• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:02 AM

Welcome to Adrift, SSLF's second Persistent World RPG, set in Nova Refuge!

Thanks to Errant's lasting success for over two and a half years (which never would have happened without some key MVPs among the memberbase, and I give them all my deepest thanks), and due to other SSLF changes, I figured it's high time we had a Nova Refuge counterpart to Errant. Feel free to look around the board and get a feel for things, and use this thread to ask any questions you might have.

You'll notice immediately that Adrift runs on a very different character creation system than does Errant; this is the case for a variety of reasons. First of all, I haven't had time to alter Errant's character creation system, but I do plan to streamline it in the future. Therefore, I'm experimenting with some ideas about that here in Adrift. Plus, it seems to me that the fantasy crowd is more a fan of numbers, thanks to D&D (I know I am), whereas sci-fi RPers might appreciate more freeform character creation. Lastly, Adrift's character system is less robust simply because it's hard to manage and keep up with all those stats, HP and Sanity numbers, etc., and Adrift's system should make it easier (if less rule-based and arguably less fair, as a result) to run a RPG. Depending upon how things go with Adrift's system, I might use it to start streamlining at least certain aspects of Errant's system as well.

The first campaign for Adrift will be starting very soon, so keep an eye out!

For now, this board is available to anyone and everyone who wants to start up a free-roam, discuss, look around, and maybe even start their own campaigns/RPs.

All that said, I hope you enjoy the board, and also be sure to check out some of the new and future updates to Errant, which is also available for everyone's use in creating their own campaigns/RPs.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:04 PM

Yes.

21.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users