Photo

D3 2018: The DMC5 Display Demonstration

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
231 replies to this topic

Poll: E3! (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Who won E3?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#181 Ocelot

Ocelot

IT HAPPENED!

• 7,896 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:04 PM

I think this is the new Rocksteady game

EDIT - NOPE, Spider-Man!

I just want to say that when I called this combat system a Batman clone at last year's E3 I was super wrong. It's obviously based on the Arkham system but you can do a whole lot of cool extra stuff and it looks great. Spidey's fighting his way through a prison right at the Raft fighting his entire rogue's gallery one by one, by the way.

#182 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:08 PM

One thing I hope is true about RE2 Remake is being able to toggle between over-the-shoulder and fixed camera. According to some rumors that may be the case but it's probably just wishful thinking.

#183 Ocelot

Ocelot

IT HAPPENED!

• 7,896 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:09 PM

Spider-Man looks like legit GOTY material. I am way into this.

EDIT - Aaaand it looks like that's it. Well, if it weren't for that inexplicable intermission right at the start that would have been a pretty good show. Lots of new stuff, all four of their big deep dives looked awesome. I just can't imagine why they started with TLOU2 and then cut to the desk for ten minutes of waffling, then back to the show for the full thing, though.

#184 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:20 PM

There was a FromSoftware title announced after the conference "ended", Déraciné. Some sort of VR game.

#185 Ocelot

Ocelot

IT HAPPENED!

• 7,896 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:28 PM

It seems like they're doing even deeper deep dives into some of the games from the show as part of the followup thing at the desk on the Sony livestream. They just showed off a lot of Spidey open world stuff, and now the Ghost of Tsushima people are there.

#186 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:37 PM

There's another trailer for the RE2 Remake that Sony just put up showing off a bit more of the gameplay.

#187 Ocelot

Ocelot

IT HAPPENED!

• 7,896 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:16 PM

REmake 2 looks pretty great, but I'll be interested to see some uninterrupted gameplay. Right now it reminds me of Leon's part of RE6, which I remember being mostly slow-walking through scripted events where you couldn't even raise your gun half the time. Hopefully it's more like RE4 but in the Police Station.

Here's a big dump of trailers/footage from the Sony show:

Remedy's new game Control (not a Quantum Break, but... well, it looks really Quantum Break-y):

Nioh 2. Between this, Ghost of Tsushima and Sekiro, 2019 is looking like the year of samurai games:

And the big four deep dives (I'll link them, because I'm not sure how many Youtube videos I can embed in a post):

The Last of Us 2

Ghost of Tsushima

Death Stranding

Spider-Man

I'm going to tentatively award Sony second best show of E3 so far. A lot of great stuff, but I really don't think their format worked out this year with that bizarre intermission after the first twenty minutes.

#188 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,177 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:49 PM

Honestly guys I don't think I can express how broken I feel righy now.

Where is my Splinter Cell?

I just want Sam Fisher back.

But I guess with how awful the stealth and gunplay was in the new Ghost Recon it's probably for the best.

Shooters just aren't as good these days man. Where's my classic Ghost Recon 2 feel? Why are enemies bullet sponges? Why do they have "classes" and stuff?

I'm just so disappointed

lWZ8e6F.png

#189 Ocelot

Ocelot

IT HAPPENED!

• 7,896 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

I know, right? I don't know what happened there. The Wildlands/Splinter Cell crossover event was such an obvious hint, and then there was that Walmart leak:

W1SHMYk.jpg

Almost every other game on this list turned out to be real, even the wild stuff like Rage 2, but no Splinty Boi! I can only think maybe something went wrong behind the scenes and they had to postpone the announcement at the last moment? I was all ready for it to be Ubisoft's "Oh, and one more thing" announcement, but they didn't even do one of those this year.

Other notable E3 no-shows so far have been FFVII Remake (that game's never coming out), Square's Avengers game and Rocksteady's new game. I thought those would all be sure things going into E3.

Also, remember this game from TGS last year with the Shinkawa art? Big ol' no-show:

maxresdefault.jpg

EDIT - Breaking news: Sony developers are good at doing graphics:

XwM18R1.gif

#190 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:51 AM

Well Sony are definitely.. a bit weird.

But I'm far more excited for Death Stranding and Spiderman than anything I saw at any of the other conferences (runner up goes to Cyberpunk).

As someone with no interest in DMC or Gears of War, and only a passing interest in Halo, I'm definitely felony I made the right choice with a PS4 Pro.

Having said that, exclusive games are a blight that just need to die, all these games should be on all of them.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#191 Ocelot

Ocelot

IT HAPPENED!

• 7,896 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:14 AM

As someone with no interest in DMC or Gears of War, and only a passing interest in Halo, I'm definitely felony I made the right choice with a PS4 Pro.

Having said that, exclusive games are a blight that just need to die, all these games should be on all of them.

DMC5 is multiplatform, it just happened to show up at the Microsoft show. Capcom had two big games to announce, DMC5 and REmake 2, so they did one at each show.

Speaking of those games, Capcom plans to have them both out before March 31st 2019. I can't believe I'm actually going to play Devil May Cry 5, after all these years. I still can't wrap my head around it, you guys.

The first quarter of 2019 is getting hilariously packed, btw. Anthem, Metro Exodus, Days Gone and Crackdown 3 are all currently scheduled for THE SAME DAY :P

#192 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:28 AM

You know what's crazy? I just realised the only Capcom games I've ever played are a couple bundled on the SNES mini, and about 20 minutes of Okami. Weird.

The first quarter of 2019 is getting hilariously packed, btw. Anthem, Metro Exodus, Days Gone and Crackdown 3 are all currently scheduled for THE SAME DAY :P

Ok, that is hilarious. It's going to be a stressful time to be a games journalist.

#193 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:45 AM

Interesting read on Anthem https://www.eurogame...-of-mass-effect

It really seems like they're a bit on the defensive, but they think it will satisfy traditional rpg fans. I just wonder why they didn't show the extra footage they had that would apparently satisfy the fans a lot more.

#194 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:13 AM

Here we go! Death Stranding got me legitimately hyped. Suuuper curious and intrigued by this game. Wanna wander around that desolate waste real dang bad. A wandering survival game that isn't just status bar management? I'm in. Also I love her her umbrella. We'll see what Kojima cooks up plot-wise, I'm sure it'll be zany and fun. Love the tone they're setting though, very tense but somehow peaceful. Getting really good vibes. Not sure how Kojima will factor in Nuclear disarmament tho lol

Assassins Greek looks like the regularly scheduled AssCree silliness. Might be into skippering a trireme around but IDK, it's still an asscree. We all know what it'll be like. That Samurai Dark Souls looked pretty cool too. Still though, gonna wait and see if they develop a good game around their (promising) gameplay systems. The soundscape was super dope in that demo, I might be in just for that tbh.

MAN tho that Spiderman game. Never before have I felt so much like I skipped out on drinking some koolaid somewhere. I'm pretty sure you couldn't pay me to play through another mookfight -> cutscene -> boss. The Batman Arkham games (which they are just ripping off for Spider-Man?) put me into a boring coma that lasted years. Which part of it looks good? What is there to be excited about? I feel like I've already played this game.

:negative: I DON'T JUST WANNA RUN AROUND PUNCHING PEOPLE! HELP! WHAT GAMES CAN I PLAY? AM I INSANE? :negative:

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#195 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Disney hates Childhood Heroes

• Nova Patron
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:25 AM

Interesting read on Anthem https://www.eurogame...-of-mass-effect

It really seems like they're a bit on the defensive, but they think it will satisfy traditional rpg fans. I just wonder why they didn't show the extra footage they had that would apparently satisfy the fans a lot more.

I honestly think that Anthem has a really cool premise.

For a Fantasy Game.

The Video Description for the trailer on Youtube made the game sound more interesting than the actual trailer footage, which was:

On a world left unfinished by the gods, humanity struggles to survive in a savage environment. Equipped with incredible Javelin exosuits, a faction known as the Freelancers seeks to tip the balance in mankind’s favor.

The part about the unfinished world really intrigues me more than anything else in the game. But I think it work better for a more fantasy-style game.

Think about it: The game takes place on an actual unfinished world, maybe something that looks like Concord Dawn from the Clone Wars series. The weather is violent and unpredictable, like how we saw in the trailer. Then, you pit Humanity, maybe some traditional fantasy races and/or some new ones, against the other, half-formed races the gods were in the middle of working on before they left.

I don't understand why they decided to make this a Sci-fi game instead. How did they come up with such advanced technology so quickly if the gods abandoned them?!  :brickwall:

#196 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:34 AM

I think they may have played Destiny when looking for inspiration. Not sure tho.

Anthem is clearly an example of outside-in design approach. Rather than coming up with a good idea, it seems they've developed a """""unique""""" backstory and lore around their Destiny Clone. This game will flop. In someone else's hands that premise could be interesting. Not in the NuBioware era though. It's a cash grab just like all these new battle royale games. These things are being designed to make money, not be good. I don't support corporate focus groups and board room art with my money, sorry not sorry Anthem.

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#197 Ocelot

Ocelot

IT HAPPENED!

• 7,896 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:41 AM

Nintendo's coming up in 20 minutes, you guys! I don't have a Youtube link yet, but here's their Twitch page.

I'm hoping they don't go in TOO hard on Smash. I know they will, because that's where the big bucks are for them, but I just have no interest in that game. I want to see my girl Bayonetta. 

EDIT - Found the Youtube stream:

EDIT - Here we GOOOO!

They started with... a weird mech action game. Not even a surprise Platinum one. Don't really know what to make of that.

But here's what looks like a new Xenoblade of some kind.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC, I think.

#198 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Member
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:04 AM

XC2 prequel expansion. Nice!

Reggie just slotted in a joy-con and it didn't make the noise. I feel lied to.

#199 DeadFire87

DeadFire87

Game Intel Master

• 1,108 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:05 AM

Most games revealed this year are multiplatform. A couple exclusive games, but not many.

Next Batch of consoles...........

PS4 Pro - 4.2 Tflops - 2016

Scorpio - 6 Tflops - 2017

NX - 2017 - Mario Mushrooms, and Link's Hat powered device. 

PS5 - 2019/2020 (Powered by AMD Zen family APU)

XBNext - 2019/2020/2021 (Powered by AMD Zen family APU)

-My old forum.

#200 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Member
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:06 AM

Pokeball Plus comes with a Mew already inside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users