Photo

Captain America 3: Hold That L, Tony

• Please log in to reply
564 replies to this topic

Poll: SSLF Civil War

Which side are you on?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,541 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:57 AM

POPULAR

(Alright, I said I wasn't going to do a new topic, but I lied.)

Vdu8qTP.jpg

Captain America 3: Civil War is due for release exactly one year from today, and it looks AWESOME! The Civil War was a big event in the Marvel universe, where I think a school got blown up by a superpowered dude and it sparked a debate about whether superpowered individuals should have to make themselves known to the government and be registered on a list and give up their secret identities. Iron Man was for, Cap was against, and long story short they fought and now it's going to be a movie!

Here's the rundown:

- Cap's going to fight Iron Man

- The Russo Brothers, directors of Cap 2 and future directors of Avengers 3, are directing

- Steve vs. Tony

- Confirmed returning characters are Cap and Iron Man, obviously, but also Black Widow, Falcon, Crossbones (aka Rumlow the Hydra guy who Cap threw into the elevator ceiling), Winter Soldier/Bucky, Scarlet Witch (Cap's official OTP), and Wolfie's favourite, Hawkeye

- New characters: Daniel Bruhl playing Baron Zemo, Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther (!), Martin Freeman playing WHO CARES IT'S MARTIN FREEMAN! (Best MCU movie ever confirmed!), and rumours of a cameo from the new Spider-Man

- Cap/Iron Man. Fighting.

Discuss.

Oh, and since no Cap thread is complete without it:

fuuet6L.gif

#2 Spark

Spark

Sparkie92#0038

• Nova Patron
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:02 PM

On mobile, can't link just yet. Will edit in a few when I get home, but IGN is reporting that Martin Freeman has been cast in Civil War. Looks like you really can't separate him and Cumberbatch.

EDIT: LINKS.

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#3 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,541 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

The internet has taken the Martin Freeman news as brilliantly as you might expect:

CEQvVxiW0AA0b2m.jpg

1kcCLJd.gif

#4 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:16 PM

The internet is so fast these days. :P 

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#5 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:17 PM

...When I first read that, I thought you wrote 'Morgan Freeman'.

Whoops.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#6 Spark

Spark

Sparkie92#0038

• Nova Patron
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:31 PM

Came looking to see if someone made a Fargo/Thor GIF, was not disappointed.

PXwSeJy.png

#7 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,541 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:51 AM

Alright, kiddos. I know it's still a year away, but it's time to pick sides. Are you #TeamCap or #TeamIronMan? Tweet your allegiance to... this thread. And don't actually Tweet it because that won't work. And also... don't worry about #TeamIronMan; I think we all know how it's going to go.

ueedsj.gif

rmebqn.gif

Gawd, I actually feel bad for Tony. Cap's going to hit him so hard that his dead Dad will feel it. Cap's going to knock him right out of the suit and then give him a speech about how he's 'not mad, just disappointed' just to make it hurt that much worse. Cap's going to punch Tony's name right off the lease to Avengers Tower.

EDIT - Concept art of the suit that Cap's going to turn into so much scrap metal:

11193179_630056353797447_717201699_n.jpg

#8 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:23 AM

#TeamCap OMG. Also them hashtags.

Seriously though, I am excite for this movie. I honestly think there are too many people in it and it should just be an Avengers film, but I know that it centers on Cap, and hopefully that means all these other people won't cut into his screentime. I'm stoked to see Cap kick everybody's butt (and show up the ones on his team, though, you know, he's too nice a guy to rub that in their faces).

EDIT: You know what, Cap just looks like too much of a boss in that art of him about to smash Iron Man's metal face. I gotta make that my avatar now.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#9 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:19 AM

It's still a Cap movie because Cap is the protagonist, plain and simple. Of course anti-registration is the good side. The registration act, or whatever they call the government-agent-to-control-supers, lines right up with SHIELD trying to control terrorism--let's face it: Insight may have been a Hydra baby, but Cap was opposed to the idea when Fury pitched him the SHIELD version--and Tony creating Ultron. They've built up to this brilliantly with the themes in Cap 2 and AoU (which I have yet to see, still ;_; ).

Tony is scared, doesn't trust people, and wants to retire. He's selfish, really, and all of that is exactly why he builds Ultron.

Cap is the brave 'America-Freedom dude who will keep fighting as long as people need protecting. That's why he disagrees with Insight.

Gah, the multi-movie structure and character development going into this ^_^ Also, I don't know how legit it was but I saw one place that seemed to think Banner would show up, too. And Spidey has been confirmed, I thought? Anyways, we should start rampant speculation on who'll be on which side...

#10 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Patron
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:04 AM

I'm just curious to see what the exact bruh-hah-hah that casues everybody to start punching each other will be, seeing as how the original story involved forcing super-powered folks to register their identities with the government, but the MCU doesn't really have a whole bunch of heroes with secret identities. If I had to guess, though

Spoiler

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

ezgif_com_b873041021.gif

#11 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,541 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:04 AM

Update: concept art of the suit that will swaddle The Mighty Shoulders of America as the glorious fighting happens:

CEUp4aoWgAAB5DT.png

This gon' be good, you guys. It looks pretty much identical to the AoU suit, but with a few stylistic touches from the Winter Soldier stealth suit. The red highlights on the chest are gone, as are the white biceps, and the boots are different. I love it!

Next in our continuing series on how badly Cap is going to beat Iron Man: Cap's durability.

bKCwhqY.gif

tumblr_n2kepmggfS1qj0fdgo1_500.gifmVsHVk5.gif

Direct grenade blast knocking him into a bus that subsequently crashes? Slightly dazed for a few seconds. Forty-storey fall, landing directly on the ribs? Momentary grimace of pain, then immediately destroys a jet in hand to hand combat. Drop like two-hundred feet? Bro, he did that one on purpose, without even hesitating. He jumped onto that Helicarrier with less trepidation than I would have about walking down a staircase two steps at a time.

Also, I don't have a gif of this bit, but in that final fight with Winter Soldier I'm pretty sure he gets shot three times, stabbed twice, takes innumerable hits to the face from a robot arm and still wins comfortably. This is without even mentioning all the ridiculous stunts he pulls in Age of Ultron. I know it seems like the man in the metal super suit should have an advantage over a dude in a blue onesie, but... Captain America, you guys.

Spoiler

EDIT - I agree that the movie seems overstuffed with characters at the moment, but I'm into it. I mean, I'd like to see another awesome Cap solo movie as much as the next guy, with Cap and Falcon bro-ing out while they track down Bucky, but this movie actually sounds even better to me: a mini-Avengers movie that focuses on the best Avenger. It's basically the movie I would make if Kevin Feige called and put the next Avengers movie in my hands. I mean, sure, I'll put all those other dudes in the background for most of the scenes, but the vast majority of the movie is going to be Cap throwing down with bad guys in the most awesome ways possible.

As for exactly how the Civil War's going to work, that's a tough one. At the moment in the MCU, there aren't really that many superheroes who actually have secret identities. Everyone knows who Iron Man is, and after Black Widow dumped SHIELD's files onto the internet, pretty much everyone else has gotta be public knowledge. The best theory I've seen, which I will shamelessly steal here, is that we're going to see a big influx of Inhumans in the MCU after some upcoming events on Agents of SHIELD. Season 2 is ending next week, and the finale is looking like all-out war with the Inhumans, and Season 3 will presumably lead right in to Cap 3. It's always hard to guess exactly how much of an effect Agents of SHIELD will actually have on the movies, though, since I imagine only about 1% of the people who see Marvel movies actually watch the show.

#12 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Self-Ejected
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:50 AM

Martin Freeman...?

-googles-

Oh. That guy. Bilbo, right.

Anyway, I'm Team Iron Man for the sole reason of him being in power armor. I love me some power armor, mechs and all around military hardware. That and Tony's pretty funny, plus he and I are kinda alike in terms of attitude and on the rare occassion, narcisism.

But let's be real here... it's all about Thor.

vDQCNpz.gif

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#13 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Banned
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

Oh my god.

After his debut in Marvel’s “Ant-Man” on July 17, 2015, Paul Rudd (“Ant-Man,” ”Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues”) will make his first appearance alongside the Avengers as Scott Lang/Ant-Man in “Captain America: Civil War.”

The film also includes outstanding additional cast, including Chadwick Boseman (“42,” “Get on Up”) as T’Challa/Black Panther, Emily VanCamp (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Revenge”) as Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Daniel Brühl (“Inglourious Bastards,” “Bourne Ultimatum”), Frank Grillo (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Warrior”) as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones, William Hurt (“A History of Violence,” Marvel’s “The Incredible Hulk”) as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross and Martin Freeman (“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”).  

“Captain America: Civil War” picks up where “Avengers: Age of Ultron” left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

With William Hurt returning and Paul Rudd joining the caste for cheap gags, this movie may just upstage the Winter Soldier. I'm really hoping they plug Steve x Sharon like they did in the comics.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#14 Moonlight

Moonlight

Leave Luck To Heaven

• Nova Patron
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:34 PM

Honestly, I'm completely fine with the cast being stuffed with all these characters. Just gimme more Agent 13, man.

tumblr_nk2f3wRCMa1si48w3o1_1280.png

#15 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:40 PM

This movie looks rad. I'm Team Iron Man, but only because I love Iron Man and he's always been one of my favourites. 

I have yet to see AoU, but I plan to this week so I can't comment on any plot details yet, but the lineup looks pretty sweet. Colour me excited.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#16 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,541 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:34 PM

So at this point I think it's pretty much everyone except Thor and Hulk. I really never expected to see William Hurt back in the MCU. I was kind of hoping we'd never see that godawful Louis Leterrier Hulk movie referenced ever again. I really can't remember anything about his performance as General Ross apart from that one unwatchably cheesy scene where he says "By God, he's doing it!" when Tim Roth has that dumb CGI/wire-fu fight with the Hulk. God that movie was awful. 

Updated list of Civil War participants, then, split into what I'm guessing their allegiances will be:

#TeamCap
Chris Evans - Captain America
Anthony Mackie - Falcon
Jeremy Renner - Hawkeye
Scarlett Johansson - Black Widow (I hope. I couldn't take that betrayal)
Sebastian Stan - Winter Soldier (You know he'll come around)
Elizabeth Olsen - Scarlet Witch
Emily VanCamp - Sharon Carter (Hands off Cap, Blondie; you're not cool enough for him)

#TeamIronMan
Robert Downey Jr - Iron Man
Don Cheadle - War Machine
Paul Bettany - Vision (I guess? Tony did sort of create him, after all)

#TeamIDon'tKnowYet
Paul Rudd - Ant-Man 
Chadwick Boseman - Black Panther (probably TeamCap, depending on how cool he is)
Martin Freeman - Unidentified Martin Freeman character
Yet-to-be-cast-skinny-white-guy - Spider-Man (if it's anything like the comic he'll be #TeamFlipFlop)

#TeamBadGuy
Daniel Brühl - Baron Zemo
Frank Grillo - Crossbones
William Hurt - General Ross

#TeamNotAppearingInThisMovie
Chris Hemsworth - Thor
Mark Scruffalo - Hulk
N-Portz, GwynnyP, entire Guardians of the Galaxy cast, etc

In conclusion, I now present Exhibit #3 on why #TeamCap is the correct choice:
tumblr_lzm8m8u2Ut1qdd8wro1_500.gif
tumblr_inline_ml4glkwP9t1rxc7x3.gif
_1396987376.gif

#17 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Patron
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:53 AM

Okay Occy I'm only telling you about this because we care about you but I think it's about time we discussed your "posting Cap gifs" problem.  I think you need help. :P

#18 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,541 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:28 AM

Okay Occy I'm only telling you about this because we care about you but I think it's about time we discussed your "posting Cap gifs" problem.  I think you need help. :P

tumblr_nn9mt3aV7D1r7mioso1_500.gif

#19 Spark

Spark

Sparkie92#0038

• Nova Patron
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:55 AM

It's hard to argue with the man. He's got a compelling voice.

Maybe post #TeamIronMan gifs in rebellion.

PXwSeJy.png

#20 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Patron
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:08 AM

tumblr_nn9mt3aV7D1r7mioso1_500.gif

Maybe I will.  Wanna make something of it?  Ya wanna fight?  Ya wanna throw down?  How 'bout some...

giphy.gif

Edited by Halicon, 08 May 2015 - 02:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users