8 replies to this topic

#1 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:37 PM

As is tradition,

Is anyone coming out this year? I will be there presenting three MOCs: two builds from me, and I'm also participating in the LoR collab. If you come during the public days, you will know it is me by my SSLF T-Shirt. 

I hand out some cool stuff to random people each year, especially if I know you are an SSLF'er (which has sadly been no one).

Any who, hit up this topic if you know you are going to make an appearance! I will be sure to look for you!

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Disney hates Childhood Heroes

• Nova Patron
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:34 PM

As is tradition,

Is anyone coming out this year? I will be there presenting three MOCs: two builds from me, and I'm also participating in the LoR collab. If you come during the public days, you will know it is me by my SSLF T-Shirt. 

I hand out some cool stuff to random people each year, especially if I know you are an SSLF'er (which has sadly been no one).

Any who, hit up this topic if you know you are going to make an appearance! I will be sure to look for you!

I want to head out, but I don't know exactly how Brickfair works.

Could you shoot me a PM explaining it?

#3 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:21 PM

I usually say I'll attend, then remember I've several thousand miles away and currently unemployed.

I'll probably be Skyping with a few mates at the convention, though.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#4 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:15 PM

You can find info on the official site:

http://www.brickfair.com/

Basically, for everyone showing up for public hours, your days are August 6th and 7th. You get in line, pay $15 at the door and you are in! The event is basically a giant expo where builders show off some insane MOCs. These MOCs range from city, castle, pop culture, sci-fi, military, technic, bionicle, and so much more! You also get access to several vendors, which makes it great to pick up minifigs and pieces without the need of ordering (although the prices can be significantly higher for the public, so buy with caution).

BrickFair is also known for its Bingo games as well, which offer the public the chance to win some free LEGO stuff.

Honestly, it is pretty darn fun! 

Note: You do have to pay for both days.

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:18 PM

You can find info on the official site:

http://www.brickfair.com/

Basically, for everyone showing up for public hours, your days are August 6th and 7th. You get in line, pay $15 at the door and you are in! The event is basically a giant expo where builders show off some insane MOCs. These MOCs range from city, castle, pop culture, sci-fi, military, technic, bionicle, and so much more! You also get access to several vendors, which makes it great to pick up minifigs and pieces without the need of ordering (although the prices can be significantly higher for the public, so buy with caution).

BrickFair is also known for its Bingo games as well, which offer the public the chance to win some free LEGO stuff.

Honestly, it is pretty darn fun! 

Note: You do have to pay for both days.

Alright. If I'm able to go, I'll keep an eye out for you!

#6 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,848 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:00 PM

It looks like once again this will come down to a last-minute decision for me. If I decide to go, I'll try to let you guys know as soon as I decide. :P

One of these years I really need to try to have a vendor table thing... They sell out so fast...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#7 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:18 PM

If I go, I'll wear a Saber Scorpion Shirt so you guys can find me. I'll most likely go on the Saturday day.

#8 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:56 PM

It looks like once again this will come down to a last-minute decision for me. If I decide to go, I'll try to let you guys know as soon as I decide. :P

One of these years I really need to try to have a vendor table thing... They sell out so fast...

If you ever did set up a vendor table I'd be more than happy to help out! Alternatively, if you are a presenter, BrickFair has an event that happens after closing hours called the yard sale. During this time frame, all presenters can sign up for a table and sell anything LEGO related.

So in case you do not get a vendor spot, you can always use that to get some business.

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:49 PM

Sometimes I wish I lived in or were able ot easily go to the States :( Any of the states really. I have so many American friends, spread out all over the US. Some of them are even minor celebrities.

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users