#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,906 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

POPULAR

The results are in!

Funnily enough, all of the winning entries were submitted by email! But, for the people who entered on the forum: thanks for trying, at least.

Panel of judges:
Saber-Scorpian
Princess_Celestia
Darth_Assassin_117

FIRST PLACE (GRAND PRIZE WINNER)

Posted Image
Title: Sarren Arkangel Capitol Ship
By: ULTRA_SPARTEN_CHEIF
Description: This is the Sarren Arcangel Captel Ship. It is 1000 meters long and is armed with 1000 missle pods and 9000 lazer turrents. (ITS OVER 9000 LOL) The sheilds are mega powerfull and were desined by the Akmer for there ally's. The captin of the ship is Cap. Blackwing III who is a pirate that joined the Counsel Of Harmony in 2315 ABY. He and his SHIP have never been defeated in battle.

Judge Comments:
Darth_Assassin_117: by Sully's mustache!!!!1 this is frikin amazin you are literally a Lego god, the saran should worship u instead of whatever that lame godess is called lol anyway 1000/10
Princess_Celestia: Lovely ship! But I think you stole the image from this young man, so I'm afraid I can't give you a good rating. Next time don't cheat - hard work pays off! 1/10
Saber-Scorpian: Um, quit showing off your huge LEGO collection?? Just because you have a lot of bricks doesn't mean you're better than other people, duh. Anyway the colors are wrong and it kinda looks like a dong. 1/10
FINAL AVERAGE RATING: 334/10

SECOND PLACE (RUNNER UP)

Posted Image
Title: Achmer "Ol-Fgothlo" Stealth Exploration and Research Craft
By: Penitent_Cthulhu
Description:
Category: Explorer
Length: 442.23 meters
Width: 318.11 meters
Height: 130.43 meters
Mass: 3,309,000 metric tons

Decks: 32
Crew: 750 officers and enlisted

Maximum Capacity: 9800

Commisioned: 2357-present

Phasers: Type X
Torpedo Launchers: 2

Warp Reactor: M/ARA
Normal Cruising Speed: Warp 6
Max Cruising Speed: Warp 9
Maximum Speed: Warp 9.2-9.9 (12h)

The Achmer "Ol-Fgothlo" class explorer craft was commissioned in 2357 (Achmer calendar) from a prestigious top-secret Achmer starship design lab by the Red School for use in covert research operations into deep space. It has a full visual and sensory cloaking device that renders it invisible to all kinds of sensors as well as the naked eye. When intelligence operatives from the HUB Authority discovered this project, they immediately reported it to the official Achmer government and the High Council of Harmony, who sent agents to apprehend the Red School scientists and confiscate all documents related to the "Ol-Fgothio". Rather than scrap the design, the Achmer government saw its usefulness and immediately began production.

Since then, the starship has proven useful beyond measure, not only in research and exploration, but in battle as well. In the war-torn skies of Thanis IV, it slipped through a blockade of Helexith starships to extract a group of Native refugees, the last of their species, now living in a protected enclave in Achmer space. It was the first ship to alert the High Council of Harmony of humanity's arrival in Nova Refuge, and it kept an eye on their progress on Terra Nova. Though somewhat outdated by today's standards, its top-secret cloaking technology remains unmatched, as the Achmer continue to refuse to share it with the galaxy for the greater good of all species.

(NOTE: Because I am not a very good artist, the image above shows the ship in cloaked mode.)

Judge Comments:
Darth_Assassin_117: holy shat ur smart lol, good job on the info, i can see you put a lot of thought into this, you should try writing a sci fi book, your already a better writer than saber!! 900/10
Princess_Celestia: Excuse me, but I think this contest was meant to show off a visual design. Even if you are not a good artist, you should have followed the rules and tried your best! Also, I think your statistical information was stolen from a Star Trek website. Nice story though! 2/10
Saber-Scorpian: Too many numbers, not enough pictures. 1/10
FINAL AVERAGE RATING: 301/10

THIRD PLACE (LAST PLACE WINNER)

Posted Image
Title: Acmer "Jellyfish" Defence Satellight
By: Billy K. (age 8)
Description: when the acmer first desighned this ship it was sposed to be a fighter but they tryed so hard to make it simmetricle that it had engin boosters on all sides so when it tried to fly it just staid in the same spot so they made it a satellight insted also it has tantacals for moving space dabree and a cock pit with windshields on every side as you can see in the picture its exactly simmetrical i hope i win (:

Judge Comments:
Darth_Assassin_117: frikin lulz kid your too young to be on the internet without mommys permission, stop wastin everyone's time with ur ms paint drawings go back to kindergarden 1/10
Princess_Celestia: Very good work, Billy! Keep practicing those drawing skills! 6/10
Saber-Scorpian: I lol'd. At least it's funny. Rated 5, went hog wild. 100/10
FINAL AVERAGE RATING: 35.6666666666666667/10

Well, that's all for now, folks! I'll be posting the final ratings and judge comments for the other entries later. Winners can expect a PM about their prizes later too. Thanks to everyone who entered!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#2 Lord English

Lord English

You're DARN TOOTIN i love to roughhouse!!!

• Nova Member
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

Didn't you say judges had to be nova members... Dark Assassin isn't. Just sayin'.

Also, the middle one is my favorite. That is an awesome cloaking device.

He had me at first. When I saw the second and last one though, I knew it was fake. the second would have won, obviously.

rsz_1gebwrhyswjipiqhompdmu0yecrcevjcvkpr

All Hail the Emperor and Senate of the Byzantine Empire

#3 Golden Crusader

Golden Crusader

Fear our name, for it is vengeance-Fists

• 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:07 AM

I don't know how anyone could've competed with a 334/10 man, rough crowd ;)
Feel the righteous zeal of the FISTS

#4 Spartanmonkey285

Spartanmonkey285

Get to tha CHOPPA!!!

• 27 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

Hmm... Interesting Grand prize winner you have there...

Edited by Spartanmonkey285, 01 April 2013 - 03:31 AM.

OOH WA-AH-AH-AH!!

Mah flickr

#5 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

Posted Image
Title: Achmer "Ol-Fgothlo" Stealth Exploration and Research Craft

Daaaaaw... that was my idea!

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#6 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

Oh, crap. The ROOT program became sentient, took over SSLF and Scorp!

Looks like I need to de-activate him... Open the forum bay doors, ROOT.

....ROOT, do you read me? ROOT? Hello, do you read me, ROOT?

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#7 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,906 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

Didn't you say judges had to be nova members... Dark Assassin isn't. Just sayin'.

Neither is Saber-Scorpian.

Oh, crap. The ROOT program became sentient, took over SSLF and Scorp!

Looks like I need to de-activate him... Open the forum bay doors, ROOT.

....ROOT, do you read me? ROOT? Hello, do you read me, ROOT?

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#8 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#9 Horatius

Horatius

I am smarter in the books

• Nova Member
  • 565 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

Number three should have won, for this line alone:

"so when it tried to fly it just staid in the same spot"

The first picture had me terrified and in awe, but the ratings and responses clued me in. Happy April Fool's Day to you too!

Then out spake brave Horatius,

The Captain of the Gate:

"To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.

And how can man die better

Than facing fearful odds,

For the ashes of his fathers,

And the temples of his gods."

#10 Tr0jin H0rse

Tr0jin H0rse

Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthorpist

• Nova Member
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Cool story. Needs more dragons.

#11 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

ahh April first, my second least favourite day of the year

mudkip.png

#12 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,906 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

Number three should have won, for this line alone:

"so when it tried to fly it just staid in the same spot"

Thank you, I rather liked that bit myself.

But yes April Fools! of course.

I will try to get the real results up soon. Apologies to Garry King on MOCPages for using his amazing LEGO S.H.I.P. in this clumsy attempt at humor.

:lockie:

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users