The Werewolf: Past and Future, Chapter III - Werewolves Go Feral: The Transition into Modernity

Posted by Maverick-Werewolf, 12 February 2017 · 199 views

werewolf werewolves
Hey, everybody! I finally have another update for everyone: the third chapter of my thesis, The Werewolf: Past and Future, has now been posted. You can find it here:

Chapter III - Werewolves Go Feral: The Transition into Modernity

This chapter ended up being much longer than anticipated! My next chapter probably will be, too. This chapter focuses on werewolves coming out of the Middle Ages and transitioning into the Early Modern (AKA Renaissance) period. It also touches upon how this point in history marks the beginning of our modern society's concept of werewolves, as we see them in popular culture today. That, however, will be the focus of the next chapter, which I've already started working on.

Not sure what else to say for this update! I, sadly, haven't had much time to write (my time is chewed up very thoroughly by graduate school). I'm going to start a new Nova Refuge roleplay soon, though, so check it out if you're interested.

Until next time!

I'm surprised werewolves were actually a superstition. I had always thought that they were a creation from old stories. Anywho, I'm also kind of curious to know why this superstition is never brought up in most history texts, seeing as how several influential people had to deal with this. This has been an interesting series of chapters. Please continue to post more!

I'm surprised werewolves were actually a superstition. I had always thought that they were a creation from old stories. Anywho, I'm also kind of curious to know why this superstition is never brought up in most history texts, seeing as how several influential people had to deal with this. This has been an interesting series of chapters. Please continue to post more!

Thanks, Nightstalker! Yeah, belief in werewolves and creatures like them was incredibly widespread all over the world (even across unconnected cultures) for the majority of history. It's really pretty wild.

I'm working hard on another chapter this weekend, as I need to have the rough draft of this completed by the end of February/beginning of March, if I possibly can. Keep an eye out for more. Thanks for reading! :)

September 2017

S M T W T F S
171819 20 212223

Recent Comments