be like the Chief, Wylfgard fans want to be a werewolf to be like Tom...
Yeah, that was pretty random and unneeded, but I'm just making a point. tongue.gif So you'll probably be getting plenty of werewolves anyway (which, to put it simply, is O.K. with me because I'm glad they like them tongue.gif )... heh...

Also, it'd be better to run contests after the site and a lot more information is up, but anyway...

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#11 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:29 AM

fun! I'll try, but It'll be hard cause I don't yet have the right pieces to make the fig... for now though, I'll give the bio & stuff...

Eryk Ollondil

*picture coming asap (hopefully before the deadline)*

Bio: Born to a beautiful elf woman and a strong young Imperial captain, Eryk has always been quite short for his age. Growing up practically in the (imperial) army, he was trained as he got older, and when old enough, joined the army as a strong fighter. But Eryk, being half elf was often criticized and because of his size sometimes even threatened by those who were jealous of his skill. He was still quite likable as he tried to help the others that got pushed around, knowing how they felt, and thus gained several friends. He has some thoughts of leaving the army, and going out to fend for himself, but none are sure. He was very young compared to most when he joined. His mother died when he was ten, and now seven years later, his father is very sick, possibly dieing too. So at the age of seventeen, he faces the hard choice of leaving the army, though he would never disobey his father unless it was for good. (his father won't let him to leave the army) -But if his father dies, he won't be disobeying.

Weapons: an intracity forged sword (brickforge elven sword) and a supply of javelins (brickforge elven spears or Brickforge javelins)

Personality: obedient, kind, always shows mercy as he never likes to kill.

Place of birth: (I don't know enough city names- can I have a map?

Alignment: lawful good

#12 Scorchy

Scorchy

• Nova Member
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (Werewolf @ Apr 13 2008, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wylfgard fans want to be a werewolf to be like Tom...

Not me tongue.gif Not this time. Master Theives are where it's at tongue.gif

-Scorchy-

#13 WhiteDog310

WhiteDog310

• 9 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Jenneh @ Apr 12 2008, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, I tried doing an NR minifig contest a li'l bit back - But we all know how that went. rolleyes.gif

So, here's the trick: Create a minifig to fit into the Wylgard world.

Teh Rulez.

1. No official characters
2. Customization allowed((Put "Customized" on your entry if it's custom. wink.gif ))
3. It's LotF not SYWBAA. Serious characters'd be preferred WITHOUT mention of Morvo, Nix, or any of them.)
4. ALL en tries must be in my April 22nd. Not the usual limit of time, but it can' take THAT long to make a fig and bio. rolleyes.gif
5. You are allowed to use ANY weapons/accessories you wish, but it comes under "Customization" then. wink.gif
6. No asking to be a judge. I will pick, NO ASKING.
7. Be realistic.
8. Be believable.
9. Refrain from Lycanthropy. You don't ALL have to be one of the few remaining. I'm not stopping you from being one - Just if you're not you'll most likely get more points.
10. Have fun.

So far, the judges I'll be picking will most likely be: Scorchy, Dos and Phaedrus((Maybe Werewolf, depends if she wants to enter))

The prize: A sense that you've beaten all the weaklings! tongue.gif No, the prize is nothing. Just a chance to have fun. wink.gif

You'll come in: 1st 2nd 3rd.

Have fun! biggrin.gif

Okay... I might join. I think this new thing sounds cool! tom.gif
"If you believe they put a man on the moon, man on the moon.
If you believe there's nothing up my sleeve, then nothing is cool."
-R.E.M (Man on the Moon)

#14 Valkyrie132

Valkyrie132

Feet First To Hell

• Nova Member
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (Werewolf @ Apr 12 2008, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, I can understand you discouraging Lycanthropes, but... ah, whatever. Just a random thing to say, here: it's a simple fact that most fans will like the main character of the universe, because if they didn't, why would they like it that much anyway? So, basically, it's simple that people would want their characters to be similar to the main person, since the main person is cool. Y'know, like NR fans want to be an Enomeg to be like Scorp, Halo fans want to be a Spartan to be like the Chief, Wylfgard fans want to be a werewolf to be like Tom...
Yeah, that was pretty random and unneeded, but I'm just making a point. tongue.gif So you'll probably be getting plenty of werewolves anyway (which, to put it simply, is O.K. with me because I'm glad they like them tongue.gif )... heh...

WRONG. I don't want to be a spartan: O.D.S.T.'s are better. Their armor beats the Spartan's MJOLNIER Armor Any day. Just Look At Them tongue.gif

Anyway, I got off topic...... I may or may not sign up. It would depend on whether I finish my Wylfgard Sig-Figs, which I would enter. But right now, I'll stick to sitting at my couch playing Halo 3 on my 48" HD TV. tongue.gif

-Drake

Posted Image

#15 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:08 PM

Aw, dangit! I won't have any of the new Dwarves by then sad.gif.
Ah well. Guess I'll have to come up with a back-up.

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#16 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Drake Dakari @ Apr 13 2008, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WRONG. I don't want to be a spartan: O.D.S.T.'s are better. Their armor beats the Spartan's MJOLNIER Armor Any day. Just Look At Them tongue.gif

Anyway, I got off topic...... I may or may not sign up. It would depend on whether I finish my Wylfgard Sig-Figs, which I would enter. But right now, I'll stick to sitting at my couch playing Halo 3 on my 48" HD TV. tongue.gif

-Drake

You can kind of think about that overall. Super-Soldier's may get the medium mission's, but they can achieve them fairly well, while thing's like the Imperial Guard in 40k, or the Halo Marines get the biggest and toughest job's, not excluding the ODST's.

Hmm, I'll enter, though I'm currently writing a bio, I'll edit this post when I have the right stuff.
Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#17 Jayhenn

Jayhenn

Valar Morghulis

• 194 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:31 AM

Everyone done? Okay. Good.

Now. START MAKING FIGS.

Wolfy, PLEASE ENTER. Like, make ANY fig or a new character. PLAEASE. tongue.gif

#18 NOT ME

NOT ME

Legionnaire 1st Class

• Nova Member
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (Jayhenn @ Apr 13 2008, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wolfy, PLEASE ENTER. Like, make ANY fig or a new character. PLAEASE. tongue.gif

What's the fun in that? Wolfy entering a contest about a series that she made? This sounds like fun, but I'm really working hard on my Star Wars comic, so I don't know if I'll have time to make a fig.

#19 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:44 AM

Hey Jay, did you get my PM askig you if I could judge?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users