Hello denizens of SSLF!
I noticed we didn't have a solid list of custom minifig resources listed out, so I figured I'd go ahead and set one up. Hopefully this will inspire some additional creativity when it comes to making cool figs. I'll also go ahead and give a couple of interesting little details about each vendor (especially since I've ordered from all of them).
This will be an ongoing list, that I'll add to in the OP overtime.
Let's get started!
1) Saber-Scorpion Decals
Link: Listen, if you made it this far into the forum, I really hope you realize where the, "Shop," button is.
Examples: Again, if you made it this far, I'm certain you've searched the rest of the site by now.
- I can't create a list like this without recognizing this site first. In case you somehow missed it, this website primarily sells custom minifig decals. They range from various themes from military, sci-fi, fantasy, medieval, and so much more. The decals are similar to that of a regular sticker, the only exception is that you have to cut them out rather than peel them off of a sticker sheet. They're also pretty durable enough to stand light playing (i.e. not dunking minifigs in water or throwing them across rooms). Another bonus about this site is the ability to create commissions! Both minifigs and decals are always made at the same standard as the other decals. All you have to do is provide a detailed description and/or images to assist in the process. Depending on the complexity of the design, and Scorps availability, designs usually take anywhere from one to two weeks. You'll also receive a screen shot of the commission, prior to it being shipped, just to make sure it looks right. Overall, if you're looking for a quick way to spice up minifigs, this is a great solution!
2) Brick Arms
- Saber-Scorpion: Again, if you're looking for the link, you haven't tried looking that hard on this site.
- Others: http://brickarms.com/resellers.php
- With the ever growing popularity of military themed builds, one company still stands pretty tall for delivering some of the best firearms and armor on the gray market. That is Brick Arms! You'll find products ranging from the Revolutionary War, Civil War, World War I & II, Vietnam, Modern Wars, and Sci-fi Wars. Their products have the best quality you can find in the gray market. The weapons and armor are durable and intended for play; they're basically on par with TLG products.Usually, if you're looking to grab some heat, I'd start by checking out the various re-sellers for specific goods. It is also worth noting that many of their products come in various colors, allowing for a diverse array of colorful weaponry. Another thing to mention is that some re-sellers carry the coveted prototype weapons. Keep an eye out for those, because they sell quickly!
3) Modern Brick Warfare
- You might not have heard of these guys before, but they're pretty darn good. Modern Brick Warfare is a re-seller of Minifig.cat products, specifically their modern weaponry and gear. They sell a wide variety of products including body armor, custom headgear, custom weapons, custom accessories, minifig packages, Tiny Tactical mods (allow for modification of minifig gear), and so much more. The gear is made of high quality plastic, so you don't need to worry about it breaking. If you ever take a look at a lot of the military figs being made today, you'll probably see some of their products being shown off. I specifically like how advanced their weaponry gets, simply because it's one product without the need of any modification. The other thing to note is that they also have other unique items such as dog armor, drones, gas masks, watches, and other gear to make your figures get as tactical as possible. I've picked up some of these goodies at Brickfair, and I can say you won't be disappointed!