NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Official Wulfgard Q&A Topic

Wulfgard

• Please log in to reply
1074 replies to this topic

#61 Lord Boar

Lord Boar

Semper Fi.

• 2,801 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:20 AM

Are there monks that, like dedicate their lives to making beautifully illustrated manuscripts like they did in Old England?

#62 Lord Cake III

Lord Cake III

• 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:46 PM

Is there any assasins/bounty hunters in wylfgard, and if there are, are they only imperial assasins that only do the empiers "dirty work" or are they bounty hunters that take any work for the right prize, or both?

#63 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Lord Boar @ Aug 13 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are there monks that, like dedicate their lives to making beautifully illustrated manuscripts like they did in Old England?

Yes, of course.

QUOTE (Lord Cake III @ Aug 14 2009, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there any assasins/bounty hunters in wylfgard, and if there are, are they only imperial assasins that only do the empiers "dirty work" or are they bounty hunters that take any work for the right prize, or both?

Yes, there are assassins and bounty hunters of all types in Wylfgard and in all places and working for different people.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#64 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:34 AM

Has there been any monks or priests or anyone who uses divine magic, turned to necromacy?

If a werewolf and kitsune breeded what would be the result? Would it be like someone who could have both half-werewolf powers and half-kitsune powers?

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#65 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE (fire-fox526 @ Aug 14 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has there been any monks or priests or anyone who uses divine magic, turned to necromacy?

If a werewolf and kitsune breeded what would be the result? Would it be like someone who could have both half-werewolf powers and half-kitsune powers?

Anyone can practice Divine magic or Necromancy if they want to, but the trouble is: would their god still favor them if they chose to embrace Necromancy? Shamans (who use Spiritual magic) have some connection to the spirit realm and the dead anyway, but they don't go so far as to raise up the dead, etc. If you're asking has a priest ever turned away from Divine magic and become a Necromancer, then chances are it's happened before, yes.

It'd be one or the other, not a mixture. It'd be decided by whichever one was dominant.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#66 Lord Boar

Lord Boar

Semper Fi.

• 2,801 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (Captain James T. Kirk @ Aug 14 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, of course.

Oh, okay cool. Oh, and Wolfy I just relized you use the private button. so do I, it makes me fell like ninja. th_shiftyninja.gif

Edited by Lord Boar, 14 August 2009 - 06:08 AM.

#67 Hurki-Wan KenobLee

Hurki-Wan KenobLee

regular dudebro

• Nova Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:17 PM

What is the political tension between the Southerner city states and the empire? Because as an empire, small city states would become a very good target... but the trade that the empire has with the southerners leads me to believe there is no hostility, or that the city states pay a tribute of some sort. How does that all play out? huh.gif

rsz_17103456_804341766390322_88650203142     rsz_17103583_210540556092434_55832859985     rsz_17155802_10212220403766592_217493358     

#68 Dr Blood-Snake

Dr Blood-Snake

There are no men like me

• Nova Member
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (BRB 8/15/09—RoadTrip LuvU! @ Aug 15 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is the political tension between the Southerner city states and the empire? Because as an empire, small city states would become a very good target... but the trade that the empire has with the southerners leads me to believe there is no hostility, or that the city states pay a tribute of some sort. How does that all play out? huh.gif

I'm thinking, perhaps that the Southern States might have some form of collective security, were the empire to attack one, then the others would join in, and much like the Persians against the Greeks, they'd have a bloody and long war on their hands, one which would cost the empire a lot of money, instead they ould simply trade with the Southern Cities, and get rich.

Dunno if thats how it is, but it makes sense.

"Do you still love her?"
"Almost as much as I hate her."

#69 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:21 AM

Are there creatures/people in Wylfgard who practice Shamanistic and/or Druidic magic?

#70 Iron Corsair

Iron Corsair

Forever Alone

• 1,362 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Werewolf @ Aug 17 2008, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Druids – Practitioners of spiritual magic who most often mediate directly with nature itself, communicating with the spirits of animals, plants, mountains, streams and the like. They are thus granted powers related to living things and the elemental forces of nature. Some seem to be nothing more than woodsmen with an innate sense of the natural world about them, while others are almost like kings or even gods of the forest, with the land, plants, animals, and nature’s elements obeying their every bidding. Most druids live close to nature, some forming small groups like tribes, others remaining solitary.

Shamans – Rather than communicating with nature itself, shaman use their spiritual magic to communicate with the spirits of men, both living and dead. Though some can only hear these spirits or speak with them, others can see and even influence or control them, granting them great power. Some may even enter the dreams of men, torment the souls of the living, or even restore the dead to life (or a reasonable facsimile). For this reason, shaman often serve as the spiritual leaders of primitive tribes, some exerting more power than the chieftain himself.

@Reaver Wolf: Ta-Da! biggrin.gif

#71 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:23 AM

ok,

Druids=What I thought they did =)

Shamans= not what I thought they were =(

in all of the fantasy that I read, Druids ask the natral elements, flora, and fauna to do what they ask, these elements, flora, and fauna cooperate because they like the druid.

In the fantasies that I read about shamans, the shaman will ask the spirit of elements only, and they cooperate only if the cause is selfless and just.

but ok, thanks for the answer and I understand that Wylfgard is not the same as other fantasies.

#72 Lord Boar

Lord Boar

Semper Fi.

• 2,801 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:05 AM

Is there any type of ninjas in Wlyfgard? Also, do the Viking type Northerners have any type of King or are they just tribes everywhere?

#73 Lord Cake III

Lord Cake III

• 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:08 PM

Earlyer fire-fox asked what whuld happen if someone stumbeled apon a dragon egg. I'll try to develope this a bit in three diferent senarios:

1, good: A man who have been baned for some reason come across a cave. In the cave he discover a dragon egg and therefor leves quikly(this man knows more about dragons than most people, he knows that they are intelligent). Next morning he passes the cave without seeing any signs of that a dragon have been there earlyer. That day he sets camp near the cave so that he whold notise if a dragon entered the cave. The night passes without any signs of a dragon and the man enters the cave and touch the egg. It was barly warm and would die if it wasent taken care of. The man stays in the cave and takes care of the egg, kepping it warm and after about five mounths the egg hatches... (remember that the man is good and thinks of the what is best for the egg.)

2, evil, nuteral: A man come across a cave. In the cave he discover a dragon egg and he steels it. Later the man gives the egg to the goverment as an gift. A cople of mounths later the egg hatches in captivity...

3, evil, selfish: A man come across a cave. In the cave he discover a dragon egg and he steels it. He keeps the egg for himself and plans to have the dragon as some cind of pet. A cople of mounths later the egg hatches...

sory about the speling

Edited by Lord Cake III, 24 August 2009 - 09:10 PM.

#74 Lord Boar

Lord Boar

Semper Fi.

• 2,801 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (Captain James T. Kirk @ Jul 18 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, dragons don't get senile, so I couldn't imagine one just dropping the egg and forgetting about it. The dragon would have to be killed, or he\she would come back looking for it. As for what the individual who found the egg would do with it, that would be completely up to him. Would he hide it from the dragon and risk the creature's wrath, or would he just leave it where it was (the wiser thing to do)?
As for the Empire, if they ever found out the wanderer had it, they might come to slay it if it was hatched, or possibly take the egg for studying if it was not hatched - but it'd depend on a lot of different factors, so that can't be said for certain.
But that isn't something that would really, well, happen. tongue.gif The only way for a man to get his hands on a dragon egg would be to steal it, not find it lying about somewhere (which would also be a very bad idea).

There is your answer Lord Cake III

#75 Lord Cake III

Lord Cake III

• 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (Lord Boar @ Aug 25 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is your answer Lord Cake III

Thanks. But for the first one to even happen the dragon must be dead, so in that case, it's(sadly) dead. In the other senarios the men could simply be lucky.

#76 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:17 PM

Ok, two questions:

1. What is a Wylfgard Werewolf's average lifespan?

2. to what degree can a Werewolf control his transformations? Can they 'Lose control' and transform with out meaning to, say, when they are angery?

#77 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (BRB 8/15/09—RoadTrip LuvU! @ Aug 15 2009, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll see if I can get Scorp to answer this one (he's busy right now, so I can't really ask him his opinion). He's better with governments than I am. tongue.gif We had something in mind, but we've made a few changes since then, so I'll get back to you on that one.

QUOTE (Lord Boar @ Aug 23 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there any type of ninjas in Wlyfgard? Also, do the Viking type Northerners have any type of King or are they just tribes everywhere?

There are ninjas, yes, but they are exclusive to the East.
The Northerners do not have any kind of King or higher ruler, no. They are just tribes scattered across the lands, each with their own indvidual ruler.

QUOTE (Reaver-Wolf @ Sep 1 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. What is a Wylfgard Werewolf's average lifespan?

2. to what degree can a Werewolf control his transformations? Can they 'Lose control' and transform with out meaning to, say, when they are angery?

1. About as long as the average human lifespan, maybe a little longer. Nothing exceptional. ;) It is unknown whether it was always this way, however.

2. To no degree at all. They transform when exposed to moonlight (particularly bright moonlight, like a gibbous moon) and whenever it is a full moon. All werewolves do this, with no exceptions.
Some werewolves with weaker willpower, and\or someone who very frequently and very willingly gives in to their Lycanthropy, may also transform when under great emotional stress, particularly anger, but sometimes sorrow as well. They might also transform when very afraid or, in some rare cases, even when they are extremely hungry (note that this would not just be a little bit hungry, this would only apply to being on the brink of starving to death).
But no, there are no werewolves known to be able to control their transformations, especially none that can transform at will, and there are none who can control their actions while in werewolf form. It is rumored that the Five can control their actions, and may even be able to transform at will, but there is no way to prove this, and they are the only werewolves with such rumors around them. Just as there has been talk of a cure, there have been rumors and myths about how a werewolf might acquire the ability to supress or even control his transformations, but none of these have yet proven effective (at least not with drawbacks and\or for an extended period of time).

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#78 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:38 AM

Aw man, it would be sweet if they could just switch it on and off, but sometimes lose control. And if they can't control their actions, would they just go on a rampage and start killing everything in sight?

#79 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Reaver-Wolf @ Sep 1 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aw man, it would be sweet if they could just switch it on and off, but sometimes lose control. And if they can't control their actions, would they just go on a rampage and start killing everything in sight?

It is, yes, but I guess that, in general, I just prefer the classic tale of struggle and despair that Lycanthropy can bring to a good-hearted and\or heroic figure. tongue.gif And the suspense of knowing that a man can turn into a monster, and the possibilities of... well, the possibilities of storyline elements with uncontrollable Lycanthropy are really quite endless.

As for your question, in short, yes, they would. And they would eat their fill from their kills afterward.
However, werewolves are not unintelligent. They use their surroundings to their advantage, they stalk their prey and wait for a chance to strike, and they know when they can't win a fight. For a werewolf, like all animals, survival is their top priority.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#80 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:02 AM

I agree that its very cool to have the hero be an innocent victim of circumstances aka, being a werewolf. But it would also be cool to have a way to either control the transformation or control what you do after you are transformed, but have the way to overide the rampage be either: very mentaly and physically painfull, or take an enormus amount of willpower.

So if I was a werewolf in an adventure party, my freinds would have to hog tie and tress me up before either of us went asleep so that they wouldn't wake up with their throats ripped out. Hmmm.

I was just on Wikipedia surfing Werewolf lore, and its weird, its completely contrary to all of the werewolf stories I have heard. I mean, a random guy can transform by bathing in some sort of magic water, or if he skins a wolf and wears the skin, then he will become a werewolf. I'm used to: if you are bitten then you will transform at the full moon.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users