• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#21 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

Y'know, you could always make a few duck plaques and ask nicely for them to be included instead of complaining about Scorp adding images of something he likes. Just throwing that out there.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#22 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:40 PM

POPULAR

Lemme just put an end to this permanently.

There are pony tags because ponies are something the administration of this forum actually likes.

There are not, and will never be duck tags because the whole duck thing is just another stupid EFF AUTHORITY reaction to anything said admins like. Scorp has zero obligation to cater to it, and the simple fact that he's even letting you people pull this crap is being waaay more lenient than I would be in his shoes, so stop whining.

The next mention of anything pony or duck-related in this thread gets a warn.

2004-2018

#23 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:43 PM

Y'know, you could always make a few duck plaques and ask nicely for them to be included instead of complaining about Scorp adding images of something he likes. Just throwing that out there.

Yeah you guys I would make one for him to use if you asked. I've actually considered cropping a few dozen avatars for submitting a gallery, so if you catch me while I'm doing that I'll throw a little duck plaque into the bunch.

Also my dear sweet little ducklings please don't hijack the topics, Ducks vs. Ponies is just a silly game and the more you exaggerate it the more the mods/admins think you're trying to defy them. They're touchy like that and you're going to make me very touchy if you don't cut. it. out.

ANYWAY

Have you found a way to make only certain tags appear on certain skins? It could save you a few of those precious pixels of height while at the same time making the tags relevant to the board we're viewing.

EDIT: Put the stick down Thrawn, your post wasn't there when I replied.

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#24 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Member
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:44 PM

I don't want to be hostile, but really? What on earth are you talking about? I wasn't aware that you ducks care that much. So we have little pictures on our profiles. If this precious little picture is SO precious, then I'll ask for mine to go away. But you know what? This is why we can't have nice funny things on the forum. Remember the old tags that used to be on here? Those had to be taken away because people were whining about not having them. Honestly, get over it.

Jeez, internet drama.

:wacko:

Me and Scorp were having a perfectly peacefull discussion about how your little pictures were making it seem like he was picking a side. (I, personally, am not against ponies. I joined the ducks for the cool avatars.) But then you come along and make a comment that was antagonising and ignorant. I was bound to get annoyed. I'm sorry if it sounded like a whine. It wasn't. It was a truthfull response about how I felt when I read your post. Yet again, I am sorry if it was hostile, I tried not to make it seem like that but I was caught up in the heat of the moment.

I have not been around on the forums long enough to remember the tags you're talking about, and (like I have said before) I am not saying that we shouldn't have tags or little pony pictures. I just don't want it to seem like Scorp is biased.

EDIT:

Pretty much everything I was trying to get across has just been posted by Dood. So read his post not mine.

@Thrawnie. I would put up a good arguement for your post but you've just said you don't want pony vs. duck stuff so I won't. However, I will just say this: This is not a F*** Authority thing at all. It is about as much a F*** Authority thing as your ponies are. It is just a bit of fun, and I am suprised that a mod has trouble dealing with that.

Edited by Golden-Star, 17 April 2011 - 09:51 PM.

~ Golden-Star

#25 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,886 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

The next mention of anything pony or duck-related in this thread gets a warn.

I'm just going to back this up. I did say to stop talking about it, if you recall.

Anything in the user info pane is subject to change though, so don't anyone get all angry about it. I'm sorry if something I did offended you. We're supposed to be one big community here, not split into 'warring factions.'

Anyway, I'll post some new tags & avtars & changes soon, to give everyone something else to talk about.

EDIT: Oh jeez, more posts have appeared.
ANY MORE DISCUSSION OF THIS SILLY 'CONFLICT' GETS A WARN.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#26 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

Have you found a way to make only certain tags appear on certain skins? It could save you a few of those precious pixels of height while at the same time making the tags relevant to the board we're viewing.

Something like that was mentioned in the Watchtower recently (though it was with rank icons, not tags), I think Scorp said it was either impossible or more trouble than it was worth. Good idea though.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#27 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,886 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:48 PM

Actually, Squirrel did come up with some code that might make it possible, which he posted in the Nova board. I haven't tested it out yet, but he's a useful rodent, that Squirrel. :P I will give it a try.

That said, I hope I can slim it down and still leave both tags visible.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#28 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

Actually, Squirrel did come up with some code that might make it possible, which he posted in the Nova board. I haven't tested it out yet, but he's a useful rodent, that Squirrel. :P I will give it a try.

That said, I hope I can slim it down and still leave both tags visible.

I have little knowledge on how a forum's code works, but is there anyway the tags or the ranking images could be placed automatically in our signatures? It seems kinda wasteful to have them all stacked to one side when the length is a concern.

Edit: I just saw how hypocritical that sounded when I have the most obnoxious signature on the forum. :P

Edited by Hawk, 17 April 2011 - 09:51 PM.

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#29 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Member
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:56 PM

I have little knowledge on how a forum's code works, but is there anyway the tags or the ranking images could be placed automatically in our signatures? It seems kinda wasteful to have them all stacked to one side when the length is a concern.

Edit: I just saw how hypocritical that sounded when I have the most obnoxious signature on the forum. :P

I don't think that would work. Since the signature is wider and shorter, the relatively small tags and ranks would just get swallowed up in the space.

Did that make any sense whatsoever?

~ Golden-Star

#30 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

I don't think that would work. Since the signature is wider and shorter, the relatively small tags and ranks would just get swallowed up in the space.

Did that make any sense whatsoever?

I think so...like the tiny little tags would be overwhelmed in the massive signature space...thingy? Putting it into words is tough, but I think I get what you're saying. That could definitely be a problem... :(

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#31 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,886 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

I am closing this for now. I will make an announcement once things are more finalized.

-locked-

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users