• Please log in to reply
817 replies to this topic

#21 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:45 PM

Okay, show of hands, who asked for this? Come on fess up, I know someone wanted a sequel to that bomb.

.....no, no, no, that's an old meme and I'm not doing it.

Okay, the first film was not that great, but it was not a bomb financially. It cost about $300 million if you take into account marketing, and brought in a little over a billion at the box office. Billion. With a b.

I know that sounds insane, but really, it did. See for yourself, Wikipedia has the numbers right there.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

ezgif_com_b873041021.gif

#22 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Member
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:54 PM

I was not aware of the former's existence until this post.

I wished it had stayed that way.

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#23 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:05 PM

Okay, show of hands, who asked for this? Come on fess up, I know someone wanted a sequel to that bomb.

*raises hand*

I really enjoyed that movie. Now, did I want a cheesy German pun-making villain for the sequel? Not really. :/

EDIT: Actually, it's one of the only non-superhero movies that I enjoyed that's getting a sequel. Huh, I wonder if that says something about me.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#24 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:59 PM

Activision opens film studio. Skylanders TV series, Call of Duty film franchise announced.

Anyway-David-Tennant-Doctor-Who-So-Anywa

PXwSeJy.png

#25 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,711 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:14 PM

Luther (a.k.a. Loofah), is coming back for one of those weird British TV one-off specials in December.

This time we find Luther on a leave of absence from the police force, laying low in a rundown cottage.  A visit from colleagues, Detective Chief Inspector Theo Bloom (Darren Boyd, Veep, The World’s End) and Detective Sergeant Emma Lane (Rose Leslie, The Last Witch Hunter, Game of Thrones) brings a shocking piece of news that draws him back to London in search of the truth. At the same time, a gruesome cannibalistic serial killer has struck the city, eating body parts as he goes.

(Laying low? In a BBC press release? What is the world coming to?)

I really liked the first season of Luther, but I seriously can't remember a thing from the second, and I found the third almost cringeworthily bad, so I don't know what to expect from this. I'll watch it, of course (especially with Ygritte in it), but I don't really have high hopes.

#26 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:32 AM

I do quite like the Warcraft Universe, but MAN is it hard to get excited for this movie. I really, really want this to be good and for there to be a half decent video games movie not called Doom, but I just don't think it will.

I mean, they aren't even putting in the undisputed best thing about the Warcraft universe in this movie: the Blood Elves.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#27 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:02 AM

There's some fantastic talent associated with the movie, however I'm a little unsure of how it's being presented. They've changed elements of the First War pretty dramatically.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#28 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:29 AM

POPULAR

'Scuse me, just gonna drop this here.

...  : , )

PXwSeJy.png

#29 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:35 PM

Apparently, no one deigned to tell me that there's a series in production based off of the Shannara Trilogy.

That said, it really doesn't look that good. :/

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#30 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:05 PM

I'll admit. I laughed.

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#31 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Member
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:30 PM

Apparently, no one deigned to tell me that there's a series in production based off of the Shannara Trilogy.

That said, it really doesn't look that good. :/

Yeah sorry, I was thinking about posting about it, but then I remembered that I don't actually post things...

Also: It's just Elfstones, not the full trilogy. And I choose to remain cautiously optimistic.

#32 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:32 AM

Aye, I realised it was just Elfstones. They still intend to follow on with the third and first book, assuming the series is a success. I'm still struggling to get over how awful those elf ears look.

I will lynch anyone that tries to touch my beloved Belgariad/Mallorean, though.

Oh, and the Fantastic Four sequel has been pulled from Fox's release schedule.

#33 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:38 AM

GIF-Amused-dis-gonna-be-good-knowing-pop

Now we just have to wait ten years for them to make another one for the sole purpose of keeping the rights, because all of this has happened before and all of this will happen again.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

ezgif_com_b873041021.gif

#34 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,711 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:45 AM

Set pictures from John Wick 2, filming now!

QssoQkk.jpg

DtVsdQo.jpg

Yeah, I'm thinkin' he's back. (I just realised I never wrote about John Wick in the Movies topic. I'll have to watch it again and get to work, because Keanu shooting faces and Judo-ing dudes is worth a good ten paragraphs or so)

#35 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:29 PM

Old article, but an interesting topic. I had no idea China was taking such an active role in American Cinema. I really, really hope this doesn't cause things like Kung-Fu Panda 3 to be of lesser quality. 

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#36 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:18 AM

POPULAR

SHUT UP. WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING, IT DOESN'T MATTER.

SAMURAI JACK IS BACK

PXwSeJy.png

#37 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,711 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:27 PM

I may have mentioned once or twice, or at every possible chance I get, that Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is one of my favourite movies ever. Shane Black's first movie as director, after being the screenwriter for all of the best buddy cop action movies ever made; it's directly responsible for putting RDJ back in the Hollywood spotlight and getting him cast as Iron Man. It's absolutely brilliant and I love it and you guys should all watch it right now if you haven't already.

Anyway, Shane Black has a new movie, and it's a buddy cop action movie that looks like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 2 in the '70s and I can't wait:

EDIT - Y'know what, I'm going to linkerise the trailer instead because it's about as far from SSLF-friendly as you can get. But do watch it, though, because it looks really good!

Also, maybe it'd help if I mentioned the title: The Nice Guys. Russell Crowe, Ryan Gosling, coming in 2016.

#38 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:43 PM

Alright, who asked for a Tarzan movie?

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#39 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:46 PM

What? Christoph Waltz is in that? What's he doing in a movie not directed by Tarantino? 

More importantly, why is there a Tarzan movie? Don't go in here and try to spoil my Disney movies!

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#40 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:47 PM

I may have mentioned once or twice, or at every possible chance I get, that Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is one of my favourite movies ever. Shane Black's first movie as director, after being the screenwriter for all of the best buddy cop action movies ever made; it's directly responsible for putting RDJ back in the Hollywood spotlight and getting him cast as Iron Man. It's absolutely brilliant and I love it and you guys should all watch it right now if you haven't already.

Anyway, Shane Black has a new movie, and it's a buddy cop action movie that looks like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 2 in the '70s and I can't wait:

EDIT - Y'know what, I'm going to linkerise the trailer instead because it's about as far from SSLF-friendly as you can get. But do watch it, though, because it looks really good!

Also, maybe it'd help if I mentioned the title: The Nice Guys. Russell Crowe, Ryan Gosling, coming in 2016.

It also looks like it has Shane Pizza(aka the Badguy from VGHS Season 3,aka Chase Williamson aka Dave from John Dies at the End) as a mobster but it is hard to tell from the trailer

mudkip.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users